Vicolo Fiori (2011)Eau de Parfum

Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) by Etro
Bottle Design Gimmo Etro

Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Etro for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBellflower, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Lotus, Melon, Wild rose, Waterlily, White peach, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Iris, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Aquila2110, last update on 28.05.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro, which differs in concentration.

Soul magic on the lake
In the shimmering heat of the day, the tired feet wander purposefully to the small lake. Situated in the shade of ancient trees, the silver water surface reflects the sky and the clouds moving in it. Looking up at the majestic leaves of the trees, this moment appears magical and harmonious at the same time. Through the light green roof of the leaves the sun's rays sparkle and tickle the skin. The scent of freshly washed laundry is carried to the nose by the wind and rounds off the impression.

Trees and water, blue, silver and green tones, can make one side of the soul vibrate.
Like a gentle breeze.
Peace returns and a balm can be applied to the mood. Weigh her gently and call to her... that's it! When you then dip your tired feet into the crystal clear frosty cold water, every exhaustion is blown away.

The smell:
As magical and quiet the impression at the lake was, as calm and balanced is this fragrance. Not excited or dramatic. Rather a stop for maltreated souls. (Provided you like flowers and clean white rose soap)
The fragrance is light creamy and gentle.
The combination of light citric and gentle watery clean flowers creates a very unique fragrance.
The violets and the roses, which actually create an impression of high-quality soap, are gently intertwined with the flowery events. Through the lily and the iris, an airy, ethereal touch is created. Almost as if the wind is whispering through the leaf canopy at the lake.
The vanilla and sandal give the EDP a slight touch of depth. But that's it. My nose can't make out much more of the scent. But it is enough so perfectly.
This fragrance lasts for 8 hours on my skin, but only close to my body. But this is not disturbing at all. I did not want to overdose it, because otherwise the ylang and musk become too dominant and can quickly destroy the harmonious overall picture.
The Sillage is for this fragrance rather to be sniffed close to the body. Unless you are standing in the wind, then you can also be guessed a little further away.

This fragrance is calm and unagitated. It appears clean and clear. Directly refreshing I would not want to say, rather balsamic pure.

Conclusion:
A soulful WaldseeMoment with bright flowers and clear character.
What people who like unobtrusive clean scents. Or for soul moments, cuddly creatures and other romantics

GGaukeley
Creamy or sun creamy, that's the question
I like creamy scents very much, I feel mostly cultivated-elegant with it even if I lie in the old T-shirt on the couch.

Sun cream on the other hand... I have real problems with that and usually sniff out something rancid that smells like old, spoiled cosmetic products. As a country child of the 70's I don't associate sun cream with summer, sun, beach and sea - my parents never went on holiday to the sea let alone that I knew someone in my environment who would have used sun protection at all
And so the question "creamy or sun creamy" decides with me between being and not being.
On Vicolo Fiori I was very excited because of the beautiful comments here and because I've been looking for a fresh flower scent for a long time and was really delighted when he fluttered into my house as a loving addition to a sharing post.

After some testing I can now at least say: I don't smell sun cream, it becomes slightly creamy in the course of time.
For me it's mainly soapy, and quite strong in the beginning. So strong that it takes some time until I find the flowers at all, tangerine and peach I can't make out. It is also not a flower freshness like on the early summer morning, for me the flowers have already reached the hot afternoon or hang to dry in tufts in the lane, almost a bit herbaceous.
The iris floats above everything, the other base notes do not come to the fore with me so strongly.

I will test Vicolo Fiori in any case as EDT, the EDP could not convince me so completely. He's definitely well done, but not really what I was looking for.
By the way, the Sillage seems to be quite good, Mr. Gaukeley could see it at a distance of about two meters, although I myself found him rather very close.
Kattugla
like a waterfall of silk
While reading the comments, I am sometimes astonished to see where the people gathered here have ended up in the world. I have never been further south than in Ulm in my (but already a little longer) life, so I have to pass with flowery and colourful Mediterranean associations.
Nevertheless, Vicolo Fiori finds a key in me, just disregards my aversion to flowery-fruity girls' stuff, rushes up mandariny-delicately and then sits down very carefully, quietly but consistently, to spread out a green and apricot-coloured, cool waterfall of silk embroidered with blossoms.
This is one of the few fragrances I'd like to wrap myself in. All around.

