Fan di Fendi pour Homme 2012Eau de Toilette

Fan di Fendi pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi
Fan di Fendi pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Fendi for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian mandarin orange, Egyptian basil
Heart Notes Heart NotesGuatemala cardamom, La Réunion pink pepper, Egyptian geranium, Texas cedar
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Venezuelan tonka bean, Indonesian patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.11.2020.

DN1982
A good smell that showed me what's what
FdFpH is a good all-rounder. Fits always and everywhere - period.

The citric prelude is immediately enmeshed by the leather of the base, which surprises me a bit, this storming and pushing. In general, the base pushes itself forward very early with its lovely sweet tonka, which has its counterpart in woody notes - but not only!

Also the middles are always in the front. Okay, a few seconds or minutes delay, but you can't have everything. All in all, this EdT shows a quite linear progression - unfortunately this also applies to the nerve factor pink pepper. Cedar(wood) and pepper - two aromas that are similar. The cedar is harsh, but softer and more ethereal - and unfortunately, due to the pungency of the pepper, only an amplifier for that - they have to get in line. I don't like it very much, but it fits the linear course of the overall composition.

What FdFpH has taught me is that this fragrance is a kind of fifth wheel on the fragrance wagon. I can't make a comparison to the aforementioned Gucci pH II, there is a similarity to Spicebomb. One Million has already been thrown into the pot, so I prefer to throw in "Two Million" in the form of Jesus del Pozo Halloween. These two are of course much more exaggerated than FdFpH, but they also go in that direction.

FdFpH is a good scent. However, it and all its similar representatives are a category of fragrances that smell extremely quickly and become boring. Strangely enough, it is precisely here that the nose does not close and so it gets boring even faster. Wear it once a week every day and then don't want to know about it for at least half a year. No two weeks later "Well, maybe today I could do it again", but a "soft!" Then, after several months, you feel like it again, put it on and after two hours you are tired of it. That really hurts! Especially because FdFph has a really nice leather note, which, unlike other fragrances that contain leather, stretches from alpha to omega. Yeah, that hurts...

Thanks to this one fragrance, I'm learning another lesson:
in spite of my love for good fragrances, the desire to discover new things is gone! There is nothing new anymore. Everything only phase-shifted, enriched or depleted "smells like xy". There are no more character heads like Fahrenheit, Terre d'Hermes, Catalyst, Joop pour Homme, M7, Drakkar Noir, Azzaro and a handful of others. It doesn't matter if you approve of them all, only the fact that they (have been) there counts. Today everything only "smells like xy, only here a little bit brighter/darker/fruity/fruity/herber/sweeter/sweeter/sweeter - enriched or depleted just. After I have built up a small, but diversified portfolio of fragrances for my own use and some of them can't be topped for me, I still haven't given any of these fragrances the full score, because I was waiting and I'm always waiting for someone to come along who can top everything. I don't have to wait for that, as FdFpH showed me. The one that tops everything, I would have to build it myself. I have finished.
Give him time...
Maybe we should start this story all over again...
Fan di Fendi, the first time I came across this name on a Youtube channel, actually more by the way in a listing. Here fragrances should be blindly classified as cheap or expensive. This one was clearly classified as high quality, but it is not expensive. The description and rating here sounded more than neat and appealing, so blindly auctioned on eBay. Just 29 Euro for the 150 ml Giant-Edition, you can't complain :)
As with any blind purchase, of course I waited eagerly for the first test. In the beginning I don't like the fragrance very much, too green, too interchangeable and somehow going in a direction that doesn't necessarily match my preferences. Most likely I would describe Artisan Acqa here as odor-like.
As described in the other comments, the candyfloss green gradually evaporates and makes room for a darker side that is more to my taste. At this point, after about 90 minutes, the resemblance to his heavier brother Dior Homme becomes noticeable. (No wonder, after all the same artist was at work)
To make a long story short: after a cold start we always become good friends, Fendi and me. The ingenious silky-soft Cardamom Drydown puts the crown on this noble and unjustly shadowy composition at the end.
For me, Fan fits the Fendi best applied in the morning for a rainy day, or in the late, still warm summer evening.

