Rien Intense Incense 2014

Rien Intense Incense by Etat Libre d'Orange
Rien Intense Incense is a popular limited perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is smoky-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation Limited Edition

FrankincenseFrankincense
AmberAmber
CuminCumin
Black pepperBlack pepper
AldehydesAldehydes

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 18.10.2021.

Bob1
Subway shaft, and a touch of station toilet
So, this is my first review here, and then immediately to such a polarizing fragrance. Let's see...

The title already sounds pretty crude, but right off the bat, that's exactly how I feel when I spray on this scent. Why would anyone want to smell like this? Honestly, I don't know, maybe we'll find out together.

Despite all the warnings, I picked up Rien Intense Incense as a blind buy. I expected something really demanding, and in so far I was not disappointed already times.

Individual fragrances from the pyramid to smell out here is somewhat difficult for me. The eponymous incense? Well, smoke is, but then from burnt rubber. That would be the subway brakes. I stole that association from another review, by the way, thanks for that. This rubber band holds up valiantly from the beginning to the bitter end.

If leather is to be smelled, it's a pretty dirty, sweaty sour one, and only after the first few hours too. I think I once had a shoe polish that reminded me of that note.

I don't get rose and rockrose here at all, there aren't even remotely floral notes. Maybe something powdery, that will be the iris, but it doesn't come out until about 3-4 hours later, tentatively at first, then a little more clearly. Luck had, because I can bear rose fragrance if at all only very sparingly dosed.

Let's move on to the spices. Cumin and black pepper so it should be. I smell directly after spraying something tingling, already slightly sharp biting, which even overlays the rubber band. However, the whole thing then goes submersible after just a few minutes before those tingling notes reappear after 4-5 hours, interestingly enough. They cool the fragrance down for me in an exciting way, giving it a clearly perceptible metallic touch, just the sparking train tracks.... but it could also just be the aldehydes. They're probably also the ones that contribute this slightly fecal note - oh my god, why do I even devote myself to something that can be described like that?

As for sillage and longevity, well, quite a bit has been said here. I can only agree with that. Two or three spritzes, and you fill with it whole rooms. Although not immediately upon entering, but after a few minutes, the subway shaft atmosphere is perfect. The scent is easily perceptible for 8-10 hours, and my skin is actually quite complicated in this respect. Even the next day, it's still skin-deep. From the shirt, which I wore on the first day and test times unwashed have left, came after two weeks still a good RII breeze.

Well, and now you're probably wondering why I gave this fragrance rating. Now as I write this, I do too. However, I think Rien Intense Incense is just awesome! It's a real love-or-hate scent, a brilliant piece of perfumery, and despite the irritating associations it evokes in me, I'd probably wear it more often if.... yes, if it weren't for my better half, who clearly belongs to the latter faction. When she walked into the room where I had applied two squirts of RII to the back of my hand a few minutes earlier, she literally stood rooted to the spot and held her breath before excitedly asking if an electrical smoldering fire had broken out somewhere before I then proudly presented her with my latest acquisition.

She said then although somewhat crestfallen that she could try to get used to it, where I like the scent so much, but the whole rest of the day she wanted to be as far as possible not near me, and when she could not stand it at dinner with me at a table, I made the spook with a heavy heart first of all an end.
What I do with the bottle, I do not know yet. Due to the brutal durability, it will probably be difficult to wear the fragrance only times just in between, when I'm out of the house.

So, that's the sad story of my encounter with Rien Intense Incense. We are probably like the two royal children who were simply not allowed to come to each other.

