Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules
Molecule 01 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Valentino Donna Rosa Verde

Geza Schön

ISO-E-Super

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.10.2020.

Commercially available qualities of Iso-E-Super consist of at least three substances. Apparently, "Molecule 01" contains only one of these substances, Iso-gamma-Super (source: Scent and Chemistry - The Molecular World of Odors).

Nypon
Over and over again, every day, because without it I can't go on >_
My signature scent for layering, whether in summer with my JM Blackberry Bay and St Barth Vanilla, in autumn / winter then with my Kilian Back To Black or also with Carner Palo Santo.
I layer and all that, more is more :)
Jäcki
The future of beauty - a presumption.
How to achieve the inner peace and comfort that only a high culture can create with its intelligent means.

Here Geza Schön has radically implemented and logically defined an " art of perfume " in his self-image as a chemist and " craftsman " In terms of perfume history, Molecule 01 is the successor of Jicky and No.5.
The paradigm shift took place only in the exchange of aldehydes and Iso - E - Super ?
If he imitates (k)a natural scent like this one and if he sets the technique as a possibility absolutely ?
If intimacy is valued, the personal mercantile: finally eschatologically Ent - fremdet?

Essentially, it is technical, chemical progress that has made it possible to make perfumes more creative and to move away from imitating pure " images of nature ".
The present result is a synthetic ketone scent with low reactivity. Of undoubted quality, IFF.
Vague evocations of wood and green, freshness and musky moments, removed fruity.
A pulse with high-frequency feedback coupling. And with far-reaching interference effects.
An olfactory sound source, heat-bearing. Of highest omnipotence, which is universally used - a Great Attractor.

The monocultural olfactory image occupies the skin with a contemporary indifference, which allows the carrier material to be identified as an indeterminate part of a functional group without wanting or having to take personal responsibility for it.
Refusal and exclusion that coexistence under control.
Often in the regressive mode of attachment anxiety, the insecure self is offered a coping strategy as an option, which molecularly isolates the ambiguity of feeling, of the world itself, ultimately the interpersonal. A protective suit
A rejection; instead of individuality/ individuation now self-confident mass conformity. Instead of plurality profane unambiguity.
The recourse to the simplest common denominator is understandable as a protest against monopolies. As a basic attitude cynical and of ubiquitous disposition.
The pheromone as a concession of reproductively persistent needs, integrated in a sales-promoting way. A construct, of course!
The myth of skin chemistry remains multi-resistant virulent.
The medio-recourse to one-dimensional 'ambiguities' as a stylistic device, to anachronistic and Eurocentric 'imagos', sets the vanishing points for the preferred epistemological instruments and then results in the personalized meaning of the work: episteme of vanity
A conformist commitment to one's own present as an unconditional belief in the future. The delusion of eternal youth as an ephemeral fragrance - trend in a polycyclic concept evidently enriched in the sequence of perception deficits and confirmations as a rejuvenation cure with gerontophobic aspects. Denying one's own history at an exorbitant price of participation.
Class situation, lifestyle, cultural practice and gender largely determine " the difference ".
The substituted aroma becomes unquestionable as a fragrance in the hermeneutics of its production process: What disappointment - deception ?

As a solution of specific weight, exploited in a ' Corporate Identity ' of corporate objectives and their corresponding marketing strategies,
the subject objectifies itself in the use of an odour as the machine of tomorrow and becomes a pharmacological sediment; at the mercy of the inescapable presence of artificial scents and aromas; soft-rinsed.
The dictatorship of cleanliness gives birth to hopeless, self-satisfied dreams - hardly washable, let alone metabolizable. Enrichment beyond time.
Handle synthetic wood derivatives and generate added value in steam space analysis; an efficient service.
As a diuretic for the reduction of odour nuisance, however, no first-line recommendation; contra-induced!

Automated aesthetics. The longing of the doll body. Autonomous monads.
An above average - power sensitive being, this molecule.
E.T.A.Hoffmann laughs
According to its primary structure, Molecule 01 would be best classified as "Minimal Art" and the art of concept and action; however, in its deficit-tautological, purely mercantile expressiveness, it does not refer to its performative qualities and semiotic coherence; moreover, far from developing a fragrant sensitivity on the skin, the ketone does not possess any poetic density!
The fragrance, the perfume as an autonomous work of art does not exist, it fails per se because of the "aura" of its communicability; a priori through and through the carrier of meaning - in reproduction.

