White Rose Eau de Toilette

White Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Floris

White Rose (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Floris for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Carnation, Green notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Violet, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Powdery notes

Submitted by Hamelia, last update on 29.06.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris, which differs in concentration.

A rose for Rasputin?
Both England's Queen Victoria and the last Russian Tsarina Alexandra loved "White Rose", the current acting Queen is said to have worn it even at her wedding. Three crowned heads could not have been wrong, so I ordered it blind. I couldn't find the eau de parfum, so I (not at all a nobleman) preferred the eau de toilette. The logistic handling until I was in possession of this little water I spare the one or other inclined reader. After the first sprayer, however, consternation took hold: was that all? For about a quarter of an hour I didn't smell anything, but then a nice creamy white rose scent developed. For about an hour the rose motörchen purred, then it started to stutter and died....logically, I had only bought the two-stroke instead of the four-stroke engine! Nevertheless I was disappointed. And with this harmless little rose water Grigory Yefimovich Rasputin was bewitched? After all, according to Boney M. "Lover of the Russian queen" (whatever). With this one did not even lure out a Barsoj behind a samovar!

It is undisputed that fragrance preferences have changed massively over time. It would never have occurred to a lady of the high nobility of the time to spray herself with fecal, urine or sweat-smelling perfumes, or other excesses of the fragrance industry.

But in fact a change happens to me when I wear "White Rose": my upper lip becomes stiff, I spread my finger while drinking tea and suddenly I speak in an ornate language. Fortunately for my surroundings, this does not last longer than an hour, as long as the fragrance lasts.

Whoever wants to feel "not perfumed", but clean and well-groomed, as well as a little distinguished, will certainly like this fragrance. In the long run it is a bit too bloodless for me. I am simply not a Romanov!

Underplayed rosey white musk
Hard to explain just how nondescript this is on me. A vaguely rosey white musk, soft and clean.

My nan (born late 1890s) used to have a dab of lavender water on a hanky in her handbag if she was going out and needed to be posh. The strength and inoffensiveness of White Rose reminds me of my dearest darling in her 60s.

I think for my tastes it would be better in EDP if not pure parfum but some of that could be because of there being so much perfume hanging around from laundry and cleaning products, and toiletries that delicate perfumes are swamped.

Now me in my 60s alternates between Aromatics Elixir and TCP. (well it is winter).
Fresh creamy Röslein
My first impression: Nivea Creme eau Rose! Fine. Freshly creamed. I'm getting a little more complex with florals and roses. Very nice. Pleasant unobtrusive soft rose, paired with fine creamy and also green - creamy fresh notes. Very fine. Body-hugging. Put it on my shopping list
Peculiar rose phenomenon
I admit it: "White Rose" was a blind purchase, totally curious by the comments here and because there was no test possibility near my place of residence despite several attempts. Rose scents and I sometimes have quite a difficult relationship. I know that today, but I didn't know it then. The first time you spray it on, the total disappointment: Where is the "Rose Powder Soap Dream" about which Blue Mouse is raving? Where is the "noble rose cream", the water lily conjured up, the "like freshly creamed-in fragrance" of Sommer2014? With me the first impression is: sour and carnation-heavy. I'm already thinking about declaring "White Rose" a bad buy and passing it on to a friend, and the following happens. In the morning, when I can't decide which perfume to wear that day, I spray the two fragrances I have to choose from, one on the left arm, one on the right arm. While I drink my breakfast coffee in peace, I give the scents time to develop and until I then go into the shower, I have decided. This morning, relatively freshly sprayed "White Rose" on the right arm. And while I'm standing in the shower, already wet, but not soaped yet, suddenly a wonderfully beautiful scent touches my nose: Yes, it's "White Rose", and it smells like everything I had wished for: "Rose Powder Soap Dream", "Precious Rose Cream", "like freshly creamed". I don't know what happens here, but even after the shower (assuming of course that I don't use any shower gel at this place) this magical delicate scent will remain on my skin for a very long time. Maybe the water washes off the clove top note? Or is it the aldehydes that are diluted by the water?
To a certain extent it also works when I spray "White Rose" onto the still moist skin directly after the hot shower. I find it an extremely interesting effect that I have never noticed before - and I have taken my "White Rose" to my heart with this detour!

by Irini
by R0din
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Floris

Honey Oud by Floris Leather Oud by Floris White Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Lily of the Valley by Floris 1976 by Floris Elite (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Bouquet de la Reine (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Vetiver by Floris No. 89 (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Mahon Leather by Floris Limes by Floris Cherry Blossom by Floris Night Scented Jasmine (Eau de Parfum) by Floris Special No. 127 / Original Gentlemen's Cologne by Floris Amaryllis by Floris Santal / Eau de Santal (Eau de Toilette) by Floris Jermyn Street by Floris Soulle Ámbar by Floris JF (Eau de Toilette) by Floris