Youth-Dew Eau de Parfum

Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder
Bottle Design Ira Levy

Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Estēe Lauder for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Lavender, Narcissus, Orange, Peach, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Cassia, Clove, Carnation, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orchid, Ylang-ylang, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver, Tolu balm, Peru balsam, Musk, Frankincense

Submitted by Sani, last update on 07.04.2020.

10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Bottle

Zirkonia85
Beauty elixir for every age
With this extraordinary and out of this day and age fragrance, the wearer, as the fragrance is very well suited for men, carries a seductive and elegant beauty into these currently sometimes grey days.

For me, the fragrance is the epitome of an emancipated and free person who, despite all the shortcomings and limitations that each of us has, feels unique, out of place and simply beautiful and radiates this.

The elegance of the fragrance begins with the first spray in the top note due to the perfectly coordinated opulence of bergamot, orange and peach. The spices give the fragrance that certain something of temperament and luxury. I personally don't perceive the rose note mentioned above in the same way, as they are probably wonderfully outshone by the jasmine and spices. In the direction of the base, the fragrance on my skin gains depth and the slightly weakening spices are beautifully complemented by patchouli and frankincense. But there is also a slightly mossy underground. All in all it is a very nice warm and exclusive and very long-lasting fragrance that I like to wear in autumn and winter. One should be careful with the dosage, because this sweetheart is very potent and less in this case is more, this only increases the effect of the fragrance.

The wearer should have a minimum of self-confidence, as this fragrance will attract attention wherever you go.

All in all a very irresistible scent for me. I still have three bunker bottles to be on the safe side! (with my quite large collection of more than 250 scents you can see that I like this scent very much and I am positively biased), you never know if there might be a delivery bottleneck.
10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Bottle

DrGourmand
The seductive power of women!
I see you you my princess, my beauty, my desire, I see you!
Delicate, small and vulnerable are you in your translucent, ankle-length dress, which, held only by the fine and noble bow, gently envelops your dark body. The golden loop flickers around the delicate waist and the long, blonde hair lies on the slim shoulders. It sparkles, crowned by a narrow tiara, in the sun. In the reflecting robe you stand for the longing in my heart, like a goddess in the light, beautiful, virginal and worth protecting.

I dreamed of you my pretty, girlish princess and I know you've been waiting for me your brave prince for a long time. But dreams are one thing and so I heard a lot about you before we were promised a birthday. They say you're mysterious, contemplative and already very mature. You stand above the things with your self-confident, festive appearances and powerful elegance. It is said that by your nature you are highly erotic and of mature sexuality, rather demanding and yet full of devotion. You could do well with women, but men would be your passion. I like my previous dream of you and I like very much what people say about you.

Already your first kiss makes me stagger, but it is rather a sibling, a tender touch right and left. This leaves a dry cloud of flowery powder, spicy fragrance of overripe, dried fruits and the intensely spicy parts of the floral notes. The sweet and floral aspects are rather secondary. An oriental-warm composition with a very rich, exotic-aromatic character that comes from the heart. The slightly dominating carnation-cinnamon aroma is quickly absorbed by the dusty smoky incense and much warm balsam, in addition a simple vanilla note, dried flowers and fat earth form the warming feel-good blanket, which covers the existing dark, sweaty, erotic and animal aroma of the background very closely. A second, intimate kiss from my beloved was helpful and necessary. In this sense, our first warmhearted relationship after many hours, accompanied by earthy-smoky spice aromas and mossy-moist, now somewhat sweetish animalism, is coming to an end.

You are now my little lover with me, but you are not my girl, my princess and should not be it either. But I am your prince, your protector, your shoulder to lean on for strong women! So you won't need me much if I want to be with you. Therefore also be my Femme Fragile and I will read every wish from your eyes, be my Femme Fatale and I will fulfill your orders. For me be my vamp or my cocotte and I lay the world at your feet, which you could also conquer alone. Let me be your equal, for only with such partners can you be the queen you have always been!
8.5/10 Scent 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Bottle

Antigone and the Dew of Youth
My ma wore Youth Dew for a while - which I liked to see in her.

Although I am clearly younger than her, the dew of youth stood better to her face than to me.

But when I was about to go to the theatre, I dressed up - and found this elegant fragrance to match my chosen wardrobe.

