Vierges et Toreros by Etat Libre d'Orange

Vierges et Toreros 2007

Deefit
09.11.2015 - 06:25 PM

Virgins and bullfighters.

Upon application, I immediately smell something bloody and I am reminded of my bad experience with Secretions Magnifiques. Ever since I tried that, most of the ELDO creations are ruined for me, as they share a common accord. Now, combine that association with the artwork that comes along with this perfume and it's no surprise where we can link the blood smell to, for both the virgins as well as the bullfighters. ;-)

I think most ELDO perfumes should be considered as an olfactory experience or art if you will, and not so much as wearable perfume. Yes, I know that eventually it's a matter of taste, but I think it's fairly safe to say that there are few who would actually enjoy wearing this.

After the sharpness of the opening settles down a little, I do get the leather. But it's so strong and animalic, it's as if I can smell the bull while it is still alive. That is why the association with blood makes me feel uncomfortable. The projected cloud was much lighter than when I smelled it up close to the skin, so perhaps this could work when applied lightly and from a distance, making it less concentrated in one spot on the skin.

After about 10 minutes, I washed this off. Even if the heart would have been gorgeous, the opening of this perfume is something I could never get past. Better yet, an opening I would never want to get past. To be fair, I think ELDO is very good in creating these olfactory experiences. I remember smelling Secretions Magnifiques, and the scent itself wasn't even really disgusting. But the scent evokes such strong associations that most people feel disgusted.

Latest Reviews

DeefitDeefit 5 years ago
Kiste - Slumberhouse

Kiste These are not the peaches you're looking for.
As much as I love Norne and Jeke, I simply cannot stand Kiste. It's reminiscent of Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant and even Armani Privé Ambre Eccentrico, and both have a similar cloying and to me sickening sweetness to them...

DeefitDeefit 6 years ago
Sale Perfume 01 - Michał Szulc

Sale Perfume 01 Better than DK Black Cashmere, and less expensive as well!
This is really similar to DK Black Cashmere, but it's a lot less expensive, it lasts longer and it's actually a bit less dry than Black Cashmere. It's also somewhat similar to Piotr Czarnecki Sensei, but that...