Sécrétions Magnifiques 2006

Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange
Sécrétions Magnifiques is a perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is synthetic-animal. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Office for Men

Antoine Lie

Top Notes Top NotesAdrenalin, Blood, Ozone
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Coconut, Milk
Base Notes Base NotesOpoponax, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.11.2020.

It stinks disgustingly
I never thought I would say this about a fragrance I have now returned to the Fragrance Game since the beginning of March 2020 after 11 years of interruption.

With this scent the cellar backdrop of the first part of the horror-thriller film series "SAW" comes to my mind. You see blood, lots of blood. And not just fresh My stomach gives me direct feedback that he does not like it. This is what made me decide not to test this fragrance on my skin
The title of my commentary was first of all "Is it physical injury already?".
But then I changed it, because I answered the question myself.

It just smells blood, but after more than just a little bleeding gums or bitten on the lip.
The circulated notes of saliva and sperm do not reach my nose.

It directly turns my stomach and two hours later I still have the dull feeling and the same metallic smell in my nose.

Is this intention or a form of art?

I can only agree with the many statements. Not testing, not trying. You better watch your back.
0.5
At the dentist

Who is afraid of the dentist, or who easily gets sick, should please not read here.

9.30 am at the dentist
He had previously walked his dog,
stinks of wet dog Anyone who has ever smelled a wet Newfoundlander knows what I'm talking about Anyway, the visit here is necessary.
For weeks I've had purulent tonsils,
no antibiotics help.
Brushed with bitter disinfectant,
nothing helped.
Now we have found the cause.
A tooth sits on pus.
He's disinfecting my mouth with ozone,
injects in.
He's always been a butcher, that son of a bitch...
Wait....
Then he starts drilling,
with the sledgehammer.
So he drills,
deeper and deeper it goes in....
Booming noises in my head...
Then it breaks through,
through the jawbone,
the root is bent in the jawbone.
Blood shooting up my nose,
runs out of my mouth,
messes up my sweatshirt Together with the pus,
no time to feel nauseous.
My girlfriend's coming to pick me up...
Blood streaming over me I run into the parking lot and mumble:
'you can go home again, it'll take a while'
Back in,
the drilling goes on.
That droning....
the whole skull vibrates,
if he keeps it up for a long time,
he will drill through my eye into my head....
Memories of the film 'The Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffmann
come to mind.
Then the drilling is over....
It fills the root
and make another impression for the crown...
Put the dough in your mouth until it stops Strangling.......
But you survive everything......
also this scent, or should I better say this obscure work?

Perfumery and art: ELDO's Secretions Magnifiques
"-Oh my God, mama, what a singular odor,- said the young woman to her mother, not noticing where it came from, - but, smell it mama... it's an odor I know... (...)
- Young lady - said the abbot stroking his belly and softening the sound of his voice, - there's small harm in that; we are standing under a chestnut tree and we, naturalists, admit in our botanical studies that it's flower...
- Well, what about it's flower?
- Well then, little lady, it smells like Sex!"

Marquis de Sade "The chestnut flower"

For a long time I've been questioning myself what could be the interest/utility in creating a perfume that almost nobody would wear, almost everybody talked badly about... why the effort, the investment? After all we all want to smell good! And when a scent brings other people the urge to vomit...
Finally I tested this criation by Etat Libre D'Orange, and was reminded of this text by Marquis de Sade. It also brought back to my memory the supposed dialog between Picasso and Hittler's partisans, when confronted by the "aberration" of his Guernica, to the question «did you made THIS?», answered: «No, YOU did IT».
Most living beings use natural body odor as means for pleasing potential procriation partners. Human beings are the few that use artificial scents whith the intent to mask their natural body odor. With Secretions Magnifiques the perfumer tries to give back to the human animal something that is characteristic of it - it's natural smell.
As Mr. Kant would say, the creator making use of it's «teckné», using what nature gives him, finds a way to recreate and interpret reality, life itself.

