Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules

Molecule 01 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

ISO-E-Super

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.10.2019

Commercially available qualities of Iso-E-Super consist of at least three substances. Apparently, "Molecule 01" contains only one of these substances, Iso-gamma-Super (source: Scent and Chemistry - The Molecular World of Odors).

7.0 7.0 10.0 8.5/10

Surprises, surprises
Finally found it ! A fragrance that I can wear anytime and anywhere. Indoors/outdoors, dates, workdays, nights out, before sleep and sooo on.
I like it very much. Woody, fresh, a bit sweet and very unique for me. It’s like it gets better and better with each wearing. I love that it can be blended with almost any other cologne. So far, I have blended it only with aventus. Criminal combo bro ! A richer, fuller, warmer and more complex version of aventus. Of course longevity also was better.
Longevity itself ? Monster.. 14+ hours for me on the skin with subtle projection all the way from the beginning to the end. That’s why I like to wear it anytime and anywhere because it will not bother anyone. Already got some compliments. More to come, that’s for sure. A fragrance that I just love.. Love what it is, love the smell and all of its stages.
Overall score : 8/10
4.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Timaru
"More Aura Than Fragrance" or "How Noses Don't Need People to Perceive Perfume."
A lot has already been said about the smell and how it smells.

My associations would be most likely to be warm (paradoxically, cool fits too), smooth, wooden metal. Powdery I don't take it was.
I find it fascinating how clearly the difficulty we have in describing completely artificial "new" fragrances comes across in the commissions. My intuition goes first of all over colours and temperature, see above if necessary still materials. But I digress...

I would like to share 2-3 other thoughts:

For me, the fascinating thing about Iso E Super is the way it is perceived. I myself walk at the limit of the ability to smell. I hardly smell it pure (and freshly applied), but I recognize that it is there. Like an aura that influences the overall appearance, without being able to say how.

As a component of perfumes, it is distinctive and usually quite easily identifiable. You can only guess what it does to these perfumes, how it influences and changes them, if you have tried to incorporate it into your compositions yourself. A fascination par excellence. But the development of the fragrance and the symbiosis it enters into with the inherent odour of the wearer is truly wondrous. I can smell pure Molecule 1 after 2 hours better than directly spraying on and then always fundamentally different from wearer to wearer. The fact that the perception then probably also differs from nose to nose makes the mystery become perfect.

But the most interesting for me is the following phenomenon:
If I get into the mist of Molecule 1, I always need 1-2 seconds to identify the sensation as smell, so directly the smell resonates somewhere in my brain. I can then assign it, analyze it etc, but the first impulse is always surprise and amazement.
So I imagine that non-scent-enthusiasts must perceive perfume. A sensory impression that flies under the radar, is perceived, causes a reaction (joy, disgust, surprise, etc.) and can only then be assigned.

Fascinating.
In the history of perfume craftsmanship win milestone, which can hardly be overestimated, like Ambroxan (and in my eyes e.g. also Dihydromyrcenol)!

Interesting experience.
First of all, I don't want to write a review here and this comment is only my wharning (as always with ratings based on tastes :)
Immediately after spraying on, I found Molecule 01 rather discreet and not particularly interesting, slightly woody, a bit smoky and slightly powdery. Somehow these impressions have not really ignited with me and just the powdery has kept my enthusiasm within limits.
However, I find the concept of the fragrance exciting to use Iso-Gamma-Super as the only fragrance, quasi the distillate of the distillate, for curious people like me this had to be tested!

But now to the reason for my very low rating. When I was a child, I had to get a can of gasoline from the shed for my grandfather, and I liked the smell of gasoline (at least from a distance) very much. So in my childlike recklessness I opened the cap of the canister and took a full nose... Big mistake as it turned out, because from close up it smells really different (not to say crappy) and the worst thing was, it has caused a really unpleasant feeling in the nose and throat, that I have not forgotten until today, a kind of numbness behind the throat that really hurt - if a numbness can hurt at least :D
After about two hours of Molecule 01 on the skin, which had already warmed up a bit and allowed the scent to become more intense, it came to me like a slap in the face. Exactly this absolutely unpleasant feeling and the memory of this moment was triggered and suddenly I was really sick of the scent. So don't misunderstand, Molecule 01 doesn't smell like gasoline for me and this - I call it - aching numbness is not as intense as it used to be, but every time I smell it this picture unfortunately comes up to me... Fragrances have real power!

