Santal
Eau de Santal
2002 Eau de Toilette

Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris
7.4 / 10 118 Ratings
Santal is a perfume by Floris for men and was released in 2002. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot GrassGrass CardamomCardamom Black pepperBlack pepper LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart Notes CloveClove LavenderLavender NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber MuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver FrankincenseFrankincense CedarwoodCedarwood
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.11.2022.

5 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Helpful Review 4
If You Like Gucci Envy For Men you Should Love Santal...
Eau de Santal is a creamy sweet woody blend with peppercorn and sandalwood notes. I find this one not having too many notes outright stand out, instead just mixing perfectly with one another. Sillage is pretty good in my experience, as is longevity. Very nice overall scent and the aftershave splash version is an excellent complement to the cologne. Just as an aside, this smells nearly identical to the Extreme version, so if you liked one, you almost certainly will like the other... they both have tremendous longevity on my skin. One of my favorites from the house of Floris, Eau de Santal earns an excellent 4 stars out of 5.

Helpful Review 5
~ Charming Brit ~
A review and thank-you for those who suggested this stunning sandalwood and subtle spice scent. I rate this handsome Brit in the same elite league as other masterpieces on my shelf such as Endymion, Lumiere Noire, Gris Clair etc. Charismatic and bright in his brief sparkling citrus and bergamot greeting. A charming guest with a soft sandal and tastefully sweet vanilla in his company your nose will linger a long time. Never cloying keeping the right amount of clove and enviable natural spice of interest in his gentlemanly sillage. Often compared to another nineties classic this to my nose resembles a more refined cousin to the classic Italian D&G PH and that is a true perfume compliment to both! I admire scents such as this that are both discreet in their presence but still so very confident in the image they project. This is a genuine must have oriental in any sophisticated gents wardrobe.
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Score - Yes, 10/10 for my taste.

Helpful Review 2
Santal - Christmas Memories
This is beautifully blended, Christmas scents of clove, nutmeg and pepper, with some added floral notes. It is a beautiful Winter warm, velvet, beautifully balanced fragrance although maybe for the more mature gentleman. It is subtle and sophisticated. I think this is a very underrated scent.

Helpful Review 0
Spicy
Undoubtedly "Santal" is a man's scent. It starts with a crisp pepper note, spicy with clove bud like I am adding to the dough of pepper-cakes. There is something dark-green. And I smell juniper. Citrus? Maybe. Then "Santal" is calming down and I am going to smell balmy resins, also coniferous notes, vanilla and a slight ozoniferous touch. Summerized: "Santal" is a spicy, woody, resinous, vanilla fragance. If a testing person has enough patience he or she will experience a wonderfull soft, mild and cultivated fragance, a perfect mixture. It is long lasting on my skin. I could imagine this as a winter perfume for men. I would like to smell ist on a man if I did not have to stand the first hot phase. Unfortunately my husband does not like men's fragances at all (he loves women perfumes - on my skin), but as a shower-gel I guess he would like it.

Amazing Scent however…
Floris Santal, perfect for Autumn & Winter, however I prefer it even on Spring, it’s very versatile!

Extremely pleasing scent-character that is very very subtle in the scent-trail on my skin. The performance is non-acceptable, last for 3 hours max. Projects for about 25 min then no one can smell it. Maybe it’s my batch or my skin.

I wear Santal with Suits & Overcoat, fits very well and elevates the classic gentlemen look.
3/5. Scent 10/10.
More reviews

2 short views on the fragrance
TheBloffTheBloff 2 months ago
Great scent overall. I'm comparing it to the first formulation of Gucci Envy for men and the scent is about 90% similar but less projection.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Classic and classy spicy dry wood. Fall and winter scent.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Floris

White Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Honey Oud by Floris Leather Oud by Floris 1976 by Floris Elite (Eau de Toilette) by Floris White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Cherry Blossom (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Lily of the Valley by Floris No. 89 (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Limes by Floris Vetiver by Floris Chypress by Floris Amaryllis by Floris 1962 by Floris Special No. 127 / Original Gentlemen's Cologne by Floris Night Scented Jasmine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Soulle Ámbar by Floris Red Rose by Floris