Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules
Molecule 01 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Valentino Donna Rosa Verde

Geza Schön

ISO-E-SuperISO-E-Super

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2021.

Commercially available qualities of Iso-E-Super consist of at least three substances. Apparently, "Molecule 01" contains only one of these substances, Iso-gamma-Super (source: Scent and Chemistry - The Molecular World of Odors).

MuskwoodMuskwood 10 years ago

„Iso E Super, truly superb”

Molecule 01 is basically 100% Iso E Super (diluted with alcohol), the chemical/molecule that has been used in many well-known perfumes in the past as a base...
SmellyPeteSmellyPete 5 months ago

„The Emperor's New Clothes”

I don't want to keep sounding like the 'Perfume Grinch' and spoil everyone fun & hype over this fragrance but I just have call this the way I see it. I...
Layernswerter favorite fragrance
Or rather a hint of fragrance, which is therefore in my opinion especially suitable for layering. Each primary fragrance is brought into contact with this soft, woody molecule. Very often the fragrances develop differently on the skin as a result, it's almost as if Molecule 01 gives the base fragrance a unique selling point. For example, while wearing Le Male and allowing myself an additional 2 sprays of Molecule 01, a very attractive symbiosis develops between these two fragrances. I'm not particularly good at describing the extent to which the scents develop through this combination.
Most of the fragrances in my collection harmonize quite well with this one, which is why I can't imagine Molecule 01 without it. I think that you can not go wrong with this one
Fragrance21
A fragrance for every day that stays in the memory
Have bought this fragrance for the first time and was actually skeptical whether a fragrance can really be unisex. But I am now convinced that it has definitely succeeded at least with the fragrance Molecule 01.
You do not have to apply much of the fragrance to - even for an eau de toilette - is quite long surrounded by it, but without being too strong.
He is light, not too sweet like a classic women's perfume but also not too woody, like a typical men's perfume. In no way is the fragrance powdery, as I read from time to time. Powdery is roughly equivalent to the scent of TOSCA (the older among us or those who lived to see their grandmothers surely know TOSCA).
The fragrance definitely fits for every day, both for the office and for a stroll through the city, because it is not heavy and intrusive.
Noneya
The cleanest scent in my collection
This fragrance wraps you in a sweet/woody, clean cloud - pleasant to wear and very versatil. You can not spray over him quasi because he is very unobtrusive and yet permanently always a small touch of him is to be heard. He spreads an aura of cleanliness, I feel.
You can wear the fragrance to almost any occasion, he can combine prima or "spray too much", Molecule 01 is definitely worthy blind-buy if you want to pay the high price
Special and unique
I have this fragrance now for a good 2 weeks as a filling. After I have worn him now often I must say that it will definitely not stay with the filling. I have the great fortune that I seem to be one of the lucky ones who can smell ISO E-Super - unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case with all people. When I first tested the scent on the back of my hand, I smelled exactly what is often described by many - laundry detergent. But not "cheap" smelling, but pleasant, as if you take the laundry just finished from the washing machine. And with this fragrance it also remains, unzwar long - very long.

I applied the scent almost a week ago in the morning when I had a bathrobe on - today I have the robe back on, and you can still smell the scent. The 2-3 days after I had applied the fragrance and the coat hung in the bathroom, I have always noticed the scent as soon as I went to the bathroom. This has never happened to me with any other fragrance.

In everyday life, the fragrance always comes and goes. When I sit in the office and sometimes I have already forgotten that I wear the fragrance, he comes from one moment to the other again in the Dase - very intense. One is always surprised anew by Molecule 01.
Office is also a good keyword - because you could think that he is made for it. By its pleasant, but not penetrating way I just can not imagine that there are people who would be bothered by the fragrance - keyword headache.

I'm curious how the scent then does in the cold seasons, and whether he is not so warm when it is still so strong performed.