The "perfume":
Floral, very floral, I cannot find in it anything like puke or sweat, just a slight and fleeting metalic note we could associate with blood (hummm, but very unlikelly). And, yes, A LOT of chestnut flowers! - for those of you who have smelled it, you can realize how correct was Sade's little joke: yes, it smells like sex!
Heavy sillage and imense longevity, it sticks to the skin as if it were part of it, as if it was something natural to the body itself :)
I can understand why people wear it, not regularly, certanly, but as something for special occasions.
Why "perfume"? I perceive it more as a conceptual creation, artistic, that we may or may not like, but that with no doubt expresses a touch of creative GENIOUS.
A piece of olfactory art.
I'm so glad I sampled it!
ParfumJohnny
"Controversially rated scent" is a good word for it
About a year ago I put this fragrance on my "Test it soon" list and finally decided to add it to my shopping cart with my current sample order. I tested it 3 times; on the paper strip, on my forearm and on my sister's forearm :D (don't worry, she wanted to test it on her skin, although she had smelled the scent on the test strip before)

I must admit, I find it extremely difficult to judge this fragrance. On the one hand, I can actually get something out of it and on the other hand my gag reflex is activated when I smell it. I have tested it consciously without looking at the pyramid of scents before to be as unbiased as possible when determining the scent.
For me it smelled relatively fresh in the beginning, something like detergent freshness / cotton fresh. After a few minutes it immediately became saltier and metallic. Estimated after about 10-15 minutes I could taste the metallic notes in my whole mouth. And from then on it actually smelled strongly like blood to me. Then there were also creamy notes and the smell of milk, so it smelled fresh, creamy, milky, salty, flowery and metallic at the same time. From then on my gag reflex was extremely triggered.

In retrospect I can only say that it was definitely a fragrance "experience", which I had not had before - but I could have easily done without it ;) But I would have imagined it to be much worse by the previous comments. Meanwhile I think it's the combination of the scents that makes me a little bit disgusted, at least for me. If the gag reflex would not be triggered, I would find it quite acceptable. Unfortunately this makes it quite difficult for me to judge the scent properly. But after my test I can understand why some people find it disgusting and why some people like it.
Bodily fluid fear
Unfortunately, we have forgotten how to stand by what we actually are.
People!
We were born in all kinds of bodily fluids.
Originally unpainted.
Our mother recognizes us by our own true scent, that of our hair, the natural one not perfume or fabric softener.
Our lovers and partners find our glandular scent attractive, not the perfume which costs 180 Euro We wash, powder, perfume - just to not smell like ourselves.
Is it self-hate? Shame? Denial ?
Anyway, I am not surprised that this perfume, which for me smells pleasantly of sebum, coconut milk and Palo Santo and a beautiful iris,
meets so much anger.
How dare you smell different, like skin
And what does the often quoted blood, saliva and sperm actually smell like when it flows fresh out of the body orifices?
Mineral, slightly salty.

For me an interesting scent, which polarizes more negatively than it should by demonizing body fluids.

I wore it several times and I actually got compliments.

Plain and simple
Wet used bandaid is what I got. It smelled rancid and completely odd. It by far is the worst fragrance I ever smelled, but I think that's what they are going for. It may be a great gag gift if it weren't for the 90+$ price tag! I bought a decant, and smelled it and let others smell it and then threw it away.
Hendrikmainz
At least my dog liked...
So, I try my hand at a commentary & the bizarre thing is a "scent" that is really brutal.

This brew actually comes directly from hell.

I was curious about everything you read and hear... so I had to take a sample (and I was warned by Parfuma). She came on a Saturday morning, unfortunately it was a birthday on Fridays and I was a little bit over it. It rings, scent there..., test, now.

The first cloud of scent already causes repulsion...., metallic, bloody..., disgusting..., as if one swallows a nosebleed....! But the scenario has not yet brought its malice to pet infections. Something milky, rancid comes along... & it comes unexpectedly. A third deep breath triggers a shock in me, which only thinks of not vomiting directly into the corridor now.
It reminds me of an accident I had... associated with blood and hospital. The product created here is reminiscent of a nuclear cataclysm. Nuclear waste and something freshly dead that's just starting to ferment.

After I regained my composure and was able to go into the bathroom after my initial shock and, if necessary, to get the "scent" of
my dog came wagging at me. He smelled his arm and must have found it passable. Still I wouldn't fog him up with it;)

Yet! This construction is a test on every value;)

The H
0.5
A real creep
I'll start this comment with a little digression: I'm not a fan of rips and I don't like to test scents where I know that I'm unlikely to like them. I avoid scents that don't fit into my prey scheme, because I'm always looking for scents that I could possibly buy. But there are also scents like this one that make me incredibly curious. Fragrances that polarize. From which you want to get an idea of yourself.
This scent is very well known throughout the fragrance world and is considered the most disgusting scent in the world. It was fun to read all the comments here. Also on Youtube it hails criticism and mockery. With the scent descriptions it was really hard to imagine a scent. I was really curious and wanted to make my own picture. Even though the respect was great to test such a fragrance, curiosity won out. What many people say about this scent: It smells like a crime with a deadly end.

