White Linen 1978 Parfum

White Linen (Parfum) by Estēe Lauder
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
8.9 / 10 22 Ratings
White Linen (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Estēe Lauder for women and was released in 1978. The scent is floral-fresh. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top Notes Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose JasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Heart Notes Heart Notes Orris rootOrris root VioletViolet CarnationCarnation
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber MossMoss VetiverVetiver

Perfumers

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 14.03.2022.
Variant of the fragrance concentration
This is a variant of the perfume White Linen (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder, which differs in concentration.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Powder-pure shimmers

Small blossoms sway
In freshly sachtem wind

The horizon hazily blurring
In a breath of bright green

From far away
A soft fruity breeze

Almost still it whispers
In the tender branches

Shadows fall softly
Into the soft young moss

Thoughts drift
White clouds like
Vintage Summer.....
I had all but forgotten about this perfume, which I first received as a gift 20 years ago. Somehow it popped back up on my radar when I was looking for different summer scents to wear.

I unwrapped the precious bottle and was torn - how could I have forgotten such a light, clean, airy scent?
It's pefect for summer wear and a wonderful blend of sweet honey and floral scents.

I admit to being a fan in the eighties for this wonderful fragrance. In every handbag I had this little square bottle. The scent lasts reasonably well.

Unfortunately, you can no longer buy this originating scent. The newer variants of White Linen smell not nearly so wonderfully clean.

Spring morning sunshine
The parfum is the only version of White Linen that I can wear and enjoy, I have always found the edp a little too sharp. I have a small amount of the parfum, and it's wonderful - it may be a well-worn cliché, but I really do think it smells just like clean laundry drying in the morning sun, under the blue sky, in a garden full of flowers, in spring or early summer. Cool and warm at the same time, elegant, but still easy to wear. I think of it as mainly an aldehydic perfume supported by flowers, but the floral notes are so well blended that I cannot really pick them out separately. Rose stands out a little more than the others, and although it's not listed above, I believe I smell lilac. Same thing with the base notes, it all just melts together to a pleasant, fresh and natural sweetness. I don't wear it often, but sometimes on sunny mornings in spring, it feels like just the right choice. My teenage daughter loves it too!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

9 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Estēe Lauder

Private Collection (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Youth-Dew (Perfume) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe by Estēe Lauder Azurēe (2015) by Estēe Lauder Cinnabar (1978) (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Amber Mystique by Estēe Lauder Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Knowing (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Lauder for Men (Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Beautiful (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Aliage (1972) / Alliage by Estēe Lauder Sensuous Noir by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estēe Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estēe Lauder Estēe (1968) (Super Cologne) by Estēe Lauder White Linen (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Wood Mystique by Estēe Lauder Sensuous (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection (Perfume) by Estēe Lauder