Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules

Escentric 02 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Ambroxan, Gin, Hedione, Elder, Mandarin, Clary sage, Iris, Tonic, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.12.2019.

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Cyber tonic
I'll start with the frequently used associations to Escentric 02:

Macbook-Unboxing?
In fact, the fragrance initially has something to do with the olfactory perception when unpacking a brand new Apple product. This note of fresh technical equipment and clean, newly opened carton.

The scent of Almdudler?
Not really for my nose, even though I can begin to understand the association. Escentric 02 reminds me very much of a Gin Tonic that exudes its aroma on a warm day.

And what else can this scent do?

Very much as I find!
The terms "Immergeher" and "Büroduft" are used here and outside of Parfumo in an inflationary manner. One of these species should even "The best ..." ;) but let's leave it alone - it should not be an issue today.
For me Escentric 02 is actually the scent that actually corresponds to these dead noodled terms in an extremely positive way - and actually even archetypically stands for it However, it would be a shame to reduce it to this, because its fragrance composition is simply too beautiful; pleasantly light, discreetly present and gently uplifting.
He never has anything disturbing or overpresented at any time. He accompanies you with a serious but also light-hearted aura rather body-hugging and stretches his feelers - just like his Molecule brothers - only occasionally out around the environment a little "to lead around the nose".

I just love the Escentric 02 very much on me and around me.

So if you are looking for a very pleasant and interesting companion, you should definitely try it out here.

And don´t call him "Immergeher"! ;)
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Thorben180
Somehow nothing great but yet...
In the morning 4.30 am, Bielefeld main station. I want to take the train to Cologne/Bonn Airport. It's raining lightly. There's a smell of iron and oil at the station. The rain refreshes me, wakes me up. A travel bag, a backpack. I'm a little late and I have to run the last few yards to the train. There's not much going on. Lots of free seats on the train. Out of breath and slightly sweaty from the race, I sat down on a free seat. Music, relaxation before it gets stressful at the airport.
It smells like toilet blocks, leather, sweat, metallic. It's quiet on the train, cool. But you better put your jacket back on. Reading worn magazines lying around. Arrived at the airport I look for my check in. I still have time. It's fuller now. I smell fresh rolls, bread, McDonald's is already open. Shall I eat something? A lot of people pass me by. Sometimes I perceive perfume, sometimes sweat, fresh laundry or nothing at all. Somehow it's humid. I smell coffee. I'm taking a coffee with me. A great fresh smell is blowing towards me. I only perceive it discreetly. Continue with the coffee in the direction of Gate. Waiting line. That smell again. Duty free? Air freshener? No, better. Perfume? Man? Wife? From where? An older gentleman nudges me, "Please keep going." A void in front of me. I didn't move up, was in thought. I'm dropping off my travel bag. 300 grams too much, I guess that's okay, didn't say anything. Another breath of this freshness. I don't know the smell. What's that? What's that? It's great. Only with my backpack I'll go to security. Belt off, watch off. All out of the pockets. I wonder if they'll cut open my juggling balls They're filled with millet, but it could be anything for the security guys. Through the scanner. I'm okay. I haven't noticed the scent for a long time. Where is he, her, it gone? Must've just been in the air. Now on to the gate. Waiting area. There he is again! Oh, my God, he's still here. Oh, thank God for that. I'm actually knackered, tired, want to sleep, sit down. But I act as if I want to stretch my legs before the flight to know where this smell comes from. Nothing. Nothing. Just gone. I'm going to sit down. Read something. Boarding time. Show passport and personal details. I have to get in the back. Better be sitting in the back of the plane anyway. Waiting on the stairs to the plane. There he is again. Fresh, wood, tangerine? Much more perceptible than just now. Maybe through the rain? The sweat on your skin? On the plane. Two and a half hours to Sardinia. We're almost there. The safety briefing. No smoking, of course. Safety vest under the seat, oxygen from the ceiling. Aha, aha. I want to sleep. I have to go to the bathroom. When I'm going to the bathroom, I catch a wave of this scent. A perfume for sure. On board here. There's no escape here. I'll find you. I've got two and a half hours. Now to the bathroom. Back to the square again, very slowly along the corridor. Where are you? Where are you? There he is. I'm stopping. The air conditioner helps to distribute the scent. An older, sympathetic-looking gentleman with a moustache grins at me. I think it's to say hello. The seats next to him are free. I'll just sit down. "Excuse me, are you wearing this scent?" "I'm wearing a scent, which one do you mean?" "Yes, if I knew!" "Fresh, wood, tangerine. Somehow nothing great, but he still fascinates me." He's giving me his sleeve. "Oh, yes! What's that?" "Escentric 02. We'll talk about perfumes and this great scent. Unique. I haven't smelled it yet.
What a day, what a scent. Just great.

Thank you, Geza.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Farneon
Pleasant and low-friction woody-floral freshness ... no more, no less!
Well, I'm totally free of all the marketing gimmicks around this scent. Apple, Almdudler, aphrodisiac? All nonsense in my eyes or in my nose. And yet many let themselves be seduced by the advertising promises that they have found the scented sky on earth or demonize the stuff as disgusting chemistry. I honestly don't care how a fragrance is produced, at the latest since I know that 80 percent of the world's raspberry aroma is obtained by chemical transformation from cedar wood! It's true, you're welcome to google! ;-)

Here, 13.5 percent Ambroxan is now included. Such a lot of perfume is usually not even found in most expensive perfumes. Good thing no one has to go looking for sperm whale excreta anymore, though, right? Now I can't say exactly how pure Amber or Ambroxan smells, so I concentrate on the overall impression. This one comes across as wonderfully unpretentious and doesn't seem to me to want to revolutionize the perfume industry. I sniff out a fresh, woody scent and with it a combination that is one of my favourite.

Many may think I'm crazy now, but "Escentric 02" seems a bit like the unisex version of Armani's "Eau de Cédre" to me. A little less wood, but more flowery freshness. I don't want to get too close to individual ingredients, maybe I lack the olfactory competence for this. I find that both fragrances are harmonious in themselves and come across as quite linear. I miss the aha effect, but it doesn't have to mean anything bad, on the contrary. Escentric 02" is for me a fragrance for every occasion and every occasion, although of course it is a bit stronger in the warm season. For me it's also more of a men's fragrance.

The price is on the level of the standard fragrances of Armani, Chanel or Dior, so it is not a bargain, but not completely overpriced. For my part, I think that - apart from the whole marketing hype - a lot of things have been done right here. For those who like it more lively and citrical, grab Geza Schöns "Eau Yes". I like the fact that this man remains true to his line and spares me the omnipresent gourmand sweetness

Itchynose 8 months ago
Ambroxan, gin, vetiver, sage combine to create a short lived "new car smell" in a bottle. Synthetic, weird, slightly addictive.+1

by Flanker
by Flanker
by Escentric
Es wurde mal Zeit für meinen Namensgeber :)
by TheScenter
by TheScenter
by Jensemann
by Jensemann
by Thorben180
by Thorben180

Popular Escentric Molecules

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 04 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 04 by Escentric Molecules