Here is not used to jump into the void, but only the hard impact on the plywood plate fades away.
Since, according to my information, Geza Schön was decidedly not interested in art, it is obsolete anyway.
After all, in his sincerity, his attractiveness remains in nothing below him.
Nevertheless, a "loss of the middle" is not to be feared, since the molecules are already everywhere, more or less parodistically present, integrated and permanently generate themselves performatively as simulacra.
- Eureka : It is so. -
That it serves a purpose for others is open to everyone! Significant arbitrariness If you have to keep up, you keep running back and forth excited.

Unfortunately, I do not find here any strict beauty that is irrevocably locked up in her sense, and I do not consider this to be desirable either.
I know I know nothing I guess I'm smarter about that than one or the other. And about nothing more than sharing a searching self with a questioning body Do I learn to forget immediately that I can apply my knowledge? - astonishment is an old philosophical virtue and many a good piece of advice comes from the barrel
Are the thoughts only in the things ?
"...the brains, as always, smooth beds... "...the brain..
Ignorance is sometimes a gift that only the knowing can appreciate.
To please the crowd is to displease the wise.

The truth is reasonable to man.
Malice and poverty do not.
Kadse
Like freshly washed with a cheap soap
I bought the fragrance blindly because it was described by some as ''smells like opening a new book''. I love books, especially the woody and fresh scent when you open a new book for the first time. Generally, when I think of books, the first thing that comes to mind is intellect. A perfume for bookworms. That's how I imagined the fragrance and was really looking forward to it.
When I finally received it and sprayed it on my arm, I thought ''hmm you can wear... nothing wild and surely a good scent for the office''.

30 minutes later I regretted the spray and I felt really sick. Somehow I have an unpleasant association with the smell. It reminds me of cheap soap. The soap that smells funny and dries your skin out completely. The 0815 soap in public toilets, which is totally unpleasant The smell was so pungent and I smelled it all over the apartment. The silage and durability are really very good. Well, I don't like it at all. I just get headaches and nausea and unpleasant thoughts. :-( And I must say, I can smell the scent everywhere. Unfortunately also in my office.
Weihrauch
The "I don't care - smell"...
...uninteresting title? I don't care...

...I don't care that the bottle doesn't have a cap...
...I don't care that it's Wednesday...
...I don't care that it's autumn...
...I don't care how the scent runs...
...I don't care who smells it...
...I don't care who can't smell the scent...
...I don't care that the scent is synthetic.. ...I don't care that it contains only one scent molecule...
...I don't care what the drydown is...
...I don't care how expensive the scent EIA is...
...I don't care if I go to a birthday party...
...I don't care that I'm at a funeral...
...I don't care that you criticize the smell...
...I don't care who loves the smell...

...I don't care if you don't find the commentary helpful...

...I don't care... if M01 was the last fragrance on earth...

Solicule 01
In the past, there have been many soliflors - scents based on a single flower, but when Geza Schoen made a scent out of 'une seule molécule' it must have seemed like a crazy gimmick.

The novelty may have worn off these days, but this solicule is still an interesting perfume. It smells of Iso E Super, which has a light powdery-woody and ambery note. But 'note' doesn't do it justice, it smells more like an olfactory complex than a single note.

Iso E was nothing new when Molecule 01 came out. It was already being heavily used in perfumes like Trésor and Fahrenheit, and even though the style of 01 is very modern, it comes directly from the monumental structure of these past works. Iso E had become a bulking material, dosed to 20 or 30%, but Schoen used it in a different way, he overdosed it to the max - 100%.

The way he arrived at this innovation comes from a time honoured tradition. The perfumer sees the potential of some molecule the chemists have invented, and then finds a new way to use it. It's the same insight that lead Paul Parquet to add synthetic coumarin to his Fougère Royale - the first Modern perfume. But where Parquet added a synthetic note to his natural oils, Schoen removed everything but his one synthetic and created the Minimalist perfume.

If the supply of (new) synthetic molecules were to disappear there would be no more landmarks like 01; and what's more, it would be the end of modern perfumery as we know it. So let's hear it for the scientists, as well as the visionaries.
5.5
Hello Headaches
After the many extremely enthusiastic opinions here, I had to buy a bottling of this fragrance. I am also a fan of woody scents and thought that this fragrance would appeal to me.

Full of anticipation, I sprayed 2-3 sprays and lo and behold....nothing! Absolutely nothing. After about 5 minutes something got into my nose, but no wood. The smell reminds me of the carpet department of various furniture discounters. Pure chemistry that goes straight to my head. The reaction to the synthetic smell: headache. But since it was quite light, I decided to wear it a little bit before taking a shower. After 1-1.5 hours the woody smell stands out. It pushes clearly into the foreground, in the background remains the synthetic. The headache was still quite mild, so I decided to wear the scent until the end of the day. All day long you only smell the woody, synthetic note...that's it.

