You Or Someone Like You 2017

You Or Someone Like You by Etat Libre d'Orange
You Or Someone Like You is a popular perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange for women and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Caroline Sabas

Garden rose, Mint, Wild grass

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.10.2020.

The fragrance is made in collaboration with the American author Chandler Burr and named after one of his novels.

DerDefcon
Reduced, uncomplicated, liked by everyone.
Inspired by the comment of my prescriber and attached to the really good offer in the online store, I dared to blindly order this little fragrance. The pyramid read promisingly and raised expectations, which - I anticipate - were not disappointed.

"You Or Someone Like You" starts with a friendly, bright rose, which for now underlines the declaration of this perfume as a women's fragrance. This lovely rose - completely opposite to the one in "Noir de Noir" or "Lumière Noire pour homme" ... to name a few examples - remains with us throughout the entire fragrance, but with the addition of mint and grasses it takes on a wonderful green hue. Their sweetness and therefore "femininity" is dimmed a little bit, the mint provides a great freshness kick and the grasses make me think of a mowed meadow in the early morning, when the cut is still a little bit moist and its aroma thus becomes even clearer than usual.

Usually I write more extensive comments, but here I just don't know what else to write. Again a fragrance with a reduced scent pyramid has managed to inspire me. In my family circle "You Or Someone Like You" is very popular, so that my actually perfume-sceptical wife Mutter would like to wear this scent the next days. I was astonished - and I don't want to withhold this from you - when I explained that according to the manufacturer it is actually a women's fragrance and that I - yes I - wear it. So we see again that this division into "male/female" is obsolete in many cases, as it is in this one. In the forum there is an exhilarating discussion about this - just as a side note and as information for you, if someone wants to join in.

For shelf life and silage:

The latter is quite restrained. So it is guaranteed that the environment doesn't choke on "You Or Someone Like You". Therefore - and this comes from a less sprayer - a more generous application is allowed.
The durability is extremely good. Even after seven hours I can still perceive the fragrance myself without any problems. For a newcomer this is more than acceptable and other fragrance houses that sell more expensive products are welcome to take a leaf out of my book.

Let's summarize:

With "You Or Someone Like You" you get a perfume that can be worn by virtually everyone at any time and on any occasion. The ridiculous 60,- Euro for 50ml were therefore more than worth it. Now I have to defend the fragrance from the relatives, so that I can get enough of it
Benedikt2019
You, or someone like you...
Such a beautiful, playful and romantic title that I liked the fragrance even before I had worn or smelled it for the first time. Yesterday, however, it was time for a day test to follow. What was blowing under my nose was a refreshing experience and worth reporting. First I considered to promote the fragrance in my title as follows:

"Prikelndes-Minz-Rosenwasserchen"

However, the name of the fragrance itself is already so beautiful that a translation into German emphasizes the romantic vein that is in it even more. Let's see if the link between fragrance and fragrance name will be successful later, you can be curious.

We begin classically with an analysis of the scent:

It does not contain much, but the few fragrances are - in my opinion - perfectly matched and balanced in their respective proportions. When spraying and wearing it, I smell the wonderful mint all the time, it looks as if it is lying in a glass of mineral water with a good bubble. One has this feeling of being invigorated by the scent, that's how piquilly fresh it is. The mint also gives a pleasant coolness. In addition to this, I call it "garden chords". The rose is - fortunately - easy to smell in the background and also wild grasses of all kinds appear under the nose. YOSLU is therefore a prime example of a fresh green scent. What I like best is this cool, bubbly mint freshness, which I have never smelled before. I am curious to apply it at 30 degrees plus, then it will certainly cool me down nicely. However, it fits best in spring and early summer, because it has exactly this invigorating - or revitalizing - effect on me, just like spring. The fragrance remains very straightforward for the first few hours and a small competition between the fragrances develops. Sometimes I smell more mint, sometimes the rose and then it gets grassy again. In the end, however, a beautiful, indefinable and delicate mixture remains, which seems incredibly pure. By the way, the fragrance is pure all the time. I'd also classify it as unisex, although some people here might find it too feminine. This is certainly due to the rose.

