Mahon Leather (2011)

Mahon Leather by Floris

Mahon Leather is a perfume by Floris for men and was released in 2011. The scent is leathery-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notes, Jasmine
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Leather, Saffron, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Labdanum, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.06.2020.

The Marzipan Shoe Spray
Hello and I am happy that you are accompanying me again! Last time we bought the expensive impregnation spray Cuir Intense from Guerlain. Today I had to go out again, the shoe polish was out.

Now you know about my welted shoes and today it's not about my cognac-brown copy, that's why I bought the Cuir Intense. It's about my black Budapesters. I had put them on especially and so I went again to my new shoe shop of trust in the arcades. Well, they didn't have any shoes there, but they had lots of creams and sprays. It was more expensive than at Deichmann but the shoes are worth it. So I went into the shop and single-mindedly told the saleswoman: "Hello, I'm looking for a new cream or a spray, it should have a good shine and care: yes, they are welted. Feel free to touch them if that helps."
The lady looked at me in astonishment. Oh dear, I've fallen for the apprentice! "Do you have anything for leather?" I asked, a bit piqued. "Leather? Of course, I'll bring you some!"
She did and so I sprayed my shoes by myself, because the lady tended to spray me instead of the shoes! Trainee halt; I remained calm, didn't want to make a scene. With a mild smile I pushed her aside and tried some things. Surprised, I noticed that there were sprays that smelled of edible things! Oookayyy, slightly strange, who buys this for his shoes? Afterwards my dog Willie still chews my shoes to pieces when I smell of vanilla!
Slightly unnerved I started the next spray and there it smelled slightly of marzipan. Now you have to know, I am a sweet tooth in this respect, unlike Willie. I liked that. It wasn't an intense marzipan, more volatile and distinguished for me, if I may put it that way.
"Tell me, this Mahon Leather, what is it?" "A great scent of the time-honored and traditional English house of Floris..." "Wait! English and traditional? It goes with my shoes, doesn't it? You know, the welted ones!" I looked her intensively in the eyes, formed mute "welted" with my lips and traced this on the sole of the shoes. That way the apprentice learned something! While doing so, something looked at me in astonishment and asked me to put the shoe back on. You can't teach today's generation anything either!

I liked the missing esprit of the perfume, it smelled drifting along without drive. Quite contrary to Cuir Intense but today it was about my conservative black Budapesters. So it suited me well. As my old boss said at the time: no Brown in Town, when someone again changed the colour of his shoes. Of course I didn't wear brown in the office. Of course not.

Anyway, I took it to the till. Actually I wanted a shoe cream but the nice marzipan care spray with a slightly stale tea note did the trick. Quite fast the already pale scent faded even more. Satisfied I went home and thought to myself that Willie would certainly not bite into my shoes. Good thing that I refused the raspberry leather care this time as well. Triumphantly I continued my way home.

~ Gentlemanly Leather ~
Words of a perceptive scent suggestion enveloped around me as the soft gentlemanly leather came to life under my nose. With two sprays it's notes were now opened all on trial for me to judge and examine while walking in the brisk New Years air. Almost as if Mahon had come from across the Atlantic to put all of its beauty on display just for me. A beautiful scent that's sillage will haunt your memory long after the soapy jasmine, faint citrus and sophisticated leather have worn off. The smooth sandalwood and amber found in the base only adds to the warmth and sweetness of this special saffron scent. This classic bottle now rests perfectly cradled in the arms of a solid gold tray upon my shelf. I will preserve this elegant creation from across the ocean every precious drop. If any fault was to be found in the notes here it would be that they didn't last nearly long enough before fading into a elegant ethereal memory.
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Scent - Leather perfection.
Longevity - A moment in time.

by Oberloser
by Oberloser

Popular Floris

White Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Honey Oud by Floris Leather Oud by Floris White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Lily of the Valley by Floris 1976 by Floris Elite (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Vetiver by Floris No. 89 (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Limes by Floris Cherry Blossom by Floris Night Scented Jasmine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Special No. 127 / Original Gentlemen's Cologne by Floris Amaryllis by Floris Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Jermyn Street by Floris Soulle Ámbar by Floris JF (Eau de Toilette) by Floris