Magnetism for Men (2004) Eau de Toilette

Magnetism for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Escada

Magnetism for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Escada for men and was released in 2004. The scent is spicy-sweet. It was last marketed by Scannon.

Michel Almairac

Amber, Leather, Musk, Pepper, Pepper tree, Saffron, Sandalwood, Tolu balm, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.04.2019.

8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Morpheus1
The balsamic sweet perfection in the bottle
I really don't know any comparable fragrance.

At the beginning freshly sweet tingling like a glass of cola, almost refreshing. Then it becomes balsamic, soft, spicy, sweet and tender. Tolu balsam is the main ingredient of the fragrance. It's not powdery, it's balsamic. A lot of vanilla goes along with it. He really has associations with Vanilla Coke or Cherry Coke. More for some, less for some. Wood is rather kept in the background. Pepper yes, very subtle in undertone. Gives him the spice.

It is none of the typical spicy sweet scents.
But a scent to fall in love with at first smell! Very recommendable to test it at least once!

Are the now very high prices justified for this fragrance? Definitely yes!

For going out an ideal fragrance in the evening, but as I find also in everyday life usable if one does not exaggerate.

Monsieur Almairac, you've created something great!
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Grape cola goodness!!!!
I suppose all good things must come to a end right? I have had a love affair with this fragrance since it first came out. It was ( at that time ) stunning & a attention grabber. Sure it has a grape vibe to it, sure it smells of vanilla coke, sure it is sweet. But it is good. Several things that bothered me about this fragrance was it's lack of projection which on me was not much. Also longevity is not great either but acceptable for a concentration such as this. It would be better if it lasted 10+ hours.

I have sadly out grown this particular fragrance as it reminds me of young, juvenile, horny teenagers who are looking to bounce on anything they can. That is not so bad right? Well it can be once you are older & you mature. Magnetism always got me compliments whenever I wore it but as of late, it was doing nothing for me so I sold my bottle to a friend who loves it.

I will always have fond memories of this fragrance & the times we spent together. But it is time to move on to other things. Magnetism smells like it easily could have been a 90's creation to my nose. Just young, fun stuff! Enjoy it while it last.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Proto-Niche Oriental
Scentrack
Zoot Woman – It’s Automatic

Magnetism opens like a fizzy grape soda. It is a blend of strong Iso E Super manifested by pepper and sparkling cedar, and supported by Guaiac wood. The saffron is perfectly harmonized with strong woody nature of Magnetism. In the background, I can sense some leathery undertones, giving this composition dark and mysterious vibes. The balsamic base is composed of resinous Tolu, soft but comforting amber and pale vanilla. A real sexy, dark, vibrant clubbing fragrance. Perfectly named and perfectly matched to its bottle.
Magnetism is an example of carefully tweaked saffron/woody/leathery fragrance. A perfume structure almost depleted in the designer section today, but very often found in houses like Montale.

Rating: 8/10

More on Scentimentalwords

True gem!
Another peculiar, distinctive and quite appealing forgotten mainstream gem. The opening of Magnetism says it all already; a bittersweet, wine-ish, syrupy fruity accord, but with a peculiar sort of abstract, translucid texture, shiny and slightly “outdatedly modern” like the box itself (not sure when it was the last time I saw a holographic packaging...); something like grapefruit basically, posed on a balmy, velvety base of black suede, nutty notes, amber, vanilla, incense and clean, creamy, powdery notes (of violet?). Overall it’s quite on the sweet side, but also dark, weirdly “gothic” almost. Quite nondescript if you ask me, in a totally positive meaning: you definitely get Almairac’s taste for “softness” and his ability to make powdery-creamy notes play with darker-bitter ones, colouring them here with a red-violet-black palette. Magnetism can be defined as a powdery- ambery-balmy-fruity Oriental, but what’s fascinating is how it changes its look; you sniff it once, and it smells playful, sweet, fruity and velvety; you smell it again, and it appears dark, drier, austere, a contemporary gothic. With a carnal vein of wine coming and going. The balmy-woody notes are deep and pleasant: discreet, nutty, much aromatic and slightly spicy-medicinal – a bit “Coca Cola”, shortly. This woody-nutty-medicinal-ambery axe may make you think of early M7; even if Magnetism is overall completely different, I think they share a common ground to this extent. The wine feel may instead remind you of several Frapin scents, and if you’re a fan of that brand, chances are you’ll like this. The drydown is gentle and more focused on amber, vanilla, balmy-cashmere woods with a hint of powderiness. Really peculiar, classy, distinctive. Just a slight tad tacky perhaps, but... who cares for once. It’s creative and smells great: give it a chance!

7,5-8/10
7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Strong and medicinal
I had heard and read so many rave reviews from both men and women regarding Magnetism for Men. So when I saw this fragrance selling rather cheaply in a chemist the other day, I immediately tested it on both my skin and a tester card believing that I would be walking out the door with a purchase.

Unfortunately, (I must be the first woman to say this), I didn't like it. Magnetism for Men, was in my opinion, far too sweet and strong.

I like sweet scents on myself, however on a man it just doesn't seem right. Magnetism for Men, opens with an overly sweetened smell of glace cherries, which somehow smells medicinal to my nose, like that cherry flavoured cough syrup I used to take as a child.

The leather note is not strong enough in my opinion and it tends to be rather synthetic and rubbery. The scent, although unique, has been composed in such a strange manner.

I do agree that this fragrance is dark and in some ways sensual, however it is not my idea of a sexy scent. I would have liked to have seen more spiciness and richer woodsy notes.

The lasting power is very good, very lasting on the skin. And as you may have guessed, the sillage is extra strong. The only thing I can manage to say in conclusion to testing Magnetism for Men, is that you really should test before you buy.

by Morpheus1
by Chnokfir
by Michael
by Michael

Popular Escada

Magnetism by Escada Especially Escada by Escada Absolutely Me by Escada Taj Sunset by Escada Cherry in the Air by Escada Especially Escada Delicate Notes by Escada Desire Me by Escada Escada (1990) / Escada Margaretha Ley (Eau de Parfum) by Escada Especially Escada Elixir by Escada Escada pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Escada Joyful by Escada Incredible Me by Escada Magnetism for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Escada Born in Paradise by Escada Ocean Lounge by Escada Turquoise Summer by Escada Marine Groove by Escada Into the Blue by Escada Moon Sparkle by Escada Sorbetto Rosso by Escada