Pleasures 1995Eau de Parfum

Pleasures (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Pleasures (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Estēe Lauder for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Violet leaf, White lily
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Karo Karounde, Pink pepper, Rose, Black lilac, White peony
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.10.2020.

Pinkdawn
Abba was never really mine
Some perfumes come into your life quite unexpectedly. Such as Pleasures, which came to me unexpectedly a few years ago. Wrapped up in pretty Christmas paper. Because it was a gift from the mother of my boyfriend at the time. Why she had just chosen Pleasures for me, I don't know
Normally I am not enthusiastic when I get perfumes as a gift without being asked, because unfortunately they usually don't suit my taste. In this sense I didn't expect much from Pleasures. So I immediately ripped open the package irreverently and sprayed on it, whereupon a completely non-Christmas, flowery spring scent spread in my apartment. Yes, it smelled like garden blossoms and flowers in the beautiful month of May or so. The scent was pleasant, sweet, but not too sweet, fresh and above all flowery. I was positively surprised. I found this eau de parfum quite wearable, suitable for everyday use and pleasing. So I used the fragrance quickly. There was no reason to save it or use it only on special occasions. So my little bottle was soon empty. And Pleasures was forgotten
Again some years went into the country, there I suddenly got longing for this scent - and bought it for me. Just a 30-ml bottle that fits comfortably into any handbag.

From time to time I like to wear a lovely, good floral fragrance, especially in spring. ...when I usually go to the Champs-Elysées or the Pleasures. Interestingly enough, both perfumes were created in chronological proximity to each other. Pleasures was first there, Champs-Élysees followed in 1996, just under a year later, and already contained the then so popular fruit aromas of peach and blackcurrant, which, however, remained somewhat shyly in the background.

In the composition of the two there are some similarities like violet, lilac, peony and sandalwood. Violets and lilacs always appeal to me. So also in Pleasures.

You spray this scent - and suddenly it's spring. You find yourself in a blooming garden. Birds are chirping, the sun is laughing, you are sitting on a swing and enjoying your life. Pleasures - that is exhilaration, joie de vivre, fun in spring. A very feminine fragrance that automatically makes you think of pastel colours and dresses with swinging skirts made of light, transparent fabrics in pink or creamy white.

Compared to the much quieter and gentler Champs-Élysees, Pleasures is, so to speak, the American version of a flowery spring scent - that is, clear in its message, easily perceived and straightforward. In other words: it hardly changes at all.

I spray it on and find myself in the middle of a bouquet of lilac blossoms, lilies, peonies and violets. At the beginning the fragrance appears fresher, with green notes and violet leaf, but very soon it goes into medias res. There the full program begins with jasmine, rose and lilac.
It is a cheerful fragrance without much depth or subtlety. But it doesn't want to be sophisticated or intellectual. It's like a cheesy Abba song that tells of a beautiful, wholesome world.
This can be comforting or unbearably banal - depending on the mood you are in at the moment.

Fragrance bombs such as jasmine and rose manage to make the otherwise rather elitist white lily here appear not at all elitist. The peony, which has been tried and tested in this respect, provides the necessary romanticism
Today I wore Pleasures again after a long time. I still smell of American Spring and Abba bliss, but somehow it seems to me now that the fragrance has had its best time. It seems very banal to me now. I don't notice any development, not even the sandalwood in the base note is noticeable to me. To me this fragrance suddenly seems old-fashioned. I don't think I will wear it often this spring. I have bought something more sophisticated for it, with more depth: Guerlain's Insolence, with its subtle hint of violet, and Hermés' Un Jardin sur le Toit, which is very subtle. I'm looking for the olfactory challenge, so to speak, a fragrance that inspires me. In this sense, I have probably outgrown the spring garden and the swing. And Abba was never really mine
A pity
For a long time, i.e. over 2 decades, I have been observing the rapidly declining quality of this once so beautiful fragrance. Yes, for me it has slipped faster and faster into the inferior in recent years - and by that I don't mean tilted! I simply noticed that even with a newly bought bottle, the scent on the skin, which once shone so beautifully and for so long, faded very quickly, even though I always stored it according to the instructions.

When I came to Parfumo in May, the focus was clearly on all the new fragrances there were still to discover and "Pleasures" was somewhat pushed into the background. Nevertheless I bought him again together with other new perfumes - just because he had already so worn off again (although just 1 year old) and I wanted to try it again. I was of the opinion, if from now on also more variety, I would never exclude him completely from the circle of my darlings!

