Paisley 2011

Paisley by Etro
Paisley is a popular perfume by Etro for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Currant leaf, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Pink pepper, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.07.2020.

Duftsucht
Entry in the Guinness Book of Records requested!

Sometimes it's fragrances that you only discover by chance that take your breath away. Paisley was a by-catch when ordering various bottlings: so to speak: Etro, yes, why not? Smell pyramid sounds pretty good, so give me a couple of cc's to test it out. Then what? Spray on and bang: heart trapped. I can't tell you exactly what it is. It is a little fresh, a little spicy, a little flowery, a little oriental, a little green, a little earthy, a little cuddly - doesn't it sound particularly exciting to your ears and perhaps a little arbitrary? Yes, it may sound that way, but that only means that I don't have the words here, because it smells wonderfully wonderful. I actually emptied the bottling in Guinness Book of Records worthy of speed, because Paisley always suits me: during the day, in the evening, as a good night scent, during work, at the opera, in warmth, in cold - it doesn't matter, it's simply sensational!

At the beginning, I am sometimes quite quickly enthusiastic about scents - and when I have almost emptied a bottling, I notice that the euphoria of the early days has disappeared - and sometimes very concise scents get on my nerves
With Paisley, it's just the other way around. The longer I wear it, the more facets I discover. A lush abundance of flowers, which often quickly becomes too much for me, is opulent here, but remains radiant and does not become oppressive. Vanilla is to be suspected delicately in the background, but luckily does not bring any additional sweetness. The amber, which makes the fragrance so sexy, is irresistibly cuddly in combination with resin, a touch of patchouli and sparingly dosed green spice - and yet elegant and not a trace intrusive. Possibly because the fragrance keeps the spicy freshness of the beginning on my skin all the time. It is completely harmonious and coherent for me in every phase of its development - and I quite often stick my nose to my wrist, on which I always treat myself to a small extra spray for a somewhat inconspicuous sniff.

As a rule, I am not a fan of oriental fragrances - usually not even of those that go in this direction. Paisley is to my great surprise my very own private dream Oriental. For me he fulfils all the associations that the Orient evokes in me: warmth, sensuality, opulence, but also intimacy, restraint, grace, elegance.

I don't think Paisley fills too much room. He is very present at the beginning, but quickly retreats close to his body - I even spray again at noon without feeling overly perfumed.

The greatest Etro I've ever tested! And completely clear that as soon as possible one of the beautiful bottles will move in with me!

A very special treasure
Over the past year I have tested a lot of fragrances. Many I quickly forgot again, some were terrible and some I liked well. However it happens rather rarely that one finds a smell so really great.

With "Paisley" a very special treasure finally reached me again, which landed directly on my wish list.

He just suits me. He's fresh and cheerful, but also somehow fluffy and, what's special about him for me, despite his suppleness he has a little bit of something brittle and distant.

"Paisley" starts citrically fresh and slightly sweet. In the course of time it becomes more flowery and creamy. In the base it becomes then cuddly sweet. From beginning to end I perceive the pepper in the background, which prevents the fragrance from becoming too dear.

In my opinion, "Paisley" perfectly underlines the essence of a modern, self-confident woman who knows what she wants, who "stands her man" and who nevertheless fully stands by her femininity
Only shortcoming, something is always, it does not last so long with approx. 7 hours.

I think the bottle is a good fit. He's pretty and filigree, but not too kitschy.

I'm thrilled! :-)

PBullFriend
nitrous oxide in a lovely bottle
When I first applied this scent, I found I could best describe its washed-out pleasantness in an equation:

(Preparation Parfumee - lily) = (expensive soap + hint of jasmine) = dove-grey textured silk on a tall, pale brunette

But things soon went downhill. In five minutes a chemical pall quickly descended on me, reminding me of the scent of nitrous oxide. This is the same nauseating experience I had with Calvin Klein Reveal, which I also reviewed here. The only listed note that the two have in common is pink pepper, and I'm doubting that's the problem. (The Parfumo database lists 1934 scents that contain it, including some I like very much, including Bottega Veneta, Chanel AHEB, Bulgari The' Rouge, and Marni.)

I should really get a set of aromachemicals most used in perfumes, so I can distinguish my ambroxan from my galaxolide. Meanwhile, I would suggest that there's a reason that no famous "nose" claimed responsibility for this scent. What a waste of a lovely bottle!

Dry Peppery Paisley
The famous paisley pattern has always been one of Etro's favourite designs and the fragrance is supposed to pay homage to the brand's heritage. "Paisley EdP" from 2011 features pink pepper and cardamon and retains these two elements all the way up to the drydown. "Eastern" influences are further heightened by a dry, greenish jasmine. In the drydown, a touch of patchouli and something the manufacturer calls "grey ambregris" round off the composition. Long after I had applied "Paisley" I could smell the pink pepper-cardamon-combo synthesised with jasmine. This is a biting scent which has no grand seduction in mind (paisley is actually a symbol of fertility). The strong accent on pink peper and cardamon underpinned by jasmine and the "grey substance" used in the drydown ("grey ambregris", I bet it's 100% synthetic) turn this into a sharp, dry fragrance which I don't enjoy.

Sweet purchase
Paisley was my companion of today. I was looking for a birthday present for my big sister.

At the beginning the Sweetness was too much. I had the hope that she is a little lost on the way through the town or up to the base note. Cardamom and the pink pepper should hold against this.

I just have tested a second time. Bergamot and said sweet immediately seemed. Unfortunately, I haven't been aware of the spices at all. Ambergris and the vanilla probably have still more added sweet ones.
It doesn't have shall be. Too bad!

I have by the way found a present and Paisley therefore has at least functioned as Charm.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A well balanced spicy-flowery unisex fragrance that reminds to oriental landscapes. Not too strong sillage in comparison with the high price

by tIgerknurren
by tIgerknurren

Popular Etro

ManRose by Etro Shaal Nur by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Palais Jamais by Etro Ambra (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Rajasthan by Etro Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Messe de Minuit (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Heliotrope (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Greene Street by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Etra by Etro Via Verri by Etro Via Verri (2010) by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Jacquard by Etro Dianthus by Etro Marquetry (2015) by Etro