Bright Neroli 2015

Bright Neroli by Ferrari
Bright Neroli is a popular perfume by Ferrari for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesLemon petitgrain, Calabrian lemon, Bitter orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom absolute, Neroli, Rosemary, Sichuan pepper
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, Ambrox

Submitted by Michael, last update on 01.05.2021.

Thojama
The neroli that would rather be jasmine ..
What is the fragrance pyramid interested in, if the fragrance pleases? Admittedly, I did not have a neroli fragrance so far, only neroli as a component in other fragrances was known to me. Now I already had the Uomo with its pronounced leather note from Ferrari Essence a few years ago, which I liked very much and had nothing, absolutely nothing, in common with the usual drugstore Ferraris. I didn't even want to buy it, but the saleswoman in a small perfumery recommended it to me. So this was not to be my last of the Essence range and so I bought Bright Neroli a good three years ago, after reading the many praising reviews about this fragrance here. I take it right away: This fresh fragrance has it me from the beginning consistently angetan.

To the course there is actually not much to write - it remains as it is. Fresh, present, never intrusive and he lifts the mood. The citrus start, which is very concise after spraying, calms down quickly it becomes extremely pleasing. If you were going by the name alone, this would be the program. I can't perceive the lemon petigrain stated in the fragrance pyramid, nor the Calabrian lemon (how does that smell anyway?) as being as intense as you read. Most likely I perceive the bitter orange, I know that from the English orange marmalade (the bitter note). And then the vetiver comes through the back door for me. It's unmistakably there, but it stays in the background, which I think is good, because I don't really like vetiver at all - at least not of the Guerlain or Tom Ford variety. The scent stays like that with me, but later becomes much softer. This is very nice.

For a while I always had this fragrance in the nose, although I had not put it on and it was a mystery to me where that came from. Then, while gardening, the epiphany came. While mowing the lawn, my path inevitably led me past the flowering jasmine bush and I then had the scent of Bright Neroli constantly in my nose. It took some time until I actually smelled the flowers of the jasmine and ... Tadaaaa! It is a Bright Neroli bush disguised as jasmine. Maybe it's just me who perceives this strong relationship, but if it's the same for others, the scent probably should have been called Bright Jasmine or similar. It's amazing what can come out when you mix many things with each other, but the components of the result do not occur at all in it.

My conclusion: One of the most beautiful summer fragrances (I use it all year round) that you can buy and for an apple and an egg ;-)

Beautiful Neroli and so unexpected
Okay so I wasn't expecting this at all. I usually shy away from citrus fragrances; and this one is AMAZING! Holy (bleep)! Ferrari did it again. I read many reviews and watched YouTube reviews as well on this one before I picked it up. I love Ferrari's Leather Essence as well as the Fig fragrance and this one is just as amazing. Definitely an easy to wear light aromatic fragrance that is well blended and smells niche. The Essence line for Ferrari seems to deliver. There is definitely a citrus floral on the top, and then the amber and vetiver sneak in (but not too strong) as this fragrance does stay light all the way into the dry-down. I am so glad I purchased this fragrance. It's a keeper and for the price it's a steal. Total value to be had in this gem guys! I give this a 10 / 10 and will wear spring, summer and fall for sure. Pick this one up gentlemen you won't regret it.
"Dull Neroli"
When I smelled "Bright Neroli" for the first time last summer, my first thought was that there was nothing bright.
I still have this thought and now I had to hire a German-English translator to find out what the opposite of 'bright' is. And was presented with the word 'dull'.
Dull' can mean: boring, uninteresting, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull, dull Well - just because I am of the opinion that "Bright Neroli" is not bright or shiny does not mean that it is boring, dull, uninteresting or even dull It is just not as bright or shining as the 'bright' in the name suggests I find "Noble Neroli" by Comptoir Cologne, which I also like to wear in summer, much brighter. It is simply brighter and lighter than "Bright Neroli" Without praying down the list of ingredients, I can say in very simple words that "Bright Neroli" evokes a memory of cologne for me for a brief moment and then something earthy is added, which is probably due to the vetiver and patchouli.
In other words, a neroli fragrance that is not radiant or high-gloss, but rather slightly silky or washed out. One that is suitable on a cloudy day and slightly mutes a day that is too bright. Goes well with a white blouse (or shirt), but also with washed-out jeans I like him a lot
4711 on curd soap
Another hyped-up scent I'm disappointed in...
I had expected a better 4711 or a worse Neroli Portofino. But I got a scent that resembles a piece of curd soap. I can't describe it any other way.

