New Tradition 2002Eau de Toilette

New Tradition (Eau de Toilette) by Etro
New Tradition (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Etro for women and men and was released in 2002. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Iris, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.01.2021.

5.5
Lux soap from the 1979 West Package
When the Iron Curtain was still hanging and we poor brothers and sisters had received a package of consumer goods every half year from our Western relatives (which was fitting for Easter and Christmas), there were always - really always - two pieces of Lux soap in it besides the tights, the Jacobs coffee (coronation!) and the chewing gum balls for the child (me!). The whole top and bottom each covered by a "Brigitte" and an old Neckermann catalogue, because grandma for the Lusatian villagewomen made the models from the booklets.
Grandma then promptly loaded the Lux soap into her old walnut wardrobe - between the white linen, where the soap then gave off its smell to the laundry as long as it was inside, after which the soap was used for its original purpose.
So I can turn it around as I like - the scent is inseparably connected to my grandmother and to everything that my stays with her had made out.

"New Tradition" does exactly that for me - the perfect flashback into 1979. Can you find it good or not - I like it less. Especially since only "tradition" remains of the name and a lot of new things are not on it.

I tried to bend the very dominant soap with a little patchouly from Etro's same series into a less traditional direction and let the grandmother become at least a Crazy Old Cat Lady - it doesn't work. It'll just be Lux soap with Patchouly.

I had noticed the little test when I had bought Etro's "Patchouly" (also such a mistake) - I will probably distribute the rest between my whites. ;-)

Sommerflieder, unwiderstehlich für alle Schmetterlinge
by Chnokfir
by Eloise
by Eloise

Popular Etro

ManRose by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Shaal Nur by Etro Palais Jamais by Etro Ambra (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Rajasthan by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Paisley by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Heliotrope (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Messe de Minuit (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Etra by Etro Greene Street by Etro Via Verri by Etro Via Verri (2010) by Etro Dianthus by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Jacquard by Etro