Sorbetto Rosso (2018)

Sorbetto Rosso by Escada
Bottle Design Illustration: Mads Berg

Sorbetto Rosso is a limited perfume by Escada for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty. Limited Edition

Richard Herpin

Watermelon, Mandarin, Calone, Pear, Red apple, Praliné, Tiaré, Musk, Ambrox

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 29.06.2020.

Finchen1976
I was wearing a watermelon!
Yeah, who doesn't know the famous phrase from Dirty Dancing!? :-)
Escada now brings out some fragrances every year, sometimes one, sometimes two. And I'm one of those who don't always like the scent.

In between, they smell very, very soapy with me, and the beautiful fruity makes the finish. But my skin is just weird.

I wouldn't comment on every fragrance from Escada, but since the fragrance pyramid usually never tells me anything or I smell something, except for the ingredient that cuts me down with half the garden fence, this GENAUSO is: MELONE, MELONE, and again MELONE. From front to back. Synthetic, yes, but so wonderfully fresh, melony with many other "undertones", but the melon remains thick and round and green and pink and can't be displaced from place 1 in my nose either.

Reminds me of the Pa.rty.li.te-candle fragrance watermelon! Also so slightly metallic. :-) I hope I can mention this here, otherwise delete it.

I actually like summer, when it's really hot, a little fresher, more citrusy, not so sweet, but I wear the Escadas all summer long, no matter how hot it is. They fit in somehow. I have no idea how they do it, but for me these are actually summer scents, but they can also be used for other purposes, which means winter, autumn, spring to get a good mood.

But - and all of them have that in common for me: after a bottle of 100ml (or once 50ml, once 30ml for the bag ^^) it's enough and you're looking forward to the next one.

Nothing special, it's true, but every year it's different.

And this time, while my husband couldn't get enough of the "Cherry in the Air" smell, he doesn't really like the melon smell. He doesn't hate him, but instead of saying "oh, you smell good" as usual, he just says "oh, melon again today". ^^

What I also noticed: while my almost retired older colleague never puts on a perfume in summer (Winter Chanel No. 5 and Summer Chanel Allure, nothing else), because of the critters they like so much, I have never noticed that, even at beach parties. No critters, no mosquitoes, nothing. Also no wasps, and that is already unusual with the sweet smells.

So an almost full 30ml (handbag!) and an almost empty 100ml ekes out their existence in possession, waiting for the next warmer temperatures. It does not stick to the skin for too long, even if it is mediocre. But the pleasure is not very short either.

And what I only notice in the Escadas through the bank: the base (or head or heart, whatever) note, so what you still sniff on the skin after a few hours, is soooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful, felt always the same, but in different nuances, very superficial to perceive in Cherry in the Air. That's what I love. Would be a pure signature fragrance candidate. :-) But of course I have no idea what that is.

The bottle... mediocre, but with recognition value. :-) And fits into my mini inside bag of my handbag, also very important, in 30ml. ;-)

DonJuanDeCat
Watermelons and women, what would you rather bite first? :D
Hello your sniffing pack :D
Yes yes, the days are getting noticeably warmer at the moment (even if there is some icy cold in between!), which means that colds are slowly becoming a thing of the past, which means that you have less clogged noses and which again means that you could sniff even more! It is, isn't it? D

And as it's getting warmer soon, it's time to test some summery fragrances, including some casual ones like Escada's, which bring out new summer fragrances every year and attract attention with their colourful designs.