When Bright Neroli starts out reasonably fresh and citrusy and develops into a typical neroli scent as I imagined it, this is immediately masked by the penetrating smell of a mixture of old curd soap and detergent powder. Neither neroli blossoms nor citric notes can prevail against this, and the vetiver that starts to appear only intensifies the soapiness, as I feel. And to avoid any misunderstandings here: It's not that I don't like neroli or vetiver perfumes. But it's not that. Frankly, I don't want to smell like this, and any modern soap or detergent smells much more pleasant. With this fragrance, a worse durability would rather be more...!
My polo shirt scent
The scent reminds me of the old rich millionaire at his best, who in the morning takes a coupé from his summer house in the hilly mountain landscape of the Côte d'Azur to the mountain road with a view of the sparkling sea for a spontaneous sailing trip with friends. Elegant, but also casual. The fragrance is not open-minded, but has nothing of understament. He smells expensive. But classy. You want to throw on a polo and go sailing ;-)
Serenissima
he doesn't make it to the top of the podium
It is well known that I have a positive attitude towards Ferrari fragrances.
So also "Bright Neroli" as the leader of this fragrance fleet became especially close to my heart; Gelis was so sweet and put a filling in the package for me. Thanks, so I could finally test this fragrance.
Now I was curious whether the announced light by name would reach me as well.

An unusual prelude greets me: Petitgrain, here from the lemon and also immediately with the lemon in tow and bitter orange: yes, a worthy prelude for Neroli, with whom I always stand a little bit on war foot: We like each other - we don't like each other! (Here the well-tried daisy blossom would be very fine to count!) The sky is white, which is what makes the difference from fragrance composition to fragrance composition.
Here Neroli still has a lot of leeway and really: its aroma gets warmer from round to round; it gets more likeable and unites more with the Entrée.
The previous fragrance is supported by a wonderful orange blossom foam, which comes by a dose of pepper pretty fast.
Bright Neroli" gets the absolute kick here, however, through rapid rosemary seasoning.
"Family Rosemary": I have a lot of rosemary on my balcony and recently enriched with two little stragglers from shoot tips, is one of my favorite herbs: not sweet and cuddly, but stubborn, sometimes defiant and always prickly - these guys show personality!
Neroli himself swims a bit with the current: this fragrance friend hasn't made it to the pole position yet.
Even the base, deep dark green and golden brown, doesn't change anything: the announcement "Push hard!" won't help This race "Bright Neroli" can not win!
This fragrance sees "the checked flag" on my personal Ferrari-Parcour unfortunately only as second.

For me, Bright Neroli is way behind Noble Fig. His spicy fragrance creation was really a surprise for me and his company delights me again and again.
"Bright Neroli" is beautiful, friendly and really shines; a grey day or a day marked by light melancholy will certainly be illuminated by this fine and endearing fragrance!
As always Neroli and orange blossom bring sunshine and simply encourage!
The fact that I got to know a noble fig of this brand before is just bad luck: this Ferrari has to be content with second place on the podium!
Nevertheless: once in company of "Bright Neroli" strolling through the pit lane - that would have something!

But he can comfort himself: contrary to the four-wheeled "Reds" from Maranello, who have to drive behind the grey star bearers all the time this season, this position is safe for him.
And so he gets his well-deserved "champagne shower"!
SchatzSucher
"Oh dear" can also become "Ah"
If I read somewhere in a fragrance description orange blossom, neroli or petitgrain and even with the addition "citrus-fresh", I usually get instantly stalk eyes, moist hands, a dangerous drooling and that familiar "want to have but immediately" feeling. I'm sure many others know this feeling as well.

