Essence Musk (2013)

Essence Musk by Ferrari
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff

Essence Musk is a perfume by Ferrari for men and was released in 2013. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Perfume Holding.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin leaf, Marine notes, White grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Horse mint, Nutmeg, Watermelon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Bourbon vetiver, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.10.2019.

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

The water cucumber
Expeditions into the Perfume Realm, episode 1424: The Water Cucumber. This is how a documentary about Ferrari's Musk Essence could start.

I ordered this fragrance in summer, mainly because I was looking for a newbie with melon. In addition, the performance sounded promising. And to get that straight away: Musk Essence is really convincing in this respect. The watermelon, on the other hand, is not perceived as such by me - I lack the typical fruit sweetness. Instead, I smell a rather acidic watery freshness that reminds me of cucumber. Therefore I come here instead of watermelon on water cucumber.

Around this water cucumber there are further herb fresh notes and a rather cool aquatic, reinforced by some mint. With fantasy, you can perceive a little lavender, vetiver and the musk that gives the name to it later on. But I need a lot of imagination for that one. In general, I would say that all the aromas used are rather on the pale, watery side. And artificial as well.

Is this all good or bad? Yes, both. The freshness is long-lasting and you could call Essence Musk technically and functionally successful for a summer freshman. Unfortunately I find the fragrance itself rather bland and inharmonious to dull. The synthetics are quite loud and sometimes even aggressive. It's not really "beautiful". And yet last summer I pulled out the bottle more than I expected. It's weird.

There's probably something about this water cucumber..
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Everyday Coupe
Was it clear or?

After I became a big fan of Bright Neroli, I had to see what else Ferrari has to offer.
I had picked out a few times and I was aware that it's hard to top the Bright Neroli, the notes here speak for themselves, but the own nose always decides for itself at the end
Now I haven't seen the series in the store yet and so I just ordered it with my last order, it came only 12€ / 50ml and honestly, you can't do that much wrong.
That's how it came to be.

If the Bright Neroli is for me the best sports car, the EM is a sporty everyday coupe.

It begins fruity for me and then it becomes aquatic. Generally, I find it hardly citric, as stated above. The maritime notes that are given in the top note dominate initially and always remain in the background.
Later the watermelon is added, which dominates the fragrance, so I would describe it as fruity Aquatic.
The whole thing's never too sweet either. I'm not an aquatic fan and find aquatic scents mostly somehow hard and they take my breath away in a negative sense, but slightly aquatic is fine like Artisan Blu by John Varvatos and just here.
The mint then comes along and gives a very light fresh undertone, but not dominant. After lavender I later smell out some vetiver, it gets a little wishy-white and at the end held together by the light musk and amber.

Conclusion:
Absolutely fine for the little money. I use it for everyday life, for shopping on weekends, or shopping, but it also works in the office.
The durability is not as pronounced with me however as some reported here. With me everything is past after c.a. 6h, but also that is for 12€ ok.
The Sillage is at the beginning quite given, weakens then also fast, or I do not notice it even then any more so.

The bottle in white looks very chic, but can't keep up with the Bright Neroli bottle.

If you are still looking for something for the summer and don't want to spend much money, you can test it here

Elysium 3 years ago
An unexpected surprise! A blind buy, perfect for sparkling spring, with aquatic musky citrus notes built around an overdose of white musk!+2
9.0

by Vawallpa
by Eyedean
by Eyedean

Popular Ferrari

Bright Neroli by Ferrari Essence Oud by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Ferrari Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Noble Fig by Ferrari Leather Essence by Ferrari Radiant Bergamot by Ferrari Pure Lavender by Ferrari Silver Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Vetiver Essence by Ferrari Cedar Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Scuderia (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Amber Essence by Ferrari Red Power (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Ferrari Extreme (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Forte by Ferrari Red Power Intense by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Racing Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Light Essence Acqua by Ferrari