Sensuous 2008Eau de Parfum

Sensuous (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder
Bottle Design Lloyd & Co
Sensuous (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Estēe Lauder for women and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-floral. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Annie Buzantian

Top Notes Top NotesJasmine, Lily, Magnolia, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Melted Woods NaturePrint®
Base Notes Base NotesBlack pepper, Sandalwood, Honey, Mandarin nectar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.09.2020.

ElysaShades
When the first rays of the sun cautiously peeked out...
Sensuous is my March scent. I have found that I always reach for it when it is slowly getting a little warmer. When it's already so warm at lunchtime that you can leave your jacket open and no longer just shiver when you're on your way to the customer.

Sensuous warms like a winter scent, but not quite as strong. It is a little more subtle, a little lighter than the oriental buzz. Interestingly enough, there is hardly any scent on my skin. I smell this scent which is called "melted woods" here. This means something woody, framed by soft amber and sweet honey. This gives the impression that the woods are hot and melted. A good idea. But otherwise not too much happens here. Flowers and tangerine nectar you can imagine, in the course of the fragrance I mean to perceive some magnolia and ylang ylang, black pepper I unfortunately don't find with a lot of imagination. It would have been very interesting as a counterbalance.

Sensuous is a really simply knitted cuddly scent. Hardly anything exciting happens here, but it radiates warmth and friendliness. Perfect for work and travel, if you don't want to be constantly distracted by an opulent fragrance. I can also recommend it to gentlemen. In my opinion, it is neither clearly feminine nor masculine enough
My skin but better
First of all, I have to say that I don't really like woody scents that much about myself. Sensuous is an exception. However, it would also be a cheek to simply call it a woody scent, because there is so much more!
The fragrance is quite linear. There is sandalwood from the beginning to the end and not too little of it. To the very creamy sandalwood mixes a delicate sweetness, which possibly comes from the honey, whereby I cannot smell this concretely, and the light spice of the pepper. This combination works surprisingly well because the sweet notes and pepper are so restrained that the dominant sandalwood tolerates them next to it. This results in a very harmonious composition of woody, creamy, sweet and spicy.
The flowery notes, which are supposed to be in there, remain completely hidden from me - but it doesn't matter, it works well without them. In the drydown I perceive it as a bit soapy.
Sensuous is a warm, cozy, timeless and elegant fragrance that suits every weather and occasion, but without being trivial. It reminds me of sun-warmed skin after spending the whole day outside.
The durability is quite good at me, I can perceive it good 8 hours. The Sillage is rather body-hugging, which in my opinion also fits the concept of the fragrance. And on some days I really don't want to be "raked" at a long distance.
If you are interested in Tom Ford's Santal Blush, you can smell Sensuous before and save a few Euros. There are definitely no identical fragrances, but there is already an unmistakable similarity.
By the way, I feel that the fragrance is absolutely unisex.

No energy, no provocation
When Lauder released "Sensuous" in 2008, I had high hopes and was eager to try it. But it was not as special as I had expected, acceptable, but not a landmark like creations from the past. It has nothing of the provocative energy of "Spellbound" or the promising exoticism of "Cinnabar", let alone the daring sex-appeal of Youth Dew (realeased 60 years ago!). "Sensuous" seems to opt for a "middle-of-the-road" kind of mediocrity.
In the base, Lauder makes use of polysantol, hence the disturbing artificial sandalwood smell. "Sensuous" is devoid of surprises, but at least it is not vulgar and quite wearable. Nevertheless I thought Estee Lauder could do better.

Good but not great
I have mixed feelings about Sensuous. It's a pleasant, warm & woody skin scent. The pepper and honey accords are spot-on for current trends. However, the opening is so .... blah. I often have trouble with Estee Lauder florals, especially the white ones, and Sensuous is no exception. Thankfully, the florals subside in about 20 minutes and disappear in about 45 ... but still.

The pepper is warm in this fragrance, whereas it's a bit sharp in Sensuous Noir. I had Sensuous Noir on my wishlist but decided to go with Sensuous when I decided that Noir was really a one season scent. Prolly should have stuck with Noir, which doesn't seem to irritate my sensitivity to white florals, even if the pepper has a bit too much kick.