Takes me to church...
I grew up with the smell of the burning incense in Greek orthodox churches. Oh, that incense! Rien Intense Incense is all about that church feeling. It is a clean scent although it is slightly animalic, but the best animalic fragrance in the industry. I wear it for 6 years now and it is such a comforting scent, especially during days where my self-confidence is low, and Rien is there for me, just like GOD is there for those who praise him. It is so well-crafted, leans more on the masculine side as the best niche scents often do. Quite a sexy experience with Rien, especially when people ask me what I am wearing. Answering "nothing" has a strong meaning: Rien is the signature scent of those who do not merely love it but truly appreciate it because it has really become their own skin smell, such that the answer "nothing" is the daring truth. I love the original version as well, but this one is more sexy, refined and more churchy. A tribute to incense, leather and aldehyde. Because it is after all a clean scent, it is great for summer nights as well. I always ask myself: can you wear it all day, all night, all seasons... because wearing RIEN is no sin, it simply takes me to church!
The Pandora Box
I have a hard time describing the scent, it smells like very very clean somber leather with a very light floral note. The perfume is very elegant and definitely not suitable for everyday life and only in winter. It awakens in me the feeling that one has locked the fragrance in the so-called "Pandora Box" because he is just too monstrous and Brachial ... So you are definitely perceived even if you do not have a nose! I would definitely advise against a blind buy and test the before, will not be everyone's cup of tea. The S/H I can not put into words, it's just such a beast that I perceive the uninterrupted which is absolutely rare for me, and I wear a splash too much I get a headache which I never had :)) An interesting perfume!
Starwalker
The power of the beautiful and morbid
A masterpiece of nocturnal, olfactory powers. Père Lachaise opens its catacombs as if by magic and invites you to linger. Even at the end there is still aesthetics and grace. Halloween is within reach
GordenGekko
A statement of classic elegance
I discovered Rien and Rien Intense Incense in my eternal search for a worthy successor to the EDT of Kouros, a fragrance that has accompanied me since the 80s. In the absence of citrus notes, Rien Intense Incense naturally doesn't share its freshness, but there are many overlapping notes such as aldehydes, patchouli, amber, oakmoss, leather and frankincense. Perfumer Antoine Lie himself has been a fan of earlier versions of Kouros, and the courage to combine classic Fougere notes in an extravagant way as a strong statement in a composition has been successful in both fragrances.

Associations with leather, I cannot share, rather Indian rosewood.
For me, it is clearly the floral notes, especially iris and rose, that stand out in combination with the aldehydes and incense. As the fragrance evolves, Rien becomes rounder and more elegant. My personal secret tip: the combination of Kouros After Shave and Rien. Both together are like different siblings, whose deep connection can be felt. A form of layering that can reconcile all those who grieve over L'Oreal's reformulations.
Sexy Dirty
Much read Much heard... It should be "Challenging", very animalistic it should be after plastic fire and simply black it should smell! It does and it is but it is also damn sexy creamy balsamic in drydown and attracts people very much at least to me. It was a risky but rewarding blind purchase! For me, this and the original "nothing" are already modern classics comparable to Fahrenheit, not from the point of view of Gerruch, but from the point of view of their construction and nature. The start is very unusual and then it will simply be beautiful! I'm in love with the two "nothing." "Nothing" is not for young noses and testing is announced I had luck that I like it and it works on me
Nowevee
Rien Intense Incense in embarrassing...
I think for various reasons that I can't really describe fragrances well, but my first test of Rien Intense Incense was so embarrassingly whimsical that I can't resist sharing this experience. And embarrassingly whimsical one could sometimes also connect a little bit with the brand EldO, which I do not necessarily mean negative.

Well, the highlight of the day was once again one of these usual, practical atomizer sticks, filled with Rien Intense Incense , which I had been looking forward to for a long time, in my mailbox. (Dear thanks to WoodyBree). Of course I pulled off the cap with curiosity and a bright, pungent, intense smell immediately surged towards me, although I hadn't sprayed at all. Oioioi, but he has a lot of horsepower, I thought to myself, put the cap back on again and regretfully postponed the test until later, as I expected an expert from the property management between 13 and 14 o'clock, who was supposed to inspect my bathroom in need of renovation. A nice, friendly person, whom I already knew from earlier repair work, and whom I naturally did not want to torture.