I came to sit next to an acquaintance in the theatre - but she greeted me coolly with the words: What kind of scent is that? But it's hard !
I answered embarrassingly touched, that was the scent of my ma.
The acquaintance replied with regret: Mamma mia.

While the overambitious Antigone stomped across the stage and stirred up a lot of dust, I enjoyed my spicy flowery scent, which I had sparingly dosed.
I found that its fullness was a match for antiquity - and also for the stirring game of Antigone .

When we got up for a break, the acquaintance spoke to me again.
She smiled and let me know that she now likes my fragrance Aura very much after all.

Youth Dew - she must remember.
In the beginning it was too spicy for her - but now the floweriness, embedded in cinnamon and vanilla, is what she likes.

Yes, Youth Dew needs time to fully unfold.

When Eva left the theatre she stuck me up again :
So Youth dew - right?

She had judged prematurely - and a play had to be watched until the end.
Then it makes sense.
9.5/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Bottle

The fountain of youth
It was already very late in the evening. She sat in her bedroom in front of the dressing table, looked in the mirror and brushed her still long, but meanwhile white and fine hair. She had already grown very, very old. After her ninetieth birthday, she had stopped counting. She had survived her husband, who was her greatest love, and even her only child. Life hasn't been nice for her for a long time. Her body hurt and her soul became darker and darker. She already knew in the morning that this day would end differently than usual. She still had a date with an old, trusted friend she felt somehow. She wanted to look good for it. So she started putting on makeup. Not much, just a little. A little lipstick, mascara and powder. Just like old times. A lot sooner! And she wanted to smell good for her date. So she reached for the slim bottle with the small golden bow. She hadn't used it in decades. There wasn't much left in him, but it would be enough for tonight. She looked at herself again in the mirror before closing her eyes and perfuming herself with the scent. Gently the fragrant fog lay on them. And with her eyes still closed, a soft sigh of contentment came from her!

When she opened her eyes again, she looked at herself again in the mirror. She looked into another reflection. She wasn't old and frail anymore. She was young and beautiful again. Her skin was smooth, flawless and soft like a peach. The long, wavy hair was reddish brown, full and shiny in the most spicy colors of the Orient. The skin on her cleavage and collarbone was so smooth and even that it reflected the light through the slightly oily perfume she had just sprayed on. The lips were full and sensual and her face was perfect and angelic. Inside her she felt the passion and the hot fire of youth flowing. It flowed through her veins like spicy-warm and liquefied cinnamon. She felt the passion, strength and power of her self within herself. She was a desirable young woman full of unrestrained and unbridled energy. In her mind's eye, the torn and smoky scraps of her life joined together like resinous-sweet and vanilla petals and made her smile. She looked herself once again deep into the shining, amber eyes of her own and youthful self and smiled at herself deeply satisfied and very knowing!

Then she got up and walked slowly and without looking in the mirror again in the direction of her bed. Only once she turned around and looked at the now empty perfume bottle and thought in silence. "Youth is not easy. She's much, much more. It is heavy, rich and profound. And it consists of imperishable, timeless beauty." Then she sat down on her bed and smoothed the pillow and her nightgown again, lay down and turned off the light on her bedside table. She closed her eyes. She was very tired but happy when a voice deep inside her whispered softly in her ear: "Are you ready? Her date was there!..and she whispered back into the darkness before falling asleep with a gentle and peaceful smile: I'm ready, let's go my long-awaited friend,...I'm good for you now!

Fragrances are like souls of flowers; you can feel them even in the realm of shadows.
-Joseph Joubert-

<font color="#ffff00">-=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=- proudly presents
8.5/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Bottle

Darkbeat
A portion of my heart in a bottle
Oriental narcotic, warm, resinous, sensual, sweet and fresh at the same time, with an overwhelming elegance, for self-confident men and women, it is not perfume for anyone.

I do not know if it only happens to me or they are my illusions, but in my skin there are times when I perceive a certain smell of Coca-Cola, I even perceive that vaporous sensation of the gas of the bubbles, sparkling and fresh, a real wonder. Oriental, resinous, aldehyde, with beautiful floral nuances and a general Coca-Cola air, very particular, I like it. A perfume as they are no longer made, precious.