Order a small bottling. The brand is actually quite cool. Funny names in beautiful flacons with actually good serious concept.
One might think that this disgust was intended, but it is stated above that this was expressly denied. So it was not the intention to release such an odoriferous accident One thing has been achieved: It polarizes so much that many people know it, not only niche lovers. It's also a way to achieve fame
Now to the test, for which I had a lot of respect: It starts extremely metallic. And it has a disgusting milky note. I actually like milk, but here it smells so discordant. Like warmed up and slightly rancid. And there's a totally disgusting metallic blood note. There's supposed to be adrenaline in it, but I have no idea what it smells like. It would go well with that disgusting blood smell. It's supposed to have saliva and semen in it, too. Saliva goes there, smells a bit like "cardboard mouth" with bad breath. Also a bit like a wet dog. In any case, something like that doesn't belong in perfume. I find the blood note alone tasteless. In the further course the smell becomes more bearable, but remains on a disgusting level.
I imagined it to be more disgusting, but still: Here you feel a little nauseous and the saliva production increases. This fragrance is not recommended for weak noses. This smell is an accident. It's not suitable for me as perfume. How one can bring something like that on the market as a serious brand remains a mystery to me. Even if some people rate the fragrance highly, for me abstract art is breadless and useless art. For me, perfume is about smelling good and nothing else.
Uses could be..: As a matching Halloween scent for a zombie costume, for seizing a train compartment or if you're mean to secretly spray people with this scent. There are no limits to the imagination.

If this fragrance had come on the market as a joke article, I would have given 10, but it's 0, because it's not a perfume for me and thus passed by topic. Set 6!

Tell You When You're Older
The instantaneous preconception-free association that this conjures, is that of freshly issued semen. How do I know? Tell you when you're older! To quote the ~Old Testament~ (as Christians call it), that " ... that chanceth a man ... ". Chanceth? Yeah, yeah!

Apparantly, there is a tree that emits that aroma when it blossoms in the spring - the Callery Pear. I've never experienced the olfactory delight of the callery pear-tree in blossom, but I'm keen to. Might be having a chance about nowish if I'm willing to travel a little.

I do heed the warning fræ a little further down, that if you actually wear it ... but is that reviewer ^seriously^ writing that about how it unfoldeth ^literally^ unspeakable horrors ^actually^ with a view to ^actually^ the reader not wearing it? I think not, somehow! Alright then - I'm baited! Not that I needed to be. I ^am^ going to give it a proper run-out soon. Not doing is simply not a viable proposition!

A few hours later now, & I've been intraspiring repeatedly @ the card I left handy with it sprayed on specifically for that purpose. Can't honestly say I find it utterly repugnant. I am strangely drawn unto taking repeated intraspirations of it, though. The persons who say it's the worst thing they've ever smelt, & that it literally makes them gag, or whatever: have they never had a mouse die in some sequestered place in their house, and not know of it until the smell betrays it? Now ^that^ is what I call a repugnant smell - tetra- & penta-methylene diamines. Of course, I cannot say definitively that they ^don't^ find it ^that^ repugnant; but to me it is not even remotely in that class. But nor is it funky-skanky in the usual perfumery sense. I would say it ^is^ a valid perfume; but it's very much a °right-turn° of one (what people in most countries call a 'left-turn'). To me it's more sinister than unpleasant. Kind of what one might imagine to be the pervading aroma in certain scenes in stories of HP Lovecraft.

Nearly two days later now: I find this, on the basis of the sample on cardboard, to be ^extremely^ tenacious, although the ^instantaneous^ perception is always of a rather light & subtle 'fume. ~Deefit~ & ~Evak~ best express my perception of it. Apart fræ my initial impression as at first stated, there is little-or-nothing specific that to me it ~smells of~ - but it is indeed ^nightmarish^. I do think my perception well-fits the inclusion of ~adrenalin~ amongst the notes.