But now to something positive, the shelf life is quite good, even after 6-8 hours I could still perceive the scent well, if I approached my wrist carefully. The molecule was still quite present on the shirt sleeve even the next day (which is why the shirt then migrated to the washing machine). So qualitatively this fragrance is in any case of high quality... even if you probably can't do much wrong mixing a single fragrance with alcohol :D
In any case, I am happy to have tested the fragrance and can recommend it to anyone who would like to get a picture of Molecule 01. Because if a scent has the ability to be perceived really blatantly differently, then this one!
7.0 9.0 7.0 9.5/10

128 BPM
Saturday, 13 April 2019, 2:17 a.m.

Part 1: Fascination

"Feel anything yet?"
"It's coming slow, yeah"

Again and again the bass presses in my belly. This week I wrote the last exam of my studies and I thought it would be a good idea to celebrate. In Berlin. Technoclub.
So I dance there with my girlfriend, freshly in love, shortly after I discovered my passion for perfumes.

"I think it's happening"

We were a little over an hour at the club when I got caught. An unknown cloud hits my face and my nose. Wow. Wow. I've never smelled anything like it. Kind of woody, interesting, incredibly attractive. Where does it come from? As if in a trance, I go in circles and try to find more of them. But I can't find anything. Completely gone. Ah stop, there it is again! This distinctive fragrance, which is really unique.
A woman about 20 years older with a hat walks past me. This is also unique here. I'll follow her to the bar. I want to talk to her.

"Wow! What perfume is that?"

She shakes her head.

"Your perfume, can you please tell me what it is?"

She turns around and leaves. Fuck! Did I do something wrong?

Two hours fly by, my question is still unanswered. My girlfriend taps me, she needs a break from dancing. We'll go to the edge of the dance floor and sit down. And there it is again. Whoa!
The stranger with the hat is sitting right next to me talking to someone. In German. I touch her, she turns to me.

"Sorry, I asked you earlier, I'd like to know what perfume you're wearing, it's incredible!"

And then she finally had to smile a bit.

"Try to read it."

Huh? Reading? I smell her neck, but I just don't know that.

"What is it?"
"I was recently recommended in a perfumery Molecule 01."

What? That's Molecule 01? I had read a lot about this fragrance, but I had never smelled it before. The enthusiasm was great.

"You did? I've wanted to test this for so long! It looks wonderful on you." (It really suited her wonderfully)

Then she pulled something out of her purse. Tada, a bottle of Molecule 01. she gave it to me to test and I sprayed a bit on my wrist.
(I was so fascinated that I took a picture of it, so I know it was exactly at 05:04 am)
I had a little chat with the lady and we said goodbye. That was her, my first encounter with this fragrance. I was immediately a fan of it.

Part 2: Does this have to be?

But the story goes even further. I had the scent on my arm now, and I wanted to know. I had read that this scent has different effects on people. My girlfriend, for example, just didn't smell anything at that spot. What a shame! But I wanted to test it more.

So I walked through this club, completely exhausted, asking strangers again and again if they would smell something (except for my girlfriend everybody smelled something). Most of the time the reactions were very good.
But then there was this one woman. I also asked her if she would smell anything here and pointed to my wrist.

"Yeah, smells like perfume."
"Yes! But some people simply can't perceive anything!"
"A perfume that smells like nothing? Yeah, sure, I can screw myself, thanks."

I was totally disappointed and thought to myself, stupid cow.
But it wasn't until the next morning that I noticed what I was actually doing. I walked through a techno club and wanted to make it clear to people that there is a perfume that sometimes smells like nothing. Yeah, I'm sure they'll buy it from me in that condition!
I was a little ashamed, but I had to laugh about my behaviour. For me that's the fascination behind it!

