No. 6 by Eutopie

No. 6 is a popular perfume by Eutopie for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFrankincense, Cypriol
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Labdanum, Leather
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cedarwood, Musk, Hercules' club

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 19.08.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10

Meggi
Did you succeed involuntarily?
The eutopia scents should reflect stations of a long journey. The design and accompanying music of No. 6 (the others I do not know) suggest the idea that it is not the banal depiction of olfactory local color that is the goal, but that it should be about more profound things.

This fragrance, for example, is intended to oscillate between the glamorous modern life and the "traditional spirit" in Russia. Well, does "traditional spirit" mean something like "soul of the people"? That would result in a probably unmanageable gap, because I do not believe that the existence of the Russian Großkotze 3.0 still has any point of reference to the soul of the people from which it could oscillate. Where is there such a connection at all - except with a "people" like that of Monaco?

In addition to these general considerations, my frown also has a personal reason. Perhaps as a teenager on a trip to Russia I experienced an inkling of the soul of the people: a trace of exuberance in the cordiality, paired with perhaps even that proverbial, quiet melancholy, which - I think - by no means only offers a pretext for drinking.

What I found most amazing at the time was an unquestionably quite subjective, diffuse feeling that the Russians had come emotionally closer to me in the few days of my accommodation than my Australian host family had in two months of student exchange a few years earlier. And this despite enormous communication difficulties. The two spoke no German, no English; I only knew a handful of Russian vocabulary and could read the printed text. We have talked to each other via a pocket encyclopedia in individually looked up words.

Nothing connects these people with what I have in mind today as a kind of "it life" in luxury metropolitan enclaves. On Otto Dix's triptych 'Großstadt' the Lebedame at least gives the handicapped beggar a contemptuous look. I suspect today's hautevolee in Russia does not even do that.

Thus, in 'No. 6', I get the feeling that the only thing I want to "oscillate" is what is supposed to be connected. This would be a marketing approach to the toilet that forces an inhomogeneous scent - and suddenly my disturbance feeling is much more clearly outlined than was imaginable at the beginning of my approach via advertising (originally only intended to be an "entry"). Pointedly and more simply formulated: What and where do you want to go?

I first smell a hint of blood-red, latently bulging rose on creamy-sweet smoke. Soon burnt wood with a thin coating of fruit and sugar is added. A creamy impact in the late morning remains a hint and will be punctured continuously anyway. No longer alone from the Kokeligen; towards noon a garden-like sting develops besides. Rosengeranium? What might be behind the announcement "geranium"? The botanical name of the stork beak would also be an option and it is undoubtedly good for such an engraving. The next puzzle gives up a spicy note. I wonder if that's Szechuan pepper I have now read that his genus name in English is "Gelbholz".

In the afternoon I try to hold on to the fact that Eutopie No. 6 somehow reminds me of (the better!) Magnetic Blend 8 by Initio in his sweet, balsamic, creamy, smoky appearance, but also that slips away from me, not least because of constantly recurring sensations of artificial fruit sweetening, like a corresponding syrup. Anyway, it has nothing to do with Rose anymore.

In a second attempt, the creamy cream dares to take on a hostile takeover. However, this does not succeed - the Kokel note holds the position and also gets itself an unspent wood as assistance. In addition, it always helps to have a new stab, which I don't really catch in the end. It is directly on the skin downright unpleasant and in my opinion spans an otherwise quite desirable contrast.

Things are connected here that I can't get together for myself. And with the best will in the world, I can't imagine that my feeling of being so to speak dull with the scent is just as desired - that would have been achieved involuntarily. The fact that Eutopie No. 6 is simply nice to smell with a little distance speaks against this. And at the latest for this I, as a Western, consequently sufficiently distant news recipient about Russia, lack any allegory starting point.

I thank Ergoproxy for the sample.
6.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

Sweet dirty leather
At first you can perceive an intense bright, soul soothing, fresh - resinous note, which also has very light citric attributes and is due to the incense.

The frankincense is accompanied by an extremely interesting distinctive sweet woody note, which brings a fine saffron-like soft leathery accent and comes from the Cypriol
This constellation is perceptible on my skin for 20 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

The leathery accent from the top note develops into an engaging dark, very tangible soft smooth black leather in the heart note, which has a strong touch of freshly smeared engine oil and lends the scent something attractively dirty.

The leather is wrapped in a very flowery - sweet, almost sugar-like rose geranium, which also has a fine creamy touch and in my opinion is responsible for the leather being lifted up into the air.

These two notes are accompanied by a delicate balsamic, subtly spicy blossom honey-like nuance, which ensures that the fragrance gets a beautiful full substance and comes from the Labdanum.

The heart note is noticeable on my skin for 5 hours before the base asserts itself.

The base is dominated by a beautiful earthy and also slightly sweetish note, which is very gently enclosed in wood and is due to the patchouli in interaction with the cedar wood.

Unfortunately I could not see musk and yellow wood, but I can imagine very well that these notes were used for support.

No. 6 is a pleasant companion in the spring, autumn and winter months for the woman and the man from 25, who are in search of a resinous, woody, sweet, flowery, leathery and earthy scent that possesses a dirty attraction.

In total the fragrance lasts 9 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed in the first 2 hours in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at one arm's length and then oscillates for 2 hours to a very clearly perceptible half arm's length, before it is reduced in quiet steps until the fragrance ends.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Verbaplex" for the sample.

by Jensemann
by Jensemann
by Gschpusi
by Gschpusi

Popular Eutopie

No. 3 by Eutopie No. 2 by Eutopie No. 6 by Eutopie No. 1 by Eutopie No. 4 by Eutopie No. 9 by Eutopie No. 8 by Eutopie No. 7 by Eutopie No. 10 by Eutopie No. 11 by Eutopie