Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules

Escentric 02 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-woody. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Ambroxan, Gin, Hedione, Elder, Mandarin, Clary sage, Iris, Tonic, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.06.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Farneon
Pleasant and low-friction woody-floral freshness ... no more, no less!
Well, I'm totally free of all the marketing gimmicks around this scent. Apple, Almdudler, aphrodisiac? All nonsense in my eyes or in my nose. And yet many let themselves be seduced by the advertising promises that they have found the scented sky on earth or demonize the stuff as disgusting chemistry. I honestly don't care how a fragrance is produced, at the latest since I know that 80 percent of the world's raspberry aroma is obtained by chemical transformation from cedar wood! It's true, you're welcome to google! ;-)

Here, 13.5 percent Ambroxan is now included. Such a lot of perfume is usually not even found in most expensive perfumes. Good thing no one has to go looking for sperm whale excreta anymore, though, right? Now I can't say exactly how pure Amber or Ambroxan smells, so I concentrate on the overall impression. This one comes across as wonderfully unpretentious and doesn't seem to me to want to revolutionize the perfume industry. I sniff out a fresh, woody scent and with it a combination that is one of my favourite.

Many may think I'm crazy now, but "Escentric 02" seems a bit like the unisex version of Armani's "Eau de Cédre" to me. A little less wood, but more flowery freshness. I don't want to get too close to individual ingredients, maybe I lack the olfactory competence for this. I find that both fragrances are harmonious in themselves and come across as quite linear. I miss the aha effect, but it doesn't have to mean anything bad, on the contrary. Escentric 02" is for me a fragrance for every occasion and every occasion, although of course it is a bit stronger in the warm season. For me it's also more of a men's fragrance.

The price is on the level of the standard fragrances of Armani, Chanel or Dior, so it is not a bargain, but not completely overpriced. For my part, I think that - apart from the whole marketing hype - a lot of things have been done right here. For those who like it more lively and citrical, grab Geza Schöns "Eau Yes". I like the fact that this man remains true to his line and spares me the omnipresent gourmand sweetness

Itchynose 64 days ago
Ambroxan, gin, vetiver, sage combine to create a short lived "new car smell" in a bottle. Synthetic, weird, slightly addictive.+1

by Flanker
by Flanker
by Escentric
Es wurde mal Zeit für meinen Namensgeber :)
by TheScenter