Find Me (No.1) by Folie à Plusieurs

Find Me (No.1) 2019

UniNoUta
15.01.2020 - 08:29 PM

Like waking up in a Sicilian citrus grove

What a fun idea, to hand the same inspiriation to two different perfumers and see what each comes up with. In this case, the inspiration being Andre Aciman's "Find Me" - the sequel to "Call Me By Your Name"

For version #1, we get the legend Mark Buxton, who's in full lush mode. This isn't Buxton in his usual industrial/experimental wheelhouse. It's a beaut: huge presence of blossoms up front, with the zest and oils of the fruit following not far behind. At first it appears a little single-note, but as it dries down some of the green notes lurk in the background, then the tart fruit itself, and finally just a wee hint of musk (and I guess whatever "skin accord" is) give it some corporeality. I don't really get the spices (ginger, cardamom, pepper) which are such a signature of his, but perhaps they're adding complexity in an undetectable way.

It's marketed as unisex, and I suppose everything can be in a sense, though for me it reads much more feminine, with the strong floral presence throughout. At least for me - although there aren't many overlapping notes (there's the mysterious "skin accord") it makes me think of a lighter, brighter companion to his "Duke of Burgundy" for the same line. Beautiful stuff, if not something for me to wear personally.

Latest Reviews

UniNoUtaUniNoUta 3 years ago
One of the most fascinating scents from a fascinating company. I'm having a hard time explaining this one. While the components, on paper, are all quite natural, and don't seem to be anything to speak of - we've all smelled leathers with...
UniNoUtaUniNoUta 3 years ago
The second expression from LFaP's little experiment: giving the same inspiration to two different perfumers and seeing what each comes up with. In this case, the inspiration being Andre Aciman's "Find Me" - the sequel to "Call Me By Your Name" For...