Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules

Molecule 01 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with This Is Him!

Geza Schön

ISO-E-Super

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.07.2020.

Commercially available qualities of Iso-E-Super consist of at least three substances. Apparently, "Molecule 01" contains only one of these substances, Iso-gamma-Super (source: Scent and Chemistry - The Molecular World of Odors).

You're the placebo!
Hey, you!
Yeah, I mean you!
Do you smell something?

Come on, for real?
Yeah, okay, there is something. Again and again I get fine cedar-woody, tender green, maybe also slightly bitter scent breeze. But the emphasis is on fine. Fragrance direction fine-fresh. Or woody-fine. All very nonexistent. Like hair freshly washed and dried with Timotei. Smells, and somehow it doesn't. Somehow also pleasant
But perfume? You can tell yourself many things. As a lover, one must often tell oneself many things.
Anyone who bought a Fidget Spinner or a beer bottle resealable lid in a knight's helmet design made of pewter knows what I'm talking about. "I have no idea how I ever got along without one." You have to justify your investments and beliefs.

But this one?

For that touch of nothing you really did squeeze the cash for a designer flacon?

And now you tell me that everyone perceives him differently, that he wanders around like a quantum chameleon and wants to be found, that he only opens up to the conoisseur and waits to be discovered? You just have to smell it and concentrate
Excuse me, but if I have to make an effort to perceive him, and then, IF I smell something, I should feel happy as if I had seen the yeti, then the perfume is doing something wrong. Or the marketing is doing something right
All right, it'll hold. But with zero sillage. I can hardly smell anything, but I smell it all day long. Especially on clothes
In the perfume lexicon under "very close" is a picture of Molecule 01.

At least he has a bottle. If it were empty, it would be a great gag
Now, before I get hot spoons from the emperors among us perfumers, perhaps a few conciliatory words. As I wrote above: Molecule 01 is not unpleasant. On the contrary: this minimalist woodiness, if it were more intense, would definitely have its charm as a fresh, neutral alternative to soap, lemon and aquatic rubbish. But if you want to smell actively after that, you'll have to look for alternatives.
The beginning
And last night you were in my room And now my bedsheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with your body (fragrance)
(Ed Sheeran, Shape of you)

This will be my first comment here. I dedicate it to my favourite Molecule 01, because it was my first romance with the subject.
I humbly read the comments here and am always amazed by the poetic and excellent descriptions. Many thanks to the community for not only giving their "mustard" to fragrances but also for lovingly and verbally packaging this mustard. I read with great pleasure here.
It all started back then with Molecule 01. It was the fascinating entrance into the world of fragrances. I came across it three years ago while reading an article and was immediately hooked. He had to come here, immediately. My desire for sensation was so unbelievably great and when I finally had the sweetheart in my hand, I was at first afraid of the experience. But what could I lose? Perfumes were only a marginal phenomenon in my fragrance-free life. So here's to little wonder nose. It was love at first sight. I fogged in and sat in a conference, knowing that I smelled of pure uniqueness. I felt myself to be remarkable ;) I didn't know that particular feeling yet, but I think you all know what I mean ;) Attentively I pay attention to the reactions of my environment. Nothing happened. At first I was a bit disappointed, but the own scent tases, which got into my nose from time to time, were enough and burned into me. And now I am sitting here. Subjected to scents, enslaved (in a heavenly way), decayed, delivered (only too gladly I surrender). The passion delights me every day, every minute, because without being scented I hardly take a breath. Molecule taught me that I can also give something wonderful to my senses and that I must do so from now on. Feelings of happiness, experiences, getting to know myself, growing, perceiving, feeling better. Being connected to the world. This is how I feel. Thank you Molecule 01. I will love and appreciate you forever.

By the way:
The durability on objects is unique. For a while I sprayed the molecule on my hair and then wore headphones with hangers. Months later, the temple still had an extremely intense, comfortable and appealing scent.
I had another experience with Molecule 01 last night. About 1 week ago I sprayed myself discreetly with it from the evening after showering. A little later, for sleeping I used a fur blanket. I put it away for days and yesterday I took it to my chest to fall asleep. And BÄÄÄM, what's the cool thing (yes exactly, you read it right ;)). Heaven, cloud seven, my beloved molecule still stuck to the ceiling and said me good night in the sweetest way
I don't use the fragrance often, because otherwise I become fragrance-blind and that's a pity, because I use it for myself and not to glamour my environment with it, but when I use it we are one and permeated with bliss
Bicycle chain for rehanging
One bicycle chain newly oiled.
Then pulled through the lemon cake.

