SantalEau de Santal (2002) Eau de Toilette

Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris

Santal is a perfume by Floris for men and was released in 2002. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grass, Cardamom, Black pepper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Lavender, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Frankincense, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.03.2018

~ Charming Brit ~
A review and thank-you for those who suggested this stunning sandalwood and subtle spice scent. I rate this handsome Brit in the same elite league as other masterpieces on my shelf such as Endymion, Lumiere Noire, Gris Clair etc. Charismatic and bright in his brief sparkling citrus and bergamot greeting. A charming guest with a soft sandal and tastefully sweet vanilla in his company your nose will linger a long time. Never cloying keeping the right amount of clove and enviable natural spice of interest in his gentlemanly sillage. Often compared to another nineties classic this to my nose resembles a more refined cousin to the classic Italian D&G PH and that is a true perfume compliment to both! I admire scents such as this that are both discreet in their presence but still so very confident in the image they project. This is a genuine must have oriental in any sophisticated gents wardrobe.
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Score - Yes, 10/10 for my taste.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Spicy
Undoubtedly "Santal" is a man's scent. It starts with a crisp pepper note, spicy with clove bud like I am adding to the dough of pepper-cakes. There is something dark-green. And I smell juniper. Citrus? Maybe. Then "Santal" is calming down and I am going to smell balmy resins, also coniferous notes, vanilla and a slight ozoniferous touch. Summerized: "Santal" is a spicy, woody, resinous, vanilla fragance. If a testing person has enough patience he or she will experience a wonderfull soft, mild and cultivated fragance, a perfect mixture. It is long lasting on my skin. I could imagine this as a winter perfume for men. I would like to smell ist on a man if I did not have to stand the first hot phase. Unfortunately my husband does not like men's fragances at all (he loves women perfumes - on my skin), but as a shower-gel I guess he would like it.
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Drseid
If You Like Gucci Envy For Men you Should Love Santal...
Eau de Santal is a creamy sweet woody blend with peppercorn and sandalwood notes. I find this one not having too many notes outright stand out, instead just mixing perfectly with one another. Sillage is pretty good in my experience, as is longevity. Very nice overall scent and the aftershave splash version is an excellent complement to the cologne. Just as an aside, this smells nearly identical to the Extreme version, so if you liked one, you almost certainly will like the other... they both have tremendous longevity on my skin. One of my favorites from the house of Floris, Eau de Santal earns an excellent 4 stars out of 5.

Popular Floris

White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Elite (Eau de Toilette) by Floris JF (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Honey Oud by Floris No. 89 (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Night Scented Jasmine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Leather Oud by Floris White Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Mahon Leather by Floris Cefiro (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Wedding Bouquet (2011) by Floris Fleur by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Lily of the Valley by Floris Amaryllis by Floris Seringa (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Soulle Ámbar by Floris China Rose by Floris Limes by Floris