Time passed and as he was still not there shortly before 2 pm, I thought something had come up and he would either come much later or not at all. So I greedily grabbed the bottling and sprayed. Seconds later it rang. Oh dear, it shot through my head and, shoo, shoo, I quickly tilted all the windows of the flat and let him in.
Then I stopped thinking about the scent and we stood next to each other in my windowless bathroom, which of course had been scrubbed and freshly cleaned before, while he looked at the 27 year old, somewhat worn out sink and the bathtub and took notes. Suddenly I noticed his somewhat tortured expression on his face, and when he had to cough, a light came on me. Uh... I thought and stepped a few steps back out the bathroom door to take advantage of the draught. I mumbled something like "excuse me, something smells like incense" but he didn't reply. I hoped that the draft would save the situation and the inspection turned to the toilet (also carefully roughened and cleaned), the lid of which I always keep closed and which he looked at suspiciously. I was astonished that he didn't want to take a closer look at the thing, because a new one would cost the property management at least money. It fell like scales from my eyes, as at that moment a breath of perfume rose into my nose. With malice aforethought or a nasty nose, one can perceive an aspect of this incense like ammonia. And stale urine smells like ammonia. So he probably thought that someone had forgotten to flush his little shop away.
Well, what the hell, in any case I'm still looking forward to a new tub, sink and toilet bowl.

To the smell I try of course now also still something to write.
In the beginning my nose smells something very intense, something pungent, green, bright, incense. This incense phase lasts longer and when you inhale deeply, it really has something exhilaratingly spacy, radiant and you fly through a wide green space. I don't mind the possible minimal ammonia sound and you don't have to concentrate on it. Somehow I thought of Youth Dew in between.
Then it starts to change for me to something mentholigem, minzigem sometime. I also like that very much, except that sometimes it jumps a turn into the artificial. But even that may have something, although I personally don't like it that much. Later it changes to the spicy, leathery, woody one and I sometimes have to think a little of Au Cour du Desert. But sometimes that also changes to a sweaty, bitter side.
In the end something irresistibly sweet and resinous and spicy comes up for me, but sometimes it also jumps into the automatic chewing gum machine. Exactly this resinous, lovely note is also in my clothes etc. and I like it very much.

The scent is for my nose actually all the time a tightrope walk between being mainly attracted and fascinated and every now and then but also unpleasantly touched and annoyed.
Besides, my nose sometimes closes for a few minutes.
But on the whole I like Rien Intense Incense and find it very interesting because it somehow changes and jumps, jumps and flirts all the time. And it has a calming but also stimulating effect on me and envelops me pleasantly. I think it fits to a rainy day.
I put it on my wish list, but I'm not sure yet. I also think that it doesn't really look good on me, but I don't care anyway anyway.

In any case, there is more than enough in the tube to test further.
Extraterrestrial Love and Nothingness
Something extraordinary special.
Freshly sprayed on, the fragrance has a painfully paralyzing effect - incense without end - and briefly leaves a yawning emptiness behind in the world of thought. The leather makes me think more clearly again and gives my imagination back the forms. Patchouli, cumin and black pepper provide the complementary component and everything seems to be perfect. But when an extraterrestrial being with a little rose in his hand stands in front of me and gives me Earthling his love, then it happened to me - immediately I return this love unconditionally and irrevocably.
Now everything was clear to me again: Nothing is not just nothing. The nothing wants to be perceived, because it is loud and beautiful. Nothing penetrates everything, because it is heavy and takes the space it needs. Nothing is full of black love, likes to cross borders and is not of this world.
But be careful! I don't want to pass on the love that nothing gives me, it belongs to me alone! I much prefer to move in their aura, which seems arrogant and untouchable to others. So don't get too close, or I'll disappoint you.
I grant you everything, provided you leave me my nothing, because it is just right for me and my black soul. No more without you!