I hadn't expected that at all.

I got the little sample packed - together with three other Etros - when I bought "Patchouly". And the first one for quite a while - because it was not what I wanted - punished with disrespect.
That's the way it is with the expectations, she sometimes blinds herself to the treasures off the beaten track.

I still haven't figured out exactly what it is that makes Vicolo Fiori so irresistible to me. At first, the fragrance starts very loudly with mandarin, but it is only there to outwit me, because otherwise the delicate and idiosyncratic leading actress would hardly have a chance with me. The mandarin becomes quiet very quickly and makes room for Madame with a curtsey. I like her melon, I sniff her out too, peach (there probably comes the delicate apricot association of the fragrance) as well, the selection of flowers shouldn't be a bit sweeter or rosier, it's just right.
After a while, the fragrance becomes a little "square" (I don't know how else to describe it, maybe some people understand me, lavender is the epitome of the olfactory square for me, for example) - but that fits quite well, because otherwise the silky impression would simply flutter away without counterpoint.
The Sillage remains quite body-hugging, but that fits, because the fragrance invites. It still does - warmer and less bloody - after 6 hours.

Conclusion: Vicolo Fiori would have been - purely after the pyramid - neither bought nor specifically bottled. I'd have missed a little treasure.
The sea is calm
I love the sea. In all appearances and colors.
The dramatic storm thunder of the wildly stirred Atlantic on rugged cliffs of Brittany.
The quiet, flat crystal bays of French Polynesian insect idyll.
The turquoise green, pine shaded light of the Côte d'Azur.
The kilometre-long, deep blue surfer paradises along Californian, palm-shaded coastal roads.
The light grey, windless North Sea and its sea of ice floes in winter, the lonely light spots of the lighthouses and the foggy silhouette of the Halligen on the horizon.

Since you can rarely have everything at the same time, the longing varieties in the distance regularly tempt you to buy fragrant surrogates in beautiful flacons.

Vicolo Fiori tells a little story of carefree beach happiness and quiet days by the sea, of childhood memories of the mild Baltic Sea or fine powdery Mediterranean beaches in strong, light floral tones.
It is not fresh and also not cool, it is the sun cream on warm, well-groomed skin, the fine scent of white blossoming avenues in Mediterranean, honey yellow light, the security of a tender touch in the evening in the beach chair, when the water shimmers silvery, the sand lilac grey blurs with the twilight and only the gentle sound of the surf breaks through the silence.

A straightforward, friendly, peachy fragrance for the longing for summer dresses, sandcastles and the boundless freedom of the sea. The world rests, the figures fade as in "The Sea Is Calm" by Cocorosie:

"La mer est calme
Sous l'écran de la caméra
Comme une ampoule electrique grillée
Dans un seau d'eau

Il est sous le feu des projecteurs
D'un soleil cassé
Il a jette son corps comme une ancre
Comme un morceau de sucre
Et s'est dissout"

AncaanAncaan 3 years ago
Very feminine and beautiful! Dewy flowers, juicy tangerine, creamy musk. Sweet but refreshing. Low longevity in summer, moderate in winter.

by Zora
by Nale
by Hyazinthe
by Hyazinthe

Popular Etro

Shaal Nur by Etro ManRose by Etro Ambra (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Palais Jamais by Etro Vicolo Fiori (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Rajasthan by Etro Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Paisley by Etro Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Messe de Minuit (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Heliotrope (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Etra by Etro Greene Street by Etro Via Verri by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Toilette) by Etro Patchouly (Eau de Parfum) by Etro Via Verri (2010) by Etro Dianthus by Etro Jacquard by Etro Marquetry (2015) by Etro