Fico d'Elba

Fico d'Elba by Erbario Toscano

Controversially Rated Scent

Fico d'Elba is a perfume by Erbario Toscano for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFig leaf, Ivy
Heart Notes Heart NotesGalbanum, Fig, Coconut
Base Notes Base NotesBitter almond, Fig wood, Sandalwood

Submitted by Estate, last update on 19.05.2020.

Cafeliberte
The little souvenir fig (but not from Elba)
When I write a commentary, it usually contains something about Italy, Southern France or something Mediterranean. That's because I'm an extraordinary daydreamer and I've perfected it, and from all my travels and memories and souvenirs and photos I've created my dream world very present. And at some point I no longer have to daydream, then I finally have the sea very close. At least I still have plans for it
On one of these trips to Tuscany in the summer of 2018, which I also recorded in my blog as a small perfume guide, I came to an Erbario Toscano shop for the first time. A chain, but one that I personally find appealing, as I like the layout of the shops and the products. So in Lucca I found myself in one of these shops, and there I was in a phase of absolute discovery of fig fragrance; how could it be otherwise, Philosykos was my gateway drug and with the knowledge that the green fig and its foliage were olfactorically very much my thing, I had to test every scent of Fig-Figue-Fico in its name.
So Fico D'Elba was waiting for me here, the product range in shades of green.
I discovered a fragrance that had convinced me after the first splash on my wrist, and I was able to treat myself to it in the 10ml Travelsize at a small price. I was given a couple of specimens in addition, a pretty little bag, and on some days during this beautiful holiday I smelled of figs from the island of Elba, although I was in the middle of Tuscany. I have never been to Elba and I don't think that the figs smell like this, but I don't mind because the fragrance with its refreshing green note gives me exactly the Mediterranean feeling that I enjoy very much.

I suspect that many who perceive the coconut so clearly in Philosykos also smell it in Fico D'Elba. Personally I don't feel that way, I know what is meant, but for me the green fig outweighs in both scents. In Fico D'Elba I feel the creamy base a little stronger, creamy and slightly woody through the sandalwood, with the present young green figs and leaves. A refreshing scent, which for me, like most fig scents and my Mediterranean associations, fits better to spring and summer temperatures, but I also like to smell like this in winter (because with scents it is much easier to daydream).
It doesn't come close to my ultimate fig scent Ichnusa ($$$-sigh), but it's a beautiful, harmoniously composed fig scent, which bears a resemblance to Philosykos but is much cheaper.

So I bring my little fragrance souvenir home, unpack my cosmetics bag - and the fragile little atomizer slips out of my hand and shatters on the bathroom floor.
But what I didn't know at that time was that I would go on a two-week trip all by myself through Italy in the autumn of the same year, land in Florence, stroll past Erbario Toscano on a rainy day, buy the perfume again and simply bring the souvenir home from another place and another trip.

The best fig tree smell
For me this is the best fig tree perfume I've tried for the moment. It is quite realistic and good quality in an uncomplicated way. I've come to understand that I like my fig perfumes that way, maybe it is because I usually connect smelling fig trees with holidays and free time. Anyway, the truth is that very complicate fig perfumes tend to become annoying in the end to me. Fico d'Elba is optimistic, easy, sunny and more woody than fruity. It has a very good performance and it keeps fresh all the way to the drydown.

I should have bought a full bottle in my last visit to Siena.

Popular Erbario Toscano

Cuore di Pepe Nero / Black Pepper by Erbario Toscano Polvere di Siena / Dust of Siena by Erbario Toscano Legno di Rosa / Rosewood by Erbario Toscano Vaniglia Piccante / Spicy Vanilla by Erbario Toscano Primavera Toscana / Tuscan Spring by Erbario Toscano