Theorema 1998 Eau de Parfum

Theorema (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi
Bottle Design Catherine Krunas
Top 55 in Women's Perfume
Theorema (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Fendi for women and was released in 1998. The scent is spicy-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Christine Nagel

Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
Gaiac woodGaiac wood
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.09.2021.

The theory of infinity
"Theorema," a discontinued '90s darling from the house of Fendi, is something you have to root for - because it combines the fruity side of that slightly trashy decade with an elegant, timeless depth you'd otherwise expect from Chanel or even Guerlain.

"Theorema" is not only great class on paper and in theory, this Everydayqueen really trumps especially on the skin. An oriental European woman between updo, trench coat and amber, almost resinous flower bed. Wonderful. Assertive and yet discreet. Viscous yet light on its feet. Spicy yet soft like Magdalena's womb. A small stroke of genius by Christine Nagel. Fluffy and plummy, apricot-chic. Honeyed Holde. A magical oriental orange blossom that won't let you go.

Flacon: Fendi-"Kitsch" - very pretty
Sillage: no star, but always there
Durability: quality work in the 90s style - 7 hours

Verdict: fruity amber, high quality and unique. Just good. More than that. A goddess mixed in with the people. You miss
Theorema - A Worship. OR: Seductive theorem
Awe.

Love.

History.

Theorema is so unique, so special, so fascinating, it's hard to put into words. What am I proud and happy to own him, (another) diamond in my collection. It is hard to get him still somewhere, if, then at inflated prices, as almost always with exceptional olfactory rarities of this kind.

With him I associate once again the 90s (I know, this is getting laaangweilig... ), but this different power in the fragrances back then was unique. There was so much that was new and cheeky, old and different - the merging of the Western-European-cool with the warm-oriental fragrance world had begun. Association d'amour.

Theorema was created in 1998 and has no equal. Never equaled.

Nutmeg, lemon zest, lovely pepper and cardamom open in combination with soft orange blossoms, jasmine remains fortunately background. Olfactory nasal bliss begins. My beloved cinnamon combines with cloves, flowers and other spices (allspice, anise) and puts the scent crown on the whole. So classy and finely tuned. Nothing is too much or overemphasized, a potpourri of the extra class. In the base we find amber, restrained resins and fine sandalwood.

A masterpiece. And the OSCAR goes to..... CHRISTINE NAGEL !

I bow and am saddened at the same time by the cessation of production for this extraordinary sensual creation.

It always reminds me of Alison Moeyt, who I adored back in the day, in its gentle yet defining extraordinariness. She evolved from a dazzlingly powerful synth-pop icon into an expressive blues and soul artist with a dark, gentle voice that gets under your skin.

For you only

Ready to embrace the day as we both break
When the light stole in it found me wide-awake
Wasted from the sleepless night I wished to touch your hair
Withdraw an empty hand for you're no longer there

In between the silence living is an empty space
Save the ticking of the clock whose hands are sweeping past its face

For you only

I turned my hand to something that would clear my head
But I could not forget the parting words we shared
I opened up my mind to all the pictures I could trace
But I could not recall the contours of your face

And always slipped away before I had the chance to say
If I did something wrong please tell me I'd accept the blame

Songtext-ubbersetzung.com
For you only, for you only

For you're no longer there For you're no longer there

In between the silence living is an empty space
Save the ticking of the clock whose hands are sweeping past its face

For you only, for you only

Night and day
UNFORGOTTEN. Scent and singer.

SchatzSucher
In those days, some things were... oh let's not mention that....
In an earlier commentary, I noted that in many respects fragrances used to be more tinsel. This statement should not be valid for everyone, but for me I still find that out when I rummage around in the past again.
Now some time ago a very generous sample of Theorema from Fendi came to me and again I find that digging in the past is a joy and has produced a lot of good scents, even though I know too well that not everything was good then either.

Fendi, primarily known as a fashion company based in Rome. Since 1925, it has been producing luxury fur products, handbags and other leather goods under this name, as well as clothing and accessories. About the prices I will keep silent here.
That Karl Lagerfeld was chief designer for the Fendi ladies' collections until his death, I certainly do not need to mention separately.
Since the 80s, perfumes have also been launched, the first fragrance being the great Fendi for women. One of those lost jewels.
Other fragrances followed, at that time still at slightly greater intervals than today. A tempo that I personally like better than the "scent shed" that prevails today.
The fragrance portfolio at Fendi remained manageable overall.

