Essence Musk 2013

Essence Musk by Ferrari
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Essence Musk is a perfume by Ferrari for men and was released in 2013. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin leaf, Marine notes, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Horse mint, Nutmeg, Watermelon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Bourbon vetiver, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.09.2020.

Cell
An ok mint/musk based fragrance...
After several years of wanting this, I've finally pulled the trigger. Well, for the price I've paid I can say that its ok...not great. At least I can now cross it out of my list.

The musk here is not the animalic, dirty musk found in darker musk based fragrances but rather a clean, fresh laundry type of musk.

On first spray, only two notes are very prominent: mint and musk. At this stage, the scent is bitter, cold, and fresh. It has a cooling effect, like when you're chewing mint gum. Unfortunately, it has a tendency to irritate my throat if inhaled deeply.

The mids are better and less in-your-face. This is where the other notes emerge as the dominating mint and musk subside. Watermelon, citruses and spices become more noticable.

The drydown is linear continuing from the heart and continues like this until it fades.

Longevity is average. Around 6 hours tops even though its an EDP.

Fragrances that are similar to this are:

Victorinox Swiss Army Altitude, Kenneth Cole Black, Nautica Voyage N-83 and Bvlgari Aqua.

If I'm a little bit younger, I would probably loved this but I've found out my tastes are changing as I'm growing old. This is only a solid like.
The water cucumber
Expeditions into the Perfume Realm, episode 1424: The Water Cucumber. This is how a documentary about Ferrari's Musk Essence could start.

I ordered this fragrance in summer, mainly because I was looking for a newbie with melon. In addition, the performance sounded promising. And to get that straight away: Musk Essence is really convincing in this respect. The watermelon, on the other hand, is not perceived as such by me - I lack the typical fruit sweetness. Instead, I smell a rather acidic watery freshness that reminds me of cucumber. Therefore I come here instead of watermelon on water cucumber.

Around this water cucumber there are further herb fresh notes and a rather cool aquatic, reinforced by some mint. With fantasy, you can perceive a little lavender, vetiver and the musk that gives the name to it later on. But I need a lot of imagination for that one. In general, I would say that all the aromas used are rather on the pale, watery side. And artificial as well.

Is this all good or bad? Yes, both. The freshness is long-lasting and you could call Essence Musk technically and functionally successful for a summer freshman. Unfortunately I find the fragrance itself rather bland and inharmonious to dull. The synthetics are quite loud and sometimes even aggressive. It's not really "beautiful". And yet last summer I pulled out the bottle more than I expected. It's weird.

There's probably something about this water cucumber..

ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
An unexpected surprise! A blind buy, perfect for sparkling spring, with aquatic musky citrus notes built around an overdose of white musk!

by Elysium
by Cell
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular Ferrari

Bright Neroli by Ferrari Essence Oud by Ferrari Ferrari Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Leather Essence by Ferrari Noble Fig by Ferrari Silver Essence by Ferrari Vetiver Essence by Ferrari Radiant Bergamot by Ferrari Pure Lavender by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Forte by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Amber Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Scuderia (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Cedar Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Red Power Intense by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Light Essence Acqua by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Light Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Black Signature (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Racing Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari