Amber Absolutely 2016

Amber Absolutely by Fort & Manlé
Amber Absolutely is a popular perfume by Fort & Manlé for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is resinous-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Rasei Fort

BenzoinBenzoin
CedarwoodCedarwood
VetiverVetiver
LabdanumLabdanum

Submitted by M3000, last update on 27.06.2021.

Amber fruit compote
A stunning amber / fruity fragrance. For me the opening is breathtaking and justifies why you get what you pay for in fragrances of the Picasso caliber. The beautiful sensual musks used in this symphony of a composition are the reason why niche perfumery will always be an art form. After the first hour or so, the tart fruitiness fades away (some) and it slides into a deep, sweet / not dry, powdery scent, with the sweet amber being an obsessive shield that exhilarates everything that blows from its sillage. I really enjoy it and I would go for people with style and class, but not an office environment. A solid 9/10 and a bottle that is certainly worthy in my collection.

Amber barber shop
This is a weird amber perfume. I have pressed the i LOVE Burton, because i can recognize a good quality here, although this is not a perfume that i would wear. I ser the notes List but this is not what i smell. I sobre say thelist is wrobg because if i think and abstracto myself i can recog ize this notes but the first impresión is totally different. If i wouldnt see the list i would say this a bsrber shop kind of perfume, very masculine, with a very ambery and balsámic background but without loosing his fougere? And classic Style. I get Aldo some honey vibe which makesme remember perfumes like tabú by dana.the performance is better than other f&m perfumes and i think It leans a bit more masculine although the sweetness makes It easily worn by women. It has also some decicinal vibe. For cold weather better.

Scent: 7
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 6
Originality: 7
Global: 7.5
Amber fellow traveller
Enthusiasm, that overcame me when Rasei Fort called me, I should create a perfume for Fort&Manle instead of his. Rugby was on the agenda, so he had better things to do. Maybe he also wanted to surf or something, I hadn't really listened to what people do in Australia. I said to him, I've never done that before, no idea what to do. For him it was not an issue, I should relax. He saw that I had written some comments on Parfumo about Fort&Manle and realized that he often mixes in the same content. So I guess that would be no problem. I told him that Floyd and FvSpee had written better comments. He agreed with me, but Floyd was too attached to Aunt Manle and FvSpee was still working on the Covid transcriptions. And so I was the first choice. You could say I was the Bruno Labbadia of the perfume world for him Anyway, we met at his secret lab. He showed me around, showed me where the coffee machine was and then led me to the ingredients he always mixes in. I asked him what he wanted it to be: flowery or gourmand? Gourmandig he told me. I was a little relieved, because the garden goblin and the gentleman with the purple hat, that was not mine. Anyway, he now brought out everything that is gladly taken in Fort&Manle fragrances. He gave me various roses like the Damascus rose, looked what else was in the food cupboard and found: "the honey, where is the honey? We are lost! Ah wait! There I have some overripe plums and some currant, should be gone anyway and plums always work!"
In the end he laid out a lot for me for the base notes, we said goodbye and just before he closed the door he shouted to me: "Oh, the roses are getting into the fruit, then it will be more intense!"
So I thought about what to do and put the rose in the heart note (unfortunately I had forgotten what kind and just wrote rose down), let it smell good through the fruit. I was familiar with this from back then, when I worked for a fruit bar manufacturer and re-fertilized raisins. To get the brute start, I left the plums in the sun just like the currants. This robbed the latter of its pencil note and the plum was sweet and slushy, an overwhelming smell. Not bad at all, I thought to myself. Finally the base, by default I put amber, musk in, a bit of cedar and vetiver so it's not just diabetic sweet and I was done. Now I had to come up with another name. I couldn't think of anything except Amber Absolutely but it didn't really smell like Amber. So I put more of it in. Now it was more noticeable. I settled.

Rasei came back at some point and examined my work. "Yes, yes, it smells really nice, not as slaying as I would have done it, but totally ok. It's also nice that the smell fades after an hour at the latest, I would have done the same. As usual. The result is a nice, darkly sweet scent, slightly sweetish but with depth. All in all a fine number, less brute than my Sultan Hamam perfumes, could be something for people who want it in lighter. Nice approach for the future."

I said goodbye and as I went out I saw the new bucket of honey and an edition of 1001 Nights; I frowned at his last words

Amber
Notes: Plum, Black Currant, Rose, Amber, Labdanum, Cedar, Vetiver and Musk

This is just stunning, breathtaking and absolutely beautiful. Amber being my favorite note and this one just knocked it out of the park. Glad I saved this sample for last and this is my favorite from his house.

My Top 5 from Fort & Manle.
1) Amber Absolutely
2) Mr. Bojnokopff's Purple Hat
3) Charlatan
4) Forty Thieves
5) Confessions of a Garden Gnome
Manlé Melbourne people menu
Dear Aunt Manlé,
i am infinitely grateful for the recipe you sent me last week. You were absolutely right that vegetarianism is no way out for Unserins just because you don't like the meat anymore. It depends on the preparation, how true. With your "Amber Absolutely" you have even managed a multi-course menu in only one piece. That's masterful, Aunt Manlé.
This fruity, spicy plum, whose sweetness is only tarnished by a slight sour hint of Johannesbeer and flanked by a minimal hint of rose, is an extraordinary aperitif, as it lets us start with the dessert like children. I didn't think it would be possible to add such a fragrance to meat. I enjoyed this starter for several hours before slowly moving on to the second course.
I know you knew, Aunt, but I have to express it gratefully again at this point: I love smoked meat, especially when it is resinous-ambry and slightly woody like this. This main course melts sweetly balsamic for hours, stays warm for a long time, balances amber, benzoin and labdanum to perfection and rarely lets cool green spices shine through. That's how I like people. Who needs a sweet dessert if you don't want to let go of the main course when it becomes so light and airy that you could take it with you to bed? I know, auntie, you once forbid me to take food to bed because of the stains, but you can make an exception, can't you?
RobGordon
Fort & Manle care for noses down there!
But the Aussies do not only have a heart for noses from Down Under. In a globalised world, you can also get the scents of this range in a Dutch online shop, which keeps extreme waiting times and customs inconveniences at bay.

