Bois Impérial 2020

Bois Impérial by Essential Parfums
Bois Impérial is a popular perfume by Essential Parfums for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Quentin Bisch

Georgywood®Georgywood®
Akigalawood®Akigalawood®
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
AmbrofixAmbrofix

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 17.01.2022.

Gentlemans Club
Elegant, modern and not too offensive. delicious mixture in the opening of basil and citrus. Vetiver is prominent here until the very end but with the Akigalawood it makes this one of the best sandalwood scents at the moment. Very fine composition of natural ingredients here from Quentin Bish. If you're a fan of Dries van Noten, Amouage Beachhut, Oligarch, TF vetiver...then this one will definitely appeal to you. This is not a comparison but only the class it definitely belongs to. This will be my new signature scent. Fresh woody who doesn't scream too loud but you get noticed.
Baffleme
The linear, clean, freshly sparkling soda-soap hybrid
A mixture of a novel, strongly sparkling lemonade with almost cola-like nuances and other fragrances that also make me feel as if I had just used a shower gel enclosed by the Hotel Adlon. By the way, the described soda with novel flavor is sugar free and has an organic flair. The soda, paired with the well-defined, clean smelling, very high quality shower gel with unfamiliar aquatic wood-like scents, then creates this modern scent image.

This is a fragrance which I would wear everyday maybe even just "for others" as I can imagine this fragrance would work well in almost any setting as it comes across as friendly and positive.
Jazzbob
Synthetic in the best sense (but not only)
Pure natural fragrances often have the disadvantage of already seeming too dense - synthetics can help lighten them up, make them lighter. And then there is a wide world in between, as Akigalawood shows. The fragrance is fractionated from patchouli oil, removing its more grungy facets and ultimately creating a very different impression. Bois Impérial is heavily influenced by it and various synthetic components, so much so that - as many here have already noted - the comparison to Escentric Molecules suggests itself. The important difference is revealed in the fact that the latter often seem too soulless to me, while here the balancing act between synthetic and nature succeeds.

What I liked during the first tests, is the fact that the fragrance already seems rather simple, but I could still filter out each time different nuances, which I had not noticed before or hardly. To begin with, there is not only the combination of the citrusy freshness, which is neither too sharp nor too sweet, with the dry woodiness (1), which is present from beginning to end, but also a very subtle floral component (2). This doesn't make Bois Impérial seem floral, but it does add brightness and some richness that would otherwise be lacking. Green freshness fits in just as well, whereby the vetiver note does not come across at all classic-old-fashioned, as is sometimes the case.

(1) Ambrofix = Ambroxan: If you know Molecule 02, you know what I mean.
(2) Petalia: "rose-like with nuances of lily of the valley." I would have thought of Hedion next to it.

The fragrance seems therefore consistently bright and transparent, because no heavy components complement the base accord, but with Georgywood (= Iso E Super) and Akigalawood always maintain an airy texture. The latter note is difficult to describe, as it still has slightly earthy and green facets of patchouli, but just seems much lighter and cleaner. With Supræ of Aether (even drier) or Nisean of Parfums de Marly (darker, balsamic), for example, you can also perceive it well.

My girlfriend does not like the fragrance, by the way, because she immediately had the association with something pickled. Maybe that comes from the slight acidity and some spice. Now I feel the fragrance as a little softer than at the beginning, where I saw the dry-woody side as the most dominant. Possibly it needs some time to 'settle in'. For everyday wear, Bois Impérial is optimal as the longevity is really extremely good - especially on clothes. The sillage can also be easily underestimated and I have therefore rated it with 7, because you are not slain by the transparent effect of the fragrance, but he radiates at the same time relatively far.

Also, an important question with perfumes is how they make you feel when you wear them: Bois Impérial has on the one hand this light-hearted, universally wearable, on the other hand, the fragrance definitely has a mood-lifting effect
Marical
Quentin Bisch realizes his dream to create a fragrance around Akigalawood
Bois Essential combines familiar notes with an unfamiliar approach and a very energetic, contemporary performance.
The result is a lively, transparent and green-woody fragrance. Neither strictly vetiver, nor strictly patchouli or cedar. Rather in between and in a very non-obvious way.

The smart choice.
I am not very open to write reviews as I do not own the gift of words but I received today this Bois Imperial, due to the hype around it and also because I am a BIG fan of Marc Antoine Barrois (specially B683 and also its Extrait) and a Quentin Bisch gruppy XDD so I could not help coming to Parfumo to share my happyness.
This fragrance might not be nothing new in modern perfumery but from the moment I opened the package received from Le Secret du Marais (wich by the way took less than 24h to get my order, send it and receive it) you perceive Essential Parfums is a smart brand. The package is simple but effective, made out of recycled material in a interesting way, making it simple,easy but most important CHEAP! yes CHEAP! That will let the money focused on what really matters....and what is it¿? THE PERFUME.
I see a clear connection with Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford.....yes Grey Vetiver and to be more accurate I would say EDP. I can tell a nice vetiver, not sweet, I would say dry......kinda smokey-mild.....but also reminds me of something I have smelled before.....what is it......beside Tom Fords....wow this is elegant......uhmmm......nice......what is it.......wich other fragrance I had that smell pretty close to this one.........DAMN!!!!!! ROJA DOVE VETIVER EDP!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS! Thats it!!!!
It is a simple, easy, not intrusive, long lasting, elegant and manly fragance that has an awesome price for 100ml (68€ with discount but 72€ in their own webpage) nice packaging......I can not expect more from the price paid. It is the smartest choice I have encountered in years of purchasing fragrances.
Many say that comes close to Ganymede, not to me. To my nose Ganymede is like B683 but brighter and lighter.
Very satisfied :)

EDIT: This is by far my most complimented fragrance in my huge collection. I gifted one to my brother who LOVES it and many friends of mine have asked about it.
Lovely...i will be purchasing a back up bottle just in case is reformulated haha!

DraxlerDraxler 10 months ago
It is not a very complex fragrance but still, as a fragrance to pair with a suit or elegant shirt it is perfect.
SteelerOperaSteelerOpera 10 months ago
Sampled from Indigo Perfumery. At $75-instant purchase! Great fresh/woody frag w/very good performance. A modern vetiver w/an herbal twist.

by GewoonBB
by Robertocalis
by TheScenter
by TheScenter

Popular Essential Parfums

Divine Vanille by Essential Parfums The Musc by Essential Parfums Nice Bergamote by Essential Parfums Rose Magnetic by Essential Parfums Mon Vetiver by Essential Parfums Orange x Santal by Essential Parfums