Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia (2007)

Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estēe Lauder
Compare Prices
Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia is a popular perfume by Estēe Lauder for women and was released in 2007. The scent is flowery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Harry Frémont

Top Notes Top NotesLilac, Neroli, Rosewood
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Jasmine, White lily, Orange blossom, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Carnation

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.12.2016

The Battle of the Flowers
The show opens with Tuberose in the blue corner. She stands first in the ring, allowing me to enjoy her true beauty. I bask in her full splendour, the heavy, creamy scent, and I am carried away to tropical places, filled with sunshine and blue skies, the air sweet with the aroma of white flowers. This glorious bliss lasts for a good 5 to 10 minutes. I have to admit, I am a fan. But then Gardenia makes her entrance, taking her spot in the red corner. She jumps into the ring with a blast; she is strong, aggressive, sharp, bitter even, demanding all the attention. And she gets all the attention, her presence commands all eyes on her, making me forget that Tuberose was the queen of the show until just a moment ago. This makes me realize that I am not a big fan of Gardenia. I like her when she is shy, subtle, remains in the background where she doesn't stand out and blends harmoniously with the group. It is at this point that I think that I don't want to be a witness to something this ugly, so I decide to leave the stage (my arm) and let those two ladies fight it out between themselves, behind closed doors (under my sleeve). Yes, I am a coward, I flee the scene.
After a few hours, curiosity gets a hold of me, I want to know the results. Slowly I open the doors, afraid of the carnage I might encounter. It is quiet inside, and I am thrilled to find my lovely Tuberose still standing. She is weakened, but still there, dominating Gardenia, who probably used all her energy in her powerful entrance and ended up being trampled on all over.
I was rooting for Tuberose, and she won the battle, so it's all good in the end, but I am not sure that I want to see such a violent fight again. I probably won't watch the re-broadcast.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Delicious and creamy white florals
Estee Lauder and myself have had our ups and downs. Only recently I have become aquainted with, and fallen in love with her Sensuous range, and now I'm experiencing the same kind of feeling all over again with her exclusive Private Collection.

Tuberose Gardenia is utterly breath-taking. I'm so fussy when it comes to white florals, yet this fragrance leaves me feeling content and at peace with the world. The secret lies with its beautiful floral smoothness and somewhat glamourous feel.

The white floral notes compliment one another beautifully. Gardenia, tuberose, orange blossom and lily, although quite moist and green upon first application, settle so elegantly on the skin in a rather creamy fashion, that makes me feel like an ancient Goddess in all her golden splendour.

There is a slight medicinal characteristic in this blend, however I don't find it particularly off-putting. I much prefer Tuberose Gardenia over the more "natural" white floral offerings from niche houses. A mild, vanillary sweetness and soft woods, combined with the white floral bouquet, evokes a strong sense of luxury.

I wore Tuberose Gardenia to a romantic dinner date a few nights ago, and was flabbergasted by how attracted my man was to my perfume. He went so far to say that I smelt like an angel. I must admit, that his reaction may be due to its floral femininity and cuddly nature. It would actually make a perfect choice for a bride on her wedding day.

The longevity and sillage are superb, which adds an extra star in terms of rating. I am truly enraptured by Tuberose Gardenia. It is everything I hoped it would be and more. I can't wait to get my hands on a full bottle.
jtd
Deconstruction.
The gardenia at the opening of this perfume smells remarkably like the real deal. In the topnotes, the gardenia and the tuberose circle each other at a short distance, but each remains distinct. The topnotes, though, have one of the shortest half-lives ever found in perfumery. Very soon, a blended white floral with a large tannic note becomes dominant. The white floral is smartly non-specific. It remains unidentifiable, but gives a rounded, creamy quality that harkens back to the gardenia of the topnotes. I can’t quite make out whether the tannic quality and the creamy aspect of the floral balance or oppose each other, but I suspect that this duality is what holds together the almost ghostly frame of the gardenia illusion that lasts into the drydown.

What started as an olfactorealistic gardenia note in the opening becomes an abstract distillation of a few of the elements that were apparently used to compose the gardenia note. There is a creaminess that suggest texture and the feel of umami that suggest a taste. We witness that taking apart of the gardenia that we’re given at the outset. The gardenia doesn’t fall apart, it is stripped before our eyes (noses.) The perfume transitions from a rather forceful prettiness to a tight-lipped handsomeness. An amazing exercise, and a compelling scent.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Dry Gardenia (Tuberose)
Estee Lauder Private Collection TUBEROSE GARDENIA is a relatively simple floral perfume to my nose. Although a number of flowers are present, the most salient by far is the gardenia, which is neither very creamy (as in Marc Jacobs' presentations) nor very sharp (as in Chanel GARDENIA, among others). The gardenia in this composition strikes me instead as quite dry, which may be a result of some of the other flowers in play, especially neroli.

The tuberose is much less pronounced, so if I were to name this creation, I would have called it GARDENIA TUBEROSE, rather than vice versa. In any case, although this is a perfectly fine floral composition, I do not personally feel that it is better than the less expensive gardenia-focused fragrances available for considerably less money, so I won't be actively attempting to add this one to my collection, though I'm sure that I'd wear it, if I happened to have a bottle!

Popular Estēe Lauder

Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Pleasures by Estēe Lauder Sensuous Noir by Estēe Lauder Sensuous (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Amber Mystique by Estēe Lauder Private Collection (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder White Linen (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Knowing by Estēe Lauder Sensuous Nude by Estēe Lauder Cinnabar (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Modern Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Beyond Paradíse by Estēe Lauder Azurēe by Estēe Lauder Beautiful (Eau de Toilette) by Estēe Lauder Wood Mystique by Estēe Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estēe Lauder Bronze Goddess (2008) (Eau Fraîche) by Estēe Lauder Spellbound (1991) (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Aliage (1972) / Alliage by Estēe Lauder