Musk Eau de Toilette

Musk (Eau de Toilette) by Etro

Musk (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Etro for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-powdery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Verbena, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesGaiac wood, Sandalwood, White rose, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Indian sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.11.2019.

Duftsucht
Musky soap dream? Yeah, it's real!

I am still looking for an Etro fragrance to use under Vicolo Fiori. Vicolo is a beautiful floral scent with a (to me too strong) vanilla note. That's why I'm currently trying the "pure" basic scents of Etro: "Ambra", "Musk" and "Patchouli".
"Musk" starts like many Etros, with a surge of citrus - in this case bergamot, grapefruit, verbena. So with a slightly bitter component, which I like very much. The slightly citrus tang remains and continues to accompany the fragrance as a delicate touch. Actually the fragrance should be called "Musk-Sandalo", because sandalwood gives the equal partner to musk.
The fragrance is very unagitated, clean, straightforward and elegant. A small sandalwood box containing a love letter delicately perfumed with musk, a bouquet of a single white rose and three lilies of the valley. A wonderful clean scent, not animalistic, not heavy, not sweetishly opulent, but delicate, skin-tight. I can imagine to put it on after a bath in the evening, if I want to prolong this fresh and bathed feeling.
For me, the fragrance is surprising, because Musk always makes me think immediately of musk bombs of the 80s: What did I suffer from the choice of perfume of some of my colleagues, who, with a blatant overdose, took up all the air in the tiny office...
"Musk" by Etro is a completely different type of musk. Restrained, noble and clean-soapy. I find him solo very, very beautiful - whether he really fits under Vicolo Fiori - or whether the vanilla doesn't butcher him, I must test separately at the next opportunity!
2.5

Ode to fondness
Scent of affection, scent of thoughtful discussions, scent of unidentifiable amiability... that is in MUSK. I am truly amazed by this unique and dear fragrance.

Verbena + gaiac - they are doing miracle here. Gaiac is a magical word for me. I can not identify it, when I smell, I just know, that I want that fragrance - and it is the same good feeling in me when a perfume has dominant gaiac amongst the notes. It does not seem to be wood or flower or an earthy note. If dark-yellow or brown citruses would exist, then gaiac would that be. I think, if someone would like to experience this note, the best choice is Gaïac by Micallef.

In MUSK it is mixed with herbal notes, that makes it even more fascinating!

Later on the scent tends to be a gaiac-cedarwood mix, not sweet, not flowery at all, rather unisex than at the beginning. Even if you overdose it (of course I tried), it will not turn to a raving lunatic, it stays a skin-fragrance, but gets more herbal gravity.

A slight metallic end showes presence of musk, and that is all. I would suggest to rename this creation.

Vielen Dank :-*  manchmal genügt ein Hauch Transparenz vollkommen
by Seejungfrau
by Undsoweiter
by Undsoweiter

Popular Etro

Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Shaal Nur by Etro ManRose by Etro Ambra (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Palais Jamais by Etro Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Rajasthan by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Paisley by Etro Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Heliotrope (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Etra by Etro Messe de Minuit (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Greene Street by Etro Via Verri by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Via Verri (2010) by Etro Dianthus by Etro Jacquard by Etro