Asja 1992 Eau de Toilette

Asja (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Asja (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Fendi for women and was released in 1992. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by FlorBath / F.P.d.P. SPA.

Jean Guichard

Top Notes Top NotesApricotApricot BergamotBergamot RaspberryRaspberry PeachPeach LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian roseBulgarian rose CarnationCarnation HoneyHoney Orris rootOrris root JasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley MimosaMimosa NutmegNutmeg OrchidOrchid Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber BenzoinBenzoin MuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood StyraxStyrax VanillaVanilla CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.10.2021.

Poisoned Opium
Asja may be derivative but it has an interesting fruity intro.
It feels like a mix of red - and tree fruits, i.e. raspberry/strawberry, and pear/apple, and there’s also a peach note. And on top of that there’s cool citrus-aldehydes.
As well as that there’s a gritty note of eugenol and clove, which gives contrasting texture - as well as a spicy angle to the liquid and bitter-sweet fruitiness.
The opening gambit is well worked, but sadly, as it merges with the corps of powdery amber it starts to feel like Opium, and from
another angle, there’s a cool fruity wind that smells like Poison.
Asja wasn't just a mix of these two influences, and it takes a different fruity direction near the base - which also reminds me of something - but in the big picture it was surplus to requirements.
A decent but cliché ridden work.
Asian Clove Pan
"Asya" is somewhat reminiscent of "Opium" by YSL, only a bit more romantic and tart at the same time. A narcotic clove lightness from the space of the setting sun.

Of course, "Asya" is not really an Asian fragrance. What should that even be, too large is the area of a whole, huge continent to create a fragrance to it or to lump everything together. And yet, with this wild treasure, Fendi not only hit the theme associatively brilliantly, but more importantly created a (now discontinued) hummer potent enough to put away even this ultimate throwback. Mystical spices, snappy cinnamon, a flicker of candles in some hearts. Warm and comforting. A little chaotic and chypry shortly after kickoff, but then softening and rounding out as it progresses. The bottle sets the tone. Artful and not stepping into the second row. A somewhat poofy full-throttle scent that can be offputting just because of the crashing clove, despite all its softness and sexiness. I find it eroticizing and euphoric. Geisha meets emperor's child.

Flacon: avant-garde piece of art
Sillage: steam hum
Shelf life: 9-11 hours - from here to the borders of Asia

Conclusion: a burning clove bush between Far East and full horny. "Asya" is a border crosser of genius
Mood enhancers
Asya was one of my first fragrances - and I had actually flown on the beautiful, Asian flacon.

But the scent that escaped him enchanted me all the more.
Such an impressive fragrance - without depressing !

Parfumo did not exist yet - but I was able to divide out fruity citric , roses with cinnamon and vanilla to cedar independently.

Although my nose was still untrained, I knew that I had gotten an exquisite scent.

I wore it every day - and it wasn't given to me.
He raised my spirits and my self-confidence.

I sprayed it into the décolleté and into the lining of my worn leather jacket - a tip from my girlfriend.

So I've been surrounded by Far Eastern things all day.

When I visited my friend in the shop, the boss came in mottling, because he had been annoyed about a customer.
But he stopped his curse to ask what was smelling so nice here.
I handed him the bottle and he took a spray.
I must have - was his now peaceful statement.

My friend told me that he had Asya in his nose during the day as well, because his boss wore it too.

But this warm scent never became too much for the friend either

Dulcemio
The softer, fruitier, sweeter side of Poison
A classic 80's-style perfume, dominated by carnation, along the same lines as Dior Poison, but minus the dark and intimidating presence of incense in Poison. Asja's lovely fruits and honey, grounded by a very subtle woodiness, make it much sweeter, softer and more wearable than Poison, though they are definitely kissing cousins.

Though carnation is not one of my favorite notes, I do enjoy it in some fragrances where it is very well blended with the other notes, where it is allowed to complement rather than completely overpower them. Moschino by Moschino is one, and now Asja.

I have a mini, and I won't be rushing out to buy a bottle at the current inflated discontinued prices because I'm not THAT crazy about carnation, (even though I would LOVE to get my hands on that cool looking bottle!), but for anyone who is particularly fond of carnation, I think you might at least enjoy having a mini, just to have a little bit of this delightful liquid at your disposal.

MemoryOScentMemoryOScent 6 years ago
Carnations steeped in wine

by EveMist
Asja meets Acapulco - wozu diese Stühle nicht alles gut sind... ;) Einen lieben Dank für eure Blicke & Worte :)
by Entenradio
by Gwiazdka72
by Kiengira
by Kiengira

Popular by Fendi

Theorema (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Fendi (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fendi Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi pour Homme Assoluto by Fendi Furiosa by Fendi Palazzo (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Fendi (Parfum) by Fendi Life Essence (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi L'Acquarossa Elixir by Fendi Fan di Fendi Extrême by Fendi Theorema Leggero by Fendi L'Acquarossa (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi Eau Fraîche by Fendi Theorema Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fendi (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Palazzo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Theorema Esprit d'Été by Fendi Fan di Fendi Leather Essence by Fendi Fan di Fendi pour Homme Acqua by Fendi