Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules
Molecule 01 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Valentino Donna Rosa Verde

Geza Schön

ISO-E-Super

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.01.2021.

Commercially available qualities of Iso-E-Super consist of at least three substances. Apparently, "Molecule 01" contains only one of these substances, Iso-gamma-Super (source: Scent and Chemistry - The Molecular World of Odors).

Sometimes yes, sometimes no
Wore it yesterday and have to say, I take him on me hardly notice. It comes every now and then a small swing....a small cloud. If it is then there, I hear the fragrance as very pleasant. Warm, high quality and slightly woody. How it is received by others, I can not say exactly. Whether I will buy the full size for the price, I can not say yet.

A nice concept with interesting background. Maybe I'll try the other also times.
The fragrant question mark
Iso-E-Super. Iso-E-Super... Iso-E-Super?

I recently ordered the complete sample set of all Escentric Molecules fragrances. Beautifully packaged, with quite a lot of attention to detail, including a small "manual" with information about the molecules used and Geza Schön's inspirations for the fragrances.

In the meantime, I have tested all the fragrances of the sample set several times. But "Molecule 01"... This fragrance is a single question mark. Many fragrances inspire me from the first scent, some I have to learn to love first, others squander all points with their heart or base. This one I can't place. Some days it's extremely present, other days it's barely noticeable, very often it plays around my nose fleetingly and subtly, like the fading memory of a dream. Everyone perceives it differently on me. Some say powdery-woody, others pungently synthetic, still others like my body odor after a shower or fresh laundry. "Molecule 01" definitely smells synthetic to me - usually a scent I avoid, but here with many additional subtle facets. Very subtle facets, but still perceptible.

I simply can't give it a grade. Probably I will order a bottle of this unusual fragrance, have namely still found some change in the Sofaritze. Then I see further, maybe / hopefully opens up to me "Molecule 01" more.

Ptsau
Very useful utility fragrance be used as primer.
I mainly use it as a primer to my other fragrances to gain longevity. It works! It will gain another 2-3 hours of the fragrances longevity and make better projection. I know it’s just simply ISO E Super with alcohol and people said you can make it your own or buy from somebody who makes it for under $30. I did tried to look up the ingredients to make it myself but couldn’t find a good perfume alcohol and I tried to get it from somebody thru Etsy. I bought from 2 different sellers, one the atomizer doesn’t work and the other one has very very strong alcohol scent. I just gave up and went with the authentic Escentric Molecule Molecule 01. First, it doesn’t have a strong alcohol scent (a little but not strong and it fades quickly). Second, the atomizer is so good that provides very fine mist. I already spent about $60 for 2 bottles from the self-made sellers and both didn’t work. I shouldn’t waste that money and get another bottle of the authentic one. It does change your fragrances’ scents a little, which you barely notice and in a good way (so you can smell unique since everyone will get different scents from it because it’s all about chemical reactions to your body). I used it solely a few times when I knew I would sweat so it wouldn’t create the odd scent that other fragrances mixed with my sweat (like exercise). I could smell the very subdued nice body scent emit from my body (not the fragrance kind of scent). I would always keep a bottle in hand from now on.
ParfumladyK
"The true character of a man is not seen at the first meeting, but at the last."

That's why I don't want to write anything bad about you here.

I loved you, loved to wear you, you refreshed me during long days of work on the plane, you cheered me up.....but suddenly it was all over.

Often I caught you still with colleagues and my love was briefly rekindled, with them you smelled fantastic, until I read you then at home again on my skin and found it no longer fits.....

Since we had a good time and I do not want to badmouth you, I do not write what associations you evoke on my skin with me.

May others be happy with you, we fit, unfortunately no longer together. I will remember you as you were in the beginning: fresh, in an unnervingly exciting way, and gentle at the same time.

