Scuderia Ferrari - Black 1999Eau de Toilette

Scuderia Ferrari - Black (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari
Scuderia Ferrari - Black (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Ferrari for men and was released in 1999. The scent is fruity-spicy. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding.

Top Notes Top NotesRed apple, Bergamot, Lime, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Cardamom, Rose, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Amyris

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.07.2020.

Scuderia is the New Black
Launched on the market in 1999, a year after the launch of Hugo Boss Bottled, and with the name of Ferrari Black, this perfume was then relaunched in 2006 with the current name of Ferrari Scuderia Black. According to the reviews I've read, Scuderia Ferrari Black is the same scent as Black, but with some notes enhanced. Why did I mention Hugo Boss Bottled? Because the two perfumes share most of the notes and the atmosphere is almost the same, and this has undeniable similarities with each other. After smelling it, I was stunned. It has very similar note break-down with Boss Bottled. It's not a copy, not the same, but very similar.
I didn't mention in the other Ferrari Scuderia reviews that the bottle has a nice rubber clip with the black Cavallino (little horse) on a yellow background.

Scuderia Black welcomes me with a crispy fruity and sour citrusy accord, there's plenty of red apple pulp spritzed with lime juice and bergamot peel's oil. A luscious plum soon joins this blend, and the overall smell is reminiscent of the Coca-Cola, it leaves a caffeine aroma in the air for a while. Not at all bad, instead, a pleasant caramelized redolence not annoyingly sweet. The citrus notes are barely noticeable, but the apple and plum fruitiness is exquisite, especially when it meets the warm spices and the sweetness of jasmine. In the top stage, the fruit notes radiate the most.

After several minutes, the warmth of cinnamon chimes in. The heart becomes more floral with gorgeous sheer jasmine mixed with soothing rose. Cinnamon is a bit overpowered, and under some aspects, it shades the green cardamom, the minty is barely perceivable in the heart. Once it develops that coffee-like tone fades and the plum and vanilla come in making this a fresh, and aromatic but also warm, cosy, and comfy.

On the last dry down, I start to smell more of the woody notes, the black part chimes in with some sensual almost powdery vanilla, aromatic dry cedar, warm amber and a subtle muskiness. The base features an unusual Amyris wood, which has a very subtle scent, slightly sweet and almost benzoin or vanilla-like at first sniff, but more woody and balsamic fir then. The initial apple and plum fruitiness is pushed into the second floor, as well as the cardamom and cinnamon spiciness. It is a warm and sweet scent with a fruity/creamy sweet aroma. It's a warm and friendly scent, with a fruity/creamy sweet aroma.

Hence, Scuderia Black is a fougère, aromatic fragrance, almost linear except the fruity, floral, and woody spikes in each stage. The performance is moderate on my skin although it starts pretty strong; more than half a day of longevity and an arms-length of projection for the first two hours. Its is a good cologne that people will not notice before you get near them. The good thing is that it is s inexpensive, that you can spray it additional times to bring out the best performance. In my opinion, it doesn't work in the heat of the daytime, so I would refrain from rocking it in Summer. At night, it is fine, but I'd usually want to wear this during the colder months of the year, perfect for an intimate occasion full of dream and romance in autumn evenings.

This review is based upon a 2.5 oz (75 ml) bottle I own.

-Elysium
Ferrari in a smock
The other day I was dulling around in " my " Nobelparfumerie again, and enjoyed the dignified atmosphere there.

An elderly lady also looked around - and let me trim because she was wearing a flowered house coat.

I had certainly not seen this "piece of clothing" anywhere for 30 years, and I was fascinated, as I was reminded of happy childhood days.

At that time, the coat was compulsory for housewives because it signalled housewife competence.

I was happy that the elderly lady also allowed herself some time, because she was digging in the Montales.

When I wanted to leave the place of peace and tranquility with my motorbike motorbike, a new, shiny black Ferrari Bolide was blazing in front of my star, and I had to wait.
I lost myself in the sight of the jewel that rested before me like a dangerous beast.

But then the smock came over, Grandma hurried up, slipped into the racehorse amazingly agile and let the engine roar up that the whole backyard trembled.
Fuel was in the air, mixed with the rubber smell of the slicks.

And I find that scent again in Black.
I like it when automotive fragrances reflect their origins.
Well, I'm car-savvy - find this petrol engine oil melange but appealing authentic.
The fruity notes blend in harmoniously and the spices give the fragrance a certain drive.
Woody and vanilla make sure you don't get out of the curve.
Stabilizing ESP, so to speak.

An original fragrance - not only for men, because I like it too.

I'll recommend him to Grandma at the next meeting of the fast-paced gowns.

Chemical sweetnes
Clearly inspired by Boss Bottled, Ferrari Black is a good scent, but smells too synthetic to my nose.

The apple note is very loud and also the other notes are sharp and that turns my stomach sometimes.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are high.

Updated January 2014

PolarrfoxPolarrfox 14 months ago
0.5
Very strong, little bit sweet. Heavy. Didnt like.
ItchynoseItchynose 20 months ago
5.5
Airy and fruity opening with a lot of plum, apple and jasmine and a pleasant fougere vibe. The drydown though is a mess and hard to enjoy.

by Smello
by Miaw2
Ferrari Black von Ferrari Design 2013
by Chnokfir

Popular Ferrari

Bright Neroli by Ferrari Essence Oud by Ferrari Ferrari Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Leather Essence by Ferrari Noble Fig by Ferrari Silver Essence by Ferrari Vetiver Essence by Ferrari Radiant Bergamot by Ferrari Essence Musk by Ferrari Pure Lavender by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Forte by Ferrari Amber Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Scuderia (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Cedar Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Red Power Intense by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Light Essence Acqua by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Light Essence by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Black Signature (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari Scuderia Ferrari - Racing Red (Eau de Toilette) by Ferrari