One Umbrella for Two 2017

One Umbrella for Two by Floraïku
One Umbrella for Two is a perfume by Floraïku for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Memo. Pronunciation

Blackcurrant bud absoluteBlackcurrant bud absolute
GenmaichaGenmaicha
CedarCedar
White muskWhite musk
CyclamenCyclamen
Puffed rice

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.01.2022.

The Japanese expression for "two people sharing an umbrella", "Ai-ai-gasa", is also used as a symbol of romantic relationship, based on the homophone wordplay with "ai" meaning both "love" and "fellow/together", thus depicting a romantic situation of a couple sharing an umbrella.

Anastasija84
Original blueberry chocolate cake...
Take a chocolate cake base fresh from the oven, warm and smelling delicious. Drizzle some crème de cassis over it and fill it with a mix of blueberry jam and vanilla cream. Finally, decorate the tart with freshly harvested hazelnuts. If you then put the cake on the windowsill to cool completely, a spontaneous visit from the neighbors is guaranteed )).

The perfume is one of my absolute favorites! With all the above-described mix, which hits you like a bolt of lightning immediately and does not let go until the complete fading, the fragrance is not at all "heavy". The vanilla is woody and chocolaty and not artificial in any way. It frames the perfume and gives it a base, a ground, which supports the mixture of berries.
And what makes the scent unique for me is something nutty in the background. The nuts are not roasted, but fresh and even still with leaves. This light-green note (sounds so Genmaicha?) makes the perfume not boring.

All in one and in one word - delicious!

GewoonBB
One Umbrella For Two (NKNN)
Floraiku isn't a much talked about brand, but my first impression, that of One Umbrella For Two, is great, so let's dive in.

Earlier this week I received my discovery set from Floraiku. It's a house that I'd heard of before, but I neve really paid attention to it. A while back I saw Peter from Fragranceview in an old video, where he sampled the Floraiku line-up in the Dubai Mall and it piqued my interest. This is actually owned by the same people behind Memo Paris and largely uses the same perfumers. I feel way more of a connection to the presentation of Floraiku though. The bottles are amazing, although expensive at 255€ for 50ml, but they do come with an extra 10ml and you can use the cap of the full bottle as a travel atomizer for the 10ml, which I think is pretty creative. The brand has 4 collections,with different color bottles. One Umbrella For Two is part of the Secret Teas and spices collection. This was my first time trying Floraiku and it's definitely a winner. As with everything from Floraiku, only three notes are listed; in this case: blackcurrant, (genmaicha) tea & cedar oil.
There are two clear connections I make with this scent. One is the obvious one: a mirky blackcurrant tea. It's quite a fruity, slightly sweet, but also sour and greenish blackcurrant note. I'd expected it to remind me of Amouage Jubilation XXV, but One Umbrella For Two is more uplifting and bright. The other connection I get, is to a slightly nutty bread or bread pudding. I am not familiar with genmaicha tea, but from what I read, it's a green tea infused with roasted popped brown rice, so I imagine that's where this savory, gourmand element originates. I think it smells awesome and it's a very smooth blend straight from the opening. It's quite linear, although that roasted quality fades and instead of getting darker or just sweeter, as most fragrances, this one gets more feminine in the drydown for sure, although it remains unisex in my opinion. I can imagine this one getting boring when you wear it often, which I'd say is one of the only downsides I can think of. It feels like a high quality composition and One Umbrella For Two is one of the most unique fragrances I've come across. It's niche for sure, but versatile and easy-going. Unisex, all ages and although it maybe a bit too much for high heat, otherwise wearable year-round.

This was a great first impression of the house for me. The perfumer, Alienor Massenet did most of the fragrances in my discovery set, so I have high hopes. As I mentioned Floraiku isn't a cheap brand; so they have to offer something worthy of that expense. In my opinion, espcially because of how unique it is, One Umbrella For Two does a good job to justify the price point (and the gorgeous presentation helps). This was just a first impression of this particular one, but I'll shed some light on more of the fragrances in the discovery set in the future •

3.5

No thanks
A five-year old chewing a big sticky wad of Fruit Stripe gum jumps into your lap and breathes heavily in your face.

If you find that appealing, you’re really gonna love Floraiku's One Umbrella For Two.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A rather linear, yet slightly powdery fruity-sweet Gourmand, balanced by a soft creamy-woody base. Realistic take on the blueberry muffin!

Popular Floraïku

Sound of a Ricochet by Floraïku Between Two Trees (Eau de Parfum) by Floraïku My Love Has the Colour of the Night by Floraïku The Moon and I by Floraïku I Am Coming Home by Floraïku Flowers Turn Purple by Floraïku Wind In My Hand by Floraïku Young At Heart by Floraïku Cricket Song (Eau de Parfum) by Floraïku My Shadow on the Wall by Floraïku Sleeping on the Roof (Eau de Parfum) by Floraïku I See the Clouds Go By by Floraïku I Dream of Paris by Floraïku First Dream of the Year by Floraïku In the Dark by Floraïku Volcanic Flowers by Floraïku Golden Eyes by Floraïku Ao by Floraïku This July Evening by Floraïku I Am Not a Flower by Floraïku