So I read some very benevolent and enthusiastic opinions about the Bright Neroli from Ferrari and thought to myself, I must have this one, it is not expensive. Shall I or shall I not?
In the end, the good ratings here convinced me and in autumn 2018 the fragrance landed in my home for just under €20 in the proud 100 ml household size. Since I have never discovered the Ferrari scents in the usual shops, I did not want to get a bottling first and the risk at the very low price seemed extremely low, there was a blind purchase.

But the first encounter was rather sobering. Herbaceous green with a lot of oldschool feeling. Oh dear, not really what I had expected.
Where were my beloved bright citric notes (Bright, hello?), where were my orange blossom and neroli? I smelled something cool-tart, dull green-spicy monotony and was disappointed. I felt 25 years older So I put the scent on the side for now. Nope, I can then also punish with contempt.
But the scent did not let go of me completely, it is not acceptable that a scent with many things I like so much smells so oll It was probably just the wrong season for such a fragrance and maybe my sense of smell was off track. So wait and try again.

Autumn and winter will pass sometime, even if it sometimes feels like it takes forever. And now it's well over 20 degrees in our climes, an occasion to free Bright Neroli from his dungeon and to wear him again.
And what can I say, I like the smell. Very much so.

There is still a certain green herbaceousness, but it doesn't seem as oldschool-like to me as it did a few months ago. I notice this piquant green spice of Petitgrain, a clear orange blossom plays a big role, Neroli does not stand out as concisely as the name suggests. Citrus fruits are present, but do not push themselves into the foreground, appear somewhat subdued and not just lemony and nothing else.
This is always a common criticism with citrus notes. But if these notes are beautifully garnished with matching accompaniments, there is no association with dishwashing detergent or household cleaning products Rosemary could also go there, there is something slightly tart and spicy in the background.
Vetiver and patchouli I can't make out much.

All this makes a cool and fresh impression and is really comfortable in summer weather.
The course is quite linear overall. But that doesn't bother me here at all The fragrance has a very good durability for a rather summery scent, a good 8 hours are in it and at the beginning it also spreads a clear scent veil, which however fades after a good 1.5 hours. I don't find Bright Neroli intrusive at all.
About the Bright one could possibly still discuss a little bit, because Bright Neroli does not seem to me so bright and shining like some summer scent at all. Because everything is quite dense and compact and the green seems a bit shady to me. But in midsummer I prefer the shade and I don't want to appear petty now.
The classification for ladies and gentlemen fits very well, whereby I do not go for fixed drawers anyway and wear whatever I feel like wearing without hesitation.

The Ferrari brand has so far only meant something to me as a car brand. Cars interest me zero. They are neither a status symbol for me nor something to show off. A car was a means to an end for me to get from A to B, nothing more. I drove my old rickety Golf until it fell apart. It started even in the deepest subzero temperatures. Eventually it had to be wrecked sometime.
And I haven't owned a car since. What's the point?
I have everything on my doorstep, subway, shopping center (even if it is not a spectacular shopping mall), walking distance to work about 10 min. and driving a car is no fun in big cities either.
I certainly don't need a Ferrari.
I only found out here that they also do it in scents.

The flacon is quite a thumper, I wouldn't want to be thrown to the head. But it is still quite handy in size and the sprayer is quite good, nothing spills and the fragrance is well distributed.

I'm glad I can say neroli at Bright: What do I care about my talk of the other day! And I have another beautiful summer companion in my collection.

A Louis Vuitton dishwasher
The idea that a car maker should make perfume is so kitschy and ridiculous that I really like it! They just slap on their logo on something they have absolutely no competitive advantage in, and they don’t manufacture anything in it on their own. It’s in the league of Louis Vuitton making an affordable dishwasher, which I would immediately buy (if the quality was on par with the rest of the crop) just to annoy people.

This being stated I must say that the people that made this for Ferrari did a good and satisfactory job. The beginning is a bit weaker than the end, with quite solitary citrus leaning towards bergamot that has a slightly synthetic aura. After the bergamot it’s a very pleasant neroli. I’d say it’s somewhat more like the neroli in 4711 than in Tom Fords Portofino, but not by much. Longevity is in between those two.