Three days later, I bought Molecule 01.
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

MrWanderflo
Sometimes without magic, sometimes quite magical.
I was allowed to experience the phenomenon myself several times, I applied the scent, always with an additional splash on my wrist, so that I could get it closer to my nose to decipher its character better.
Let's start with his magic side. Sometimes the fragrance is very perceptible from the start: summery, sporty, fresh, lemony, slightly woody. Especially with bottled oxidized perfume I have this perception. Even after a sharing filling action, this side of the fragrance has filled my premises for a long time.
It is well perceptible and quite pleasant, but quite unspectacular for my sensation. I was a little astonished by this but still so defined perceptible character, because the special feature of the perfume is the reaction and unfolding on the skin of the wearer.
And this is apparently given under special conditions and perhaps also with some luck, where we now come to the magical side of the fragrance.
On some days the scent is barely perceptible for me and at different times fantastic smells come into my nose like woody tart and super round, deeply sweet, but not the sweetness of a vanilla or simply a fresh clean masculinity. A very interpretable description but these are the impressions how I perceive them.
The most magical thing is that if I don't see it I never associate it with the molecule, I first look around the area and sniff around until my nose then leads me to my arm and I think WOW the scent can do a lot more.
The appearance of this phenomenon is quite arbitrary and comes at different times of the day so no normal fragrance pyramid can be assigned, but a little I have the suspicion that the sunlight and heat have an influence on it, possibly also a change of the skin chemistry
Finally a partly very simple and then sometimes a quite magically fascinating scent.
The sprayer on my wrist is still there to get him when he shows his magic side deeper to the bottom.
6.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

The Molecule01 Code
Hello, dear Parfumos.

I know you probably can't hear all the comments and statements about Molecule01 anymore, or you read them out of interest just because this scent is so contradictory and mysterious.

In the following I will speak of Molecule01 as a fragrance and not as a perfume. Here, too, opinions differ. Not that he didn't deserve the name perfume. It's good enough, it can keep up with perfumes in terms of longevity. But for me personally it is difficult to describe a single fragrance as perfume. But even with the word scent I find it difficult. For me it is mainly a fragrance booster
with its own fragrance restaurant.

It's not quite new anymore, and to be honest I only discovered it some time ago, but then I intensively occupied myself with it and finally decided to write down my impressions and insights here.

First of all, the fragrance. As has already been stated, this fragrance also has a woody, fresh and synthetic aura for me. I wouldn't say that this fragrance changes over time, it smells the same from beginning to end. Only the intensity decreases with time, it becomes more subtle, less frequently and clearly perceived by the wearer and his environment and works more from the background, but still lasts on the skin for many hours. Whereby some humans cannot perceive this smell at all.

Now again a very important, worth mentioning insight for me, which I would like to share.

Applied to the skin, it enhances the natural odour of the skin and any substances applied to the skin, i.e. shower gel, creams, perfumes, etc. That's why it's so often used for layering or mixed with perfumes to increase their durability and sillage.

If, for example, the wearer has not taken a fresh shower before applying Molecule01, or has a subjectively less pleasant smell on the skin area due to environmental factors, everyday life or work and other contact, it is actually an olfactory suicide to apply or have applied Molecule01 on or near this area. Because in this respect, the fragrance is not a perfume. It does not really change one's own scent, but only strengthens it. The own, subliminal fragrance cannot clear this up. Here I would say goes the effect of amplification on the own note of the fragrance.

That's how it looks with clothes. For example, if I wear sweaty clothes, and they rarely smell pleasant, Molecule01 will make the whole thing worse on the clothes. With perfumes one can perhaps conceal bad smells, the nobles did that in the Middle Ages already.
But with Molecule01 you should definitely not try.
The same applies to other smells. If my clothes have contact with less pleasant smells, and absorb this smell, it is not advisable to use Molecule01 here Because the strengthening aura that Molecule01 has, the Sillage, reinforces every scent in its immediate environment.
I have to repeat myself here because I am sure that at least some bad user ratings are due to these factors. Either the skin chemistry is not right, with freshly washed or not washed skin with the smell, or it the factors mentioned by me, which lead to the fact that the smell is not felt as pleasant. The same applies of course also to clothes.

Conclusion and own recommendation, if you use Molecule01, do so on freshly washed skin and clothes to avoid a strengthening of subjectively unpleasant smelling places In my opinion, it is also not recommended for professions and activities where there is a lot of perspiration.
It also doesn't make sense if you wear this fragrance in environments that are odorlessly unpleasant.