With this perfume I have had an emotional experience, alive and comforting like no other, it has left me a while that was not in me, I escaped and transported me to another time. I am a person who has had a very strong bond with my maternal grandmother, has been a second mother to me. She always wore some perfume, little, but always wore a tad. I never knew what perfume it was, because, at that time I had not yet been interested in perfumes, but when I applied a little Youth-Dew on my wrist, I could not, no matter how hard I tried, hold back tears, at times I I saw looking at the door, hoping to see her come in and hug me, I sat down, and I stayed for a while meditating, submerged in the emptiness I leave in my heart, and for a moment, it seemed to me that that emptiness was no longer there, because She was with me. I don't know how to explain it, it's complex, but it has filled me with joy to feel it with me again. Now I know it was Youth-Dew, and that a part of she will always be with me.

Perfume of duration and wake very good, nothing reproachable in that aspect, and for the price it has, much less. Night and fresh or temperate climates, for women and men without complexes and who know what they want.
9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Bottle

The Jungfernquelle
"Youth-Dew" is a legend and has been under my nose before. I could even imagine my mother wearing it for a while. Even if I was still in my stomach. Or at least super young. But really testing, on my skin, I could only now... and he's a hammer! Still, forever.

"Youth-Dew" I'd call oriental floral, but he's much more than that. A cinnamon dream of velvet and silk. Sweaty disco queen. Musk cow with Pömps. All Inclusive Spice. Tigress looking for prey. Grandma in suspenders. Attic and "playroom" in one. Christian Grey's teacher. A weekend in natural costume. Free choice of partners on the steamboat. Swinger party without shame. Buffy Mother of Hearts. Untouchable myth. The moving woman. Head cinokitzler. A pillow full of juice and love. Crying in the Discotheque. And loving it.

Flacon: unfortunately I only have a simple Mini...
Sillage: B-O-M-B-E
Shelf life: also - 12 hours (and I have the Eau de Cologne!!!)

Conclusion: between sexy youth delusion and contemplative old-age wisdom - "Youth-Dew" is still a breaker. Highly erotic and his very own thing. A full woman and still THE figurehead of Estee Lauder. Smashing hit!
9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Bottle

Carlitos01
The feminine (unisex!) animalic spice bomb
The perfumist of Youth Dew - Josephine Catapano - one of the pioneer women perfumers working within the large scale top designer fragrance industry - passed away on May 14, 2012 aged 93. She has been the author of Norell (by Norell), Cinnabar, Youth-Dew, and JHL (by Estée Lauder), Fidji (by Guy Laroche) and Zen (by Shiseido), among others. She is also believed to have made contributions to other major fragrances as her accolades include her 1980 Cosmetic Career Women’s Award as well as her 1993 Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Society of Perfumers.
That is the creative aura behind this Dew for both youthful and mature ladies.
A perfume that was launched in 1953 could hardly be more actual than Youth Dew.
Aldehydes and spices provide a grand opening. The spices note endures through the heart notes and a strong presence of cinnamon and cloves is also detectable. The bottom notes reveal strong balsamic notes together with incense and the unavoidables vetiver, moss, patchouli and musk. The subsequent long dry down is overly pleasant.
In sumary the global impression you get from this fragrance is of a complex blending, quite spicy and balsamic with a very long, pleasant earthy and woody drydown. The performance is quite high.

My rates for Youth Dew:
Scent Opening: 8.5 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 9.0 (my judgement - quite unisex during the drydown)
Longevity: 9.0 (well above average and close to beasty)
Sillage: 8.5 (6~8 feet at its peak with just 2 good sprays)
Uniqueness: 9.0 (quite unique, considering the existing feminine fragrances that I am aware of; Nobody was able - or care to - to copy it in the past 65 years; Nevertheless I do note a certain similarity with the contemporary Cinnabar sister fragrance, with Vengeance Extrême by Juliett Has A Guna, and with Agent Provocateur - the last two are a lot younger fragrances)
Wearability: 7.0 (cold weather, mainly at night)
Versatility: 9.0 (yes to clubbing, socializing, events, restaurants... and yes to dates, romancing, sex, office, picnics, weaddings, movies, birthday gift to your mother in law... not good to wear while working out. Don't use it in places where you may sweat and in the beach!)
Quality: 9.0 (my judgement)
Presentation: 7.5 (simple but effective; very good sprayer)
Price: 9.0 (67 ml non tester for 22 Euros + shipping.... a bargain for this niche like jewal)

Overall rating: 8.55/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
I do recommend this fragrance; it's a mature old school fragrance, balsamic and almost animalic, that may please many women and men particulary in the over pleasant drydown. Nevertheless, try it before buying it as it is a love or hate fragrance.

