500 Years by Etat Libre d'Orange

500 Years is a new perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Cardamom, Turkish rose, Saffron, Cocoa, Oud, Amber, Bergamot

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 27.01.2020.

10.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

A great smell. I like
I love rose scents in all their variety. That much is certain. So of course I had to test the scent, which I did on three days. What can I say? The perfume convinced me and made me on my wish list.

But the first test was full of inhibitions. From the flacon lid it smelled very strong and penetratingly of a really crass Rose-Oud mixture, and then I actually thought that this was the usual Rose-Oud station wagon that is so common these days. ELDO is now also working in this direction? Boring. Not worth the test. So it took another 2 months until one day I decided to finally spray the fragrance on my skin. Such a great bottle! And rose in it!
And what can I say? On the skin, it is not so crass at all, but soft and cuddly. First a green rose bergamot appears. The rose is green, but not fresh, but aromatic, like in herbal and spice malt. Every now and then I smell something that reminds me of leather, but even more of a horse stable with the sweaty horses, so a distinctly animal note (oud?), but a discreet and well-behaved one.

The duet of Rose and Leder(Oud) starts now. The rose now smells restrained, dusty-sweetish (cocoa?) and the "leather" (oud) seems herbal-aromatic to me. The whole thing reminds me remotely of my beloved Mon Nummero 10/ L'Artisan. Very nice. And I'm now enjoying the fragrance to the fullest.

The base is simply dreamlike: soft, well balanced, slightly animalistic, balsamic, for lying down. (And surprisingly, reminds me somehow of "La Femme Boheme" by Edward Bess, whom I love very much. Although there is clearly jasmine in the game. and the scent pyramid looks different ;-)

The shelf life of the fragrance is about 8 hours and the Sillage found quite mediocre, which is an advantage with this rich and somewhat provocative composition.

I like the scent a lot and I'm already excited about "Spice Must Flow", which I absolutely have to test as long as it still exists in the great perfumery in the Kettenbrückengasse in Vienna.

Popular Etat Libre d'Orange

Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange Divin'Enfant by Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange Like This / Like This - Tilda Swinton by Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine Houseboy by Etat Libre d'Orange Noël au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange Jasmin et Cigarette by Etat Libre d'Orange The Afternoon of a Faun by Etat Libre d'Orange Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange Attaquer Le Soleil - Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d'Orange Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre d'Orange Rien Intense Incense by Etat Libre d'Orange Archives 69 by Etat Libre d'Orange Charogne by Etat Libre d'Orange Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre by Etat Libre d'Orange La Fin du Monde by Etat Libre d'Orange Vierges et Toreros by Etat Libre d'Orange