I don't want to specify this further in order not to offend anyone, you can probably imagine yourself well in which areas you are exposed to bad smells professionally or privately.

To my own impressions about Molecule01.
As I am in direct contact with people professionally, Molecule01 has become very interesting for me for the first time, because it is so subtle and can hardly be detected and recognized as a scent
I wear it of course only on freshly showered skin, I spray it on my neck and chest where my skin does not come into contact with clothing. Not on my clothes at all.

I don't know if it's the psychological effect the fragrance has on me, or if it really has a magical, hard to explain, pheromone-like effect. My impression is that my colleagues are more close to me and nicer to me when I wear it.

Since I can't present any empirical evidence here, for me I can only say it doesn't matter in the end,
whether it is the scent itself or its legend and the resulting psychological effect.
The fragrance has an effect that is difficult to explain. However, I myself am convinced of this.

And even if you don't believe in its "magical" effect, Molecule01 is the best you can use to layer and enhance scents.

I hope very much that my comment was helpful, I worked very long on my comment and am pleased likewise about comments of you.

Love,

10.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

SoNicht
One man's joy is another man's sorrow!
After I was always looking for an alternative to my beloved Oud Wood, I more or less found it with this scent. On me I perceive it extremely male woody, rather the species a little more moist wood, but in a good way. This fragrance has at least on me a relatively sinister müsteriöse aura. He smells unfamiliar, new, woody, dark, as if he was hiding a secret, but I take that as extremely positive.

This fragrance definitely stands out from the crowd of perfumes! In my opinion, its complexity lies in its absolute simplicity. Of course, a fragrance like this, because it only consists of a single component, is excellent for layering, but I still find it exciting to wear it now and then pure, because only then its whole mysteriousness really comes into its own!

A really courageous, but really successful reinterpretation of what one understands by a perfume!
5.0 2.0 3.0 2.0/10

Nesami
Here the spirits divide - in an extreme way
Hello Parfumos,
this is my first comment and I will not (for the time being) explain how I got here,
what this forum means to me and what experiences I have had with fragrances so far.
So why the first comment ?
here? First because this substance apparently polarizes like no other and secondly
because my personal impression here is very easy to put into words. In contrast to other fragrances, where I admire the creativity, expertise and eloquence of many writers in the existing commentaries, which at the same time intimidates me a little.
After reading the comments available here, my curiosity was aroused and I wanted to know
what Molecule 01 is all about.
On my skin, it's a tiny bit like that. Immediately after spraying I smell almost pure alcohol and not much more. After a few minutes a smell develops on my skin, which I do not find particularly unpleasant, but which must also not be described as a scent, but as a smell. I knew I knew this smell, I pondered something, and then it occurred to me. Since my childhood I have not noticed this smell, for me it is 100% the smell of leucoplast. A medical tape that many of you must know. That's it, then. Nothing changes anymore and the smell, which is weak from the beginning, disappears relatively quickly. Fortunately, there are countless alternatives.
Finally, I would like to say that I find it very fascinating how differently fragrances are perceived and how subjective all this is here. I can't imagine a more blatant example of this, nor can I imagine any other fragrance failing more grandiosely for me.
7.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Alkotonic
The placebo effect or how a molecule fills the room with freshness.
I didn't believe it, but it's true... Some smell it from the door and almost jump on you, others must be pointed out and they smell deeply inhaling something very weak only from 10 cm away.
I myself smell a light woody, almost dull note. That's it? No, it comes back, pulsates, warms the skin and smells stronger to sink again. The shelf life is quite good, the breastfeeding: Do not overdose, because it smells, even if you hardly notice it.
Those who smell it say, "Sorry, but you smell extremely good and fresh today, what's that?" It was fresh, once not citrically stinging, very pleasant and not intrusive at all, but extremely good. Hardly anyone can describe it in terms of fragrance technology.
I only had two splashes on my neck and it works - or not at all.
I walked by extra close to the people or stopped. It was a good feeling, I had the impression that the people (who seem to notice it) were smiling, happier than usual, looking at you and coming suspiciously closer than usual - or was it pure illusion, wishful thinking, or just the placebo effect?
7.0 6.0 8.0 6.5/10