In 1998, Theorema was released, a floral-spicy fragrance with light oriental notes, which for us European noses, however, appear reserved and highly pleasant. And at a time when oud was not yet in mind...
My dearest, best and closest friend wore this fragrance for a long time and I always liked the scent on her We lived next door to each other for several years and hardly a day went by without seeing each other. There was always something to tell anyway And, of course, her fragrance shelf has always been eyed, just as she has always eyed mine. And of course, it didn't stop at peeking I already like the start of Theorema, a mix of flowery and spicy components, my nose gets particularly attached to cardamom and nutmeg. I can't smell individual flower tones, they work as a whole. And here and there a few citrus fruits are flashing out.
Flowery and spicy it goes on, at the same time the fragrance gets a certain balsamic warmth, also here individual flower tones cannot be clearly identified, they harmonize very well with each other. A light sweetness comes into play, but it is not obtrusive.
And as the wine progresses, woody notes are added and this certain warmth is retained until the end, which is followed by a gentle sweetness and a fine spiciness. Really delicious.

Theorema seems very elegant to me and in no phase of its course does it become too much or even oppressive.
The fragrance is not a loud screamer, which was not so popular in the 90s, but it shows a beautiful and fine presence. The notes here are very well balanced and harmonious. And the fragrance maintains a certain lightness throughout.
Mrs. Nagel has done a very good job here.
The shelf life is quite good despite the rather reserved species, 8-9 hours I can perceive the scent, even if it becomes relatively close within about 1 1/2 hours.
Because of the warmer tones I see Theorema rather in the cooler season, even if it can be worn in summer because of its unobtrusive appearance. And there are more than enough occasions to wear it, whether in the office (doesn't spread a huge veil of scent) or during pleasant leisure activities. One is well scented here in any case.

Of course it also happened that I tried out theorema on myself. I was never afraid of women's scents anyway. And from my dear friend there was a huge kick-off...
Not because I've tasted her perfumes without being asked. No, she realized that Theorema would actually suit me better than her. On me the scent seems a little less sweet, more woody and quite spicy.
In order not to spoil her favourite scent, I stayed to try it this one time and I never bought Theorema myself. I was much too fond of my girlfriend and close confidante for that.
Due to a move on their part to the other end of Germany, we have lost sight of each other in recent years, even though we are still in good contact. Theoretically I could now run off and buy Theorema. But unfortunately it has disappeared from the market and meanwhile there are quite proud prices in well-known online auction forums.
But I am of the opinion that Theorema would still work very well today. And it always seems that the wrong scents are always taken out of circulation. And on closer inspection it seems that meanwhile no more fragrances are sold under the name Fendi.
A very unfortunate development.

So it will remain for me a beautiful memory of times past. And for refreshing this beautiful memory I thank IrisNobile very much!

Gauzy Veil of Gingerbread
Although mandarine and orange are not listed as notes, the candied orange opening of Fendi Theorema EDP is mouthwatering. A honeyed amber sweetness soon sweeps the scene along with a small handful of all spices, among which the fresh woody nutmeg and sweet spicy cinnamon are the most discernable to my nose.

This combination of notes smells quite gourmand to me and is very suggestive of pain d'épices or gingerbread. However, except for its opening 20 minutes, its overall sheer texture and diffusiveness effectively keeps it from being cloying. Moreover, flickers of fresh woody notes invigorate the composition thanks to their contrast with the resinous warmth.

Theorema is more or less linear once the delectable amber warmth adorned with gentle spices settles in. It just gradually becomes more and more abstract and turns into a honeyed skin scent after about 3 hours. The overall sillage is very intimate, and the longevity is barely 6 hours on my skin.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed during my first few times wearing Theorema. I enjoyed the fragrance, but it was not as striking as I thought it would be, probably because it's easier for me to justify the hype with an opulent, highly contrasted fragrance than a relatively gauzy comforting one like Theorema.

But the more I wear it, the more I start to see that its rather translucent approach to a gourmand oriental is actually its strength. It perfectly showcases Christine Nagel's skill to make a perfume satisfyingly delicious and cozy without being suffocating, which is probably the reason why Theorema has such a wide appeal. This type of sheer gourmand being quite popular these days, I imagine Theorema might work quite well if it was introduced in today's Hermès or another designer brand's exclusive collection.

I would hesitate to recommend it because of its rarity, but if you're looking for a soft cozy ambery fragrance reminiscent of Christmas cakes and gingerbread and can sample it at a reasonable price, I think Theorema will worth a try.

