Tabacco d'Autore by Farmacia SS. Annunziata

Tabacco d'Autore is a popular perfume by Farmacia SS. Annunziata for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Artemisia, Sweet vernal grass, Labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco, Leather
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cashmeran, Virginia cedar, Gaiac wood, Amber, Musk

Submitted by KatRedhead, last update on 10.10.2019

7.0 8.5/10

Stay strong!
Admittedly, as a teenager I used to smoke secretly on a regular basis. Preferably together with your best friend somewhere in the great outdoors. Besides tobacco and lighter, our smoking utensils also included a special kind of sweets, which could only be bought in pharmacies. A kind of salmiak pastilles coated with peppermint. I liked her almost as much as I liked the train at the cigarette butt and loved this special odor mixture of sweet mint candy and tobacco, which I combined with the exciting experience of conscious border crossing. When I sprayed on "Tabacco d'Autore" the memory was suddenly there again and after years of abstinence I suddenly felt like going outside and smoking a cigarette. There's only one thing to do: stay strong!

After the grandiosen prelude for me quickly further smell notes add themselves to it. Every now and then I smell something slightly fruity, which makes me think of pipe tobacco and perhaps pipe smoke as well. In addition, there is a kind of cold smoke; I already liked this note surprisingly well in "Cuir blanc" by Evody. Probably it's the leather I associate in both scents with this cold, meandering smoke. It definitely fits here very well. Both scents come out sometimes more, sometimes less. In addition, there is a light sweetness, which is often found in loose tobacco. It remains, however, with only a slight sweetness, which I personally very much like. After about four hours the tobacco says goodbye so slowly, it becomes a little resinous and reminds me at the end of classical spice soap.

"I like "Tabacco d'Autore" very much during the whole course, but I would rather smell him on a man. And even there, he doesn't suit everyone. In any case, the topic "tobacco" was well implemented - almost too good for my taste... But I have stayed strong and will send the rehearsal on in a few days anyway - let it lead others into temptation!
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Smoke for the Soul
Florence, shortly after nine in the morning, in a side street, the sun lets the first houses shine, much is still in the cold shade, smoking men in leather jackets - with raised collars - disappear quickly
in the innumerable caf├ęs, the pink newspaper under your arm, you can already hear the characteristic music of coffee grinders and the beating of the screen holders..the melange with a touch of aftershave tells you what to enjoy of freedom and life...you just have to listen carefully..you can hear the sweet melancholy of "Stellina dei cantautori" by Luca Carboni..precious..no tourist place.

This or that kind of picture triggers Tabacco d'Autore in me.
So far I haven't encountered quite so many tobacco scents..so real tobacco scents, no sweetened Shisha-Herod tobacco or pipe tobacco..but tobacco! Creed's Tabarome comes to mind..not even a delight.
Maybe it's quite good that I don't have many comparisons as usual, but can throw myself right into the turmoil.
Tabacco d'Autore already sounds like an old room with creaking wooden planks, perhaps just a scent for romantics. Fresh off we go, with the
Mixture most likely of grapefruit, bergamot or dirty lemon (similar to the top note of Citron Noir from Hermes), but behind it something warm and spicy. I immediately have a fragrance in the back of my mind: Micallef's avant-garde, but not quite so creamy. With Avantarde(Edel-Chanel-Allure PH) then not much happens anymore. But with Tabacco it looks quite different.
He doesn't choose the mainstream way, not the easy way - to put the sweetness more and more in the foreground - but we herbaceous-herbal, spicier, a hint of sweetness remains, very aromatic. Smokers should smell the black Lucky Strike for comparison, also slight leather streaks show up. That seems very mature, not necessarily life-affirming, but real, pathetic, melancholic. In the end, aftershave note comes through that is not unlike Creed's. With Creed, I described it as blunt, here I choose grown-up! At the latest now it is no longer a scent for 20 year olds, nothing for the Alder-Digga-Chiller-victim-generation, here style comes first(!) Sillage.
Conclusion: No skystormer, no heartbreaker, no charmer, solid and honest, very good durability, the Sillage just above average.

by FrauSchmitt