At Sorbetto Rosso you are also attracted by such things. First of all there is the name "Sorbetto", so Sorbet, so ice cream! Who doesn't like ice cream? I thought so!! :D
And then, of course, there's the colourful packaging, which encourages you to try it out. Even us guys. Cause take a good look: On the packaging you can see the drawing of a pretty woman on a summer day in front of a balcony railing. Well, if that doesn't predict a good mood smell!
... that one(n) notices however also, how this woman lifted her legs in the air in such a way that one does not only see the beautiful thighs, but could look her also easily under the skirt, I keep rather times for me, since I am surely the only one, which would notice that... :D

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with a beautiful, sweet-fruity (but also slightly synthetic) watermelon, which also seems a bit like the watermelon aroma of a Hubba Bubba chewing gum. Most of them will say "neee, ist mir zu Girliehaft" now and maybe they are right, but I don't find the scent bad in itself.
The wine also contains aquatic notes which, together with the watermelon and other fruity notes such as a light mandarin, strawberry and pear, give a rather summery feeling, as if you were on holiday, spraying on a very fresh and, above all, light scent of the day.
In the background the scent remains a bit citric with lemons and oranges, despite the ever more sweetish scent, but the main scents are still sweetish watery watermelon with general, aquatic notes and (for me) not further definable, sweetish flowers. So the fragrance stays for the most part and I think it doesn't smell bad, especially if you don't expect too much.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is mediocre and for a while can be smelled well from a not very long distance, as a nice fragrance cloud is "secreted" nearby.
The shelf life is comparable to many other (non-citric) summer fragrances and lasts five to six hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is an inflated vessel with a nice pastel colour gradient from light blue to pink. On the front you can see a beautiful watermelon logo, which was placed under the Escada lettering. The lid is cylindrical, chrome-plated and also has the Escada lettering engraved in it. A nice bottle, I think.

Soo,... I can see that most people won't really be interested in this fragrance, but I think that these Escada fragrances are like the summer fragrances from Calvin Klein or Issey Miyake, for example: They are better than their reputation and therefore despite their synthetic scents not really bad, so that they are not a scent for big expectations, but can be used in spring or summer, when you just want to wear something harmless, loose, not bad smelling and suitable for the weather. Sorbetto Rosso is one of those fragrances that can be tested, especially since a small 30 mL bottle of it is also quite cheap to have.

So I recommend to test this scent, especially if you don't mind, to smell of sweet, loose scents that make you both tasty again and again... ummm... well... appear younger (and NO, I'm NOT saying that you're older... but I'm leaving now anyway :DDD).

Well, now that I've run away, this commi is now also over and I wish you all a nice evening :)
Delicious, whets the appetite
I was sceptical about this fragrance as well, because I was only used to Etro and Co. Also here it was worth a test sniffer and I must confess, I like him very much. Especially at high temperatures it refreshes the mind and conjures up a good mood. It can't be compared to higher quality fragrances, because it smells very artificial, but it's nice for the office every now and then. I like him and with Escada I discovered a new fragrance for myself. :-)
Dealing in melons
Every year I wait for the Summer Editons of Escada and Miyake - and most of the time I buy them too.

So I was glad to find Sorbetto Rosso in the store.

Already the first spray attracted me, because I like watermelons in every dosage form.
And here, no money was spared on melons.

The husband takes a step backwards, because he feels "rolled over by melons".
That doesn't bother me, because I like the cool sorbet character, which is accentuated by the aquatic mandarin.
The apple is also fresh and the tiare is brightly flowered.
Surprisingly and very apart the praline note is added.
Very seductive.
This attractive, cheerful summer scent is not just melons - as the start may promise.
This tasty sorbet has much more to offer.

Pure summer feeling - but not only

by Undsofort
by Undsofort
by Parfumaddict
by Parfumaddict
by Emma85
by Emma85

Popular Escada

Escada pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Escada Escada (1990) / Escada Margaretha Ley (Eau de Parfum) by Escada Escada Collection (Parfum de Toilette) by Escada Magnetism for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Escada Magnetism by Escada Especially Escada Delicate Notes by Escada Loving Bouquet by Escada Into the Blue by Escada Escada pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Escada Especially Escada by Escada Sentiment by Escada Moon Sparkle by Escada Sexy Graffiti (2002) by Escada Tropical Punch by Escada Sentiment pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Escada Lily Chic by Escada Escada Collection Edition 2001 by Escada Escada Margaretha Ley Tender Light by Escada Sexy Graffiti (2012) / Pink Graffiti by Escada Acte 2 (Eau de Parfum) by Escada