I would like to mention this shop in a positive way (liannetioparfums.nl) Included 4 Ormonde Jayne fillings with my sample set order. The fact that I already knew them does not detract from the joy. At Fort & Manle itself, this sample set is currently sold out.

I was struck by the Australian niche label, by their smart flacons and the consistently good ratings here. I'm not sure if I'll comment on every fragrance in this series, but the collected scent impressions invite me to do so.

There is certainly no lack of amber scents. Amber Absolutely could prove to be a game-changer of this genre, for fragrance lovers who are still at war with it. I'm not a fan of ambry roses myself, but this scent teaches me better
According to the pyramid, you could expect a fruit basket at the beginning and even then you can do a lot of wrong for my nose. Authentic fruit, rarely succeeds in perfumery if the citrus department is not involved. Here, a duet of Play-Doh and machine oil welcomes me for a moment, while the alcohol takes flight. After a few seconds the irritation is over.

I like currant in every shape, fruit, leaf, everything is balm in my nose. But I am not sure which part of the plant should be responsible for this scent. The colleagues write about a sour contrast. This could just as well come from a bergamot. How does a natural plum smell in a world of scents that is completely enhanced by artificial aromas (plum wine, yoghurts,...) Plums usually only develop a more distinct aroma when they are boiled down or already overripe.

I can't for the life of me recognize plum here as such. An aromatic-fruity note, however, which is most likely to underline the greenish-tart flavour of currant leaf tickling in the nose. Anyone expecting the pulp of the currant is on the wrong track and belongs in the "Enchanted Forest". The reference fragrance for currant.

It has to be said that such fragile fragrances have a hard time asserting themselves against a base that is starting very early. In any case, I don't find the fruit impression disturbing here, doesn't trigger a synthetic alarm and it doesn't last too long anyway. The already mentioned green-acidic impression on the skin is also in this fragrance a well placed contrast generator
However, I lack the naming of a note, which is more or less conspicuous depending on the form of the day, and at the same time I would like to report a missing person. The rascal answers to the name cinnamon! Much of this goes into the projection together with a well filed rose, which does not let the scent drift off clearly into the ladies' camp at any stage. On the skin sometimes more, sometimes less noticeable.

Still more than in "Honos", but considerably less than in "Dolce di Giorno" or "Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico". The fact that cinnamon is not mentioned in the Pyramid could be due to the fact that it is part of the amber chord to elapse its existence.

The fragrance is currently listed as "resin sweet". I don't feel any sweetness at the current temperatures and it doesn't develop into a ricochet in women. The fruit cocktail in the front is well-considered cushioned and what comes from cinnamon into the projection, I would place in the category "men's cinnamon"
Cinnamon is not sweet by nature, only if you give it with sugar. It is slightly hot on the tongue. And spicy and aromatic in the nose. This one comes along as if it was stretched with desert sand and perfectly embeds itself into the amber-rose chord. At the same time it restrains the rose without becoming a nerve factor itself. If you mentally subtract the cinnamon, the result is not far from Tauers 2 "finish".

Therefore, this fragrance seems to me to be ideal for noses that still fail at Tauers 2s, are looking for a discreetly amber rose for every day, or as a beginner's fragrance in the world of amber fragrances that do without cloves.
Office or opera, on the skin or in projection. Amber Absolutely always cuts a good figure. Even if I was not yet allowed to wear it in every season, it seems to me to be designed for every season.

The test vials are made of glass, very praiseworthy, the dimensions of the spray nozzle are very narrow. It takes a few more strokes to achieve the equivalent of a familiar bottle. The rating could be even higher, but I like to put scent impressions in relation to each other and in this series 2 more scents shine, which I like at least as well or even better at the moment. Nevertheless this one already triggers a buying stimulus for me.

Plum does the trick

Amber Absolutely Olfactory Description

Black currant and Plum mingle with a sensual Rose in the heart which is elevated by a sweet cedar and soft hay-like vetiver note swirling around a succulent Amber resin; with a touch of benzoin adding richness to an opulent base of musk and leather-like Labdanum. Once all intertwined an elixir of some of the most costly of all perfumer materials accosting everyone in its trail with a scent which Middle Eastern Royalty would be celebratory of. Gum Resins which have been used in perfumery for millennia with origins from the Middle East have been taken by Fort & Manle and blended them with the sumptuous notes of plum and black currant so well to create a scent which is both alluring and majestic.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
Weird...amber with resinous and some barber shop vibe. Vintage scent. Btwn acdd by tauer and tabú by Dana. Honeyed and spicy amber. Not mine

Happy Halloween /für Fresh.Erinnert mich an Friedhof der Kuscheltiere.
by Gandix
Für Fresh's Halloween - Party, die Vögel kommen auch, aber sie mögen es dunkel.
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Liquidasset
by Liquidasset

Popular Fort & Manlé

Fatih Sultan Mehmed by Fort & Manlé Charlatan by Fort & Manlé Mr. Bojnokopff's Purple Hat by Fort & Manlé Maduro by Fort & Manlé Meráki by Fort & Manlé Harem Rose by Fort & Manlé Forty Thieves by Fort & Manlé Süleyman Le Magnifique by Fort & Manlé Impressions de Giverny by Fort & Manlé Confessions of a Garden Gnome by Fort & Manlé Last of D'Agar by Fort & Manlé