~Monsieur Zolo~ is being extremely ~HP Lovecraft~ian - and I do mean ~taunting~ or ~baiting~ ^very^ much as that author does! I think rotten-corpse notes (the tetra- & penta-methylene diamines) would be brazenly apparent @ the very outset - unless the 'fume contains a precursor of these (?) - but anyway ~Monsieur Zolo says "beyond gross": that would °merely° be ^extremely^ gross. I am intrigued as to that that reviewer meaneth!

In fact, I am strongly inclined to deem that he is just bluffing! If uw're not & uw're reading this, clarify! s'il vous plait. But if he is, the fact that I think he might not be saith somewhat about this 'fume!

... {about another day or so} ....

Something has just occured to me that might avail unto unravelling of this matter: what about the smell of ^tears^ - has it got that in it? Do tears contain adrenaline?

Somewhat else as well: I'll bet this 'fume has been researched by the military, & the secret services (for real!), as an ancilliary to torture, for one thing. Just trickle it into the air conditioning of the excruciatee's cell @ certain carefully chosen times ... let whatever independent doctors whosoever might appoint them do whatsoever examinations - they won't find anything amiss! Maybe the causation is t'other way round: maybe this ^is^ a spin-off of military÷secret-services research!

{ ... another couple o' days later ... }

Message received! Monsieur Zolo. I accept thy challenge! Can't say exactly when, though. & perhaps I'd better have some swarfega™ handy! (Special duper-super powerful soap for removing engine oil & other such intractable nocencies.)

I have recently recalled another figure for the aroma of this 'fume. I knew something was lurking in my mind, but it just would not surface; and now it has! You know the flowers in ~Lord of the Rings~ in the meadows flanking the road to Minas Morgul - the ones that are like 'demented forms in a nightmare'? Well, this is the aroma of them! This is ^definitely^ the fume of those very flowers!

Another jointly literary & mystickal observation comes to mind in connection with that extraordinarily prominent °marine° note that many reviewers here agree on, and what I would liken to mud-flats, such as Morecambe Bay, after the tide has gone out: Thomas de Quincy, in ~Confessions of an Opium Eater~ describes the smell of opium as one of the "least stupid" (sic) of all smells, another being the smell of a sea-port. This chimes, I think, with the use of marine notes in perfumery in general. The mystical half (and I think we are for the most part adults here; & insofar as that is not so, I am @ least making a bona-fide observation & not being gratuitously rude) is that many, particularly of a mystickal bent, hold that the resemblance in the aroma of semen to that of the mud-flats-after-tide-ebbing aroma is of the deepest kind of significance & harks back to our perancient origins amongst marine organisms (orga~ni~sms! (apologies! said I wasn't going to be gratuitously rude, didn't I?)), & is a relick of the same.

Weird!

... about a bit more than a week later ...
I've been experimenting with taking this round wirh me & putting it on card for people to intraspire at. The results are ^amazing^!! It seriously spooks people! I mean ^seriously^!

Mrsg37
My worst olfactory experience ever!
This just smells WRONG period. There's being edgy and there's being downright vile, this is the latter. I've tested scents that I've disliked even found that some have brought on a headache but never have I felt my stomach turn so much that I have the urge to vomit.......until I tried this. Harsh maybe, but true from my experience.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
After a repulsive salty-metallic opening, this aquatic musky-floral fragrance slowly settles to a more gentle spicy-woody base. Challenging!
KimJongKimJong 9 months ago
WARNING: Spraying Secretions Magnifiques to others is a harassment or violent crime.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Sour plum juice past its sell-by date. Metallic, slightly milky and ozonic; overall quite unpleasant.
OPomoneOPomone 5 years ago
The Rocky Horror Picture Show in a bottle!
Campy humor and parody excess may make a great movie, not a great scent.

by Spawny
by Spawny
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
by Sani
by Sani

Popular Etat Libre d'Orange

Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange Rien Intense Incense by Etat Libre d'Orange Divin'Enfant by Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine Houseboy by Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange You Or Someone Like You by Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange The Afternoon of a Faun by Etat Libre d'Orange Attaquer Le Soleil - Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d'Orange Noël au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre by Etat Libre d'Orange Une Amourette - Roland Mouret by Etat Libre d'Orange She Was an Anomaly by Etat Libre d'Orange Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre d'Orange Remarkable People by Etat Libre d'Orange Like This / Like This - Tilda Swinton by Etat Libre d'Orange Cologne by Etat Libre d'Orange La Fin du Monde by Etat Libre d'Orange Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre d'Orange