Music: Lou Reed "Walk in the wild side"
9.5/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Bottle

Spa Grand Luxe

Youth-Dew is just one of the best perfumes ever.

For me, its most valuable quality is that it is a chamaleon. I can easily imagine both a bohemian, hippy-like person, both a glamorous, somewhat conservative housewive, wearing it. It recalls me Christmas desserts and homemade Coke. It recalls me some sort of incense that could be burnt in the altar of some satanic cult. It makes me to think about old Dracula movies and gorgeous film stars, Marilyn Monroe and Sophia Loren type. But perhaps the most compelling image that it conjures in my mind is a super expensive spa. Estée Lauder herself said it: "Women still like to feel beautiful, pampered and loved, And that is what Youth-Dew is all about.". There is a classic Spanish bath gel, Magno Classic, which evokes exactly the same feeling. A huge, black marble bathtube with golden taps, lots of steam, lavender essence and almond oil, frankincense being burnt, orange juice and cinnamon tea (by the way, if you have the chance of choosing between the Bath Oil and the Eau de Parfum, take the Bath Oil without hesitation).

Youth-Dew was revolutionary. Estée Lauder wanted to change the perfume habits of the very conservative American women of her time, who, due their puritanical education, perceived perfume as surrounded by a sinful aura. They never bought their own perfume, expecting it to be gifted by their husbands or boyfriends. Therefore, Estée conceived a very intense, long-lasting bath oil that women could choose,buy and use freely by themselves without any kind of remorse. The smell was strong and glamorous, very old-school, European-style, but according with the American sense of practicality, the bath oil could be used too as a perfume extract. And she seemed to have sensed that it is through such little gestures that the society and perceptions can be changed.

Youth-Dew is one of the strongest and long-lasting perfumes sold today. Masterpiece.
6.5/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Bottle

Gone but not forgotten
Mum wore Youth Dew for 40 years (the first bottle a gift from my sister bought with her first pay packet from her teenage holiday job); then came 2012.

The 2012 bottle was a shock; so altered. Superficially the same, it behaved quite differently on the skin with the strident opening never abating throughout the whole wear. The orange top and rose middle were completely drowned in a rather artificial smelling spice and vanilla.

When I smell it I can almost smell its previous incarnation which was warmer, softer, smoother, more floral, less screechy, less strident; but not quite.

Mum and I had great fun trying to find a replacement (examples Noel au Balcon and 5 O'clock Gingembre) and tried a bottle of the bath oil but in the end an older bottle of Youth Dew from ebay was the only thing that satisfied.

Youth Dew suited mum as a young married woman, it suited her as a 60 year old zipping about on her moped, it suited her at 80 with her cheeky, mischievious, personality; her punful, dry sense of humour; her laid back casual fleece and tea-shirt look with grey hair pulled back into a careless bun or ponytail.

At 80 she was a young carefree woman in an old body. I love my mum but at 86 with her memory fading with dementia she is hard to find. I wish Youth Dew was still Youth Dew but it's not and mum can tell the difference if I spray her with the 2012 bottle instead of the earlier one (of which there is not much left).

Bath oil September 2013
Eau de Parfum spray 2012
Older version circa 2003-2005 and a lifetime of scent memories
9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Bottle

Briarthorn
A persnickety concoction of extremes and a wonderful ride.
This is for a 1980s vintage formulation.

Youth Dew is not an scent you wear. It’s an experience, sort of like a roller coaster. Some people love the intense rush and others despise it and want off before the ride has really begun. Youth Dew is a concoction of extremes. The extreme power of it’s projection (It’ll fill a stadium) the extreme reaction it invokes (I LOVE it or I HATE it, never just “eh”), the extreme evolution it takes on the skin, the extreme color (it’s so dark it’s almost black), and the extreme difference in how it smells on different people and how they, in turn, perceive it’s scent. I happen to be on the “I love it” train. It just works for me.

When I first spray it on I think, “Beautiful”. It starts off a bit sweet with a citrus punch. It’s a surprisingly cola like sweetness with a peachy edge, I suspect the orchid is also part of that sweetness. After a few moments a slightly soapy, powdery, mixed floral begins to sing. It’s a yellow floral mix, with ylang-ylang, narcissus, and a touch of lavender. The oakmoss is hinted at here with a moist earthiness and a bit of a bite to calm the sweetness. My overall impression of the opening is that it’s magical and intoxicating with it’s floral brightness and the slighty sweet zing that sends me over the moon.

