Cinnabar 2015

Version from 2015
Cinnabar (2015) by Estēe Lauder
Cinnabar (2015) is a popular perfume by Estēe Lauder for women and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesJasmine, Tangerine, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Lily, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Frankincense

Submitted by MisterRossi, last update on 08.11.2020.

TIA1971
"Don't make such a fuss here!"

...that was a saying that my mother liked to use when you guys got too much of anything we kids did and it came back to me just today when I unwrapped the souped-up scent.

I discovered this scent in the 80s and of course "wise...ßerisch", as a teen is sometimes called, I associated the name of the scent with this saying and told it to my mother.

Her dry explanation: "A lot of fuss for something as unimportant as perfume!"

That's when I lost my breath! At that time, I was never really mouth dead, but I couldn't think of anything else. Perfume! Unimportant???? Are you serious?! It doesn't matter! Pah! "Tamtam" fits perfectly, the scent makes(s) a lot of tamtam!!! Just right for a loud rebellious teen like me! There! "Tamtam" was my middle name at that time...I wanted it so much, but too expensive for a student...grmpf...

As I mentioned at one point or another, however, it was unimportant for my mother. A scent, always only for "special occasions", more she did not need.

But now to Cinnabar himself: I actually liked the scent a lot back then, but everything always turned around. He was already strong, a real "Haudraufduft" and therefore I always got headaches from it. I couldn't afford it, and if there was a tester somewhere, it was always up there. Later, my beloved obelisk came into my collection, also such a beautiful "spice scent", which I also (v)endured better and so Cinnabar was done for me for the time being.

Clove, sandalwood and for me the cinnamon which is no longer mentioned in the list...simply wonderful. Now here at Parfumo I had to test it again, which I did half a year ago for the first time in a long time. On the way back from the office quickly into a perfumery, the bottle searched and not found, because it looks different today, then just discovered and zack, zack, spray ... örgks ... Unfortunately I suddenly no longer liked it at all. How could that be? Maybe too many other smells around me? The tester's out of order? Something's wrong here. I left then, because the price has it in it for me already, so well, then we simply forget this smell. Hook it, that's it.

Of course I've read a bit more detailed here, yes, the bottle looks different, the scent is probably different today, only the name...bad and sad...well good.

Since then I have always thought, however, there must be a bottle and I must lead that to me again to Gemüte. So my fragrance preferences have not changed and certainly the fragrance is not changed at all, as it seemed to me during the "test in the cascade", so I went on the search in the souk. Today finally came the bottle, zack open and zisch and aaaaah .... yes ... fine ... super .... but it works! Son comes around the corner, a benevolent nod, hmmmm...here it smells great! Hah! If my son doesn't "stink" or "choke", then that means something, so everything is done right for me.

Yes, it weakens in contrast to the old version, the Sillage is quite quickly dismantled. Yes, he is missing something, certainly the aldehyde, certainly something else, but: It is unmistakably Cinnabar and I can stand him. No headaches, no dizziness...I'm newly in love with the new version of Cinnabar!

by Blaustern
by Blaustern

Popular Estēe Lauder

Private Collection (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe by Estēe Lauder Amber Mystique by Estēe Lauder Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Knowing (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Cinnabar (1978) (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Aliage (1972) / Alliage by Estēe Lauder Lauder for Men (Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Beautiful (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Sensuous Noir by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estēe Lauder White Linen (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estēe Lauder Azurēe (2015) by Estēe Lauder Estēe (1968) (Super Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Youth-Dew (Perfume) by Estēe Lauder Sensuous (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Wood Mystique by Estēe Lauder Bronze Goddess 2008 by Estēe Lauder