NATURALLY all people suddenly become obsessed when they sniff this scent for miles and run after the scent cloud. They all just want to know who smells so great In swarms.

Just not with me.
Not even with my work colleagues.
Family members.
Friends
But online, it is really well perceived.

If you like it, here you go!

Swagger91
Geza Beautifully shaves simply without foam!
Geza Schön who really revolutionized the fragrance industry with Molecule 01.

The bottle looks cheap because the spraying simply has no cap:D WTF but minimalism pays off in terms of sales:D It comes out a little too little for me when spraying but the fragrance is probably made to combine! The fragrance has no strong development or sillage for me. It just smells like sweaty wet wood. What I find great is that it can be combined but still get the best out of the other perfumes. The pheromones also make sure that you can get compliments ;) Boys have confidence and it will pay off!

For me, he is and remains forever in my collection. Everybody should also get one because it is also unisex wearable as a pheromone
01: (M)a qualitative study
Oh yes, what has been written about this fragrance?
He seems to divide the spirits and I would like to add my mustard, because after more than two years of testing I can say: He is my strongest horse in the stable!

I can make this statement because he fulfils the following criteria with me:

- It lasts longer than all fragrances in my collection (Check)
- He has an incredibly sophisticated scent projection (check)
- He actually got me the most compliments (Check)
- He got the most requests from FREMEN, what scent I wear (Check)
- It fulfills exactly what I am looking for: woody, slightly synthy. Freshness that does not seem too artificial (Check)
- It is one of the fragrances I NEVER sold (Check)

BUT!
Like the previous speakers, I have also completed a journey with 01, which ranged from I AM Nothing to OH MAN IS THE STRONG. In between I was depressed again and again that I could not influence this process. On some days I had the feeling that I had been soaked in water...very stupid! But then there was always the feedback of other people, who said: "Man, you can be smelled all over the room" and this on those very WATER DAYS!

Start of my study:
So I went on the lookout and every time I wore it, I asked if people noticed it. In fact, this was always answered with YES. Funnily enough, I haven't had the problem of not being able to smell him since then. On the contrary, it is always present and becomes more present the more often I wear it. Maybe the nose has to get used to it first?
Anyway, the feedback was always positive, this pleasantly unique freshness, this quiet elegance seems to please most noses. 01 smells:
- herb/ masculine
- fresh (very)
- synthetic (light) = as from the laboratory
- woody (light)
- clean (very)
These observations were also shared by my guinea pigs and can therefore be considered verified!

Compliments:
Case study no. 1:
I was at Edeka's, standing in line and a young woman two people behind me asked me which scent I would wear when I left the shop. She apologized for the clumsy way I spoke, but her lecturer at the university would always wear that scent and she never dared to speak to him about it. I wore 01 that day already for 7 hours and hardly smelled it myself!

Case study no. 2:
I was visiting my parents and my mother was standing in the garden. I went to her, stood about 8m away and the first thing she said was: "Gee, that smell smells good". This testifies to the monstersillage that 01 is capable of emitting.

Sillage/durability:
ENORM. It almost lasts one day. It must be noted that he likes to disappear and reappear after hours (I love that!). It also gets stuck in the room, which means that I sometimes sit in the study, leave it for an hour and when I re-enter it, I notice that everything smells like 01. I don't even have to talk about clothes, they still smell like 01 for days after washing, but the sillage is not exhausting, you have to imagine it like a fine veil of scent that settles around you and appears and disappears. Actually it is like a ghostly scent, a delicate veil that cannot be controlled and leads its own life. What it can do, none of my other fragrances can, so I would actually dare to describe it as my strongest fragrance in the categories durability and silage.

TIP:
I think from my study, which is emphatically qualitative, I can deduce the following 5 tips for all those who are frustrated or do not dare to test it:

1. Test several times, preferably for a week in a row!
2. Every day of the test, ask a person from the surrounding area whether there is something to smell!
3. Smell the clothes at the end of the wearing day and get used to the scent!
4. Spray the scent on a scarf and hang it in the hallway, then you can see how the Sillage can affect others.
5. Observe how the scent disappears and comes back. This works especially well if you wear it during physically strenuous activities such as sports, this will recharge it.

Finally, I would like to mention that I find such a beautiful fragrance too good to lay it down or to test it quickly just once. This one needs time, patience and getting used to.