Farewell Molecule No 1
Your perfume lady K @parfumladycologne insta

Autoerotica
A few months ago I had bought an Essenza Nobile sample of Molecule 01.
I could detect the scent, but the not consistently. Somehow he danced around me and could not be grasped when *I* wanted it, but when he wanted it. Like a dream that you only occasionally get a story snippet of after you wake up. What I smelled, I liked. Association: a pencil case left out on the patio in the August sun - you open it up, and crayons and pencil sharpeners secrete their peculiar odor. Even a scented gum sweats out a few molecules. Sounds bad? But is meant positively.
Now week before last: I'm walking through a small shop and an intriguing perfume rises to my nose. Wow. I run in the fairway of the other three Kund:innen by the aisles, ready to ask the scent source, what that is. Eventually I figure out that my scarf is the source. The last time I had worn the Molecule sample time.
Now, on the one hand, it's flattering that I'm stalking myself, but on the other hand, it makes me a little crazy that the stuff is so errant.
HEADWORTH!
Had a fragrance that lives up to its reputation (at least in numerous no-name blogs on Google) ... Molecule 01 is neither extremely attractive, unisex, nor does it please the people around me. Maybe the scent just does not suit me.
It also reminds me a lot of Stronger with You from Armani, only the super sweet sticky note is missing. Headache like after 20 shots of tequila and the stuff can't be washed off either...
Clipnotic
The fantastic effect of placebos
During one of my apprenticeships I was an intern in an old people's home and then worked there for a while on the side. And there was a lovely patient who was already very confused and always thought she was on her way to the doctor. And so she sometimes came to our nursing room every 10 minutes and complained about any kind of slight pain, e.g. headache, sore throat, cold etc. Of course the first reaction is that as a nurse you take this seriously, because you always have to assume that maybe there really is pain. In this case, however, this has been going on for a long time and over time, the doctor and nurse have found out that she is really just confused. But to calm her down when she came, they gave her ineffective malt tablets, which came in different colours, for her various minor "illnesses" and lo and behold, suddenly the pain was gone and she felt happy and well. Every marketing department dreams of such an effect, or?

Yes, and here they have probably created the most ingenious "fragrance placebo" of all time, because the marketing is really ingenious. Certainly no other fragrance has ever sold so well, because there are many fragrances that in the end hardly smell at all anymore, but this one, who almost admits that he doesn't smell at all, is fantastic!
Brilliant is also the argumentation, why you don't smell anything yourself, at least not of the "scent". Whereby I can say here that this morning when I sprayed 6 times very briefly and easily I noticed a kind of musty cellar smell. But that was it and all my colleagues at work didn't notice anything all day long and there are some of them who don't use any perfume at all, real body odor experts!
But even for this there is immediately a horny answer and that is that this molecule yes, the own body odor and strengthens one's own body odor anyway, ergo you can not even smell this scent, horny! Sounds absolutely logical, but for me it is so that if I sweat, for example, I then clearly smell sweat under my armpits. So I was very clever and sprayed there once to see if my sweat smells twice as intense. Well, but he just doesn't do it, but I can still smell him normally as usual?

But that's not all, because even for the most difficult cases like me there is a solution and that is that you can layer, after all this molecule is apparently also used in many other fragrances to increase their durability. Many a fragrance is even said to consist half of this "hyper-molecule". And as you read, some of them seem to be already. However, I've been noticing for a while now that more and more fragrances are massively losing their durability. So this molecule is either one of the most rationalized "ingredients" of our time or my nose is so broken that I can't smell anything anymore, except my sweat?