Shelf life and silage:

It is a quiet but not mute fragrance! It's good at first. It doesn't kill anyone, but can be smelled for about two hours at arm's length. Afterwards it slowly retreats and can be sniffed for the wearer for a good 5-6 hours. This is enough for me, because YOSLU is not a fragrance that you want to fog someone with. It is a fragrance for those who are looking for a gentle sneak, a delicate fragrance cloud and want to feel fresh and free. The price is also within reason.

Title and scent ?

At the beginning I reported about the romantic title, which immediately captivated me. Afterwards I told you about a rather fresh and cool spring scent and the question is in the room, what connects both? I find a lot! First of all one can say that it is an incredibly delicate fragrance, which carries a certain melancholic-romantic vein through the rose. "You, or someone like you" could just describe the feeling of a person who has been abandoned and is slowly freeing herself from the winter of emotions and is ready to give herself to someone new. Although he/she has not yet completely overcome him/her and is still looking for a similar type, she is doing better. She feels fresh, invigorated, the energy bubbles up in her again. She/he sits in the garden, looks at the beautiful nature and for a short time she is gone, the memory of the pain of the past. Yes, the fragrance embodies the revival of an injured soul, the resurrection of the feelings of love and this in the image of a beautiful, invigorating spring landscape.

I've finished...

Emorandeira
Fresh mint perfume for everyday use
You or someone like you is a very good fragance, different to other mint perfumes that i have tried before. The mint is the main note without any doubt, but is not the typical chewie gum mint but a very real mint leave smell. It is like smashing mint leaves with the hands and smell It. The grasa, the rose and probably some musk finish this very simple and lineal fragance but very nice and weareable.
This perfume has a very fresh and Green vibe si i think can be a good alternative for everyday use, overall un spring/summer, to the typical an classical Cologne scentrs. This is a different way yo smell fresh and clean but different and original. The performance is not great but better than other fresh fragances.

Scent: 8
Longevity: 7
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 9
Originality: 8
Global: 8

Cozzin
Mint or someone like mint
I just love this fragrance. It's nothing pretentious, it doesn't try to be something that it's not and I feel that by doing so is currently underrated. It's mint with green,rosy freshness and traces of white musk. There's not much development but it doesn't need to have it.
I love it for how it makes me feel: happy, energetic and vibrant.

Minty
The first thing I felt was mint, a powerful, refreshing mint as someone rubbed a mint leaf into his hands. I picked the mint from the fields many times. This smell is exactly the same.
After a while some strong green notes feel their presence. They change the direction of the perfume a little, but the mint remains at the center of the composition.
Because mint is very often used in medicine, it can be said that the smell of the perfume recalls the medicinal smell of the pills.
The dry-down is minty musk. Now the mint is stronger to my nose. It is like a last swing before it disappears altogether.
It is a nice perfume for summer, sparkling, boozy, with a lot of personality. It is a try!

Pietros921
When you smell it seems so good but when you spray it..
When you spray it the magic disappears...it gets thicker, heavier, creamier, muskier...I wish it had more the dry vibe of Creed Royal Mayfair. Very good alternative for all year round , it can be used in any occasion just to smell different for one day..

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 88 days ago
Initially slightly citric, yet very bright (and minty) fresh-green Summer fragrance, balanced by a soft powdery-floral base. 100% Unisex!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 172 days ago
Fresh mint scent good for everyday use. It is like smashing mint leaves with the hands. Very realistic smell. Has also rose, grass and musk
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Good and fresh scent. A little bit too bright and synthetic for my taste

by Serlo
by Serlo
by Carboytony
by Carboytony

Popular Etat Libre d'Orange

Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine Houseboy by Etat Libre d'Orange Divin'Enfant by Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange Rien Intense Incense by Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange The Afternoon of a Faun by Etat Libre d'Orange Attaquer Le Soleil - Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d'Orange Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre by Etat Libre d'Orange Noël au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange Remarkable People by Etat Libre d'Orange Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre d'Orange Une Amourette - Roland Mouret by Etat Libre d'Orange Like This / Like This - Tilda Swinton by Etat Libre d'Orange La Fin du Monde by Etat Libre d'Orange Cologne by Etat Libre d'Orange She Was an Anomaly by Etat Libre d'Orange Archives 69 by Etat Libre d'Orange Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre d'Orange