Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules

Molecule 02 is a perfume by Escentric Molecules for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Ambroxan

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.05.2019

8.0 2.0 4.0 7.0/10

Tomek26
Bachelor thesis from the bottle
The Molcule series is already ingenious. One synthetic molecule and that's it. To get the idea, you have to think very minimalistically or just have a good idea and go through with it. Only Geza Schön knows exactly what he was thinking.
I don't think the scent is perfume. This fragrance is more of a concept; you could almost compare it to a bachelor thesis. Everything scientifically kept. Already at Molecule 01 I thought that the 01 refers to the binary code. According to the motto; either the one molecule is there or not. The bottle design also suggests this, as it looks futuristic. Something completely new in the perfume world, but also somehow something completely banal.
Anyway, the scent is interesting. When I spray it on the skin, I smell a strong alcoholic note first. This flies however quite fast and the Ambroxan remains. In fact, Ambroxan smells very similar to the ISO-E-Super from Molecule 01. M01 smells to me like slightly charred wood, almost like a fire in a wooden hut, while M02 smells more of freshness, wind with a woody touch; but both synthetic and both woody.
M01 I smell much longer than M02, the second rem runs out of breath after about 10 minutes or I just can't give it anymore (as many others report). I don't really enjoy it, but the interest is still great.

What remains in the end about?

In the end, I have the knowledge of the Molecule series and an example of the scent of a single molecule. I have learned more than just enjoying the fragrance... a bachelor thesis from the bottle.
7.5 2.5 7.5 5.0/10

3 phase
I am not fond of Escentric Molecules scents, I sampled them, and this one was the best of the series.

It has 3 clearly separated phases on my skin:
1. feminine, featureless, but pleasurable
2. hazelnut + seawater (?!)
3. masculine, metallic
Easy to wear, it is a really skin-scent for daily application, not natural, rather synthetic, but never indelicate.

Flüchtig, schemenhaft, transparent...