Given the price I’d say it’s a solid buy if you’re looking for neroli.
Chicken season
There was a time when the damp cloths in the Wienerwald pubs had a very similar smell. Must have been like that in the late '70s. My grandmother always had some with her, and cleaned me up with Fratz on every conceivable occasion.

It must probably be the mixture of lemon, orange, neroli and rosemary. a good mixture - fresh, sunny, versatile, not disturbing and functional to elegant.

I associate it with cleanliness and security. (And forest and meadow and sun, we always had the wet wipes with us for walks). And Backhendl in the Vienna Woods . Yes, that too.

And so I like this scent, it refreshes me, makes me feel "clean". And at the same time there is this melancholy of past people that I knew less than I thought, of distant places that I would not find anymore. My chicken time.

A Neroli Bomb done right
SOTD (Scent of the Day): As of 02/12/19

It was a blind buy for this fragrance, and don't regret it doing this fragrance has been hyped to death, but I don't believe the hype just purchase the fragrance and go from there. It's a superb awesome fresh citrus scent, I beginning to love the note of Neroli to my nose I scent the Neroli in which dominates this fragrance, and then the bitter orange, orange blossom, citron and vetiver. Bright Neroli is probably within my top five for spring/summer fragrance. It will be in my spring/summer rotation and it's must have to any collection.

Rating

Scent: 8.25/10
Design/Presentation: 8/10
Value: 7.25/10
Longevity/Performance: 8/10: 8-10 sprays: Lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 9+ hrs
Overall: 8.25/10

My SOTD (Scent of the Day): Ferrari Bright Neroli EDT: As of 03/10/19
, 2nd wearing at church for this fragrance as of 03/10/19, did not get a compliment but it did not offended anyone as well. My nose detects the beautiful Neroli and the citruses like orange blossom, bitter orange, lemon petitgrain or citron and vetiver. Neroli and Vetiver are my many favorite notes in fragrances, the vetiver is there in the background somewhat buried with the citruses and the Neroli. I love this scent a superb spring/summer rotation, Overall score still remains at 8.25 out of 10 and the longevity/performance is 8.25 out of 10, 12-15 sprays: Lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 8-10+ hrs. If you love Neroli and Vetiver is must a have to any collection.

EinsteinvEinsteinv 5 months ago
Really good neroli & citrus fragrance. The opening is to die for. Great summer option.
AithanAithan 1 year ago
Very nice Neroli fragrance.
Unfortunately, it don't perform well on my skin. Gone after 3 hrs.
MrHonestMrHonest 2 years ago
Smells like Florida. Nothin' but neroli and a MaSSive dose of orange rind. Very subtle, but an excellent layering fragrance nonetheless. B+
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
...In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine...

by Mungo Jerry
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Great opening with a lot of citruses notes. Sometimes it remindes me the smell of a good smelling old ladies but that fades quickly. A gem!!
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
Bright zesty citrus blossoms warmed by a lashing of amber in the dry down.
If you choose it, I think you'll get a lot of bang for the buck!
Omid2amOmid2am 4 years ago
heavens fragrance !
JavijabsJavijabs 4 years ago
Bright indeed. Very impressed.

by IrisNobile
.... für Fresh ..... und seine ‚steinige‘ Herausforderung .... ;)
by Groxxda
Vor drei Tagen noch am Baum und heute dürfen sie den Flakon schmücken ;-)
by Einfachich
by Helge
by Kenshin
by Kenshin

Popular Ferrari

Essence Oud by Ferrari Leather Essence by Ferrari Ferrari Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Noble Fig by Ferrari Silver Essence by Ferrari Radiant Bergamot by Ferrari Vetiver Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Forte by Ferrari Essence Musk by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Amber Essence by Ferrari Pure Lavender by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Scuderia (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Cedar Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Red Power Ice³ by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Light Essence Acqua by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Racing Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Red Power Intense by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Light Essence by Ferrari