End of study!
SarahR
Who can tell me what they're judging?
In the perfume community everywhere known everywhere popular and in everyone's mouth as soon as you start to get a little bit involved with this world.

For me, this fragrance was a tie-buy, well now after intensive research on YouTube so well here too I thought to myself what can I do wrong with the perfume. So it landed in my shopping cart from N and a few days later the package finally arrived .
I was curious in any case whether he should really live up to his reputation.
So then fresh out of the shower I spray it on myself and I fix ?

Nothing?
I wouldn't say nothing...
Alcohol?
Woody slightly cytric fresh ?

Yes, something like this I was but these chords only appear on my skin after two or three hours. Well, I am not quite convinced yet.

Let's go to work and see if any of my colleagues notice him. (One of them has a really fine wetness and directs out a lot of scents but unfortunately she is more into the clean man scents)
In the good old S-Bahn I don't have the feeling to disturb someone or that anyone would ever notice him so he wouldn't be there at all.
Well, let's take a look, maybe you can only judge him well at a closer distance
But no Promt I arrived at work, my colegin (the one with the fine wetness) asks me "what perfume are you wearing today that I don't know yet"
Somewhat irritated that she noticed the 01 right away and she asks me about it I tell her the whole DING what the fragrance is and probably also does so.

Then I ask her what she can do for him and the answer is sobering, he judges so well and so clean and fresh but what exactly he judges I can't tell you just that he suits you very much"
Phew, so I was with my own estimation freshly not quite wrong.

Well, I have the bottle with me of course and we spray it on her arm for comparison And what does my colegin say to her herself, she doesn't judge anything personally Very disappointing She is frustrated because she has been looking for a new perfume for a long time and she liked it on me as well
I must say, I can't really see anything on her skin either A few hours later we try it again and now I apply some kind of fabric softener to her skin?

Well, a third opinion is needed Other colleagues who are not sitting with us in our room and also at the other end of the office their workplace has to sniff. (She is also passionate about fragrances and knows a little bit about the world of design)

And what does she say... "I can't do either of you much better than to judge a Zietrischer
Hm okay so it seems to be true what everyone says the scent is different on the skin and not everyone uses it on the same person Interresant Interresant I have never experienced something like this before.

Since I've had him, I've noticed him often in town I recognize him immediately until now almost everyone and also at great distances or among many people who all certainly carry one or the other water
For me, what is the same for everyone and how I recognize it is the unmistakable synthetic note.
Not at all unpleasant but interesting
The 18 days Namibi vacation and I of course wondered which fragrance or better said which fragrances I should take with me as I have never travelled with only one perfume before Hm we will be on safari all day long in the car, at night it is quite cold and during the day it can get very hot.
Phew difficult because you can't shower every day (the water shortage in Namibia is really bad) and you should wear something different in the evening than during the day and the scent shouldn't bother anyone in the family because we will spend about 8-10 hours together in the car every day.

After a long time back and forth my choice finally fell on HIM the ONLY fragrance I took with me on this journey and believe me I do not regret it at all Super suitable for everyday use, not disturbing, and yet you always and everywhere pleasant, well and you will be noticed a great choice.
On safari as well as in the evening at the chicken dinner you are always well served.

For Layern I have him until now not yet actively used except on Fridays when I do not want to wear my party scent during the day at work he comes on it and only in the evening then another one and until now it has always worked great, but I have not noticed any big difference (was already at least 12-14 hours ago where I made the 01 on it so no wonder)

My conclusion:
A great scent that is present in summer as well as in winter when I can't make up my mind and want to judge well and don't always need to tickle something penetrating in my nose For travelling wherever he will go (unfortunately it is very difficult because of our Corona crisis) he will come back again in any case
5.5
Condorpilot1
Question mark in the head
I am honest: I hardly dare to write a suitable comment about Molecule 01 (M01). The reason is simply that I find it difficult to have a really suitable opinion about this water. A few months ago I found it cheap at TK Maxx and decided to buy it. Mind you, it wasn't a blind purchase, I still remembered what the perfume triggered in me when I first tested it: nothing but a lot of big question marks in my head. But since I had in mind that this scent is very good for layering, to give weak perfumes a performance boost, I decided to go for Molecule 01 after all.

In one of my favourite perfumeries I once talked to a competent and friendly saleswoman about the topic "molecular fragrances". At that time the term was still quite new to me and I did not quite understand it. Anyway, the saleswoman told me that molecular scents should (best) never be worn on the skin, but only on clothing. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact reason for this statement but I found it interesting. After all, perfume is usually worn on the skin, especially if you use or can use it for layering like M01 and the perfume can only be completely absorbed by the warmth of the skin... Oh well - sometimes it is even said that Molecule 01 can't even be classified as a "perfume", but only as a "fragrance" (not in the sense of a synonym).

