Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules
Molecule 01 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Valentino Donna Rosa Verde

Geza Schön

ISO-E-Super

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.06.2021.

Commercially available qualities of Iso-E-Super consist of at least three substances. Apparently, "Molecule 01" contains only one of these substances, Iso-gamma-Super (source: Scent and Chemistry - The Molecular World of Odors).

MuskwoodMuskwood 9 years ago

„Iso E Super, truly superb”

Molecule 01 is basically 100% Iso E Super (diluted with alcohol), the chemical/molecule that has been used in many well-known perfumes in the past as a base...
SmellyPeteSmellyPete 2 months ago

„The Emperor's New Clothes”

I don't want to keep sounding like the 'Perfume Grinch' and spoil everyone fun & hype over this fragrance but I just have call this the way I see it. I...
Bugohoss
One of the "chosen ones" who perceive him
Am on this fragrance noticed, as the opinions on this could hardly be more contrary to my own feelings, as some do not seem to perceive him.
In advance should still be mentioned that I have probably one of the worst trained noses regarding perfumes. Nevertheless, the fragrance had my attention with it and I ordered me a on the safe side 10ml sample.
When the sample found its way to me 3 days ago I couldn't wait to test it. How will this molecule fragrance smell? Will I perceive him? After two spraying on my wrist -> Smells like alcohol, bad buy, away with you.
Since I did not want to leave it at that, I gave him a second chance the next day. Initially, again only this alcohol swath but I smelled within the next hour more and more often on my wrist and began to perceive the fragrance in its full bloom. A super awesome scent for me. What I smell out, I would weight as follows: 50% Woody, 30% DECENT sweet, 20% Fresh (not aquatic, rather a "Fresh-Wash-Fresh)
On the skin I perceive him 2-3 hours, and also the sillage is rather weak.
Final conclusion to the fragrance. I like it super well and the initial "getting to know difficulties" have dissolved into thin air thanks to the second chance. The H/S in twice as strong would be a dream and probably remains so.
Fits best in the spring / summer.
Try the out people, with a 10ml sample you do nothing wrong.
Even though no one probably reads the review up to this point, I wish everyone who tries the fragrance that you enjoy it in its full glory. :)
5.5
Perfect for..
I find Molecule 01 is a pleasant fragrance that smells like wood. Which lasts with me around the 5-6 hours on the skin. I find the fragrance is perfect for people with a sensitive nose or who often get a headache from perfume, because you just do not perceive him so extremely and he also smells rather pleasant not intrusive.

Finally, I can say that I find the fragrance good, because you can wear it without being directly so noticeable.

Ohhh sorpresa
Recién llegado el perfume me apresuró a realizar la prueba y ohh que desilusión... Agua ligeramente alcohólica... Me voy a dormir la siesta con la sensación de haber desperdiciado 80 euros. Va pasando la tarde cuando y me viene una ráfaga, acerco mi nariz a la muñeca y ohhh sorpresa, magia!!! un olor limpio y familiar que me evoca a algún perfume más inclinado hacia el lado femenino... Estoy impresionado por como se ha desarrollado, llevo casi ocho horas y esto cada vez huele más. ( Muy a ras de piel... También hay que decirlo) pero mi piel es de rinoceronte. Y no me fija nada... Estoy muy sorprendido. Un fijo en mi colección
Bruce Wayne of fragrance
Short note: The description is initially somewhat oriented to Böhmermann aka POL1Z1STENS0HN "heart and fist and wink wink"

"The five [scent] superstar
Bruce Wayne of the [scent]
Comes kaboom out of nowhere
And then he's gone again
What's his secret? His philosophy?
Why does he do it? Why the f** does he never explain himself?"