Pure Minimalism
Scentrack:
Kamasi Washington – Street Fighter Mas

At this moment Iso E Super is one of the most popular molecules in modern perfumery. Forums and FB groups are flooded with the mentioning of Iso E Super in various contexts. So, what is Iso E Super after all? According to Scent and Chemistry – The Molecular World of Odors, a beautiful book by Ohloff G, Pickenhagen W and Kraft P (Wiley-VCH, Zurich, 2012), Iso E Super or Isocyclemone E is a transparent woody-amber odor. It was discovered by John B. Hall and James M. Sanders of IFF in 1973. In 1990 was discovered that the main component of the mixture was weak in smell, and the minor component arborone (5%) gives the characteristic woody-ambery sensation. Thus Iso E Super is a mixture, not a single molecule, which minor constituent is responsible for the smell of many modern male compositions nowadays, and several excellent feminine creations like Lancome Tresor by the great Sophia Grojsman or Perles de Lalique (one of my girlfriend’s favorites) by hyper creative Nathalie Lorson.
To my nose Iso E Super is a shady and woodsy cedar-like odor with some pale powdery, musky and sweet nuances. In my opinion the main strengths of Iso E Super are persistent, moderate odor strength and the great characteristic to break the monotony of many woody compositions by giving the magic sparkling touch.
In 2006 Geza Schoen decided to launch an anti-fragrance – Molecule 01. A 100% of Iso E Super, packed in a slick bottle. A minimalistic dedication to urban landscape and modern world. It seems like this release won the hearts of many perfume lovers. I personally admire Geza Schoen to launch such a minimalist creation. I see the beauty, but have no emotions towards this creation. It smells like pure Iso E Super and loses that beautiful transparent and sparkling effect that possesses in combinations with other materials like Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man, Lalique Encre Noire, Lalique Pour Homme Equus or Comme des Garcons Jaisalmer. In my country there is a fabric softener based on Iso E Super which I really like, so I do not want to smell like my shirts. Molecule 01 is an interesting concept which I highly respect, but still wish to wear something more human.
4.0 4.0 8.0 3.5/10

Black or white?
I saw Molecule for the first time at a distance of 50 meters in a hotel. I was hypnotized, I had never smelled anything so good. When I located the lady who was wearing it, I couldn't get out of the swarm. I had to have this special scent as soon as possible. I couldn't have missed this day, I was addicted right away! Unfortunately the procurement in classical perfumeries turned out to be rather difficult to impossible, so that I had to fall back on the online trade. 3 days and nights I had to wait now always the mailbox in the view and then it was there! Excitedly, I ripped open the packaging and could immediately perceive a slight note. On the spot I took three splashes on my naked neck and décolleté, less than 10 seconds later I was horrified to find out that this scent does not trigger me at all as with the lady in the hotel. The opposite was the case, with every movement a biting smell of engine oil rose to my nose.

My conclusion this fragrance unfortunately does not suit everyone...and so I had to say goodbye to the illusion of having found the "dream fragrance".
8.0 8.0 10.0 8.5/10

...unfortunately horny...
What can we say about this?
Either it is the simplest, simplest, simplest wash ever on the market or simply the most ingenious. This is where the spirits quarrel.

But one thing is for sure: Mr. Schön has made so much money with this thing that he feels like he could sit down for the next 100 years and create the best, most unique and most incredible fragrance of all time, so I guess. - or has he already done so?

Even with discount campaigns the scents fall out with him, always the same price, even more expensive, the cheeky badger, they become. The "little ones" for the travel bottles already cost over 80€, if I remember correctly and in it are 30ml?

The fragrance seems to have a similar effect as in the film "THE PARFUM". People are literally ripping themselves off. They don't know what they smell, they don't know if they smell anything at all, they don't even know if what they smell is a fragrance, they just know that it's beautiful... and that it moves something in them and inspires them, even they are perceived.
I too have granted myself here against always. It seemed too expensive, too much like: " I don't smell anything"

But when a 1,90 m 1% rocker approached me and I thought my weekend had run, I became also victim of this fascination, which constitutes this smell. Carefully and friendly he asked, what is this then please Geiles seih. I asked him what else he meant, because I didn't smell anything anymore and had already forgotten that I wore it. He just said he didn't know.