Nagel's masterpiece!
Theorema opens with a powerful spicy accord, Oriental and sweet, with dusty and exotic notes of cumin, resins (olibanum too?), cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, all supported by woods – I get sandalwood and cedar – and softened by a graceful, light floral breeze with a sprinkle of citrus and neroli, providing an irresistible fruity-warm feel to an otherwise quite pungent blend. A totally modern opening for a scent which could have been released last week; Theorema has a sophisticated, bright sort of “thin” substance and transparency, which is quite typical of many contemporary scents, yet not smelling plain or cheap: all ingredients smell terribly sharp, high-quality and vibrant, it’s just that most of them are, say, “high-pitched” notes (spices, citrus) and this creates a sort of light transparency, yet dense and bold. The unsurpassed beauty of this scent lies in the incredible class with which Nagel composed it: the spicy structure is perfectly counter-balanced by the watercolor sweetness of flowers, all darkened with a gentle shade of woods. All is discreet, simple, almost “geometrical”, clean and incredibly sharp, clear and bright. Radiant, refined, a joy to wear and to discover, civilized enough to please also non-lovers of resinous-spicy scents (I’m one of them). Elegant sillage, decent persistence, totally unisex. Far superior to its masculine companion, by the way.

8,5-9/10

much ado about something
The more I get to know Theorema, the more it reminds me of very strong and expensive pot pourri. (Mind you, this is not an insult - there is some fantastic pot pourri out there!) This is no doubt because the citrus I perceive is not citrus fruit but rather dried citrus peels.

This startling blend of dried orange peels, strong spices, resin, woods and flowers certainly deserves its cult status as a beloved discontinued, though it has a slightly astringent or acidic quality that prevents it from being on my list of smooth "comfort" scents. And that might be simply due to the absence of vanilla, the great smooth-a-fier. Even though I don't crave it extremely often, I feel good about the future knowing I've got a stash to last my lifetime.

Looking at the 1998 Fendi Fall/Winter fashion collection, I wonder if Theorema, with its warm, spicy, acidic sunshine, was created to cut through all the dark neutrality of that haute couture and be the yin to its yang. If so, it did certainly succeed.

A Theorema that Rules
Fendi Theorema is a treasure.
Woody and spicy but also very feminine.
Elegant and luxurious, unlike the mass of many commercial perfumes because it has the quality that can hardly be found nowadays.
The house Fendi has accustomed us in many classical and modern compositions perfumes.
The warm woods (rosewood and sandalwood), sweet spices like cinnamon and orange blossoms, jasmine and ylang-ylang (a classic flower arrangement), are the dominant contribution to the perfume creation Theorema .. A theorema proved to be RULE.

The Jet Setters
Theorema captures the essence of pre hippie chicness
of the early 60's from smoke filled cafes to an old count's piazza Theorema gives a vibe of an Jaded
Roman Jet setters ala La Dolce Vita with the spoils of
war. Long gone but we have it's Zeitgeist, The opening
is cozy with chai then dries with an etching of Pepper,
grounded nutmeg & Cardamom adds to a dryish opening Bright citruses with it's transparent clearancy blown from a distant and lush pastoral fields gives an warm
Mediterranean travelogue then closes the top note is
sun scorched Brazilian Rosewood.

The Heart is cinnamon fiery sweet earth dries with
spicy carnation falls in with the mysterious elegantness of Osmanthus velvet texture of the rose
starts to steep though adding an demure presence,
The drying down dark and Resinous with benzoin leaves an allmost esoteric mental frame amber adds to the sweetness then dries with fiery Sandalwood.

CymCym 3 years ago
Sad about the discontinuation? Get some Si Lolita (also created by C. Nagel) - though not quite the same, there is a definite similarity!

Discussions about Theorema (Eau de Parfum)

Dulcemio in Perfumes & Brands

by Chanelle
by IndianSummer
by IndianSummer

Popular Fendi

Fendi (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fendi Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi pour Homme Assoluto by Fendi Asja (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Furiosa by Fendi Palazzo (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Life Essence (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi L'Acquarossa Elixir by Fendi Fan di Fendi Extrême by Fendi Fendi (Parfum) by Fendi Theorema Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi L'Acquarossa (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Fan di Fendi Eau Fraîche by Fendi Fendi (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi Palazzo (Eau de Toilette) by Fendi Theorema Leggero by Fendi Theorema Esprit d'Été by Fendi Fan di Fendi Leather Essence by Fendi Fan di Fendi (Eau de Parfum) by Fendi