Cefiro (2001) Eau de Parfum

Cefiro (Eau de Parfum) by Floris

Cefiro (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Floris for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is citrusy-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top Notes, Lime, Mandarin, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Cardamom, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.11.2018

5.0 6.0 5.0 5.0/10

Citrus & Woods...
I do like fragrances by Floris. In fact, one of them is currently one of my favourite fragrances of all time. With this one though, I am not so impressed. Although it is of a good level and quality, I can't see anything which would distinguish it from the many different types of citrus, masculine types of fragrances consisting of citrus top, floral heart, and aromatic base. There really is very little difference I think. In conclusion, I would choose over this the famous Bleu de Chanel as a better alternative.
8.0 7.5 10.0 10.0/10

Helpful Review
Different Perception
I dare to contradict my pre-review-writers! I use to test a scent the first time if not several times without taking a look at the ingredients. This prevents prejudices.
"Cefiro" for me ist not very citrous. Only the first minutes "Cefiro" is starting as a tangy citrous scent. Just like a chypre uses to start.
But soon "Cefiro" is changing to a fabulous and complex herbal, spicy and creamy fragance. There are faint reminiscences of spiced tobacco from time to time. Resinous conferous Scents of the cedar and other more honeylike resins are giving "Cefiro" a cultivated sweet whiff. Though I perceive also a certain bitter note similar to that I like so much it in original British orange marmelades.
I am not able to differentiate single ingredients. But the tangy citrous notes remains in a subdued kind.
"Cefiro" is not a very delicate fragance. It is a mellow and matured balanced scent.
I described all this very detailed. But in fact "Cefiro" is except the start within a short time a complex and for me marvellous modern unisex perfume.
4.0/10

Boring To The Extreme...
I am a HUGE Floris fan in general, but not a fan of Cefiro at all. It is a very fresh clean scent to be sure, but it goes nowhere. It starts off with a very generic light orange/lemon and kind of stays that way throughout. Inoffensive to be sure, but no character at all... Maybe this would work better on a lady but I have a hard time wearing it myself. Those looking for a good spring/summer orange/lemon scent by Floris should try the vastly superior JF instead. The mundane smelling Cefiro gets a generous 2 stars out of 5.
5.0 5.0 7.5 1.0/10

dishwashing liquid
On me this smells like a very strong housecleaning product - citrus and detergent are all I get. Had to give it away because it was so obnoxious on me. This was surprising, as I love citrus scents usually. (071209)

by FrieMo
by FrieMo
by Chanelle
by Chanelle
by Viola8
by Viola8

Popular Floris

White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Elite (Eau de Toilette) by Floris JF (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Honey Oud by Floris No. 89 (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Night Scented Jasmine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Leather Oud by Floris White Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Mahon Leather by Floris Cefiro (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Wedding Bouquet (2011) by Floris Fleur by Floris Lily of the Valley by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Soulle Ámbar by Floris Amaryllis by Floris Seringa (Eau de Parfum) by Floris China Rose by Floris Limes by Floris