This scent goes away like sliced bread. You spray it on and your favourite scent still over it. You can combine it with anything you can.

Also the bottle: For me unfortunately cool. simple, simple, clean but high quality.

Thank you Mr. Beautiful
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

AnjaTom
Is it a scent or isn't it?
I would say it is a chemical that develops into a fragrance when combined with the skin.
What I can't understand are statements of "car repair shop smell" or something like that. I don't smell that.

For me he just smells really nice warm/fresh and totally unobtrusive.
I'd say you don't take a permanent scent was sodern rather single "waves".
Present and not permanently annoying/ intrusive.

To create this fragrance surely required courage and was one of Geza Schön's most beautiful creations.
Revolutionary? Yes! This fragrance rightly has its fan community and will always have it, as will its "Hater".

Especially on hot days where you don't really feel like applying something, this "scent" (I just call it a scent now) is especially suitable.

Finally to a very controversial topic: LAYERN!
I do it with some fragrances to improve the volume and shelf life a bit...and what can I say! It's working! (Aventus works great, you perceive the actual scent and sometimes "Molecule-01 waves")

This fragrance is not for sure for everyone, but everyone should test it at least once, because it is something very special in the perfume world!

By the way, you don't have to let the UVP of 120€ wander over the counter for a long time to be able to hold the scent in your hands. The net offers with respectable salesmen the super molecule already for scarcely 60€ per 100ml.

I personally think that's fair, and as you can read clearly: I'm MAG YOU.
A request for possibly following reply comments: Please stay objective!

LG TOM
1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0/10

Absolutely LAYERN!!
With hello 01 "Eau de Waschsalon"!

Yes, read correctly, because Iso-gamma-Super, the only substance that contains this scent, therefore also Molecule 1(!), can only really unfold its power and react when three-legged iso-molecule-compounds, e.g. H01, meet and dock with each other
The reaction behaves the same, or at least similar, as if you put a conventional toilet cleaner, say 00 with chlorine (base) and a citrus cleaner (acid) together. First you think, hey, acid and base cancel each other out, but far from it! Ammonia can be produced and chlorine gases will evaporate, so that it just bangs. And ants explode internally like popcorn when they serve you a baking powder/sugar mixture for dinner, but that's really a completely different subject now.

Anyway, I probably won't need to tell you long and wide: 3 substances smell more than 1.
And with my layering tip, you'd have four substances!!!!! Think about it!!!!

H01.
Now again in the well sorted trade, or order directly with me.
Friendliest,
Your Count Number
7.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Black/blue or white/gold?
Most people will remember the Internet phenomenon of February 2015: A very poorly exposed photo of a dress was posted on Tumblr and the Internet could not agree on the colour combination of this dress. A good 60% were firmly convinced that the dress was white/gold. The other 40% swore it was black/blue. Some even - myself included - saw the dress on the exact same photo with the same brightness and contrast sometimes so and then again so, without having any influence on it. The brain did its own thing.

This phenomenon seems to be repeating itself. In the main role: Molecule 01, more precisely the ISO E Super contained therein. And the debate about colours is the debate about whether this fragrance exists at all, whether it literally "smells" or is less than a hint of nothing. Some commentators here feel betrayed, as if they are spraying bare water onto the skin. They are sure that this is just a placebo, globules, a fantasy, esoteric fuss and imagination. The dress was white/gold and anyone who claimed otherwise was obviously thrown into the air three times as a child, but only caught twice. "The Emperor's New Clothes" can be heard in this context, often with a mischievous "gg" or "lol", with the message: You're all so stupid, running around naked out there and thinking in your vanity, others would see (smell) something that isn't there at all. Only I am so k-l-u-k and see through the game of this cheater Geza Schön immediately. Give me the medal, you wizards!

