Magnetism (2003)

Magnetism by Escada

Magnetism is a popular perfume by Escada for women and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Blackcurrant, Honeydew melon, Red berries, Cassia, Lychee, Blackcurrant bud, Blackcurrant leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Iris, Green notes, Freesia, Basil, Jasmine, Caraway, Heliotrope, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Amber, Patchouli, Musk, Benzoin, Caramel, Vetiver, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.12.2019.

I don't know...
...as I can best put it, so that the fans of the perfume are not irritated. I've read great reviews here, the bottle looks great, the name sounds so seductive. And I really wanted to test him. I and the flowery scents rarely become friends but unfortunately I have to say that for the first time a perfume has disgusted me so much! I really felt it in my stomach for minutes. Only when you smell it on paper. I didn't dare spray it on my skin after that. Heavy flowery and then also very sweet. Kind of too much. Therefore here first of all without grading. Do you think he'll get a chance later? Let's have a look
6.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Sun red
I knew he'd been on the market a bit longer, but only a few weeks ago he got his eye on it and I have to say, nice little sniff! Interesting scent mixture in addition. Despite many fruits, don't even feel it like a fruit bomb with a lot of sweetness. I was told it smells like a good aftershave, which amazes me because it is supposed to be a pure women's fragrance. But also I must confess would rather classify it as unisex scent. Definitely something for the warm seasons I would personally mean. Reminds me of a nice sunscreen. Conclusion for me, a good fragrance where the price is right. Portable throughout the day. In addition well dosed not aggressive or suffocating, durability also top. I'd love to.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Firmly glued
Kstadt lured with offers, and I have now decided to give away bed linen to match the scents.

To " White Linen " white bedding - why not ?

My best friend found the idea original and supported me in my endeavour.
Only the husband growled, because he does not like to hang around in consumption temples.

For him, "shopping" means "shrinking in" - and so we are measuring the halls at a rapid pace.
With blowing hair past the scents - but wait! What's stopping my winning streak ?
A purple Escada laughs at me.
Full braking and a quick sniff.

Oh - what a beautiful soft fruity prelude !
Soft berries are covered with sweet honeydew melon.
Yum.
Velvety I am bedded on roses - framed by soothing jasmine.
Sandal nestles up creamy, overflowing with a delicate caramel note.

The husband steps from one leg to the other and taps on his wristwatch.
But I can assure him that I am glued to a "magnet".
He's got to see that.

To cut the long story short, he grabs the bottle and carries it to the checkout.
His impatience is good for my collection.

I found the matching satin bed linen, decorated with lovely blue tits, sitting on green twigs with cassis coloured flowers.

I think I will enjoy this fragrance - underwear combination myself.
5.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

PBullFriend
A scent battling with itself
Magnetism is an odd scent. To me, it feels like there are two "poles" - the basil pole and the praline pole - and each one is trying to pull other notes in its direction. Sometimes it smells like [basil + pineapple + black currant + patchouli] and is harmonious. Sometimes it smells like [praline + red berries + pineapple + black currant + vanilla] and works fine, too. Unfortunately, at several points in each wearing, there is a dispute between them, with a smell of [basil + pineapple + black currant + praline + red berries]. I think it was an interesting experiment to try lightening an otherwise heavy fruity-oriental with green notes, but ultimately it doesn't work. I'd prefer that the perfumers create less sweetness in the first place rather than creating it and trying to cut through it.
5.0 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Sweet, but not too sweet
When I was a lot younger, I filled my wardrobe with anything and everything sweet and foody. These days sweet scents rarely appeal to me, especially the loud, gourmand types. Escada Magnetism is wearable due to its subtle, perhaps more grown-up nature. It's like a cross between Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb and Diesel Loverdose.

I had a good feeling about Magnetism even before testing it. A dear friend kindly sent me a sample knowing how eager I was to get hold of one. I find this fragrance pleasantly sweet without being too candy-like. I hate smelling like a sweet shop, so I did admittedly approach this fragrance with caution, but was happy to discover that it was nowhere near as sweet as some other scents on the market today.

The caramel accord is smoothed out with vanilla, benzoin and sweet fruits, like pineapple, litchi and red berries. Rather than smelling juvenile, Magnetism has a delicious, sensual edge. While men could either love it or hate it on their women, I will give it a try with my fingers crossed behind my back.

Although the note is not listed, I get a slight licoricey accord in Magnetism, which in some ways balances out the composition. There is also a beautiful greeness, that although difficult to describe, really makes this fragrance special and unique.

The longevity is quite impressive, lasting a good six hours on my skin despite its subtlety. Magnetism overall is a warm and feminine fragrance, suitable for all ages. It may not be the most popular Escada scent, but for all I know, it's one of their few products that are supposedly permanent fixtures on the market. I hope to never see the day when they discontinue it.

... magnetische Wirkung... hiermit bestätigt!;-) #zart-bunt, für Fresh ... und außerdem wollt ich mal was ausprobieren...;-))
by LaVioletta
Violett à la Violetta ;-))
by LaVioletta
by Blix
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Escada

Magnetism by Escada Especially Escada by Escada Absolutely Me by Escada Taj Sunset by Escada Cherry in the Air by Escada Especially Escada Delicate Notes by Escada Desire Me by Escada Escada (1990) / Escada Margaretha Ley (Eau de Parfum) by Escada Especially Escada Elixir by Escada Escada pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Escada Joyful by Escada Incredible Me by Escada Magnetism for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Escada Born in Paradise by Escada Ocean Lounge by Escada Turquoise Summer by Escada Marine Groove by Escada Into the Blue by Escada Moon Sparkle by Escada Sorbetto Rosso by Escada