Identi-kit Male
This is a dreary cocktail of crab apple purée, cedar, and nuclear strength pimento. Or - mush, wood and fallout if you prefer.

There is also a synthetic metal-grey, dry approximation of an aromatic accord that develops at the outset and which clouds over the heart section making it feel vague.

So, what Fan di Fendi pour Homme consists of is, a sweet unctuous amber and bitter-spicy tobacco accord which is supposed to be leather, plain cedar, and that manic pimento note irritating your nose, at either end of an ashy metallic grey fog.

Not only badly executed, the basic idea is utterly generic - the sort of thing you've smelled a dozen times before.

I suppose the two junior perfumers are also credited with this so they can at least blame each other.

An expensive blind buy
This is an older review, as I got my bottle about a year ago. I've edited my initial review a little.

Being a rather expensive blind buy I was really hoping for it to be good..

Luckily for me, it is. It smells really good so far! It may not be the most unique fragrance out there, but it is elegant and classy. A nice and warm scent! Fan di Fendi Pour Homme isn't sold in my country, so that makes me feel even more special when wearing it.

I love the opening, very nice and elegant. But I wished the scent stayed more linear from the opening on, but it doesn't. But over the past few months, I've grown to love the heart and base as well. Though I still find it a pity that the basil and citrus notes fade pretty far into the background. From 30 minutes on, this does not change anymore, at all.

During the heart I get a soft leather (nothing like the leather in various niche offerings), but the rest of the composition works really well with it. It's very woody with the cedar. and the cardamom adds a certain warmth to it. It has a somewhat dry smell, if this makes any sense to you.

You get a decent projection for about 3 hours, which is one of the few gripes I have with this. But it does last quite long. The other day I could actually pick up the warm leathery smell around me after about 6 hours or so. It is a bit subtle, but it is definitely there. I've found that this fatigues the nose quite a bit and after 5-6 hours I used to think this was almost gone, but apparantly others could still smell it quite moderately.

ArkangeL
Le grand début et la fin terrible
What a magnificent start. Pure bliss and infatuation, yet a disappointing and bitter ending. Much like a typical relationship. Blood orange-like citrus, warm leathery wafts and the perfect duo of cardamom and pink pepper befriend a gentle basil note... then everything comes to a standstill. Suddenly all notes have become enemies and gone to war. What remains is a sharp, dry synthetic smell, leaving you with only an idea of what it used to be. What a STRIKING resemblance to Jesus Del Pozo's Halloween Man! They mimic one another down to the base, only Halloween has a slightly sweeter and less synthetic drydown due to the use of vanilla. Paco Rabanne's 1 Million also has this familiar dry down, only giving you more of a toasted amber and cinnamon feel. If you have 1 Million in your life, there should be no need to cheat on it with less attractive fragrances.

AJGAJG 8 months ago
Amazing scent!
The WORST EVER performance.
So disappointing.
FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 3 years ago
Lovely smell scent, very leathery spicy and heavy, suitable to use in winter only.
Rmf1112Rmf1112 4 years ago
Don't let the few lukewarm reviews fool you- this is fairly highly rated (7.9) for a good reason. Smells great and performs well.

by Redpanda
by Thecombad
by RedBull
by RedBull

Popular Fendi

Theorema (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Fendi (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fendi Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi pour Homme Assoluto by Fendi Asja (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Palazzo (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Furiosa by Fendi L'Acquarossa Elixir by Fendi Life Essence (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi Extrême by Fendi Theorema Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi Eau Fraîche by Fendi Palazzo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Theorema Leggero by Fendi Fan di Fendi Leather Essence by Fendi Asja (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Fendi (Parfum) by Fendi Fan di Fendi (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Theorema Esprit d'Été by Fendi L'Acquarossa (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi