Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules

Molecule 02 is a perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Ambroxan

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.10.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

AMBRA AURA - Molecule 02 - my Signature Scent
Molecule 02 caught me immediately with the first fleeting perception fully and no longer let go.
This tender and nevertheless very perceptible Ambranote (Ambroxan) is for me the epitome of refined and somehow not so completely tangible smell
Molecule 02 is fresh, masculine and androgynous at the same time and it floats around one time more present and once more withdrawn. It makes itself and its wearer perceptible in an incredibly discreet way and surrounds you like a seductive, tender and at the same time straight and uplifting aura.

Geza Schön really succeeded in doing something wonderful.
For me also quite clearly the most attractive molecule from the series ... followed by Molecule 01.

Because I love it and because Molecule 02 always brings me compliments from my most important people, I have chosen it as my signature fragrance. My companion ...
8.0 2.0 4.0 7.0/10

Tomek26
Bachelor thesis from the bottle
The Molcule series is already ingenious. One synthetic molecule and that's it. To get the idea, you have to think very minimalistically or just have a good idea and go through with it. Only Geza Schön knows exactly what he was thinking.
I don't think the scent is perfume. This fragrance is more of a concept; you could almost compare it to a bachelor thesis. Everything scientifically kept. Already at Molecule 01 I thought that the 01 refers to the binary code. According to the motto; either the one molecule is there or not. The bottle design also suggests this, as it looks futuristic. Something completely new in the perfume world, but also somehow something completely banal.
Anyway, the scent is interesting. When I spray it on the skin, I smell a strong alcoholic note first. This flies however quite fast and the Ambroxan remains. In fact, Ambroxan smells very similar to the ISO-E-Super from Molecule 01. M01 smells to me like slightly charred wood, almost like a fire in a wooden hut, while M02 smells more of freshness, wind with a woody touch; but both synthetic and both woody.
M01 I smell much longer than M02, the second rem runs out of breath after about 10 minutes or I just can't give it anymore (as many others report). I don't really enjoy it, but the interest is still great.

What remains in the end about?

In the end, I have the knowledge of the Molecule series and an example of the scent of a single molecule. I have learned more than just enjoying the fragrance... a bachelor thesis from the bottle.
7.5 2.5 7.5 5.0/10

3 phase
I am not fond of Escentric Molecules scents, I sampled them, and this one was the best of the series.

It has 3 clearly separated phases on my skin:
1. feminine, featureless, but pleasurable
2. hazelnut + seawater (?!)
3. masculine, metallic
Easy to wear, it is a really skin-scent for daily application, not natural, rather synthetic, but never indelicate.

Flüchtig, schemenhaft, transparent...