Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre (2015)

Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre by Etat Libre d'Orange

Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre is a perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production.

Blackcurrant bud, Black pepper, Galbanum, Calypsone®, Geosmin, Frankincense, Pepperwood™, Petalia®, Rose absolute, Patchouli, Ambroxan

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.08.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Annarosa
The shady existence of Hermann:)
This Hermann is a little fruit!
He hates everything vulgar and loves the opposite of it: instead of bright skies and sunny nights and cool shadows; instead of exuberant laughter-silent mourning, instead of flower meadows-moist, black earth covered with ivy... He is just an original, a romantic of the old school.
And he also smells to match his macabre disposition: I notice a load of cool mint, gothic medical patchouli and incense again and again when I stroll with him in the shady avenues of an old Gothic complex. Yes, he himself, with his pale complexion, his sunken eyes, his thin stature and dark clothes seems to me like a shadow among many other shadows in this eerie avenue : like a shadow from the underworld, like a ghost.
Its dark, cool, fresh presence is constant and long-lasting. I smell its macabre scent for hours until the evening falls. It hangs on my clothes, shines like a dark, mysterious aura around me.
Its scent is macabre and beautiful at the same time: a cool, lonely, meditative shadow in the flickering heat of summer.
5.0 6.0 7.5/10

Aphasia With My Alternate Self
The notes listed for Hermann a mes Cotes me Paraissait une Ombre are not what show up on my skin; I don't get a synthetic vibe at all. For me, it begins as a sweetened guiac wood mingled with frankincense and a faint fruity aroma. The sweetened guiac note recedes, swapping places with pepper. The silage starts at and remains at 6" through the life of the fragrance. Aside from the quick change to a fruit-laden incense, the scent is linear. I enjoy the aroma and it garners compliments from the opposite sex, but the four synthetic notes give me pause. I'm not against synthetics per se, but I am aware that they are being created and launched into a void created by the IFRA and other busybodies.

The Lynchian product video suggests a multiplicity of spiritual tensions in its stark blacks and whites. The fragrance name translates as "Hermann to my sides / Seemed to me a Shadow", which is from Victor Hugo's Poem "What Two Horsemen Were Thinking in the Forest". Apparently I was supposed to get a brooding, dangerous, and yet charming vibe, but I did not.

I am left with a faint sense of loss, a missing the mark, perhaps on the part of Libre Etat D'Orange, but perhaps on my part. I am unable to detect the notes listed and I cannot participate in the effect this was designed to create. I find it appealing nevertheless, but question the need for synthetic elements.

Perhaps I am experiencing aphasia with my alternate self?

TapirMedard 12 months ago
Fresh, simple, ordinary, uninteresting. This after shaving cologne is unexpected for such a hooligan brand.
5.0