Vicolo Fiori (2011) Eau de Parfum

Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) by Etro
Bottle Design: Gimmo Etro

Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Etro for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBellflower, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Lotus, Melon, Wild rose, Waterlily, White peach, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Iris, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Aquila2110, last update on 08.11.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro, which differs in concentration.

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

GGaukeley
Creamy or sun creamy, that's the question
I like creamy scents very much, I feel mostly cultivated-elegant with it even if I lie in the old T-shirt on the couch.

Sun cream on the other hand... I have real problems with that and usually sniff out something rancid that smells like old, spoiled cosmetic products. As a country child of the 70's I don't associate sun cream with summer, sun, beach and sea - my parents never went on holiday to the sea let alone that I knew someone in my environment who would have used sun protection at all
And so the question "creamy or sun creamy" decides with me between being and not being.
On Vicolo Fiori I was very excited because of the beautiful comments here and because I've been looking for a fresh flower scent for a long time and was really delighted when he fluttered into my house as a loving addition to a sharing post.

After some testing I can now at least say: I don't smell sun cream, it becomes slightly creamy in the course of time.
For me it's mainly soapy, and quite strong in the beginning. So strong that it takes some time until I find the flowers at all, tangerine and peach I can't make out. It is also not a flower freshness like on the early summer morning, for me the flowers have already reached the hot afternoon or hang to dry in tufts in the lane, almost a bit herbaceous.
The iris floats above everything, the other base notes do not come to the fore with me so strongly.

I will test Vicolo Fiori in any case as EDT, the EDP could not convince me so completely. He's definitely well done, but not really what I was looking for.
By the way, the Sillage seems to be quite good, Mr. Gaukeley could see it at a distance of about two meters, although I myself found him rather very close.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Kattugla
like a waterfall of silk
While reading the comments, I am sometimes astonished to see where the people gathered here have ended up in the world. I have never been further south than in Ulm in my (but already a little longer) life, so I have to pass with flowery and colourful Mediterranean associations.
Nevertheless, Vicolo Fiori finds a key in me, just disregards my aversion to flowery-fruity girls' stuff, rushes up mandariny-delicately and then sits down very carefully, quietly but consistently, to spread out a green and apricot-coloured, cool waterfall of silk embroidered with blossoms.
This is one of the few fragrances I'd like to wrap myself in. All around.

I hadn't expected that at all.

I got the little sample packed - together with three other Etros - when I bought "Patchouly". And the first one for quite a while - because it was not what I wanted - punished with disrespect.
That's the way it is with the expectations, she sometimes blinds herself to the treasures off the beaten track.

I still haven't figured out exactly what it is that makes Vicolo Fiori so irresistible to me. At first, the fragrance starts very loudly with mandarin, but it is only there to outwit me, because otherwise the delicate and idiosyncratic leading actress would hardly have a chance with me. The mandarin becomes quiet very quickly and makes room for Madame with a curtsey. I like her melon, I sniff her out too, peach (there probably comes the delicate apricot association of the fragrance) as well, the selection of flowers shouldn't be a bit sweeter or rosier, it's just right.
After a while, the fragrance becomes a little "square" (I don't know how else to describe it, maybe some people understand me, lavender is the epitome of the olfactory square for me, for example) - but that fits quite well, because otherwise the silky impression would simply flutter away without counterpoint.
The Sillage remains quite body-hugging, but that fits, because the fragrance invites. It still does - warmer and less bloody - after 6 hours.

Conclusion: Vicolo Fiori would have been - purely after the pyramid - neither bought nor specifically bottled. I'd have missed a little treasure.
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

The sea is calm
I love the sea. In all appearances and colors.
The dramatic storm thunder of the wildly stirred Atlantic on rugged cliffs of Brittany.
The quiet, flat crystal bays of French Polynesian insect idyll.
The turquoise green, pine shaded light of the Côte d'Azur.
The kilometre-long, deep blue surfer paradises along Californian, palm-shaded coastal roads.
The light grey, windless North Sea and its sea of ice floes in winter, the lonely light spots of the lighthouses and the foggy silhouette of the Halligen on the horizon.

Since you can rarely have everything at the same time, the longing varieties in the distance regularly tempt you to buy fragrant surrogates in beautiful flacons.

Vicolo Fiori tells a little story of carefree beach happiness and quiet days by the sea, of childhood memories of the mild Baltic Sea or fine powdery Mediterranean beaches in strong, light floral tones.
It is not fresh and also not cool, it is the sun cream on warm, well-groomed skin, the fine scent of white blossoming avenues in Mediterranean, honey yellow light, the security of a tender touch in the evening in the beach chair, when the water shimmers silvery, the sand lilac grey blurs with the twilight and only the gentle sound of the surf breaks through the silence.

A straightforward, friendly, peachy fragrance for the longing for summer dresses, sandcastles and the boundless freedom of the sea. The world rests, the figures fade as in "The Sea Is Calm" by Cocorosie:

"La mer est calme
Sous l'écran de la caméra
Comme une ampoule electrique grillée
Dans un seau d'eau

Il est sous le feu des projecteurs
D'un soleil cassé
Il a jette son corps comme une ancre
Comme un morceau de sucre
Et s'est dissout"

Ancaan 2 years ago
Very feminine and beautiful! Dewy flowers, juicy tangerine, creamy musk. Sweet but refreshing. Low longevity in summer, moderate in winter.+2

by Zora
by Nale
by Hyazinthe
by Hyazinthe

Popular Etro

Heliotrope (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Rajasthan by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Messe de Minuit (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Shaal Nur by Etro Etra by Etro Paisley by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Ambra (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Magot by Etro Lemon Sorbet (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Sandalo (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Palais Jamais by Etro Dianthus by Etro Jacquard by Etro Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Musk (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Via Verri (2010) by Etro Pegaso by Etro