500 Years by Etat Libre d'Orange
500 Years is a new perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Cardamom, Turkish rose, Saffron, Cocoa, Oud, Amber, Bergamot

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.09.2020.

4.5
Stanze
500 (film) Famous quote: "This is EldOOOOOOoooo"
500 years I have voluntarily bought in a sharing. So it's my own fault too. 500 Years smells like stable oud, spices, also pungent synthetic and quite sweet almost gourmand. As if one had rolled tasty pastries in cow dung and then tried to clean them with disinfectant.

I read through the advertising buzz on the official EldO website. A prankster who thinks of Luther because of the symbolically represented rose on the label of 500 Years. At least the cross in the middle is missing. Maybe EldO have also rowed back from religion after protests (protests from Protestants?), I don't know. Anyway, now they want to serve the rose by means of Renaissance and quote Pierre de Ronsard (1524-1585)

Honey, let's look at the rose,
who might confide in you this morning
the sun her purple robe,
whether the twilight hour bleached
the purple at her flower mouth,
and her complexion, so like yours, faded
Oh, look at how in such a short time,
my heart, close her flower dress and all the flowers are snowed in How cruel is the heart of nature,
such beauty only lasts for a few days from morning to evening.

Believe me, child of my heart as long as your youth blooms so lind
under spring green signs,
pick the fruit into your womb:
Age, look at the rose, go,
it will bleach your flower
My flower is already quite faded anyway and purple has never been my colour. But the joke is that the family tester M and I don't smell a rose in 500 years. So EldO serve the rose by omitting it. Skatol can't be that expensive..

500 Years is more suitable for the colder half of the year. It certainly lasts from morning to evening, like most fragrances you don't like. If I were to associate the fragrance with a colour, it wouldn't be purple, but rather brown. I'm not going to go into the question of what kind of brown. You can wear the fragrance to go out if you don't want to meet anybody or if you want to be with other 500 Years wearers ("This is EldOOOOOoooo!"). In your free time you can wear anything anyway, unless someone stops you. Family tester has so far only asked me to wash off one scent and it wasn't this one. We are pretty tough. At work you can wear the scent when you're mucking out a barn. You become one with your surroundings
The other day I read in a blog post how I should write a comment, namely not in the way I do it, but of course in the way the person who explains it to me does it. Instead of telling you what I think of it, I had a family tester M show me again how to dance two specific letters in eurythmy (and that is the appropriate sport). i danced the letters several times. I felt a little better right away. Not good, but at least I felt better. Of course my statements and comments are not objective. I am only an example consumer. We are all different.

Sweet rose/oud by ELDO
500 years is a lovely perfume. It is sweet, powdery and creamy, almost gourmand. The rose is for me the main note but It comes with sweet and spicy notes like the cocoa, amber and the cardamom. This perfume shares a similar vibe with other perfumes like oud Velvet mood by MFK, oud mood by lattafa, Velvet rose and oud by jo Malone London or my precieux by note 33. However 500 years is a bit less sweet and more powdery than all these fragances. It is bit more spicy and delicate also and the oud here is very subtle and not medicinal or fecal at all.
The performance is good. It lasts about 7-10 hours on skin and the projection is medium. I think is unisex and a very good alternative is you dont own any similar perfume. I LOVE It bus as i have already some similar perfumes inthinl i Will leave It un my future wishlist ..

Scent: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 7
Versatility: 7
Originality: 8
Global: 9
A great smell. I like
I love rose scents in all their variety. That much is certain. So of course I had to test the scent, which I did on three days. What can I say? The perfume convinced me and made me on my wish list.

But the first test was full of inhibitions. From the flacon lid it smelled very strong and penetratingly of a really crass Rose-Oud mixture, and then I actually thought that this was the usual Rose-Oud station wagon that is so common these days. ELDO is now also working in this direction? Boring. Not worth the test. So it took another 2 months until one day I decided to finally spray the fragrance on my skin. Such a great bottle! And rose in it!
And what can I say? On the skin, it is not so crass at all, but soft and cuddly. First a green rose bergamot appears. The rose is green, but not fresh, but aromatic, like in herbal and spice malt. Every now and then I smell something that reminds me of leather, but even more of a horse stable with the sweaty horses, so a distinctly animal note (oud?), but a discreet and well-behaved one.

The duet of Rose and Leder(Oud) starts now. The rose now smells restrained, dusty-sweetish (cocoa?) and the "leather" (oud) seems herbal-aromatic to me. The whole thing reminds me remotely of my beloved Mon Nummero 10/ L'Artisan. Very nice. And I'm now enjoying the fragrance to the fullest.

The base is simply dreamlike: soft, well balanced, slightly animalistic, balsamic, for lying down. (And surprisingly, reminds me somehow of "La Femme Boheme" by Edward Bess, whom I love very much. Although there is clearly jasmine in the game. and the scent pyramid looks different ;-)

The shelf life of the fragrance is about 8 hours and the Sillage found quite mediocre, which is an advantage with this rich and somewhat provocative composition.

I like the scent a lot and I'm already excited about "Spice Must Flow", which I absolutely have to test as long as it still exists in the great perfumery in the Kettenbrückengasse in Vienna.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 171 days ago
One of my rose/oud favourite perfumes! The oud here is very delicate, the rose is powdery and the back, sweet,balsámic and spicy is gorgeous

Popular Etat Libre d'Orange

Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine Houseboy by Etat Libre d'Orange Divin'Enfant by Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange Rien Intense Incense by Etat Libre d'Orange You Or Someone Like You by Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange The Afternoon of a Faun by Etat Libre d'Orange Attaquer Le Soleil - Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d'Orange Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre by Etat Libre d'Orange Noël au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange Remarkable People by Etat Libre d'Orange Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre d'Orange Une Amourette - Roland Mouret by Etat Libre d'Orange Like This / Like This - Tilda Swinton by Etat Libre d'Orange La Fin du Monde by Etat Libre d'Orange Cologne by Etat Libre d'Orange She Was an Anomaly by Etat Libre d'Orange Archives 69 by Etat Libre d'Orange