Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules

Escentric 01 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Green lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesISO-E-Super
Base Notes Base NotesFrankincense, Musky notes, Balsamic notes, Benzoin, Mastic resin

Submitted by RENATO, last update on 20.05.2019

10.0 5.0 2.5 5.0/10

Fame...
ESCENTRIC 01 – I was so glad, that I could bagging a sample from it! The descriptions were quite interesting, and I could not wait to wear it.

Oh, so far from being unisex on my skin! It is manly and smoky, the incense dings clearly. Later on it gets milder, the last stage is not too surprising with a plain salty cloud. I have to admit, ESCENTRIC 01 could be a natural wear for men, but it smells strange on my skin.

The scent is not too brave, endurance is average. I like bold fragrances, so we could not develop a big friendship with ESCENTRIC 01, but it can be considered as a perfect choice for those, who like low-key perfumes.
5.0 5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Digital Iso E Lime System
A fresh biting peppery note coupled with lime and juniper-gin fragrance. I purchased for myself, but ended up giving to my father. This smells better on a man to me. On my skin this was simply to intensely peppery and brisk with a sharp bitter gin& tonic kind of lime note. On a man this is an excellent clean smart daytime office or casual fragrance that last about 8 hours and changes over time as it melds with the wearers unique body chemistry. I picture this on high powered attorneys, investment bankers and motivational speakers galore. This is quite bracing and dry, initially and not remotely offensive and will appeal to anyone who doesn't want to announce that they care about their fragrance too much, but wants to smell somewhat unique and well-groomed.
The base has a healthy dose of orris root with benzoin in it as well, along with a whole wad of Iso-E- Super and synthetic clean musk provides a little bit of powdery earthiness later on in the show and really rounds this fragrance out making it more than just a simple zesty splash-n-go cologne.
I must add that the bottle is very tech savvy, with its binary code and barcode abstraction and I think this design will draw interest for the stylish IT Programmer/WebMaster who has everything.
I bought the travel size 30 ml which came in an intricate fold out cardboard case with a special nozzle holding design, compensating for the fact that this bottle is sold without a cap, which is a bit tricky for travel. Over all though it was a delightful discovery and the feedback from my father has been positive, he doesn't "Love it" but he finds it pleasant and will use the bottle up, he also noted that it didn't bother his legendary allergies to most florals and heavy musks. No complaints from his girlfriend either. At one point after sampling the whole line in one day, I had plans to "collect all six", but I quickly backed off of that idea after realizing Escentric 01 lacks the sort of 'Je ne sais quoi' that would cause a random stranger to stop and ask what I was wearing- and that's my niche. There's a lot of hype around Escentric Molecule's rather simple and ingenious plan to make Iso-E the star instead of the roadie for Molecule 01 and Escentric 01, but in spite of this I think it really works well with a lot of people's chemistry. I give it a firm handshake and welcome it aboard.

KingPin 96 days ago
I really like Molecule 01, but for me this doesn’t work. It’s like a great perfume (M01) was layered with random stuff. Disappointed.
6.0
6.0
5.0
3.0
Hermesh 4 years ago
Citric and spicy light woody notes brought perfectly together. Sillage changes a lot - as if by magic. Creative and fine!+1

by Achilles