Immediately after application I perceive the scent directly and this changes over time - how could it? - not. Then it disappears again relatively quickly and then comes
out of nowhere abruptly with a cloud again, which disappears after a few seconds - where? no idea why? his ways are probably unfathomable.
The fragrance itself is quite unisex, although I think it has a slightly feminine touch on the paper strip and clothing. Incidentally, I think the scent, even if you've never smelled it before, feels quite familiar. Like the scent of washed clothes, but a different detergent was used. Although known and familiar, but perceivable as "different".
With Molecule 01 - a blind buy - my ulterior motive was to improve the performance of DG The One, since M01 - as I have read - works very well for layering with woody scents and cedar is listed with The One.
For testing, my recommendation is to apply to both the paper strip and skin.
On the paper strip and clothing, I get a hard to describe fresh (neither cool nor fruity or tangy/citrusy but fresh in its own way), transparent, synthetic scent with a slight light green note as well as something slightly dry scratchy.
On the skin, however, the fragrance goes in my opinion not, as often indicated, in a woody note - rather, I perceive a strong resemblance to vetiver. Something scratchy something green and yet fresh but somewhat shrubby. Accordingly, a more rooty direction of vetiver. The smell of the vetiver is thereby completely different from Terre d'Hermes - would still be good layering in my opinion, but TdH has no problems in the performance anyway.
Conclusion: just test it / get a bottling. Even if you decide to buy it directly and one but not so much pure like, to layern he is suitable all times.
Incidentally, I find it very cool that the lettering "molecule 01" on the front of the flacon is reflected back in the silver dots on the back and yet correctly (not mirrored!) To read.

Happily awarded to Molecule 1 for three years
Anyone who likes to listen to music will know the feeling that comes when a new album hits their ears. For me it feels - and that unfortunately does not happen often - like an unexpected gift and I listen with pleasure through the different songs.
Exactly the feeling of happiness sets in with me when I - mostly by chance - stumble upon a very special fragrance that captivates me. In my youth it was "Madame" by Jean Paul Gaultier, in my early 20s "Armani Code Femme". Since then, I've encountered many pleasant scents in all price ranges. But it was never again that I wanted to soak my world in it....
... until one spring day when I was walking in the Rheinaue in Bonn. A young attractive woman walked past me and even from a distance I admired her for her style. She was dressed for the office, but did not appear staid but fresh and modern. As she approached immediately, I caught her scent and initially classified it as "quite delicious". However, with every step I took away from her and her discreet "scent trail" evaporated more and more through the wind, I had the desire to smell more of it. Not wanting to miss the opportunity, I turned and walked behind her and asked her about her perfume. "Molecule 1" was her response and I hadn't heard or read anything about it until this point. I quickly typed a note with the name into my phone and started researching it at home. What I got to read made me curious. Supposedly not everyone can smell the scent or perceive it differently. That made me like it even more - I like polarizing people, so why not try a polarizing scent?

So I had to see for myself. Smelling it worked out as I knew how the scent would work on my skin, but was open until then. A few days later I looked in the perfumery of my confidence and - what luck - I could test the fragrance on the spot and did not hesitate to mist my wrists with it. Overlaid with the smell of the surroundings, I was initially disappointed - the scent was not at all like the fresh, green smell I had noticed on the young woman. Disappointed, I left the store.
I strolled through the shopping street and suddenly he rose to me in the fresh air then still in the nose. There it was, the scent I had missed since our first encounter! And he smelled exactly as expected.
Surely I will eventually go in search of a new "the one fragrance" again, but for three years now I've been happily forgiven for "Molecule 1" and enjoy every expression that it takes on my skin over the day.
If asked what the scent smells like to me, I would answer in layman's terms with "meadow, spring, water, the cocktail "Aviation", sun, intelligence, androgyny and lightness". Experts would probably throw their hands up in horror at this description - but for me, it evokes exactly these images

ArbiterEle
More of an Easter (Smell)Egg Hunt than a perfume.
Yes i smell you. Yes i have to bring my nose next to my wrist to smell you. Yes you go away really quickly. Yes three days after i lastly smelled you i went coocoo in my bed sniffing around my sheets to find out where this heavenly smell comes from. Are you real or have i imagined you?
Once Molecule 01, always Molecule 01
Once you've smelled Molecule 01 on someone, you won't forget the smell so quickly. This fragrance is distinctive and recognizable among 100 fragrances, provided you smell it at all!

For me, it is almost powdery, by no means citrusy, but noble, unsiex and maybe a bit woody. With Molecule 01, there are different perceptions, but this fragrance is so diverse that every opinion has its raison d'être somewhere. That's the only way to explain this molecule.

