Ungaro pour L'Homme III 1993Eau de Toilette

Ungaro pour L'Homme III (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro
Ungaro pour L'Homme III (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Emanuel Ungaro for men and was released in 1993. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCoriander, Lavender, Mahogany, Orange, Sage, Vodka, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.10.2020.

Rquill67
Not a "Mall of America" Fragrance but Close!
This is my first Emanuel Ungaro fragrance and I do enjoy it. Definitely masculine to my nose and is spicy, warm and woody. While this is not your typical "Mall of America" fragrance with the same old DNA, it's close to many other fragrances marketed for men.

The only thing is I don't smell the rose or florals in this one at all which is disappointing. I do smell the vodka and the patchouli as well as the geranium and the vetiver.

This isn't a love for me, just a like. Would definitely wear this one, and the only thing is, this doesn't last very long on my skin. I do enjoy the composition. 6.5 / 10 for me.
This makes work fun!
My dear colleague came into the office today with his scented case and generously needed small ampoules to fill in in case of the olfactory promise. They still exist, the nice people :-)
What a mistake! Of the 20 or so fragrances presented, 7 have made it into my home as bottlings. Really a lot of new things, a lot of delicious things were underneath and I am really happy about the novelties in my cupboard! But no fragrance is as WICKED (sorry to say it so simply) as HUNGARO III ! I didn't know the scent yet and the brand had somehow and somewhere come across to me, but hadn't left me with any great memories. UNGARO III grabbed me directly while spraying on it: the alcoholic start combined with the woody and herbal underground convinced and inspired me directly. Full of excitement, I kept sniffing my arm and was really fascinated by the mixture, because now something fulminating in the scent came out. But not such a steam hammer blossom super gau, but pleasantly noticeable but not too obtrusive. After a while, however, the fragrance is really unstoppable, as an impressive woody/masculine scent mixture now prevails. I have sniffed my wrist at least 2 dozen times during work over and over again and I was happy like a madman about this insanely cool scent! The durability for a fragrance around 20-25 € is very decent, you really can't complain about it.
I for my part am totally happy and will buy it - as soon as the bottling should be empty - directly in the 100 L barrel :-)

The Cursed Masterpiece
I don't give a damn if the fragrance is more than 25 years old, or if the bottle is made of cheap plastic... And I don't even care if a teenager, a housewife or an astronaut like this fragrance or not.

This is a timeless masterpiece, created by Jacques Polge and François Demachy.

... Is there anything else to say?

Indeed, this is the olfactory gem that evokes the scent of vodka and the gothic rose... The cursed one, the underground legend that has reached these days, hidden among forgotten shelves of old perfumeries.

I've read that it has been discontinued, so hurry to get it. I already have some back up bottles...

Projection & Sillage are strong and longevity is very good (7-9h), especially in cold and humid weather.

... Sometimes you read a lot of nonsense in people's reviews. There are some disrespectful guys, some ignorant babble... And some absurd ideas, too. One of them, is that Ungaro III is a fragrance "too masculine".

Really? ... Are you kidding me? Those guys have lost their sense of smell snorting so much sugar overdose. Don't make me laugh! In case you hadn't noticed, we are men, yes... Not a fruit cake.

This fragrance is sophisticated, classy and mysterious... Perfect for dusk and nights. All seasons, all year... And of course, dressed up. ;-)
Multifaceted
Today a 100ml bottle of this fragrance arrived. My conclusion: "everything under one roof". The scent somehow offers everything. Male striking, sweet, tart, herbaceous, woody, floral. He offers so much, you have trouble interpreting it. Some also refer to vodka, I can't do that for myself. The scent works, like vodka ;), but it is definitely not fusel. Interesting and multi-faceted. Good mixture between nostalgic and modern.
the opposite day/night,

the mere fact that in no forum a similar or related fragrance is listed actually already honors him. It's not really something that special, has no last whistle and can't be classified as a country of composition - that's why it's so wearable and still completely individual.

Rose is hardly recognizable for me, if rather rosewood - the main components for me are geranium and sage. This gives it an 80s sporty shower gel touch, which I actually don't like at all, but here again it fits very well into the overall picture. It is somehow quite flat and yet has a fabulous dark rosewood undertone. I don't smell vodka, I smell alcohol - it's 80% vodka and 40% vodka.

It is the opposite of a heavy oriental resin/spice/powder scent and actually quite bright, but has a dark chyphreic base. He has hardly any sweetness, no powder, cinnamon, vanilla (at least not enough) or similar, so everything is very unpleasant and manly and that's good. The initial brightness quickly tempts you to wear it during the day, but it only perfectly matches the night and this time it's not imaginary, it could also come in the brightest brightly decorated bottle.

A classic nocturne scent that duets with sport shower gel - does one do such a thing at all?: Ungaro III !

All season scent
UNGARO III, it's listed as an AROMATIC, I guess what puts it in this category is the vodka.
I'm surprised that some people think of it as a cooler weather scent. It's airy, light, vodka-esque with a light rose in the background.

I can see why some might think of "bug spray" upon initial application. It eventually smooths out though and just stays airy and, to me, seems close to the skin.

I get a soft-pink-rose note in that background. Not feminine though, at least to me.

Summer or Spring, I will definitely be wearing this.

Pleasant scent!
For me it smells like a mix of Montale's Moon Aoud and Chanel's Egoiste Platinum.

I smell mostly roses with some herbs and spices.

Very pleasant to wear with average lasting power, sillage and projection.

Updated January 2014

Flannelman
A sensual, dark, masculine rose fragrance
A sensual, dark, masculine rose fragrance.

The opening is quite sharp, fougère-like and dominated by citrus, lavender and a touch of vodka. I found it a bit agressive at first but it has definitely grown on me.

Lots of flower notes in the heart but rose is definitely the star here. This is not a shy white rose — not by a long shot! It's a dark, mysterious thorny rose bush; perhaps growing alongside the wall of an old manor house. But it's not just dark: Ungaro III is also classy, seductive, lush, and effortlessly sophisticated. It's on a mission to attract people and is very succesful at it.

The rose is still noticeable in the drydown, which is warm and balsamic, with a little sweetness thrown in.

The sillage is extremely good for the first few hours; longevity is average, 4 hours on me. The bottle is very nice, and matches the spirit of the fragrance.

TorkeTorke 3 months ago
Clean Rose with Vodca.

Decent longevity but sillage is quite weak. Definitly a skin scent.

Good for office work settings
ElysiumElysium 11 months ago
Dark passion is the accolade for this fragrance, perfect for a romantic dinner. It is soulful, floral, rosy and has a warm, sweet undertone.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
A polivalent fragrance that may present itself as spicy & woody but with fougére, floral & boozy facets. Nevertheless a scent for the night.
FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 2 years ago
What a good blind buy, i LOVE it so much from the first sniff.
AkuninAkunin 3 years ago
Officer with a rose. That's always in my mind when i smell this. Old school with attitude. Really masculine with a gentle touch of rose .

by Irini
by Mustafa
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Emanuel Ungaro

Ungaro (1977) (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Diva (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Diva (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Senso by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro L'Homme by Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro (2007) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme III Oud by Emanuel Ungaro Desnuda by Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou L'Elixir by Emanuel Ungaro Diva Rose by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro Love Kiss by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro Man (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition Homme Intense by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme III Parfum Aromatique by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro Silver by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro Masculin by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro