Lemon Sorbet (1989) Eau de Toilette

Lemon Sorbet (Eau de Toilette) by Etro

Lemon Sorbet (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Etro for women and men and was released in 1989. The scent is citrusy-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange, Paraguayan petigrain, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesProvençal lavender, Rosemary, Rosewood, Thyme, Mint, Carnation leaf
Base Notes Base NotesMysore sandalwood, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.11.2019

7.0 4.0 5.0 7.0/10

Darkbeat
A "eau de cologne" too expensive for what it offers
This is the first perfume Etro house that I try, and, to tell the truth, I have stayed a bit that I do not know what to think. It is also true that it is a citrus perfume and, at the beginning, I knew that it would not have a spectacular performance, but ... at the price it is, I expected something more durable and original.

The perfume smells great, in my opinion it's a cool cologne without any pretensions. The output is a powerful and green lemon, which rests on a herbal lap of petitgrain and rosemary very fresh and airy, but with a dirty, very deep bottom, given by the vetiver, which initially feels very light. Then, little by little, the vetiver is taking body, and together with the lemon, they make a very refreshing and earthy set, with a very nice smoky touch. After the time the citrus fruits disappear and we have a very aerated and ethereal vetiver, something earthy and dry, on a soft sandalwood background. A fresh, cheerful and very pleasant aroma, that everyone will like, and above all, those who love citrus fruits, but it is indifferent to me. I like its smell, but its performance is that of a good cologne, and at the price this is, I do not even think about a purchase.

The performance is moderate pulling to poor, in duration, I stand for about 6 hours on my skin, with a soft wake, start something more powerful, but then it passes flush with skin. If its price was something more in accordance with the content, it would be a good colony, but I do not think it's fair the money they ask for it.

It is an aroma of warm and temperate climates and daytime use, which the same, for this reason I have had such a poor performance, I will try again with a little warmer weather and we'll see if it changes or not. At the moment I would only recommend it to people who like citrus perfumes, but not without a skin test.

Sorry for my bad english.
6.0 5.0 5.5/10

Lemon Sorbet
“Lemon Sorbet” is the first fragrance I've tried from Etro even though, judging by many of the reviews of the juice, it's not been enthusiastically embraced by the perfume community. Now I understand why.

“Lemon Sorbet” opens with a fresh burst of citruses (lemon, to be more precise) combined with herbs (petitgrain and rosemary). The herbal notes lend some quirkiness to the composition in the form of a slightly dirty vibe which prevents the scent from being categorised as “yet-another-uninspiring-summery-citrusy” cologne. In the heart, its herbal character is sustained by the appearance of lavender, but the scent gradually loses much of its intensity. The base is a bit of an anticlimax, demonstrating that “Lemon Sorbet”, just like many other citrus-based fragrances, has fallen into the common trap of failing to maintain one´s interest down to the basenotes.

On balance, if I were given a flacon of “Lemon Sorbet” as a gift, I definitely wouldn't roll my eyes but would be quite contented to use it till the last drop. However, since such a scenario seems highly unlikely, there are much better citrus scents out there that my nose and heart (but not my wallet, unfortunately) hanker after. Still, I find “Lemon Sorbet” to be an interesting enough introduction into the world of Etro fragrances.
7.5 5.0 6.0/10

Drseid
Abracadabra Poof It Is Gone...
I am somewhat hesitant to give this one a thumbs up, because similar to Trumper's Extract of West Indian Limes, it just disappears after a minute or two on my skin. That said, it is quite the minute, as the lemon blast you get from Etro's Lemon Sorbet is an incredible natural lemon top note that I just love. Then the scent nearly disappears, leaving only the faintest trace of a mild musky herbal base that stays a skin scent for the duration. I definitely like the scent and award it 3 stars out of 5, but due to the longevity issues I can't recommend a buy... Oh do I so wish I could prolong the top notes on this one...
7.5 4.0/10

fresh oregano
The first couple of times I wore this scent, I loved its deep, refreshing lemony scent. The next few times I tried it, it had much more of an herb scent to it, like fresh oregano. It would be nice over pasta, but I just don't enjoy wearing fresh oregano.This is not for me.(052410)

KingPin 6 months ago
Sharp, synthetic rosemary, oregano, pepper, herbal scent with a drop of lemon. Nope, not working Etro!

Popular Etro

Heliotrope (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Rajasthan by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Messe de Minuit (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Shaal Nur by Etro Etra by Etro Paisley by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Ambra (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Magot by Etro Lemon Sorbet (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Sandalo (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Palais Jamais by Etro Dianthus by Etro Jacquard by Etro Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Musk (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Via Verri (2010) by Etro Pegaso by Etro