So much for the introduction. Now I have used M01 again several days in a row - on its own or as a base layer of weakly projecting perfumes. For example, I bought a cheap perfume of a local brand ("Mythos") in Greece, which smells like cardamom. Pleasantly fresh scent character, but hardly durable. And in fact I imagine that Molecule 01 gave this cardamom scent a shelf life and sillage boost. I tried the same with Bvlgari Man Extreme. Here it is astonishing that Bvlgari Man Extreme seems to be swallowed completely by M01. After a short time nothing, but nothing at all, is noticeable from the actual Bvlgari. What remains is the weakened character of M01.

But how is the individual character on my skin? Here at Molecule 01 this is the casus crackus! Everyone in the fragrance community has a different experience with this fragrance and has completely different associations with it. My subjective perception is artificial light wood on my skin, unfortunately paired with a touch of sweat. This makes me wonder whether I really want to wear something like this and do something to my environment. But the fact is obviously that the environment can perceive this scent in a completely different way. Besides, I have also made the experience like most of the others that I often only perceive M01 in single batches. Mostly I don't smell anything on my skin. It's a strange feeling when you can't smell your own perfume but the people around you can. Nevertheless, I notice, again and again because of these thrusts, that the fragrance has a very good durability. There are about 8-9 hours in it. But where I didn't really notice a difference is between applying M01 on the skin compared to applying it on my clothes. But on the clothes it doesn't smell bad at all, it even smells pleasantly clean.

All this together from the previous paragraphs leads me to the point that I still find it difficult to express an opinion. What kind of emotions should you have when you hardly smell anything of the fragrance itself? That's exactly what makes perfumes so appealing, that you find them good on yourself! But with Molecule 01, you have to trust blindly that the scent will be well received by your fellow human beings and will not bother anyone. When I give a rating and write a comment here at Parfumo, I am always aware of two things: 1) The perception and assessment of perfumes is always subjective and perfumes can trigger different emotions in everyone. 2) One should nevertheless try to maintain a certain objectivity in order to make a rating more tangible for a reader and to make it fair. The nice thing is that our tastes are so different. For example, some people find Dior Sauvage cool, some don't. Others find Creed Aventus cool, some just don't. The motives may be very different. But from an objective point of view, the majority of these perfumes have the same scent character - people know that Sauvage is a synthetic perfume with lots of ambrox and people know that Aventus is known for its pineapple, paired with bergamot and smoky birch.

But Molecule 01? Here only really everybody has experienced something different. So what is there to advise an outsider? Not a blind purchase, for sure. And certainly not that the product is a must-have. You can only encourage everyone to test Molecule 01 as soon as you get the chance, even more than once. Personally, I am still on the brink with this fragrance.

And the moral of the story'? I still have no real opinion.
TimsGym
Ideal for the gym (and everything else)
Admittedly at the beginning I was very sceptical of this unique fragrance.
And yes, I couldn't perceive it the first time I applied it and I couldn't perceive it the second time either.
I think you have to get used to the ISO E Super first, plus the wave-like thrusts of the fragrance, as so often described here.
But what can he do????
Well, it adapts to the body's own chemistry and acts like a second skin, which can be perceived by some as clean and pure, by others as woody-fresh.
Especially in the gym I noticed that the scent, at a probably elevated body temperature, creates an extremely mysterious aura, I just have to write that.
The fragrance itself is simply a phenomenon or an experience that all fragrance lovers should have had at some point It just feels like letting your pants down and then turning your shame into a shield.
I would like to say that at the beginning one is perhaps very unsure, because many fragrance lovers, me too, by the way, do not leave the house without a fragrance.
You feel naked and a little bit stupid for a while, because it's nothing you wear at first, at least that's what happened to me.
But my friends the environment perceives you very well and at some point you notice this scent more and more often, just a question of getting used to it.
In addition, the fragrance is great for layering, for this you have to search the forums, this goes beyond the scope, as well as to any situation, it just goes for everyone.
Finally, it can be said that it is perfectly suitable for professions with a lot of human closeness/contacts, because you can't wear an oud scent, but a discreet, individual, but still perceptible for everyone (even if only subconsciously)
Honzo
Resin with even more resin
Used yesterday for the first time and almost killed by it - massive resin smell as if I was waving an incense burner in front of me. The scent was noticeable for me all day long, even if it was not that extreme anymore.
Second try today: I don't notice him at all anymore, neither during the spraying nor afterwards.
I like the smell itself, would stick to it. But if others smell the same as I did yesterday I probably won't have any social contacts anymore :)
The tinnitus among perfumes
On Saturdays I like to go to the Kreuzberg market hall. Almost always I see Geza Schön there while shopping, and then I always have to think of the only one of his fragrances that made it into my collection, but has moved out again in the meantime: "Molecule 01". A milestone in the history of perfume, certainly, which is why I bought it without having tested it before.

