Soulle Ámbar 2013

Soulle Ámbar by Floris
Soulle Ámbar is a perfume by Floris for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMastic, Galbanum, Bergamot, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Geranium, Sweet clover, Resinous notes, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.01.2021.

London in the fog
I'm going to walk over Tower Bridge.
It drizzles and the fog envelops me - safe and sound.
Three pigeons walk in front of me - confidentially - and I do not accelerate my step.
Seagulls sway above me and protect me.
The Thames lies like steam - and I see the silhouettes of ghost ships.
Trees exhale their resin and the jasmine tunes in white - like the fog.
From Big Ben the Westminsterschlag sounds out and the doves take off - towards the bell tower.
Did Big Ben call them?
The bare asphalt reflects the lead-grey sky.
The city is pulled together by the fog - like a village.
The rain is warming me.
I'm home.

Sweet oriental...
So with this one I get a beautiful mix of fruits and musk, with the typical vanilla and amber dry-down. There are some very interesting notes in here including the mastic, pink pepper and sweet clover (although I don't pick up on that). I also get geranium, and I think that when that is mixed with the pink pepper and mastic, it gives a dry feel to this perfume. I also think the fruit (pineapple note) adds a juicy and sweet freshness to this, and consequently gives a great a balance and contrast here. The jasmine and neroli really add to the composition and I can see depth here, so it does change on skin and develop well.

I find Soulle Ámbar a really pleasing fragrance to my nose. I liked it almost immediately after applying. I would give it a try. It's a nice one.

soulle àmbar
this is a very poor copy clone of guerlain's samsara ,but it doesnt possess the richness and elegance of the prior , otherwise smells like something dated and out of time .

A Vanilla Cup with Fruit
Soulle Amber should be, according to its description, a floriental ... I am not sure about that but this might be due to the fact that my skin simply makes vanilla explode. If I missed any components, this will be done better by noses with more practice than mine.

Soulle Amber starts fresh, citric and fruity, and shortly thereafter the vanilla announces its appearance. After the head notes have volatized, the scent turns flowery and slightly herbaceous, but at all times accompanied with a touch of vanilla. This vanilla note becomes more dominant in the base, warmer and darker.

All in all, Soulle Amber is amazingly bright for an oriental - more vanilla yellow than dark amber - and it seems to me quite a delicious fragrance. However, I would not call it a gourmand due to a lack of sweetness.

I believe that for the winter it may not have enough power, the longevity of about 6 hours being a bit short, but it will be a good candidate for the warmer days -- and will be put to the test again in springtime.
Thanks to Pipette

Sweet Pistachio Resin
"Soulle Ámbar" had from the first whiff on a certain attraction to me. Every time the scent is laying down my skin there arises a perceiving and slightly citrous touch to my nose, something fruity combined with a moderate galbanum. Then "Soulle Ámbar" changes to a more mellow, sweety and nutty scent. Out of that it caresses my nose with a creamy note. It seems to me that the always lasting presence of the light citrously scent keeps "Soulle Ámbar" protected and restrained against to much sweetness. Vanilla and musk are never dominating, even not after hours - concerning my perception of course. "Soulle Ámbar" is partly a gourmand as well.
Because there is a certain dainty sweet nutty fragance I first could not identify. So I researched for lentisque or mastix resin. And there for me is the solution of the secret: It is the resin of pistachio trees. Everybody who knows pistachio-nuts will be able to recognize this scent and taste. When I discovered the origine and the secret of "Soulle Ámbar" I realized again that into this fragance like in all parfums of Floris I tested until now are only added up the best ingredients. Never before I was able to intentify the mastix-resin.
I am considering "Soulle Ámbar" as a particular kind of perfume.

Popular Floris

White Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Leather Oud by Floris Honey Oud by Floris White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Elite (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Lily of the Valley by Floris 1976 by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Toilette) by Floris No. 89 (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Limes by Floris Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Mahon Leather by Floris Night Scented Jasmine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Special No. 127 / Original Gentlemen's Cologne by Floris Amaryllis by Floris Cherry Blossom by Floris 1962 by Floris JF (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Chypress by Floris