Special No. 127Original Gentlemen's Cologne (1890)

Special No. 127 / Original Gentlemen's Cologne by Floris

Special No. 127 is a popular perfume by Floris for women and men and was released in 1890. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Orange, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Orange blossom, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli

Submitted by Muenchner, last update on 26.04.2019

The scent is said to be created specially for the Russian grand duke Orloff - then called "Orloff Special" - and later added to the Floris Collection. It was renamed according to the book page that containted its recipe.
A special edition of the scent was handed out to British Airways First Class passengers under the title "Original Gentlemen's Cologne" about 20 years ago.

10.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

Oh God, Floris got me!
The more Floris scents find their way into my nose, the more I like them. I got this scent as bottling (for my husband). I don't know yet if I'd like to give it to him at all :-) Love at first sniff, so to speak. The perfect fine spring and summer fragrance. Not too loud, pleasantly citric, juicy fruity with a wonderfully soft wood-herb base. Bergamot/Orange and rose geranium get through well with me. Patchouli later. For me a very great and not everyday fragrance.
5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Farina
"Special No. 127" remembers me to EdC like "Farina gegenüber" and "4711". Especially with the top notes. The Bergamot and the petitgrain are causing a tangy citrous impression. The orange is stressing the similarity to the mentioned frangances. Nevertheless this scent is fine composed with best ingredients. Unfortunately my personally memories - which I will not describe now - do not allow to like the top notes of "Special No. 127.
After a certain time the rose and ylang ylang are trying to change "Special No. 127" into a more florish scent. But the Neroli and the harsh top notes together with the lavender do not let them coming out clearly.
Instead of a full scented fragance there is appearing an aquatic note which is calming down the harsh and dominating citrus. At least "Special No. 127 is changing into a more soapy scent. And yet the musk and patchouli are supporting the clean touch. If I am not mistaking with my perceiving: There might be a touch of jasmine? I consider "Special No. 127" not as an innovation of perfume. It is a traditional cologne carefully created and first class despite of my negativ memories.

by Majet
Floris Special No. 127 (älteres Etikett)
by Powershot

Popular Floris

White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Elite (Eau de Toilette) by Floris JF (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Honey Oud by Floris No. 89 (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Night Scented Jasmine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Leather Oud by Floris White Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Mahon Leather by Floris Cefiro (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Wedding Bouquet (2011) by Floris Fleur by Floris Lily of the Valley by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Soulle Ámbar by Floris Amaryllis by Floris Seringa (Eau de Parfum) by Floris China Rose by Floris Limes by Floris