Etra (2000)

Etra by Etro

Etra is a perfume by Etro for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBourbon geranium, Rose, Ceylon cinnamon, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesMysore sandalwood, Milk
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.10.2019.

10.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Floramalia
It's the milk that does it
I use Etra phasewise since his appearance. Now a 50ml bottle was empty and after a few weeks I have again supplies and the - yes, really - relief with husband and daughter has given me the push to choose Etra "officially" as my signature fragrance.

And in fact, I immediately feel absolutely at one with the fragrance. I save myself now everything hymnical and few lenses, which one likes to write gladly over the own signature smell in such a way, even if it would apply.

The chord of milk from the fragrance pyramid may seem unusual, but in fact Etra does not smell of milk at any time. Rather, this chord seems rather metaphorical. It is, as it were, the fluid that harmoniously combines all the components of the fragrance into a whole, a white, gentle entity.

For me Etra is something like a gourmand for beginners. True gourmet scent lovers may smile, but vanilla, cinnamon, pimento with delicate sweetness in a soft milky veil, for me this is already gourmet...
On me, Etra very quickly develops into a spicy harmonic unity with a lightly rosy-floral freshness. I can't make out any herbaceous and green or even citric notes at the beginning either.

I think the shelf life is okay, the light vanilla base I can sniff even the next morning. The scent is at least after about two hours quite close to the body.

A soft and warm scent, which I like very much at any time of the year, at any time of day and night and at any occasion!

Shabby chic
Etra Etro is a graceful, bright, sweet floral-fruity-woody scent played with delicate “white” notes mainly revolving around rose, sandalwood, and an accord which somehow resembles to tea for me, although the note is not listed. You know that “shabby chic” thing (both in fashion and house furniture)? That is what I thought about smelling Etra Etro. It smells natural, lively and somehow “countryside-ish”, but a civilized, posh, affected, slightly pretentious and somehow coquettish kind of countryside. Not sure why but that “world” came to my mind when wearing this Etro’s, but well, here we are. Well anyway, that tea smell I mentioned earlier – and which honestly is quite prominent to me – plus the “white” flowers reminded me a bit of Parfum d’Empire’s Osmanthus Interdite, which to me is somehow similar to Etra Etro, at least to some extent. That feeling of something “juicy” and tea-like is probably due to some fruity notes, a really simple, fresh, “watery” rose and the floral-woody-sweet notes of sandalwood, carnation and pimiento (which you can easily spot here). Vanilla, cedar and a subtle musk note compose the base notes. Nothing groundbreaking but a really graceful, pleasant, fresh scent, more substantial than it seems. Understate radiance. Good!

7/10

by Cristalle
by Eloise
by Eloise

Popular Etro

Heliotrope (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Rajasthan by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Messe de Minuit (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Shaal Nur by Etro Etra by Etro Paisley by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Ambra (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Magot by Etro Lemon Sorbet (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Sandalo (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Palais Jamais by Etro Dianthus by Etro Jacquard by Etro Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Musk (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Via Verri (2010) by Etro Pegaso by Etro