And if I found him somehow "funny", maybe he had suffered somehow after all? So, as I said, buy it again and dispose of the old one. This fragrance, acquired 3 months ago, I have today subjected to a close examination. Because I suddenly felt like it again, especially since the thermometer doesn't climb that high anymore.

What a disappointment. Pale, degenerated to a little 0815 - water, the whole magic had already evaporated after 2 hours so far that even burying the nose in my arm hardly brought a noteworthy fragrance experience. What a disappointment.

After this experience - or rather, after not experiencing it at all - my longest lasting love of fragrance has finally died for me. The bottle is still ¾ full and the perfume is definitely not tilted, at least that's not how it smells. But what Pleasures once was is simply no longer in existence - unfortunately. Even though my nose may have become a bit more demanding today, this is definitely not what it used to be. "Too bad" is on the tombstone I want to put for him with this commi here. Because Pleasures has its best years behind it and is really no pleasure anymore. He's still flowering around a little meaningless and then - shoo! - disappeared. Each drugstore fragrance lasts longer.

Other commissioners from the last years already suggested that, but I didn't want to admit it. Who wants to look so closely when an old love dies.

Or, maybe I'm wrong too and had bad luck a few times in a row for unknown reasons. Therefore my question to the 170 Pleasures owners of the community: are you similar? That wouldn't change anything, but shared suffering...

That sounds dramatic now, but who better than you to understand that a fragrance that you have worn for many years and that has accompanied you through thick and thin can be like a door to old and almost forgotten memories. A door that has now closed forever. ?

Well. At least the bottle was by far the ugliest in my collection.

Germanblonde
Like a stroll through a dewy meadow
This is very lovely and always gets me in a good mood. It is playful, breezy and dewy. A clean, flowery scent that is neither boring (like so many other flower scents out there), nor screechy, but very flattering and super feminine. Perfect for a picnic or a stroll through a meadow, barefoot and in a summer dress that caresses your ankles gently with every step you take.
3.5

Wet Diaper?
The first thing I thought when I sprayed this on is that it smelled like a wet diaper. It began as a very watery, powdery scent, and dried down to a more floral-powdery scent. The base notes are nice, however they fade quickly and then there is nothing left. Pleasures seems to last no longer than five minutes on me, and the scent itself, while not necessarily unpleasant, isn't all that impressive.

Daisyvision
Starts off like a spring rain...
A bright, cheerful springtime scent - with clean, almost soapy green notes, paired with light, airy, somewhat aquatic florals. Rose is particularly prominent here, even more so as it settles. Starts off like a spring rain, leaving behind beautiful blooming blossoms in its wake.

Pleasures
I'm Picturing Late Spring May Walking
through the tall Grass with Pink Flowers
Yellow and white Daisies over me and the playling of the Beatles Song
Here There and Everywhere playing softly
in the backround. and then you lay on the grass feeling it Between your Fingers enjoying the scent of flowers
basking in the warm but not hot Sun.

Clean and feminine
There must be something about the way Estee Lauder manufactures her fragrances, because there is always a distinctive note that I can detect in every one of her perfumes.

I think Pleasures is a lovely floral, everyday scent. It's just so light and pretty that it's hard not to be drawn to this fragrance. I think anyone past their teen years would smell lovely wearing this. It is in no way an "old lady scent" like some people assume it might be.

Like all Estee Lauder fragrances, Pleasures has great lasting power, so great that you can still smell the scent 24 hours after applying it. However, I think the price is a little outrageous, which is the only thing about Pleasures that bothers me. It's a nice fragrance, but not one I'm prepared to pay $120 AUD for.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Clean, pure, light : a symbol of Nineties minimalism. But it on my skin the result is "not pleasant"

by HsChen
by HsChen
by Sherapop
by Sherapop
by Sarah86
by Sarah86
by Kwad
by Kwad
Feines Grün mit blumigem Herzen!
by Olentia
by Schahram
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Estēe Lauder

Private Collection (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe by Estēe Lauder Amber Mystique by Estēe Lauder Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Knowing (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Cinnabar (1978) (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Lauder for Men (Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Aliage (1972) / Alliage by Estēe Lauder Beautiful (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Sensuous Noir by Estēe Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estēe Lauder White Linen (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe (2015) by Estēe Lauder Estēe (1968) (Super Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Youth-Dew (Perfume) by Estēe Lauder Sensuous (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Wood Mystique by Estēe Lauder Bronze Goddess 2008 by Estēe Lauder