All in all, I can only recommend this fragrance. If you are unsure get a sample or bottling - I'm sure you won't regret it. :)
Lollipop445
The scent with the multiple personality disorder
Molecule 01 should be a household name to most, made the wave a few years ago due to its single fragrance Iso E Super.

Is it as super as that? Depends. "You can say that about anything 'depends', of course it depends." On what?
On you, more specifically, on your skin. Much more than with other fragrances, skin type is very crucial to the outcome of the scent here, and that's quite wonderful!

The Molecule I have so far at the people on whom I have smelled it always perceived differently, but all have the slightly woody, warm base in itself. The is really very pleasant and projects also quite neat. The rest is a matter of luck! Really can go wrong, however, nothing, until now I have never noticed the Molecule negative to someone.

Who would like to use it even more sensible, it should times with the fragrances you have at home layer. Just try everything with the Molecule as a base!

In the end, the Molecule does not really know what he wants to be, and that's good:

Everyone who wears it makes it something especially unique, and that is more than commendable!

The Abstract Side Of Perfumery
It took a while for me to truly experience the phenomenon known as Molecule 01. I had my doubts about Escentric Molecules Molecule 01, and whether should I buy it or even do a proper review. You see, what you see here is not your typical perfume per se.

What Molecule 01 is, well, it resides somewhere between abstract art and a perfume concept that went so much beyond perfumers Geza Schoen’s expectations, which turned into a global phenomenon that redefined what niche perfumery actually means from that point onwards.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- Ideal for people sensitive to perfumes as a signature fragrance
- A woody fragrance with an alluring velvety scent profile
- Created by master perfumer Geza Schoen in 2006
- Best used as a daily casual and work fragrance
- Some people are anosmic to Iso E Super molecule which may deteriorate the experience

In the end, can you do better with other fragrances from the same woody fragrance family? Of course, you can. But, I know that rarely any of those will get you as many compliments as this one.

You can also find my full reviews on scentgrail.com
Bugohoss
One of the "chosen ones" who perceive him
Am on this fragrance noticed, as the opinions on this could hardly be more contrary to my own feelings, as some do not seem to perceive him.
In advance should still be mentioned that I have probably one of the worst trained noses regarding perfumes. Nevertheless, the fragrance had my attention with it and I ordered me a on the safe side 10ml sample.
When the sample found its way to me 3 days ago I couldn't wait to test it. How will this molecule fragrance smell? Will I perceive him? After two spraying on my wrist -> Smells like alcohol, bad buy, away with you.
Since I did not want to leave it at that, I gave him a second chance the next day. Initially, again only this alcohol swath but I smelled within the next hour more and more often on my wrist and began to perceive the fragrance in its full bloom. A super awesome scent for me. What I smell out, I would weight as follows: 50% Woody, 30% DECENT sweet, 20% Fresh (not aquatic, rather a "Fresh-Wash-Fresh)
On the skin I perceive him 2-3 hours, and also the sillage is rather weak.
Final conclusion to the fragrance. I like it super well and the initial "getting to know difficulties" have dissolved into thin air thanks to the second chance. The H/S in twice as strong would be a dream and probably remains so.
Fits best in the spring / summer.
Try the out people, with a 10ml sample you do nothing wrong.
Even though no one probably reads the review up to this point, I wish everyone who tries the fragrance that you enjoy it in its full glory. :)
5.5
Perfect for..
I find Molecule 01 is a pleasant fragrance that smells like wood. Which lasts with me around the 5-6 hours on the skin. I find the fragrance is perfect for people with a sensitive nose or who often get a headache from perfume, because you just do not perceive him so extremely and he also smells rather pleasant not intrusive.

Finally, I can say that I find the fragrance good, because you can wear it without being directly so noticeable.

