Enrico Coveri pour Homme 1983Eau de Toilette

Enrico Coveri pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Enrico Coveri
Enrico Coveri pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Enrico Coveri for men and was released in 1983. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Evaflor.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Pine, Basil, Tarragon, Clove, Cumin, Geranium, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cedar, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.03.2020.

Multiple notes are reported for this fragrance. See Parfumo Research for details.

DavidCameron
How do you get that off your skin?
The 7.9 points are inexplicable to me... what a horrible spice broth... goes straight to the round blind buy shelf. As a bargain hunter I learned how to deal with "strange" scents - but this Coveri nightmare gets me down.

But I don't get it. 7.9 points...? 7.9... that's almost 8 and 8 is really good. In addition to the finest ingredients such as lavender, bergamot, cedar, vetiver, sandalwood, MOSCHUS... I turn the wheel how bad an EdT can be with these good omens...

I already tried to wash it off - but the dirt remains as if it had grown - the colleague in the office has already asked what smells so bad here..

Eighties in a bottle
This very pleasant classic of the low cost perfumery sums up perfectly the spirit of the glorious and opulent Eighties.
In this squared and simple but quite elegant bottle There's an explosion of spices and aromatic- Woody notes giving a strong character to this fragrance.
The opening is fizzy and citrusy with a quite bitter note, then you smell a wonderful accord of balsamic pine, lavender, resins, spices with the unexpected gentle and vibrant jasmine touch .
But on your skin will remain for hours the warm and deep base notes such as the oriental patchouli, the amber, the cedar, the sandalwood with a vanilla sweet accent. The sillage is quite good and makes this scent perfect in the mid season or by night. Sprayed with moderation, this scent can be worn at the office too because is strong but not too heavy and intoxicating, at least in the recent re-formulation.
A little provocation, if I can: evrytime I go to the drugstore of my town selling this brand, I dare to try on my feminine skin this 80es' cult and the result is wonderful! So, why don't steal from your partners' perfume wardrobe this iconic "masculine" fragrance and wear it in winter or by night for a surprising effect, maybe associated to a very feminine and sexy outfit? The glorious Eighties were the years of the excess and of the provocations (just think of Madonna and many other popostars)and I think it's funny to live again just for a day or a night that special atmosphere through a perfume!
Klostermann Carnation Spirit
Invigorating, not just in weak moments. This is already promised by the unusual opening, which impresses with spicy lime and bitter grapefruit, neither citric nor fresh, but tangy and spicy. In the background Muskatellersalbei soon leads into the heart note.

Here the clove dominates, as ethereal as eucalyptus, but without any vaporub appearance. Rose geranium and lavender give depth to the fragrance with their ethereal parts, width with their floral parts. Above it floats airy pine resin. In the following hours, the perfume becomes noticeably softer. At first, the impression is a bit grumpy at first, but in the projection a nice fresh aura unfolds, that lasts a long time, simply dreamlike.

After 2 hours an almost sweet triad of patchouli, vetiver and cedar sounds. This chord harmoniously follows the ethereal of the heart note. He adds a warm earth to it, resting on a slightly soapy bed of musk and sandalwood.

Conclusion: Interesting course, multi-faceted with clear accents. Altogether a striking, quite beautiful perfume. Sillage good, shelf life 6-7 h. All-season fragrance, at very high temperatures the shelf life suffers somewhat, so in summer it is better to wear it in the evening. More for special occasions. Also suitable for expressive women:

Nefertiti likes it!

Coveris Pine Concentrate
It's stupid that I don't even know anymore from whom I received this men's fragrance as a miniature, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again - maybe the noble donor will contact me.

Thanks also because Enrico Coveri as a brand like this pour Homme was completely unknown to me until now and the content is a real olfactory pleasure.

However, you have to have a slight tendency to pine resin, because this seems to be the basic core in strong concentration. This reminds me myself of these green cones of scent, which at that time (perhaps even today?) were burned up as incense and were extremely room-filling. Also as a bath additive this coneferige memory stayed with me positively.

But Enrico Coveri can do more than just pine. In front and behind as well as left and right of the green base there are small citric splashes, spicy chords led by cumin as well as floral notes, especially a lot of rose geranium and some lavender.

Nevertheless: this is through and through a pure men's scent, which becomes seductively sweet at the back and thus contains typical 80's characteristics, but nowadays could also make a career as a modern unisex niche scent.

Precious Powerhouse From The Eighties
I have good memories of this jewel. I can still remember the time when I used the original Coveri pour Homme, formerly known as Dollar$ (vintage), the bottle was kept in a blue flannel bag and manufactured by Eurocosmesi. At that time, it was so original and disruptive, so leathery, mossy, and ambery, a real compliment getter with beast sillage and longevity, and I was in my twenties.
Right after having finished my precious bottle, I tested and bought Borsalino, which was an uncanny clone of it, yet with abysmal performance, I could barely smell it on my skin half an hour later. I was so disappointed and irritated since the clerk refused to substitute my purchasing after I exited and re-entered the perfume shop. Just because the box was unsealed by the manufacturer, with no plastic peel, and that did not allow her to replace or refund it after I left the shop. Damn, that was weird, I did not remove the peel because it was not there from the very beginning. I was so upset, because of that idiot rule and because of the bed performances.

Nonetheless, back to our time, Coveri pour Homme is now manufactured by Evaflor, and here you are what I get today after the IFRA reformulation... the opening has a bright minty vibe, full of zesty fruits like lemon, grapefruit, and bergamot. Albeit mentioned in the heart notes, there is a blast of blue lavender that kicks in powerfully and dominates the stage. It is a creamy and floral lavender, ain't freshly cut hay as in Pour un Homme by Caron.

Soon come the middle notes, very sophisticated with the floral touch of jasmine, and spicy tone of clove and cumin mix. The heart is a bit balsamic, the resinous and fresh pine's drops are detectable, and a tad green with basil and geranium leaves. I adore this scent now, as then, even if reformulated.

And, to finish, the base notes of vetiver root, cedarwood, and patchouli leaves, typically masculine, are reinforced by synthetic musk, with a touch of sweet amber and vanilla, which will leave an unforgettable scent behind you!

My final take on this, even though Evaflor has reformulated it, it still has excellent sillage and longevity, a sober soul with a touch of romantic flowers and woods. Uncompromisingly masculine. Ideal for both spring and fall season, when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold, wearable for both working and weekend days.

-Elysium

ElysiumElysium 9 months ago
Albeit Evaflor has reformulated it, it still has excellent sillage and longevity, a sober soul with a touch of romantic flowers and woods.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Spicy and aromatic with class and character at an affordable price. Quite good sillage and pleasant on the feminine skin too!

by Mustang69
by Taurus1967
by Ashton
by Ashton

Popular Enrico Coveri

Enrico Coveri L'Eau pour Homme by Enrico Coveri Paillettes (1982) (Eau de Toilette) by Enrico Coveri Enrico Coveri pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Enrico Coveri