But why (roughly overturned) half here perceive the scent and the other half not, has been tried below several times to explain (including further links). For my part I had to get myself a bottle of this fragrance (thanks to Kitho!), what I read here seemed much too interesting. Those who can smell the ISO E Super report here in a very differentiated way: For some, it is the most beautiful fragrance they have ever perceived. Some of them don't smell it at all, but they get lots of compliments from their environment - while others don't get them. Many report that this fragrance "comes and goes", is absolutely unpredictable and that this is the beauty of it. Some believe that the scent enhances the smell of their own skin, others say the smell of the environment. Still others smell the scent, but are disappointed.

Now the scent arrived a few days ago and I sprayed it immediately on my wrist, without any expectation. I knew I wouldn't smell anything with a 50% probability (at least after the alcoholic second start reported here). Nevertheless, I wanted to show it to other people to see how they would react to it.

And the result was, I smelled him. Clearly and unambiguously. And that for hours! I cannot speak of a "coming and going" as many here describe it. The scent is there from minute 1 and remains for several hours. Every time I smell my wrist, it's there. However, the durability is not as long with me as with others. After about 6-7 hours it is gone. On my skin average. Also the Sillage is not particularly, whereby many report, one cannot (more) perceive it oneself, for others however it is room-filling. I won't be able to judge that until I have the time.

The scent itself is very pleasant and clearly smells of cedar wood, albeit slightly synthetic. In any case, I cannot share the view that the scent would intensify the scent of one's own skin or perform other "miracles". It smells the same on skin as on handkerchief as on clothes. On the latter, by the way, I noticed him wearing the T-shirt today, although I sprayed it on there two days ago (and haven't worn the T-shirt since). I had even forgotten that he was on there until I had him in my nose when I dressed him. Hence the impulse for this review. While I was still undecided on day 1, whether I like it or not, I like it better from day to day (currently day 3) and have the best prospects for signature scent status. The girlfriend I met on the said (first) day didn't smell anything at all. Not on my skin and not on the T-shirt. The latter simply smelled "like freshly washed", saying that at the place where the scent was not sprayed on (no wonder, the shirt came out of the closet). Her mother in turn, who showed her the scent on a handkerchief in the evening, smelled it. So a pluralistic picture, just like here in the comments.

Well, what remains to be said in conclusion: both camps are right. I absolutely believe those who do not perceive the scent or the ISO E Super. Just as I believe those who say that the scent would "come and go" with them, even though I can't tell the same thing about myself. For my part, I seem to have an absolute "ISO E Super" nose. Since I usually classify my nose as inferior to the other noses here (since I'm not that good at sniffing out individual scents of a complex perfume), I don't think it has anything to do with sensitivity or even practice (I read here or elsewhere that it's just something for "highly trained"/"sensitized" noses). I think it's simply a coincidence, as some people write with their left or right hand or some people don't perceive the smell of asparagus a second time (in a different form) after some time (I don't need details, but should be clear). The photo of the dress, which in reality was black-blue by the way, simply allowed both possibilities due to the miserable exposure and associated processes in the brain, without one could describe one side as "absurd" or "quite obviously incorrect". So I would wish it for myself also from some here: the acceptance that the smell - only because one does not smell it oneself - does not testify under any circumstances to imagination or are simply "new clothes of the emperor". Many of those here, by the way, who cannot perceive it, deliberately do without an evaluation. I think that's absolutely fair. Because it shouldn't be about the general existence of the fragrance itself (which exists), but about the quality/pleasure of it - for which one has to perceive it. For me, this fragrance will find its way into the collection simply because it is such a mystery, such a "gamble", as far as perception by third parties is concerned, and thus quite different in nature from anything I have known before.

PS: Those who can't perceive it, by the way, are comforted by the fact that it is intended for them to perceive/experience other scents (much) better than many an ISO E Super nose - without being presented in the clarity as with ISO E Super. Each nose is unique and sometimes perceives scents quite differently than the person to the left or right of you. I am sure that the "ISO E Super Deficit" will be compensated elsewhere. So pet your nose and continue to enjoy your own subjective world in all its fragrant and stinking facets! :-)
2.0 4.0 3.0 2.0/10

Placebo, Astrology, Gods, Molecule
definitely a scandalous case of deception. A scent? I describe it once as water with the aroma of a garage of the 70s. Hardly perceptible, in no way to describe, since nothing can be heard and completely overrated. What is partially described here is comparable to the belief in non-existent gods, horoscopes, placebo effect, homeopathy and other hocus-pocus. Flat rip-off
10.0/10

