Belle de Nuit

Eau de Toilette (1946)
Belle de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard
Where to buy?
Belle de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) (Fragonard)
Belle de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Fragonard for women and was released in 1946. The scent is flowery-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBelle de nuit flower, Ylang-ylang, Gardenia
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Geranium, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesPlum, Wood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.02.2017

This scent was re-released in 2002.

Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 6.0/10
Helpful Review    3 Awards
Old-fashioned soaps
While I do find this fragrance pretty, it's a little too soapy for my liking. It smells like an expensive bar of old-fashioned, floral soap.

The floral notes aren't as pronounced and as creamy as I would like them to be. The geranium tends to be quite prominent, adding a strange tartness to the scent.

Initially Belle de Nuit smelt grassy on my skin, and a little sharp. I found some similarities between this fragrance and Pure by DKNY. However once the scent had developed into the heart, the florals became much more balanced, with a slightly rich and juicy plum note.

In a warmer environment the gardenia, rose and violet really tend to shine, however in this cold weather in which I'm testing it now, Belle de Nuit smells literally like soap and musk. Due to this observation, Belle de Nuit is better suited to the delightful Spring weather.

Belle de Nuit lacks sweetness and powdery-ness which is something you often expect with florals. It does however have a very 'perfume-y' feel to it.

I'm young, and unfortunately I don't think that this perfume suits my age category. Belle de Nuit is more for a mature woman with a very clear approach to life. This fragrance is classic, a little old-fashioned and clean. Nothing in this composition hints at anything particularly sexy or daring.

The lasting power is impressive and the sillage is delicate and intimate. This fragrance, although it is not really to my taste, is something that I can imagine a caring mother wearing. Belle de Nuit is a scent that I'd like to remember a role-model in my life smelling of.

Popular Fragonard

Grain de Soleil by Fragonard Rêve Indien by Fragonard Diamant (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Billet Doux (2006) by Fragonard Belle de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Les Naturelles: Fleur de Vanille by Fragonard Le Jardin de Fragonard - Héliotrope Gingembre by Fragonard Fragonard (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Miranda by Fragonard Violette by Fragonard Soleil by Fragonard Capucine by Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger by Fragonard Éclat (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Étoile (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Vétiver by Fragonard Émilie (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Muguet by Fragonard Concerto by Fragonard Cologne Grand Luxe by Fragonard