Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules
Molecule 02 is a perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Versense

Geza Schön

Ambroxan

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.11.2020.

Saraaah
This thing with the molecules
When you start to deal with perfumes more intensively, it doesn't take long before you stumble upon the name Escentric Molecules.

the first in line was Molecule 01 and was found good, so I tried Molecule 02 next.

So I ordered blindly - when the scented mail arrived and I sprayed Molecule 02 on, I smelled: nothing. Really nothing. This could not be true!!!! Of course, I had often read before that it was the case with some people. But I could not believe it. I ran to my mum, rubbed my wrist under her nose. And lo and behold - she smelled it, even from meters away, thought it was great. I made this test with other family members - and almost all of them could perceive Molecule 02, could not describe it other than "fresh". (All no perfume "freaks")

That same evening I sprayed one of my sweaters that was lying around with it, because I read that some people can only see Molecule 02 on clothes. Again nothing.

A little disappointed, I went to bed, and as I lay there, I noticed again and again an indefinable freshness that caressed my nose. I ran to my sweater, smelled nothing. Smell the bottle, the sprayer, nothing. When I got back to bed, the smell was there again. Felt a little teased by Mr. Ambroxan. He definitely sticks insanely well and long on clothes and often I just smell him because there is a jacket of mine in the same room that I had sprayed him on sometime.

... that's how it went the first days, meanwhile I perceive Molecule 02 well, but very close directly on the skin still not really. I can describe Molecule 02 only badly, in any case slightly masculine, clean, woody, dynamic? In any case addictive and an always-on. The hoped-for compliments have not been forthcoming. But at least now I know how he smells and what is not yet, can still be
So for those of you who can't see it, stay tuned.)
Geza Nicely shaved without foam II
Since I have already celebrated Molecule 01 extremely, I was able to get a bottling of Molecule 02.

The bottle looks like any other Essentric Molecule brand. I don't find the bottle so special in terms of design and presentation. But for us perfume lovers, it's all about the content! Now to the fragrance, the scent smells like synethic Ambroxan and I don't notice any further fragrance development. In other words, it smells like freshness! H/S are moderate and also in the normal range with me 6-8 hours. You won't be approached on the street with a 10/10 compliment, but in my experience you get one now and then ;)

But like any other fragrance from Essentric Molecul, it can be combined with Molecule 01 and any other fresh scent! I think it combines very well with Dior Sauvage or any other ambrox scent. With Molecule 01 in combination you tell an ISO E super bomb! It enhances the other scent in the H/S thing. One is also perceived differently by the pheromones of women ;) I think he would do well on dates with Sauvage if you know what I mean :D The biggest disadvantage of this scent is that the ISO E Super is only visible on the skin and not on my clothes.

In my opinion, the fragrance is ideal for the office as it is not so obtrusive, especially for people who have a sensitive nose or generally find it difficult to find scents would be something.

All in all a good support scent but for all of them I would only wear it in midsummer at high temperatures, because I find all scents from 38 degrees on exhausting.
For all those who are into the Essentric Molecule fragrances or Juliett Has a Gun (the White Line fragrances) definitely give it a try ;)
Tomek26
Bachelor thesis from the bottle
The Molcule series is already ingenious. One synthetic molecule and that's it. To get the idea, you have to think very minimalistically or just have a good idea and go through with it. Only Geza Schön knows exactly what he was thinking.
I don't think the scent is perfume. This fragrance is more of a concept; you could almost compare it to a bachelor thesis. Everything scientifically kept. Already at Molecule 01 I thought that the 01 refers to the binary code. According to the motto; either the one molecule is there or not. The bottle design also suggests this, as it looks futuristic. Something completely new in the perfume world, but also somehow something completely banal.
Anyway, the scent is interesting. When I spray it on the skin, I smell a strong alcoholic note first. This flies however quite fast and the Ambroxan remains. In fact, Ambroxan smells very similar to the ISO-E-Super from Molecule 01. M01 smells to me like slightly charred wood, almost like a fire in a wooden hut, while M02 smells more of freshness, wind with a woody touch; but both synthetic and both woody.
M01 I smell much longer than M02, the second rem runs out of breath after about 10 minutes or I just can't give it anymore (as many others report). I don't really enjoy it, but the interest is still great.

What remains in the end about?

In the end, I have the knowledge of the Molecule series and an example of the scent of a single molecule. I have learned more than just enjoying the fragrance... a bachelor thesis from the bottle.
2.5

3 phase
I am not fond of Escentric Molecules scents, I sampled them, and this one was the best of the series.

It has 3 clearly separated phases on my skin:
1. feminine, featureless, but pleasurable
2. hazelnut + seawater (?!)
3. masculine, metallic
Easy to wear, it is a really skin-scent for daily application, not natural, rather synthetic, but never indelicate.

Flüchtig, schemenhaft, transparent...
by Thizhy
by Kate130
by Kate130

Popular Escentric Molecules

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 04 by Escentric Molecules Escentric 05 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 by Escentric Molecules Molecule 05 by Escentric Molecules