Tolgaka41
Replaces everything else for me
So I can imagine just wearing this scent. It is inexplicable to me how one cannot like him (if one perceives him).
I received a bottling from the dear user Kitho. When I sprayed the fragrance the first time on my wrist, I was already from a distance an indescribably horny fragrance cloud entgegen. I regret it for those who do not (cannot) perceive this fragrance. For me it has something woody, fresh and definitely something spicy. Just the hammer!
6.0 6.0 6.0 5.5/10

MasterLi
The Emperor's New Clothes...
Molecule 01 is an interesting one, on so many levels. The fact that this is only one note throughout is quite a slap in the face to modern perfumery, to an extent that this exposes one of the perfumers little secrets and makes it the star of the show.

Iso-E-Super is not a one-dimensional note. It fact it changes ans morphs over time. It has facets of cedarwood, sandalwood and even hints of pepper. I do like it, but I don't find it groundbreaking.

I think this summarises the case of "Emperors New Clothes Syndrome". In the sense that this fragrance is more important in how it makes people feel than how it makes others feel. If you know that the fragrance you are wearing makes you feel good about yourself, you will get compliments. End of story. With this fragrance, I feel that this is part of the appeal.

For me, ultimately I did not receive compliments even after a few days use. I do appreciate it very much, but that's where it ends for me. As a side note, you can buy Iso-E-Super direct and still have your magic ingredient (without the packaging and "concept art"). Not a bad fragrance by any means, but you need to play around with it a little to get results.

ISO E Super..
Recently I bought a 20% solution of Iso E Super, I figured it would be the same as Molecule 01. Today I smelled Molecule 01 for the first time and my solution is much stronger. So strong even, that I can pick it up perfectly throughout the entire day. Molecule 01 however is much, MUCH more subtle. It surfaces and disappears at random, but a few hours after application on just my wrist, my father clearly picked up on it. Apparantly this stuff radiates like crazy, but I could barely smell it.

I thought I had some insight into the mystery of Iso E Super with my 'home' made solution, but Molecule 01 really is a mysterious fragrance. It acts like an enhanced skinscent I suppose, clearly detectable by those around me. If this is the case with a 10% solution of Iso E Super, I wonder how others perceive my 20% solution? Every time I wear it, people ask me what it is, it gets compliments like crazy.

Today I layered Molecule 01 with Escentric 01 and I was quite amazed actually. I like it, but it's a pity they're marketed to be bought as a pair.
7.5 5.0 10.0 10.0/10

When less IS more
I love this stuff.
Granted, it's a great big con considering it only contains Iso-E-Super, which you can get for next to nothing on the net, but if you can get a bottle for cheap (or not, depending on your means), get it.

It smells delicious ... I almost fancy myself when I wear it.

It is one of the nicest and truly unisex fragrances I have smelt. It's musky, slightly peppery, a touch woody, and behaves in a peculiar way, playing hide and seek all day long.

Unfortunately, for some, it only plays hide. Depends on the old skin chemistry I guess. To my nose, it's perfect.

KingPin 8 months ago
An enigma. Varies between nothing, petrol and cedar several times during the day. Really like it haha!+1
Rocendroll 11 months ago
[Raczej nie] Nie wiem o co chodzi bo nie pamiętam zapachu gdy używałem, ale zapach po otwarciu pustej fiolki pachnie a raczej śmierdzi.
4.5
Yos 16 months ago
I was excited to try it, but it's nowhere near as good as I expected. Just smells like a set of wooden draws and extremely weak projection.+2
4.0
3.0
4.0
Cym 2 years ago
Dusty wood and plastic - like an old desktop computer that has been sitting in a closet for several years gathering dust.+2
Farouha 4 years ago
Terrible scent. Totally masculine and very low projection and longevity. Waste of money.+1
Hermesh 4 years ago
Whether olfactory suprematism or avant-garde art of perfume: smells like a thuja for me!
6.0

Vielen lieben Dank für eure genialen Kommis  & eure Aufmerksamkeit zu den verflixten Molekülen :)
by EveMist