Lily of the Valley (1765)

Lily of the Valley by Floris

Lily of the Valley is a popular perfume by Floris for women and was released in 1765. The scent is floral-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk

Submitted by Lotte1, last update on 01.10.2019

MasterLi
A timeless clean white floral...
When I first tried this one, I didn't have many expectations. I expected it to be very old and nothing would appeal to me. After all, Lily of the Valley is a note which is old and clichéd.

However, I was pleasantly surprised! It is not heavy, it is not too old fashioned, and not stereotypical! It's light and contemporary, and it makes me happy wearing it. I associate this smell with very clean soap. Spotless!

I have been wearing it for a while and have been complimented! It's always nice to hear something positive whilst wearing a fragrance and I think this is one I will revisit again. Simple but elegant. A clean, perfect floral fragrance.
7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Seerose
It is a relief to me but..
When I was young lily of the valley was a favorite fragance of mine. I loved it. But later it became an awful smell to me, disgusting not only in perfumes. The natural flowers stunk to me as well. - Of course there is a certain personal reason for this which I will not describe. - So I started to fear perfumes with the dominating scent of lilies of the valley. Meanwhile I tested some scents with lily of the valley and some of them do no longer smell to me so bad. But often for my opinion it is not quite the original scent of lily of the valley.
What about "Lily of the Valley" by Floris? With a certain aversion I put a drop upon the back of my hand. A wonderful and green citrous scent was arising with an indication of of lily of the valley. But not only. There arose also something sparkling and bubbling like sect. Wonderful! I was smelling a mixture of lilly of the valley, woodruff and somehow of linden blossom.
From time to time the tuberose was trying to step in with a slightly musty touch. But this vanished every time. Frequently there was also drifting by the scent of fresh hay, coumarine.
After some hours the scent of lily of the valley is getting through becoming the star of the perfume "Lily of the Valley". I am not able to recognize which role the musky notes are playing. "Lily of the Valley" is a through and through floral fragance.
I am convinced by "Lily of the valley" that I overcame my trauma of this flower. "Lilly of the Valley" is a light and cheerful fragance, long lasting, with a delicate sillage. Excellent indeed. Unfortunately I own already "Aqua Universalis" by Francis Kurkdjian and Tauers "Collectible Zeta a Linden Blossom". However ist is good to know there exists another first-class parfum of lily of the valley thanks the possibility of a test for me.
I can recommand "Lilly of the Valley" to everybody who loves fragances with lily of the valley.

by Soraya
by Soraya

Popular Floris

White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Elite (Eau de Toilette) by Floris JF (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Honey Oud by Floris No. 89 (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Night Scented Jasmine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Leather Oud by Floris White Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Mahon Leather by Floris Cefiro (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Wedding Bouquet (2011) by Floris Fleur by Floris Lily of the Valley by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Soulle Ámbar by Floris Amaryllis by Floris Seringa (Eau de Parfum) by Floris China Rose by Floris Limes by Floris