When first worn on the evening of purchase, I recognize a clear resemblance to Ellena's "Poivre Samarcande" from the Hermessence series. I have my difficulties with that, and now I know why: PS is also dominated by ISO E Super.
Then the next day in the morning: yes, clearly pepper, but quite discreet. I'm carrying 01 to the office. After about three hours, I notice something gourmand and think it is the perfume of my colleague. Eh? Since when does it wear perfume? No, I guess I am. What does that remind me of? And 1, 2 hours later I remember: "By The Fireplace" by Maison Margiela, a fragrance I love! Where did that come from? It has its characteristics from cashmeran?

So far, so confusing. The next try then at 7 degrees outside temperature. Throughout the day I notice a few woody thrusts, the much-vaunted "pencil shavings". Overall, however, I have the impression that many people today wear better perfume than usual. Could it be that my nose is giving off my own scent as that of others? At these cold temperatures I do not perceive anything gourmand, rather the scent (which is more of a breeze, sometimes here, sometimes there, sometimes gone) seems dust-dry.

Then in June, it's humid outside. I smell mainly wood, a light wood, and that only when I move my arm to my nose. In the beginning this wood is so stinging that I have the feeling that my nose hairs start to brittleneck when I get too close. It's not really pleasant Now "Molecule 01" is said to improve the durability of other perfumes when you lay it down. The same evening I applied "Osmanthus" by The Different Company, which I also love very much, but which could really use more durability. And I actually imagine that he has a stronger projection with Molecule underneath. However, this wood penetrates! Wood! Wood! still through and is slowly getting on my nerves.

Yes, 01 is too monothematic woody for me. When I wear it, I have the feeling that my scent perception is permanently disturbed by the dominating ISO E Super, as if I could lose the ability to tolerate other perfumes with ISO E Super if I was confronted with it for a longer period of time. Or it is as if the synapse responsible for ISO E Super is so overstrained by 01 that it transmits continuously and I can only smell this molecule everywhere. A bit like my tinnitus, which according to Wikipedia is caused by a neuronal change in the brain. Repeated conscious attention intensifies the tinnitus, and I didn't want to do that to my nose. The latest therapies try to alleviate the tinnitus by playing music to the patient that lacks the exact tone or frequency at which her tinnitus is transmitting. That's exactly how I do it now and avoid perfumes with too much ISO E Super (I gave away my once beloved "Terre d'Hermès").

But everyone who is involved in perfume should at least once meet 01.

Dan81Dan81 54 days ago
Can't smell after 1 week. But extraordinary reaction/compliments from young women reacting to sillage as if I'm a rock star. Gym+layer use
KingPinKingPin 17 months ago
An enigma. Varies between nothing, petrol and cedar several times during the day. Really like it haha!
RocendrollRocendroll 20 months ago
4.5
[Raczej nie] Nie wiem o co chodzi bo nie pamiętam zapachu gdy używałem, ale zapach po otwarciu pustej fiolki pachnie a raczej śmierdzi.
YosYos 2 years ago
I was excited to try it, but it's nowhere near as good as I expected. Just smells like a set of wooden draws and extremely weak projection.
CymCym 3 years ago
Dusty wood and plastic - like an old desktop computer that has been sitting in a closet for several years gathering dust.
FarouhaFarouha 4 years ago
Terrible scent. Totally masculine and very low projection and longevity. Waste of money.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Whether olfactory suprematism or avant-garde art of perfume: smells like a thuja for me!

Vielen lieben Dank für eure genialen Kommis  & eure Aufmerksamkeit zu den verflixten Molekülen :)
by EveMist
by MightyMike
by MightyMike
by Lizzy89
by Lizzy89
Achtung! Infektiöser Duft! (für fresh / schräg)
by Timmama
by Gürteltier
by Mann
by Mann

Popular Escentric Molecules

Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 05 by Escentric Molecules