The best part for me is that I spray it on and then don't notice it until it suddenly comes on full force. It spreads throughout the room, but in a room full of people you shouldn't be sure that everyone smells it.
Forever 01
Molecule 01 is was my first blind purchase and my best!
I just found him interesting.
When I ordered it, I told my mom about my purchase and she said, "hmmmmmmm, I'm jealous".
This made me even more excited, because my mother has a really fine nose.
When he was there and I had opened the package I already took the fragrance.
I was so excited that I shouted out loud "Jaaajajaaaaa". If you are lucky enough to be able to perceive Molecule 01, then you have definitely smelled him somewhere on the street, I at least knew him already I have had the fragrance more often under the nose and always wondered what there smells so incredibly good.
Many of my environment could not perceive him, unfortunately, but others all the more intense and I smell him on me.
Molecule 01 is not all the time recognizable, but for it emerges from time to time all by itself and that gives him, among other things, this distinctive character.
How it smells? For me, summer, brown skin, earth that is wet from the rain, wind in the hair and sun in the face, woody and so ne light incense note that reminds me of home and a lot of lightness.

The Emperor's New Clothes

I wanted to believe all the hype - I wanted to experience the wonder that I've heard about...

I'm expect to hear from all the Perfumistas that I must be anosmic to ISO E Super or that it's more of a pheromone that works on the subconscious and that they get complements all the time when they wear this... Yeah right!

I've tried this multiple time with varying amounts of overspray and noone has noticed anything... Granted I can smell something if I spray myself right in the face or stick my nose right onto where I just sprayed (but even then it's very subdued)

People raving about this and even saying this is their signature scent just goes to show the power of self deception and wishful thinking... (and maybe the power of the imagination)

I'm still open to using this for layering and improving the performance of other fragrances - I'll be trying this out over the next few days...

I think a line from the fairy tail where the boys shouts out 'He's wearing nothing at all' is quite appropriate for this fragrance...
"eau de bed"
After I had smelled the perfume a few years ago at a colleague, he somehow did not let me go, since there was nowhere to test, so a blind buy.

The package came, by Corona in the home office of course tested directly, but in the morning already sprayed Eau Vitaminee, I was but something "disappointed". It has the Eau Vitaminee somehow strengthened with a woody undertone, but really good that was somehow not. In addition, the Flacon has disappointed me, not even a lid they have donated him.

In the evening then under the shower, then to bed to test again the next morning and what can I say? I smelled a delicate woody undertone, but of me, of my cozy, warm bed. I liked THAT. My great grandma always said, Et best wat me hätt, is e jooht bed. (The best thing you have is a good bed) And I love my bed and I love to smell it like that, after sleep and after "me". Since then I call it affectionately "Eau de Bett" and I already got some compliments for it. So you seem to be able to smell me well. ;)

It has a slight woody undertone, but blends in wonderfully soft.

CnFCnF 9 months ago
A perfect perfume for people who do not want or cant use it. Ideal for doctors, dentists.. It has a slight woody smell and is very intimate
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Can't smell after 1 week. But extraordinary reaction/compliments from young women reacting to sillage as if I'm a rock star. Gym+layer use
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
An enigma. Varies between nothing, petrol and cedar several times during the day. Really like it haha!
RocendrollRocendroll 3 years ago
4.5
[Raczej nie] Nie wiem o co chodzi bo nie pamiętam zapachu gdy używałem, ale zapach po otwarciu pustej fiolki pachnie a raczej śmierdzi.
YosYos 3 years ago
I was excited to try it, but it's nowhere near as good as I expected. Just smells like a set of wooden draws and extremely weak projection.
CymCym 4 years ago
Dusty wood and plastic - like an old desktop computer that has been sitting in a closet for several years gathering dust.
FarouhaFarouha 5 years ago
Terrible scent. Totally masculine and very low projection and longevity. Waste of money.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Whether olfactory suprematism or avant-garde art of perfume: smells like a thuja for me!

Vielen lieben Dank für eure genialen Kommis  & eure Aufmerksamkeit zu den verflixten Molekülen :)
by EveMist
by Lizzy89
by Lizzy89
by Babylon
by Babylon
Achtung! Infektiöser Duft! (für fresh / schräg)
by Timmama
by Denver87
by Schaumdon
by Schaumdon

Popular Escentric Molecules

Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 04 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Iris by Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 04 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Mandarin by Escentric Molecules Escentric 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Patchouli by Escentric Molecules Molecule 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Limited Edition 2011 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 02 Limited Edition by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 Limited Edition by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 Limited Edition 2016 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Limited Edition 2016 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 Limited Edition 2011 by Escentric Molecules