My overall assessment - Good but not great. Regardless, definitely worth sampling. Hopefully marks a turn in what we can see out of fragrances at EL. One could hope.

Sensuous
Starts off very sexy with warm woods and Honey
Delecate petals of magnolia blooms with a seductivly
sweet scent and it's stately elegance then dries with lily with a tingere of spiciness Jasmine floats shyly giving a greenish herbalness which is suble, Then turns synthtic giving an impression of Sugar got stuck in some plastic but it's bearable and in fact
what makes it for what it is, Amber is pronuanced
in sensuous and gives off a sweetness which it can
be Cloying at times I can detect Cinnamon dry and
semi-sweet when mixed with the note of pepper conjours a delectable and sensual aroma The drydown is my favorite Sandalwood adds a inner fire to a
icy and refined flagon, Sensuous has a Luminosity
an innerglow that is comfident without aggression
Sexy but not smut it gives suble hints no tacky
bright colors or designs just simple and elegant.

bloodflower
winnie the pooh in the woods
Estee Lauder is a house I don't seem to get along with well, well at least this was the case until Sensuous..
Sensuous is definitely a warm cozy perfume, this two words describe it briefly very correctly. There is a lovely sweetness from the honey, yet it is not at all sickening or nauseating, i think the florals and mostly the woods really soothe it a lot.
The biggest secret in this composition should sandalwood, which I personally enjoy very much, it gives the scennt a different dimension, it makes it more woodier than sweet. Actually I think if you love Samsara, there are big chances you will enjoy this pretty fragrance as well..
I, particularly reach for it whenever it is freezing cold outside and I need something cozy, it is always my first choice, and I enjoy it very much whenever I wear it..
I would also want to add that this one, the original one is the best version of the whole sensuous line, i really didnt care for the patchouli loaded noir..

Smooth woods
I have a dear friend that adores this scent, so I urged myself to try Sensuous to see what all the fuss was about.

Well, Sensuous is certainly a pleasant and soft scent, however I can't say that it struck me as very original or outstanding.

When I first applied this fragrance, I was turned off by its strong opening which was rather headache-inducing. I waited quite impatiently for this initial blast to soften into a powdery and spicy scent, which was nice but not something I was overly keen on.

To be completely honest, the only aspect of this fragrance which I found truly 'sensuous' was the drydown in my opinion, which was woodsy with touches of vanilla, spice and warmth. I couldn't sense the sweet honey note, which I'm rather quite glad about, because I don't believe it would have embodied this scent well.

This fragrance may not appeal to my tastes, however I can see why people love it. It's cozy and soothing, something I could imagine someone wearing with a cashmere wool sweater and sipping a mug of hot chocolate while reading a dusty old book. As you can tell by my description, Sensuous is not a loud, sexy or outrageous fragrance, it's just a simple scent with a quiet yet charming presence.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 22 months ago
Warm, sensual and Woody with a swwet honey touch, it's a love potion and a pleasure for the senses. Good sillage. Perfect in the mid season
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Misnamed. Nothing sensuous about woods that turn sour on my skin. And too much pepper.

Algarve, Praia da Falesia Alfamar, am Adriana Beach Hotel
by Irini
Einsamer weitläufiger Sandstrand mit roten Felsformationen in Algarve. Praia da Falesia Alfamar, nah an Albufeira.
by Zora
by Cocolinchen
by Anninii
by Anninii

Popular Estēe Lauder

Private Collection (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe by Estēe Lauder Amber Mystique by Estēe Lauder Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Cinnabar (1978) (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Knowing (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Lauder for Men (Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Aliage (1972) / Alliage by Estēe Lauder Sensuous Noir by Estēe Lauder Beautiful (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estēe Lauder White Linen (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estēe Lauder Estēe (1968) (Super Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe (2015) by Estēe Lauder Bronze Goddess 2008 by Estēe Lauder Wood Mystique by Estēe Lauder Azurēe Soleil by Estēe Lauder Modern Muse Nuit by Estēe Lauder