Youth-Dew 1953Perfume

Youth-Dew (Perfume) by Estēe Lauder
Bottle Design Ira Levy
Youth-Dew (Perfume) is a popular perfume by Estēe Lauder for women and was released in 1953. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Lavender, Narcissus, Orange, Peach, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Cassia, Clove, Carnation, Jasmine, Lily of the valley, Orchid, Ylang-ylang, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver, Tolu balm, Peru balsam, Musk, Frankincense

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 13.11.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder, which differs in concentration.

Anettmarian
The misunderstood genius in the typesetting box
Many years ago my colleagues gave me a perfume bottle for my miniature collection.
Since they presented it to me without the outer carton, I had no idea which treasure I could call my own now It was the Quince Blossom bottle by Estée Lauder with gold cap and blue decorative tassel and contained 7 ml perfume Since the miniatures in my collection had to look good, I didn't find it too bad that I wasn't able to open the bottle, so that heaven on earth remained hidden in a bottle for years.
I put it in my letterbox with the other 300 minis. These were regularly dusted, admired from time to time and since taste changes over the years, at some point it was put in a box and forgotten in the cellar.
In the course of my last move, the cellar had to be cleared out as well, with the help of a friend. At some point Biggi discovered the box, examined it and after sharp cries of delight, she reproachfully held the Youth Dew bottle under my nose: "What is that thing doing in the cellar?
With a lot of patience, knocking, hot water and good coaxing we finally managed to open the bottle and I smelled it for the first time: one of the densest, spiciest, most fantastic fragrance bombs ever - opium aside.
Because of the name I had expected a teen fragrance, the bottle suggested a floral content .
But what I was sniffing was an event: intense, warm, oriental, clove, cinnamon, later vanilla and the Peru balsam I loved so much, a hint of patchouli and incense and many more ingredients, which in perfect combination create a special, unique, heavenly fragrance.
I immediately remember the divas of the fifties or the advertising slogan of a refreshment candy: if it is too strong, you are too weak! This fragrance is mature, the wearer is self-confident, room filling, an event like the fragrance itself.
At the same time RuPaul's dragrace shoots through my head. Who better to embody a diva than a drag queen in her stage outfit? With Youth-Dew she has a fragrance to match.
Probably the following sounds pretty stupid, but I just feel it:
As much as I love it, I do not feel up to or worthy of this fragrance.
I wear it at home if at all, I leave the walking to others, the worthy and the unworthy :-)
2020Antiope
Not a sultry Oriental and yet powerful
When I "discovered" Youth Dew in the 70's, I was immediately captivated by the dark warmth that the fragrance exudes. Contrary to the typical heavy oriental scents, which invite to stay in bazaars and on Arabic-African market places with their lively crowd, strange music, intensive colors, "wild" smells and remind quite also of veiled belly dancers, "Youth Dew" awakes rather the longing for journeys into the Orient; being on the road as a European on the Silk Road; travelling to Morocco, Arabia, Persia (when it was still Persia); immersing into the past of the North African continent and the Near East. The warm, dark mystique is perfectly captured in Youth Dew, if not overdosed, because that's the trick with this fragrance! Already at that time the perfume saleswoman told me that really only a small drop should be used, so that you don't get too close to your environment. I only had the perfume; apparently the different concentrations have a very different effect when I read the comments written here. Since Youth Dew in its distinctiveness (similar to "Opium" by YSL) is immediately recognized when a lady passes by with it, I soon stopped using it. But I have been faithful to the body cream for 40 years in winter!

by MadameLegras
Vorlage aus dem Buch 13 Künstlerinnen, die du kennen solltest.
Darüber wird sich Weihnachten 2016 eine liebe Freundin sehr freuen! :-)
by Turmalin
by Walhai
by Walhai
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Estēe Lauder

Private Collection (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe by Estēe Lauder Amber Mystique by Estēe Lauder Youth-Dew (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Beautiful (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Cinnabar (1978) (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Knowing (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Lauder for Men (Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Aliage (1972) / Alliage by Estēe Lauder Sensuous Noir by Estēe Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estēe Lauder White Linen (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe (2015) by Estēe Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estēe Lauder Estēe (1968) (Super Cologne) by Estēe Lauder Bronze Goddess 2008 by Estēe Lauder Sensuous (Eau de Parfum) by Estēe Lauder Azurēe Soleil by Estēe Lauder Wood Mystique by Estēe Lauder