Amber Absolutely 2016

Amber Absolutely by Fort & Manlé
Amber Absolutely is a popular perfume by Fort & Manlé for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Rasei Fort

Top Notes Top NotesPlum, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Amber, Benzoin, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Labdanum

Submitted by M3000, last update on 29.10.2020.

Amber fruit compote
A stunning amber / fruity fragrance. For me the opening is breathtaking and justifies why you get what you pay for in fragrances of the Picasso caliber. The beautiful sensual musks used in this symphony of a composition are the reason why niche perfumery will always be an art form. After the first hour or so, the tart fruitiness fades away (some) and it slides into a deep, sweet / not dry, powdery scent, with the sweet amber being an obsessive shield that exhilarates everything that blows from its sillage. I really enjoy it and I would go for people with style and class, but not an office environment. A solid 9/10 and a bottle that is certainly worthy in my collection.

Amber barber shop
This is a weird amber perfume. I have pressed the i LOVE Burton, because i can recognize a good quality here, although this is not a perfume that i would wear. I ser the notes List but this is not what i smell. I sobre say thelist is wrobg because if i think and abstracto myself i can recog ize this notes but the first impresión is totally different. If i wouldnt see the list i would say this a bsrber shop kind of perfume, very masculine, with a very ambery and balsámic background but without loosing his fougere? And classic Style. I get Aldo some honey vibe which makesme remember perfumes like tabú by dana.the performance is better than other f&m perfumes and i think It leans a bit more masculine although the sweetness makes It easily worn by women. It has also some decicinal vibe. For cold weather better.

Scent: 7
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 6
Originality: 7
Global: 7.5
Amber fellow traveller
Enthusiasm, that overcame me when Rasei Fort called me, I should create a perfume for Fort&Manle instead of his. Rugby was on the agenda, so he had better things to do. Maybe he also wanted to surf or something, I hadn't really listened to what people do in Australia. I said to him, I've never done that before, no idea what to do. For him it was not an issue, I should relax. He saw that I had written some comments on Parfumo about Fort&Manle and realized that he often mixes in the same content. So I guess that would be no problem. I told him that Floyd and FvSpee had written better comments. He agreed with me, but Floyd was too attached to Aunt Manle and FvSpee was still working on the Covid transcriptions. And so I was the first choice. You could say I was the Bruno Labbadia of the perfume world for him Anyway, we met at his secret lab. He showed me around, showed me where the coffee machine was and then led me to the ingredients he always mixes in. I asked him what he wanted it to be: flowery or gourmand? Gourmandig he told me. I was a little relieved, because the garden goblin and the gentleman with the purple hat, that was not mine. Anyway, he now brought out everything that is gladly taken in Fort&Manle fragrances. He gave me various roses like the Damascus rose, looked what else was in the food cupboard and found: "the honey, where is the honey? We are lost! Ah wait! There I have some overripe plums and some currant, should be gone anyway and plums always work!"
In the end he laid out a lot for me for the base notes, we said goodbye and just before he closed the door he shouted to me: "Oh, the roses are getting into the fruit, then it will be more intense!"
So I thought about what to do and put the rose in the heart note (unfortunately I had forgotten what kind and just wrote rose down), let it smell good through the fruit. I was familiar with this from back then, when I worked for a fruit bar manufacturer and re-fertilized raisins. To get the brute start, I left the plums in the sun just like the currants. This robbed the latter of its pencil note and the plum was sweet and slushy, an overwhelming smell. Not bad at all, I thought to myself. Finally the base, by default I put amber, musk in, a bit of cedar and vetiver so it's not just diabetic sweet and I was done. Now I had to come up with another name. I couldn't think of anything except Amber Absolutely but it didn't really smell like Amber. So I put more of it in. Now it was more noticeable. I settled.

Rasei came back at some point and examined my work. "Yes, yes, it smells really nice, not as slaying as I would have done it, but totally ok. It's also nice that the smell fades after an hour at the latest, I would have done the same. As usual. The result is a nice, darkly sweet scent, slightly sweetish but with depth. All in all a fine number, less brute than my Sultan Hamam perfumes, could be something for people who want it in lighter. Nice approach for the future."

I said goodbye and as I went out I saw the new bucket of honey and an edition of 1001 Nights; I frowned at his last words

Amber
Notes: Plum, Black Currant, Rose, Amber, Labdanum, Cedar, Vetiver and Musk

This is just stunning, breathtaking and absolutely beautiful. Amber being my favorite note and this one just knocked it out of the park. Glad I saved this sample for last and this is my favorite from his house.

My Top 5 from Fort & Manle.
1) Amber Absolutely
2) Mr. Bojnokopff's Purple Hat
3) Charlatan
4) Forty Thieves
5) Confessions of a Garden Gnome
Manlé Melbourne people menu
Dear Aunt Manlé,
i am infinitely grateful for the recipe you sent me last week. You were absolutely right that vegetarianism is no way out for Unserins just because you don't like the meat anymore. It depends on the preparation, how true. With your "Amber Absolutely" you have even managed a multi-course menu in only one piece. That's masterful, Aunt Manlé.
This fruity, spicy plum, whose sweetness is only tarnished by a slight sour hint of Johannesbeer and flanked by a minimal hint of rose, is an extraordinary aperitif, as it lets us start with the dessert like children. I didn't think it would be possible to add such a fragrance to meat. I enjoyed this starter for several hours before slowly moving on to the second course.
I know you knew, Aunt, but I have to express it gratefully again at this point: I love smoked meat, especially when it is resinous-ambry and slightly woody like this. This main course melts sweetly balsamic for hours, stays warm for a long time, balances amber, benzoin and labdanum to perfection and rarely lets cool green spices shine through. That's how I like people. Who needs a sweet dessert if you don't want to let go of the main course when it becomes so light and airy that you could take it with you to bed? I know, auntie, you once forbid me to take food to bed because of the stains, but you can make an exception, can't you?

Plum does the trick

Amber Absolutely Olfactory Description

Black currant and Plum mingle with a sensual Rose in the heart which is elevated by a sweet cedar and soft hay-like vetiver note swirling around a succulent Amber resin; with a touch of benzoin adding richness to an opulent base of musk and leather-like Labdanum. Once all intertwined an elixir of some of the most costly of all perfumer materials accosting everyone in its trail with a scent which Middle Eastern Royalty would be celebratory of. Gum Resins which have been used in perfumery for millennia with origins from the Middle East have been taken by Fort & Manle and blended them with the sumptuous notes of plum and black currant so well to create a scent which is both alluring and majestic.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 5 months ago
Weird...amber with resinous and some barber shop vibe. Vintage scent. Btwn acdd by tauer and tabú by Dana. Honeyed and spicy amber. Not mine

Happy Halloween /für Fresh.Erinnert mich an Friedhof der Kuscheltiere.
by Gandix
Für Fresh's Halloween - Party, die Vögel kommen auch, aber sie mögen es dunkel.
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Liquidasset
by Liquidasset

Popular Fort & Manlé

Fatih Sultan Mehmed by Fort & Manlé Mr. Bojnokopff's Purple Hat by Fort & Manlé Charlatan by Fort & Manlé Harem Rose by Fort & Manlé Forty Thieves by Fort & Manlé Maduro by Fort & Manlé Süleyman Le Magnifique by Fort & Manlé Impressions de Giverny by Fort & Manlé Confessions of a Garden Gnome by Fort & Manlé Meráki by Fort & Manlé