Of course, the artistic aspect must not be forgotten either, because here 100% minimalism is presented in its purest form, even the lid of the bottle has been left out, which is consistent!
And now the absolute phenomenon of this work of art. In a Youtube video of the probably most famous star of the "fragrance consulting scene" you can see him slapping 30 sprayers of this "wonder molecule" on it, although it is supposed to be a massive "fragrance amplifier"? So they have created an "odour enhancer" here, which is supposed to at least intensify body odour, but still doesn't intensify it even more when you even bathe in it, phenomenal, isn't it? If one would pass the recipe on to the food industry, the problem of obesity would be solved!
Finally, I am very impressed how well placebos can work even with people who are not confused and I really respect the "artist" and his marketing department! because this is commercial art at its best, keep it up!
Goodbye Molecule 01
Now we take leave of each other. After many years of you guiding me through life. I have never been attracted to a fragrance as I am to you.
Once in the eyewear store, a salesman asked me very carefully if he could ask me what I smelled like. It would just blow his mind and he would like to give his wife exactly this scent. I often had moments like that with you.
Or when the children were in kindergarten and everyone always said you could smell whether I had already brought them in the morning because the whole house smelled so pleasant. That was you - or both of us And the critics, they said you're not a real fragrance, more of a chemical, they couldn't hurt me, because you've taken me completely, from day one. Captured with your simplicity, with your presence, with your uniqueness Now I can't feel you on me for quite some time and I know the moment has come to say goodbye.
You were a soft, gentle, fresh and faithful companion. You were radiant, special and around me all day. From the first moment I loved you and that love remains, even if we are separated now You stay in my heart. Thank you for a wonderful time together.
The power of suggestion
The power of suggestion is incredible. Perhaps everything has been said about Molecule 1 so far, but we should remember that a great marketing campaign combined with good prospects can work wonders. This fragrance is beautiful, kind of fun and can be pleasant, but a single Iso E supermolecule will always be a single Iso E supermolecule. Try to imagine that this is not called Molecule 1, it is not bottled in an extravagant, chic bottle, and no one talks about it absolutely. In my ideal world, the only way to get a bottle of my ideal "Iso E Suer" is to go to the pharmacist and fill it into empty decanters. Who would buy it? No feromone effect here, but a nice, soft, woody musky accord. A good day / office fragrance, not too intrusive, but with a good sillage. The "appearing/disappearing effect" is due to the molecular structure, so we can easily say that it is related to chemistry and not magic. Conclusion: Molecole 1 is quite ok, but if you are ugly, you can't fix the problem just by wearing this. Escentric 1 is much better and at least a perfume.
Nypon
Over and over again, every day, because without it I can't go on >_
My signature scent for layering, whether in summer with my JM Blackberry Bay and St Barth Vanilla, in autumn / winter then with my Kilian Back To Black or also with Carner Palo Santo.
I layer and all that, more is more :)

CnFCnF 3 months ago
A perfect perfume for people who do not want or cant use it. Ideal for doctors, dentists.. It has a slight woody smell and is very intimate
Dan81Dan81 8 months ago
Can't smell after 1 week. But extraordinary reaction/compliments from young women reacting to sillage as if I'm a rock star. Gym+layer use
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
An enigma. Varies between nothing, petrol and cedar several times during the day. Really like it haha!
RocendrollRocendroll 2 years ago
4.5
[Raczej nie] Nie wiem o co chodzi bo nie pamiętam zapachu gdy używałem, ale zapach po otwarciu pustej fiolki pachnie a raczej śmierdzi.
YosYos 3 years ago
I was excited to try it, but it's nowhere near as good as I expected. Just smells like a set of wooden draws and extremely weak projection.
CymCym 3 years ago
Dusty wood and plastic - like an old desktop computer that has been sitting in a closet for several years gathering dust.
FarouhaFarouha 5 years ago
Terrible scent. Totally masculine and very low projection and longevity. Waste of money.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Whether olfactory suprematism or avant-garde art of perfume: smells like a thuja for me!

Vielen lieben Dank für eure genialen Kommis  & eure Aufmerksamkeit zu den verflixten Molekülen :)
by EveMist
by Lizzy89
by Lizzy89
by Babylon
by Babylon
Achtung! Infektiöser Duft! (für fresh / schräg)
by Timmama
by Mann
by Schaumdon
by Schaumdon

Popular Escentric Molecules

Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 05 by Escentric Molecules