I'll probably give the bottling away, too bad!
Oh, boy, oh, boy!
First comment. And somehow I did not expect to write this one about Molecule 01. During my original research on the fragrance, I was not really sure what to expect from this "fragrance" in the end because of the sometimes very different opinions.

Today I have to say, that thing is a beast - especially on hot days.

And even after all this demystification, the fragrance with its fresh, synthetic, woody character still has something strange and mysterious about it.
In spite of everything, I can fully understand the voices on the Internet of people who do not perceive it and give it a bad rating. And love at first breath was Molecule 01 with me then actually not. Until my nose has sensitized itself to the scent of Molecule 01, several weeks have passed. Partly I did not notice it even shortly after applying it. Conversely, on those days I suddenly received out of nowhere compliments on the great "perfume", which somehow shines more than you might think. And every time I was asked the same question "What exactly are you smelling?" and even today I still receive completely different opinions and first impressions. The only denominator is usually the woody base note, which I also perceive most strongly.

In general, my evaluation regarding the Sillage should be taken with caution. I felt that there is a rather inconspicuous border between "Goes down" and "Shines enormously" in Molecule 01 - If someone found the right amount of sprays here, please write in the comments - I would be interested. I have 4-5 sprays from the original bottle.

The durability is really very strong on my skin and easily holds a 10-11 hour workday. On objects, as can be read here often, it lasts forever. Blankets, couch cushions, seat belts in cars, ... - after several weeks of use in regular intervals you can find it everywhere - which is actually quite pleasant for me because of its inconspicuous character.

All in all, a great fragrance with great external effect and full recommendation. I have never noticed negative scent developments, which you read/hear about in the internet from time to time. It is unbelievably versatile, which is why it is currently in the first row of my morning thoughts when I think about it.
Irresistible!
The idea is simple: you isolate a pheromone (I'm not a chemist) et voilà....and you are so attractive and irresistible that everyone wants to mate you. In the worst case, you will be surrounded by a hungry mob, as Jean-Baptiste Grenouille did (well, he was a murderer). Therefore, this scent should be used with caution, after all, one does not want to be picked up by the "wrong" people. The fact that this very fresh, woody-leathery, natural scent is not perceived by everyone in the same way is simply because it has to compete with too many other scents: Perfumes, soaps, body lotion, hairspray, face cream, aftershave, mouthwash, toothpaste, deodorant...unfortunately he has hardly any chance against this concentrated power of scent.

Some time ago a man with long, greasy hair, tattooed from head to toe, sat down next to me in the bus. In expectation of the typical scent cloud (cold ashtray, marijuana, drug cocktail, neglect) I held my breath...made a timid puff...
(I must perhaps remark that I have been working with addicts for years and many of them smell like that, although not all of them).

But, that man smelled just wonderful! Not perfume, not soap, but like a pine forest in the mountains I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, I had to get out of the car at some point, he made room for me because I was sitting at the window. He gave me such a ravishing smile that I got quite dizzy.....I hated to leave the bus. Fortunately for me, because I would have married this guy immediately, given him all my belongings and made a fool of myself :D

While testing and wearing the above mentioned scent I had this scenery in mind again. I am 99% convinced that this man was wearing Molecule 01!

I believe that this fragrance holds opportunities for people who are perceived by the general public as unattractive, or not perceived at all. If the man in the bus smelled bad, I would never have looked at him and then I would have missed his beautiful smile :)

Of course, all perfumes/perfumas are attractive and do not require a fragrance ;)

Still, throw your scents overboard, there can only be one!

. . . okay, okay was just a suggestion. .
Maximus88
I want that coward smell!
Once upon a time, a long, long time ago... a beautiful time... when my elder brother provided me with his disused perfume remnants. While I had to give my existence time limits with fragrances by Bruno Banani (absolutely no devaluation), my brother enjoyed perfumes by Diptique and other niche products whose names I had never heard before, let alone pronounced
Once one of these fragrances found its way into my hands, it was like a revelation... And so it was with diptyque philosykos (Don't worry, I'll get to Molecule ????). The smell put me in a trance, it made people who were two meters away from me feel from morning to night to respond to this extraordinary scent. It was a great feeling!

As with any good fragrance, the bottle emptied far too quickly. Then, having arrived at a different age and ready to dig deeper into my pocket for a good scent, I remembered those great days. Unfortunately, the name slipped my mind over time, how can you remember a name that you can't pronounce? So off to his trusted perfumery, mine. After a long back and forth with the extremely friendly and patient lady on site we made it! I finally got the name... My darling!!!
But, as if it was fate, it was out of stock.