After about thirty minutes the balsam pair comes out to play and the florals are less evident. The balsams give the composition a nice earthy woodiness. This pairs very nicely with the slightly bitter spice mix that is also coming forward. I get more of a cinnamon spice than a clove based one. Also, in this spice mix, there is something I can’t name but that I find in many of the classic orientals that give them that oriental “feel” that they are known for.. There is also a slight vanillin sweetness (most likely from the Balsams). The Frankincense blends so well with the spices and Balsams that after a time they become a single note together, making it difficult to pick their individual notes apart. It’s muddled, but perhaps that’s not the correct word to use here. That implies something negative and this blending is anything but. It’s absolutely lovely. It is, however, intense. Individuals not used to this of classic powerhouse could easily be overwhelmed. The patchouli is strong in the base. It’s not a clean patchouli but dirty, almost fecal but not quite. It balances on that line. It’s not normally how I like my patchouli, but here is works. It adds a needed element to the incense and spices to bring them together in harmony. There is still a slightly floral hint but it’s more lavender and cassis at this point. There is still a memory of that cola sweetness too. Overall the heart and dry down give a feeling of contentment and coziness. It’s all working together to be warm and easy in it’s brash loudness. A contradiction but true all the same.

This scent seems to evolve so quickly on the skin. Or perhaps it’s just how my nose perceives it at any given moment. It made piecing this review together from my wear notes rather challenging to read as anything other than a stream of consciousness essay.

Youth Dew walks a very careful and well developed line. Her components are balanced perfectly to provide the amazing experience that only she can. However, if for whatever reason, your skin/ chemistry projects any component too much it can ruin the entire effect. Youth dew is persnickety and doesn’t always play nicely. If she likes you, she is an amazing ride. If she doesn’t, well, you’ll write a negative review and swear her off forever.

Catarina 11 months ago
10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Bottle
Similar to none, not even Cinnabar from Lauder. A precious unisex animalic resinous balsamic spicy gem.
AmberScent 11 months ago
8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Bottle
This inexpensive masterpiece is an animalic, balsamic gem that will drive everyone crazy. More masculine than feminine for me! Recommended!
Carlitos01 16 months ago
9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Bottle
Complex blending, quite spicy and balsamic, with a very long pleasant earthy and woody drydown. In my opinion it's unisex and very alluring.
DorothyGrace 4 years ago
6.5/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Bottle
Oh gosh this smells awful on my skin now, kind of like a perfumed raw cinnamon cake batter. And it doesn't wash off. Really odd. Oh dear.

by ChopIsland
by ChopIsland
Das Schweigen ist der Liebe reinste Blüte.   – Heinrich Heine, dt. Dichter und Romancier ♥ Die Blüten meiner rosa Winterkirsche 'Prunus Autumnalis' sind gestern erwacht und ich möchte das Bild unserer lieben Gandix widmen ♥
by Santalwalti
...Schattenwelt...
by Seejungfrau
In 2 Monaten ist Weihnachten. Zeit an Schnee und Geschenke zu denken ;)
by Slickadam
by Slickadam
Doch alles, was uns anrührt, dich und mich, nimmt uns zusammen wie ein Bogenstrich, der aus zwei Saiten eine Stimme zieht. Auf welches Instrument sind wir gespannt? Und welcher Geiger hat uns in der Hand? O süßes Lied. (Rilke)
by Santalwalti
____Wärme____
by Baptiste
by Baptiste
*** Wärme_bricht_Eis***
by Seejungfrau
Estēe Lauder - Youth-Dew (1953)
by Morpheus1
by Bernstein
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Estēe Lauder

Private Collection (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe by Estēe Lauder Amber Mystique by Estēe Lauder Knowing (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Cinnabar (1978) (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Lauder for Men (Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Aliage (1972) / Alliage by Estēe Lauder Sensuous Noir by Estēe Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estēe Lauder White Linen (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estēe Lauder Azurēe (2015) by Estēe Lauder Beautiful (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Wood Mystique by Estēe Lauder Sensuous (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe Soleil by Estēe Lauder Bronze Goddess 2008 by Estēe Lauder Estēe (1968) (Super Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Spellbound (1991) (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder