Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules
Molecule 02 is a popular perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Versense

Geza Schön

AmbroxanAmbroxan

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.09.2021.

The aura
Tried Molecule 02 and was disappointed at first because I can't smell anything. This fragrance I smell some days and other days I smell only the alcohol in which this substance is dissolved. On the days I do notice it it smells pleasantly warm, woody, fresh and slightly aquatic. Hard to describe but very pleasant and at the same time discreet. He wraps the wearer as in a kind of aura and is great for layering (combine) with other perfumes. Price is I find a bit high, but have to buy it because of its versatility. :-)
A touch of nothing
"Molecule 02" has long appealed to me because I wanted to smell pure ambroxan, also called ambrox, which is the main fragrance in ambergris. So I got me a bottling at @StolzerOskar.

What I got was a whiff of - nothing. Although I smell at the beginning already an intense note out, which reminds me partly of Ambergris. However, the synthetic ambroxan lackA the beautiful Animalik and also the aquatic of real ambergris completely. Maybe that's because ambroxan is no longer synthesized from ambrein, from which ambroxan is created by oxidation, but from sclareol. Or there may be other fragrances like ambrinol at play in ambergris that make up the overall impression. In any case, the synthesized ambroxan does not smell authentic.

In addition, in "Molecule 02" the alcohol is initially too dominant and covers the ambroxan scent. Now you might think that this is more perceptible when the alcohol has evaporated. But that is not the case. It is then simply - gone. In other words, after a few minutes I smell, like some others, simply nothing more.

I can already imagine that Ambroxan works longer in combination with other fragrances. But as a stand-alone fragrance I consider "Molecule 02" not wearable, because it is only a few minutes really perceptible.

Great utility fragrance!!!
I have Molecule 01 and decided to get a bottle of Molecule 02 because I love ambroxan note. I love how both 01 & 02 prolonging my other fragrances effectively when I layer them. They really works! It will gain another 2-3 hours of the fragrances longevity and make better projection. I tried to look up the ingredients to make it myself because people said they’re cheap to make them yourself but I couldn’t find a good perfume alcohol as I want to use better quality alcohol. I also tried to get it from somebody thru Etsy. I bought two Molecule 01 from 2 different sellers, one the atomizer doesn’t work and the other one has very very strong alcohol scent and it stays for a long time. I just gave up and went with the authentic Escentric Molecule Molecule 01 and 02. First, they don’t have a strong alcohol scent (a little but not strong and it fades quickly). Second, the atomizer is so much better quality that provides very fine mist. I already spent about $60 for 2 bottles from the self-made sellers and both didn’t work. I shouldn’t waste that money and get another bottle of the authentic one. Molecule 02 from Escentric Molecules does have stronger initial alcohol scent compared to the EM Molecule 01 but it also fades quickly. They do change your fragrances’ scents a little, which you barely notice and you can smell unique since everyone will get different scents from them because they are all about chemical reactions to your body. I used 01 solely a few times when I exercise so it wouldn’t create the odd scent when fragrances mixed with my sweat. I could smell the very subdued nice body scent emit from my body (not the fragrance kind of scent). I haven’t used 02 solely yet but I will definitely try soon. I consider the Molecule 01 & 02 as functional fragrances more than real perfumes. I will always keep them in my collection.
Molecule 02

My Amber No. 77

You fell through clouds. Down like stardust.

I found you among the gifts. Flown to me. A mysterious gift. A dry fragrance. Fragile like matches, thin like paper, light and warm. Elegant and modest. Cuddly scent for the small distance.

You are like wood and bark. You're like sapwood and sunshine. Delicate like finest shavings. Like vanilla in water and patchouli in dreams. Like benzoin and rockrose, balsa wood and tenderness. A touch of dried tears. And none of that either.

You're like vanished sparks, broken into molecules. A smell like a hunch. A smell like fleeting thoughts. Of amber and of inexplicability. You are the most tender, cuddly joy, noble, subtle art. Tender Ambroxan
A transparent, opaque chameleon.

7.0 / 7.0 / 6.0 / 7.0
Saraaah
This thing with the molecules
When you start to deal with perfumes more intensively, it doesn't take long before you stumble upon the name Escentric Molecules.

the first in line was Molecule 01 and was found good, so I tried Molecule 02 next.

So I ordered blindly - when the scented mail arrived and I sprayed Molecule 02 on, I smelled: nothing. Really nothing. This could not be true!!!! Of course, I had often read before that it was the case with some people. But I could not believe it. I ran to my mum, rubbed my wrist under her nose. And lo and behold - she smelled it, even from meters away, thought it was great. I made this test with other family members - and almost all of them could perceive Molecule 02, could not describe it other than "fresh". (All no perfume "freaks")

That same evening I sprayed one of my sweaters that was lying around with it, because I read that some people can only see Molecule 02 on clothes. Again nothing.

A little disappointed, I went to bed, and as I lay there, I noticed again and again an indefinable freshness that caressed my nose. I ran to my sweater, smelled nothing. Smell the bottle, the sprayer, nothing. When I got back to bed, the smell was there again. Felt a little teased by Mr. Ambroxan. He definitely sticks insanely well and long on clothes and often I just smell him because there is a jacket of mine in the same room that I had sprayed him on sometime.

... that's how it went the first days, meanwhile I perceive Molecule 02 well, but very close directly on the skin still not really. I can describe Molecule 02 only badly, in any case slightly masculine, clean, woody, dynamic? In any case addictive and an always-on. The hoped-for compliments have not been forthcoming. But at least now I know how he smells and what is not yet, can still be
So for those of you who can't see it, stay tuned.)
Geza Nicely shaved without foam II
Since I have already celebrated Molecule 01 extremely, I was able to get a bottling of Molecule 02.

The bottle looks like any other Essentric Molecule brand. I don't find the bottle so special in terms of design and presentation. But for us perfume lovers, it's all about the content! Now to the fragrance, the scent smells like synethic Ambroxan and I don't notice any further fragrance development. In other words, it smells like freshness! H/S are moderate and also in the normal range with me 6-8 hours. You won't be approached on the street with a 10/10 compliment, but in my experience you get one now and then ;)

But like any other fragrance from Essentric Molecul, it can be combined with Molecule 01 and any other fresh scent! I think it combines very well with Dior Sauvage or any other ambrox scent. With Molecule 01 in combination you tell an ISO E super bomb! It enhances the other scent in the H/S thing. One is also perceived differently by the pheromones of women ;) I think he would do well on dates with Sauvage if you know what I mean :D The biggest disadvantage of this scent is that the ISO E Super is only visible on the skin and not on my clothes.

In my opinion, the fragrance is ideal for the office as it is not so obtrusive, especially for people who have a sensitive nose or generally find it difficult to find scents would be something.

All in all a good support scent but for all of them I would only wear it in midsummer at high temperatures, because I find all scents from 38 degrees on exhausting.
For all those who are into the Essentric Molecule fragrances or Juliett Has a Gun (the White Line fragrances) definitely give it a try ;)
Tomek26
Bachelor thesis from the bottle
The Molcule series is already ingenious. One synthetic molecule and that's it. To get the idea, you have to think very minimalistically or just have a good idea and go through with it. Only Geza Schön knows exactly what he was thinking.
I don't think the scent is perfume. This fragrance is more of a concept; you could almost compare it to a bachelor thesis. Everything scientifically kept. Already at Molecule 01 I thought that the 01 refers to the binary code. According to the motto; either the one molecule is there or not. The bottle design also suggests this, as it looks futuristic. Something completely new in the perfume world, but also somehow something completely banal.
Anyway, the scent is interesting. When I spray it on the skin, I smell a strong alcoholic note first. This flies however quite fast and the Ambroxan remains. In fact, Ambroxan smells very similar to the ISO-E-Super from Molecule 01. M01 smells to me like slightly charred wood, almost like a fire in a wooden hut, while M02 smells more of freshness, wind with a woody touch; but both synthetic and both woody.
M01 I smell much longer than M02, the second rem runs out of breath after about 10 minutes or I just can't give it anymore (as many others report). I don't really enjoy it, but the interest is still great.

What remains in the end about?

In the end, I have the knowledge of the Molecule series and an example of the scent of a single molecule. I have learned more than just enjoying the fragrance... a bachelor thesis from the bottle.
2.5

3 phase
I am not fond of Escentric Molecules scents, I sampled them, and this one was the best of the series.

It has 3 clearly separated phases on my skin:
1. feminine, featureless, but pleasurable
2. hazelnut + seawater (?!)
3. masculine, metallic
Easy to wear, it is a really skin-scent for daily application, not natural, rather synthetic, but never indelicate.

MeneeixMeneeix 7 months ago
Pure ambroxan, ideal for the heat to enhance this well-modified note

Flüchtig, schemenhaft, transparent...
by Nicos91
by Kate130
by Kate130

Popular Escentric Molecules

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Iris by Escentric Molecules Escentric 04 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Mandarin by Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 + Patchouli by Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Limited Edition 2011 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 02 Limited Edition by Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 Limited Edition by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 Limited Edition 2016 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Limited Edition 2016 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 Limited Edition 2011 by Escentric Molecules