Despite a damaged mine on my part, the saleswoman told me about a new, extraordinary perfume, which is unique in its ingredients and composition. Disappointed as I was, I decided to cheer myself up by buying this perfume. "I'm sure she just wants to sell, but whatever you have, you have." So, at that time I put over 100 euros on the counter and tried it out directly.

After a short time the blow hit me, I can't smell anything!!! So instead of the revelation, I had the Zonk... I should have taken door number 3... ( What was that again with the goat problem? ) Smell-wise disappointed, so in the evening on a date, great woman, great bar and... apparently I smelled EXCELLENT!? My counterpart could hardly keep her nose off my throat, it was crazy. This happened even more often, it was like a spell. Strangely enough I smelled this scent on myself more and more with time, and it smelled incredible. Has now clearly developed into my signature scent. On no other fragrance I am more often addressed than on this one, although it is quite well known by now.

In retrospect, the saying is probably true: afterwards, you always know more. And so it was for me with Molecule 1. I would never want to miss the fragrance again and can only recommend it to everyone.

Video to follow.
You're the placebo!
Hey, you!
Yeah, I mean you!
Do you smell something?

Come on, for real?
Yeah, okay, there is something. Again and again I get fine cedar-woody, tender green, maybe also slightly bitter scent breeze. But the emphasis is on fine. Fragrance direction fine-fresh. Or woody-fine. All very nonexistent. Like hair freshly washed and dried with Timotei. Smells, and somehow it doesn't. Somehow also pleasant
But perfume? You can tell yourself many things. As a lover, one must often tell oneself many things.
Anyone who bought a Fidget Spinner or a beer bottle resealable lid in a knight's helmet design made of pewter knows what I'm talking about. "I have no idea how I ever got along without one." You have to justify your investments and beliefs.

But this one?

For that touch of nothing you really did squeeze the cash for a designer flacon?

And now you tell me that everyone perceives him differently, that he wanders around like a quantum chameleon and wants to be found, that he only opens up to the conoisseur and waits to be discovered? You just have to smell it and concentrate
Excuse me, but if I have to make an effort to perceive him, and then, IF I smell something, I should feel happy as if I had seen the yeti, then the perfume is doing something wrong. Or the marketing is doing something right
All right, it'll hold. But with zero sillage. I can hardly smell anything, but I smell it all day long. Especially on clothes
In the perfume lexicon under "very close" is a picture of Molecule 01.

At least he has a bottle. If it were empty, it would be a great gag
Now, before I get hot spoons from the emperors among us perfumers, perhaps a few conciliatory words. As I wrote above: Molecule 01 is not unpleasant. On the contrary: this minimalist woodiness, if it were more intense, would definitely have its charm as a fresh, neutral alternative to soap, lemon and aquatic rubbish. But if you want to smell actively after that, you'll have to look for alternatives.

CnFCnF 17 days ago
A perfect perfume for people who do not want or cant use it. Ideal for doctors, dentists.. It has a slight woody smell and is very intimate
IondeIonde 20 days ago
It really enhances other scents you have, I smelled my (normally weak) CK One deodorant for hours even though I applied M01 in other areas.
Dan81Dan81 154 days ago
Can't smell after 1 week. But extraordinary reaction/compliments from young women reacting to sillage as if I'm a rock star. Gym+layer use
KingPinKingPin 20 months ago
An enigma. Varies between nothing, petrol and cedar several times during the day. Really like it haha!
RocendrollRocendroll 24 months ago
4.5
[Raczej nie] Nie wiem o co chodzi bo nie pamiętam zapachu gdy używałem, ale zapach po otwarciu pustej fiolki pachnie a raczej śmierdzi.
YosYos 2 years ago
I was excited to try it, but it's nowhere near as good as I expected. Just smells like a set of wooden draws and extremely weak projection.
CymCym 3 years ago
Dusty wood and plastic - like an old desktop computer that has been sitting in a closet for several years gathering dust.
FarouhaFarouha 5 years ago
Terrible scent. Totally masculine and very low projection and longevity. Waste of money.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Whether olfactory suprematism or avant-garde art of perfume: smells like a thuja for me!

Vielen lieben Dank für eure genialen Kommis  & eure Aufmerksamkeit zu den verflixten Molekülen :)
by EveMist
by Lizzy89
by Lizzy89
by Babylon
by Babylon
Achtung! Infektiöser Duft! (für fresh / schräg)
by Timmama
by Mann
by Schaumdon
by Schaumdon

Popular Escentric Molecules

Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 05 by Escentric Molecules