Rien Intense Incense
I am not immune to tarry smells, so having read and watched the reviews I hardly hesitated to blind-buy Rien Intense Incense. (Note that I say ‘hardly’, because Etat Libre d’Orange is also responsible for unleashing upon the world the pure evil that is Secretions Magnifiques.) I did blind-buy, and upon first spray I did also, briefly, feel a slight sting of regret, underlined by the (hilariously) confused look upon my friend’s face (in her undying and naive support of my obsession with smells, bless her heart). ‘It smells…old’ she said, trying to hide her bewilderment. And yes, the aldehydic onslaught of the opening screams ‘perfume’ like nothing else: both nutty and bright, sitting somewhere between the first acts of Arpège and Chanel no. 5. Once the aldehydes give way, the frankincense kicks in, turpentine-like, smoky, and anti-septic (near immaculate, for the liturgically inclined): in perfect counterpoint with the beastly roar of the leather-accord. After a nod to the civet of its congenator Rien, RII dries down to a gentle (if still very audible) purr, a comfortably dry mix of spices and leather that really does last for hours.
Minigolf
The pull into infinity or how I learned to love black holes
Is the universe now infinite or not? Does the "Big Bang" follow a "Big Crunsh"? What is behind it and behind it and again behind it? This is what astronomers and particle physicists are supposed to deal with....(although such things also interest me very much).
But with this scent I hold an indication in my hands that my nose can only confirm:
The probability of infinity is greater than the je.
In the first test I was almost thrown back, so deep was the pulsating hole I looked into. Dark scraps of herbtinous dry wood seemed to pass by ... becoming faster and faster, turning around its own axis in whirls of spiced, dark dust.
The second, more cautious dive in I was literally magically attracted by this tireless something that seems to be lurking here. The "dry dust" is surrounded by dark blue fog wafts. Incense in its dark form. Dull, rhythmic, attractive roar in the distance.
Tense "listening" to background noise.
Cistus mosses on leather patches seem to be a part of the hole edge, which are finally drawn in with a sucking whirr to unite with the already inherent components.
I am now seized by the inevitable urge to do the same to them. Don't fight me against the suction that grips me anymore.
The infinite depth doesn't make me shudder defensively anymore.
No... i glide in smoothly with a comforting shower, together with Amber and Patchouli, which give me a soft "ground".
Yes, wait.... The infinite has no ground at all, no possibilities to arrive anywhere at all.
Or is that different?
After a long "falling" in slow motion I feel as if there is a tiny light spot at the other end of the "black hole".
That comes closer as well as in slow motion. The other side?
Some say, through black holes one can travel through space and time, or into another reality.
The room now bends and flows into a kind of funnel.
In brightness...Behind me the gaping throat that threw me out.
Where have I arrived?
Oh, I love black holes.....

BielwenassBielwenass 9 months ago
The composition is very beautiful and unique, especially when it calms down. Still a bit much for my tastes, no idea where I'd wear this.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
This was too much for me! Two dominant notes of Incense and leather. It is very animalistic and stinky.Respect to Etat though trying out
MRothMRoth 4 years ago
A brave, bitter leather and frankincense blend. Aldehydes and iris smooth the rough edges of this unashamedly synthetic scent.

by Kovex
by Kovex
by Parforgie
by Parforgie
by RahulESJ
by RahulESJ
nicht nur zu Halloween ....
by Ohdeberlin
by MrNiceGuy
by MrNiceGuy
by Estbienla
by Estbienla
by Pedr0o
by Pedr0o

Popular Etat Libre d'Orange

Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine Houseboy by Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange You Or Someone Like You by Etat Libre d'Orange Divin'Enfant by Etat Libre d'Orange Attaquer Le Soleil - Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre by Etat Libre d'Orange The Afternoon of a Faun by Etat Libre d'Orange Noël au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre d'Orange Une Amourette - Roland Mouret by Etat Libre d'Orange Remarkable People by Etat Libre d'Orange Like This / Like This - Tilda Swinton by Etat Libre d'Orange Archives 69 by Etat Libre d'Orange La Fin du Monde by Etat Libre d'Orange Cologne by Etat Libre d'Orange Spice Must Flow by Etat Libre d'Orange Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange