Billet Doux (2006)

(2006)
Billet Doux (2006) by Fragonard
Where to buy?
Billet Doux (2006) is a popular perfume by Fragonard for women and was released in 2006. The scent is flowery-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAmalfi lemon, Bergamot, Mandarin

Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
2 Awards
A typical gift shop item
This perfume is so harmless and innocent that I really cannot say much about it other than it is pleasing. It smells like hand-milled expensive soap that you would put into your drawer.

I love it, however. You have to spray quite a lot before a soft cloud surrounds you and greets you at every movement. Then it holds, and slowly becomes a skin scent which lasts many hours.

The outside carton is very nice and holds a golden bottle. This makes a nice gift.

In today's market, it does not seem strong enough to make a statement.

Lovely, I say, a little "love letter". Old-fashioned, of good quality, and gentle. If a movie character were to wear this scent, it could be Melanie Hamilton in "Gone with the Wind".

(When I want a stronger Carnation note, my choice would be "En Avion" by Caron.)
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
Very helpful Review    4 Awards
Exquisite carnation
Carnation is a note that often gets blended in with other notes so that it tends to slip under the radar. In the case of Billet Doux, carnation really shines. So much so that I have a new-found love for the flower.

I disagree with those that find this fragrance plain, Billet Doux for me is very memorable. It strikes me as something very different, unique even.

Other than the dominant carnation, subtle spices and sweet citruses make up the composition. On my skin in particular, Billet Doux smells clean, like old-fashioned soap and cedar chests. It is a lot prettier than what I describe of course.

Being mostly soapy powder with hints of citrus, spices and woods now and then, Billet Doux is a fragrance that I believed I could only dream about. Unfortunately my skin, although it does agree with this fragrance, makes the cedar note strong, and in some ways, quite masculine.

The sweetness is not done justice on my skin, however when I've smelt this fragrance on others, Billet Doux is beyond amazing.

Fragonard's fragrances are quite distinctive and original. They also have a classic type feel that is highlighted by their beautiful, 19th century inspired bottles. Such a fragrance as Billet Doux seems fit for a Queen.

The lasting power is wonderfully good, as is the sillage which is neither overpowering nor whimsically soft. I owe my thanks to the sales assistant who so kindly gave me many samples of this beautiful fragrance.

Popular Fragonard

Grain de Soleil by Fragonard Rêve Indien by Fragonard Diamant (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Billet Doux (2006) by Fragonard Belle de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Les Naturelles: Fleur de Vanille by Fragonard Le Jardin de Fragonard - Héliotrope Gingembre by Fragonard Fragonard (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Miranda by Fragonard Violette by Fragonard Soleil by Fragonard Capucine by Fragonard Fleur d'Oranger by Fragonard Éclat (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Étoile (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Vétiver by Fragonard Émilie (Eau de Toilette) by Fragonard Muguet by Fragonard Concerto by Fragonard Cologne Grand Luxe by Fragonard