Ohhh sorpresa
Recién llegado el perfume me apresuró a realizar la prueba y ohh que desilusión... Agua ligeramente alcohólica... Me voy a dormir la siesta con la sensación de haber desperdiciado 80 euros. Va pasando la tarde cuando y me viene una ráfaga, acerco mi nariz a la muñeca y ohhh sorpresa, magia!!! un olor limpio y familiar que me evoca a algún perfume más inclinado hacia el lado femenino... Estoy impresionado por como se ha desarrollado, llevo casi ocho horas y esto cada vez huele más. ( Muy a ras de piel... También hay que decirlo) pero mi piel es de rinoceronte. Y no me fija nada... Estoy muy sorprendido. Un fijo en mi colección
Bruce Wayne of fragrance
Short note: The description is initially somewhat oriented to Böhmermann aka POL1Z1STENS0HN "heart and fist and wink wink"

"The five [scent] superstar
Bruce Wayne of the [scent]
Comes kaboom out of nowhere
And then he's gone again
What's his secret? His philosophy?
Why does he do it? Why the f** does he never explain himself?"

Immediately after application I perceive the scent directly and this changes over time - how could it? - not. Then it disappears again relatively quickly and then comes
out of nowhere abruptly with a cloud again, which disappears after a few seconds - where? no idea why? his ways are probably unfathomable.
The fragrance itself is quite unisex, although I think it has a slightly feminine touch on the paper strip and clothing. Incidentally, I think the scent, even if you've never smelled it before, feels quite familiar. Like the scent of washed clothes, but a different detergent was used. Although known and familiar, but perceivable as "different".
With Molecule 01 - a blind buy - my ulterior motive was to improve the performance of DG The One, since M01 - as I have read - works very well for layering with woody scents and cedar is listed with The One.
For testing, my recommendation is to apply to both the paper strip and skin.
On the paper strip and clothing, I get a hard to describe fresh (neither cool nor fruity or tangy/citrusy but fresh in its own way), transparent, synthetic scent with a slight light green note as well as something slightly dry scratchy.
On the skin, however, the fragrance goes in my opinion not, as often indicated, in a woody note - rather, I perceive a strong resemblance to vetiver. Something scratchy something green and yet fresh but somewhat shrubby. Accordingly, a more rooty direction of vetiver. The smell of the vetiver is thereby completely different from Terre d'Hermes - would still be good layering in my opinion, but TdH has no problems in the performance anyway.
Conclusion: just test it / get a bottling. Even if you decide to buy it directly and one but not so much pure like, to layern he is suitable all times.
Incidentally, I find it very cool that the lettering "molecule 01" on the front of the flacon is reflected back in the silver dots on the back and yet correctly (not mirrored!) To read.

Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Can't smell after 1 week. But extraordinary reaction/compliments from young women reacting to sillage as if I'm a rock star. Gym+layer use
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
An enigma. Varies between nothing, petrol and cedar several times during the day. Really like it haha!
RocendrollRocendroll 3 years ago
4.5
[Raczej nie] Nie wiem o co chodzi bo nie pamiętam zapachu gdy używałem, ale zapach po otwarciu pustej fiolki pachnie a raczej śmierdzi.
YosYos 3 years ago
I was excited to try it, but it's nowhere near as good as I expected. Just smells like a set of wooden draws and extremely weak projection.
CymCym 4 years ago
Dusty wood and plastic - like an old desktop computer that has been sitting in a closet for several years gathering dust.
FarouhaFarouha 6 years ago
Terrible scent. Totally masculine and very low projection and longevity. Waste of money.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Whether olfactory suprematism or avant-garde art of perfume: smells like a thuja for me!

Vielen lieben Dank für eure genialen Kommis  & eure Aufmerksamkeit zu den verflixten Molekülen :)
by EveMist
by MightyMike
by Afterpope
With or without you
by Seejungfrau
Achtung! Infektiöser Duft! (für fresh / schräg)
by Timmama
by Denver87
by Schaumdon
by Schaumdon

Popular Escentric Molecules

Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Iris by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 04 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Mandarin by Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Patchouli by Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Limited Edition 2011 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 02 Limited Edition by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 Limited Edition by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 Limited Edition 2016 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Limited Edition 2016 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 Limited Edition 2011 by Escentric Molecules